• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I also have this return mission invite thing that is still kinda up. I'm not sure if you have to be new to the game or not

act.hoyoverse.com

The player return web event "Come With Me, Take the Journey" is now available. Participate to obtain up to 480 Stellar Jades and more!

Invite returning Trailblazers to link up with your invitation code and log into the game to win Stellar Jades, PlayStation®5, iPhone, and other surprise rewards
I think you have to be someone who quit the game and is coming back via your link. So unlikely to get any hits on it from this thread.

HaywireTomato

Dec 10, 2017
Huh.....I didn't realize Yukong hasn't been on any of the last....13 banners?

That's kinda fucking wild - I can't imagine why that is, unless Hoyo realized how clunky her kit is, especially non-E6, and is trying to keep her out of the way?

Seems kinda tinfoil-hat-esque, but I dunno any other reason, aside from them continually releasing new 5* Harmony units too close to each other to sneak another one in there.
I wonder if the new free 4* Harmony LC would increase Yukong's usage again. It turns her ult into a nuke because of the atk and dmg buffs if you are running a dps build at E6 lol.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the new free 4* Harmony LC would increase Yukong's usage again. It turns her ult into a nuke because of the atk and dmg buffs if you are running a dps build at E6 lol.

IDK - I'm running E6 Yukong occasionally with DHIL (at least, pre-Sparkle), and it is a STRUGGLE to get her crit ratio to be good/viable.

Her ult giving her a stack of her talent upon activation (at E6) helps with that, but even with that her enhanced basics don't do as much anymore (with the enemies getting bigger toughness bars), and I don't think her ult pumps out anything considering 'crazy-high' damage, since you still need ERR rope instead of attack%, and her ult charge still feels real slow if she's using her enhanced basic at all.

Maybe I need to swap her over to Memories of the past instead of Planetary Rendezvous, for more ult buff uptime over the additional imaginary damage% increase, idk.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Okay yeah, think I'll go for her instead then.
Forgot I actually have Tingyun at E4 but stopped leveling her once I had both Sparkle and Bronya, is that a mistake?

Ting is a bit more niche than she used to be compared to Pela but is still fantastic for several characters (and several comps run x 2 harmony) so she's quite good. Anyone who loves spamming their ult would love to have her.

I personally think a second 5* sustain would go a long way for you since you still need a second (and Bailu isn't quite as strong as the limited sustains, even if she is perfectly serviceable) since you'll need a bare minimum of 2 strong ones, but if you finish up Lynx/use Gallagher you might be okay? A lot of the 4*s in the game are still quite good when capped out at E6

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Today's 3x
lubhs04.jpg

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017

TBH, with 2 flat stats and no speed substat and only crit rate.....I'm kind of wondering on why roll that in the first place?

I'd maybe save it as a last resort piece for a future unit, but....idk.

Meanwhile, my SW Crit damage chest rolled twice into crit rate and twice into EHR (and she's using the EHR = attack% planar still), so that ended up better than expected - picked up an extra 9% crit rate and 11% EHR, and roughly the same attack %.

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
The only thing I got out of 3x was enough relic exp to finish leveling Pela's EHR chest

But it did roll into 9 speed so it was a good day anyway

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
My Aventurine really has changed my account for the better, I was just able to clear MoC 11 for the very first time, feel so glad. :)

Honkai-Star-Rail-Screenshot-2024-04-26-19-01-29-69.png

Not sure I am ready for MoC 12 yet due to my relics but I will give it a try tomorrow. :)

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

View: https://twitter.com/megane_helios/status/1783831740097933440?t=CM5A10DxDxoirGIOTGlMmw&s=19

TBH, with 2 flat stats and no speed substat, I'm kind of wondering on why you'd roll that in the first place?

My SW Crit damage chest rolled twice into crit rate and twice into EHR (and she's using the EHR = attack% planar still), so that ended up better than expected - picked up an extra 9% crit rate and 11% EHR, and roughly the same attack %.
I was hoping for it to roll only in Crit Rate since it's started with 4 stats then I would have switched my Acheron from CR% chest to a CD% one but I knew it was very unlikely to happen.

I'll just feed this piece to another relic tomorrow if I do get something worth it.

Nice that you got something for SW.

My Aventurine really has changed my account for the better, I was just able to clear MoC 11 for the very first time, feel so glad. :)

Honkai-Star-Rail-Screenshot-2024-04-26-19-01-29-69.png

Not sure I am ready for MoC 12 yet due to my relics but I will give it a try tomorrow. :)
Congrats Buttons! 3* too!

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Thanks Naya! :) Still working on Ratio's traces then next up will be Guinaifen to lv80. Then after that I may level Pela since she is E6.

My Aventurine also hit 3850 DEF now, the only relic piece left to level is his head piece at +12, hoping it rolls once more into DEF. At least he works when under 4k DEF too, even if being so close to it hurts. xD

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I remember when we only had 10 Stage!!

Thanks Naya! :) Still working on Ratio's traces then next up will be Guinaifen to lv80. Then after that I may level Pela since she is E6.

My Aventurine also hit 3850 DEF now, the only relic piece left to level is his head piece at +12, hoping it rolls once more into DEF. At least he works when under 4k DEF too, even if being so close to it hurts. xD

Yeah you should level Pela. Hoping that it goes into DEF for you too. Good Luck on when you try Stage 12, it's definitely possible for your roster but can get annoying. Aventurine will help a lot and you may want to use your Argenti.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
I spent all the 10 fuel grinding the DoT Domain and i got nothing good.

Raised up a random passerby hand piece and it got nine speed.

Why game??

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I remember when we only had 10 Stage!!

Yeah you should level Pela. Hoping that it goes into DEF for you too. Good Luck on when you try Stage 12, it's definitely possible for your roster but can get annoying. Aventurine will help a lot and you may want to use your Argenti.
Yeah, I may use Argenti instead of Ratio for MoC 12, he is my 2nd best geared DPS after Jing Yuan and with his E1 he is a power house. :)

I want to level Pela for Argenti in particular, because if I use both Ying Yuan and Argenti I have one harmony character too little. Guinaifen is awesome as a debuffer for Ratio, but for Argenti Pela would work better. Or maybe Harmony MC could also work once they release. We'll see. :)

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
No one is essential but she is pretty much an 'evergreen' FUA support (in the same way Kafka is to DoT teams unless they release someone with the same sort of mechanic). She benefits a ton from her Sig LC and her E1 that I think I'll likely favor Robin and a different team comp over her though.
She's core in Dr Ratio teams with RM/Aventurine which is rated ever so slightly higher than the JY/Sparkle/TY/FX comp on prywen for fast MoC clears (20 vs 23). She slots into any team reasonablly well since she's extremely SP positive but being Hunt kinda limits her PF usefulness. Her LC does a lot of passive damage for the whole party so that is very nice for her and a few other characters
Not very

Topaz's damage and buffs are both single target. That makes her quite weak in PF. In PF, your best FUA team is Aventurine, Himeko, Herta, and Ruan Mei. In patch 2.2, Robin will replace Ruan Mei. In patch 2.3, the dps are likely to be 2 out of Jade, Himeko, and Herta, depending on enemy configutation. In MoC, Topaz E1S1 is going to have a lot of staying power, but that is E1S1, not E0S0.

Thanks for the insight peeps. Topaz sounds like extra investment is needed to make her stand out. I think I'm gonna skip her then. I wanna build a FUA team but seems I'll do okay with the units I have

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping for it to roll only in Crit Rate since it's started with 4 stats then I would have switched my Acheron from CR% chest to a CD% one but I knew it was very unlikely to happen.

Ah, I gotcha - known quantity is sometimes better, since you get one more 'chance' at an upgrade, yeah.

(Sorry if that came across super rude, incidentally - meant it in a 'generally inquisitive' sense, but definitely realized upon reading it afterwards that it wasn't really conveyed that way)

...Relatedly...does Acheron's E1 18% crit rate ever ACTUALLY show up/be reflected in her stats page?

I've looked even at her stats during 'mid-ult' time, and while Fu Xuan's bonus and her 12% from planar activate to kick in, I don't know that I'm seeing her E1 crit rate ever actually reflected?

With having hit E1, I swapped over to crit damage chest piece - her 'baseline' is 40% in the character select screen, but with 12% planar + Fu Xuan's 12% + her 18% from E1, she should be at 82....but even mid-ult, I only see 64%.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
We will all at least get 1 good day of 3x right?
Ah, I gotcha - known quantity is sometimes better, since you get one more 'chance' at an upgrade, yeah.

(Sorry if that came across super rude, incidentally - meant it in a 'generally inquisitive' sense, but definitely realized upon reading it afterwards that it wasn't really conveyed that way)

...Relatedly...does Acheron's E1 18% crit rate ever ACTUALLY show up/be reflected in her stats page?

I've looked even at her stats during 'mid-ult' time, and while Fu Xuan's bonus and her 12% from planar activate to kick in, I don't know that I'm seeing her E1 crit rate ever actually reflected?

With having hit E1, I swapped over to crit damage chest piece - her 'baseline' is 40% in the character select screen, but with 12% planar + Fu Xuan's 12% + her 18% from E1, she should be at 82....but even mid-ult, I only see 64%.
I didn't see it as rude. Acheron E1 never shows up on screen and I wish it did since It's always active the moment she uses her Ultimate so yeah your Acheron is at 82.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
gurq9mn.png

368 days for some reason

Roster now that it's Officially a year

I'll give 30 pulls on Topaz for E6 Xueyi and if I get E6 Hanya too that will be nice but it will probably only be March. I kinda want the new 4* LC but I must save everything for Sam and with Acheron having her signature I really don't need it.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
The directing/editing event looks kinda lame and assignment events are always boring

I hope the Penacony finale is really good at least, otherwise this is a bit of a flop patch for me

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Can anyone who keeps up with leaks give a brief summary of what teammates Robin/Boothill/Firefly/Jade go with?
None of em really stand out to me at this point and I'd prefer to pick one that slots into a team I have available rather than starting to spend currency on a whole new team archetype I don't have the pieces for

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
TBH, with 2 flat stats and no speed substat and only crit rate.....I'm kind of wondering on why roll that in the first place?

I'd maybe save it as a last resort piece for a future unit, but....idk.

Meanwhile, my SW Crit damage chest rolled twice into crit rate and twice into EHR (and she's using the EHR = attack% planar still), so that ended up better than expected - picked up an extra 9% crit rate and 11% EHR, and roughly the same attack %.

I've never really looked into this, but is there a point where it's outright bad to do this even if you just use the leveled up piece as xp for another? I'll usually get anything that has a good main stat + crit to +9 then dump it into something else if everything is rolling bad. I'm not sure how much you miss out on doing it this way.

Light Valyis

Apr 19, 2024
Ting is a bit more niche than she used to be compared to Pela but is still fantastic for several characters (and several comps run x 2 harmony) so she's quite good. Anyone who loves spamming their ult would love to have her.

I personally think a second 5* sustain would go a long way for you since you still need a second (and Bailu isn't quite as strong as the limited sustains, even if she is perfectly serviceable) since you'll need a bare minimum of 2 strong ones, but if you finish up Lynx/use Gallagher you might be okay? A lot of the 4*s in the game are still quite good when capped out at E6
Ah okay, hmm, lots to think about. I use gallagher with acheron if the team needs heals, otherwise I use trailblazer along with pela and guinafen (I'm one of those people who have to have the mc in at least 1 active team, regardless of how good they are).

Edit: I am working on my Lynx too, I need at least 1 sustain with debuff removal and Natasha ain't it

I've never really looked into this, but is there a point where it's outright bad to do this even if you just use the leveled up piece as xp for another? I'll usually get anything that has a good main stat + crit to +9 then dump it into something else if everything is rolling bad. I'm not sure how much you miss out on doing it this way.
You only miss at +15 I think?

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Ah okay, hmm, lots to think about. I use gallagher with acheron if the team needs heals, otherwise I use trailblazer along with pela and guinafen (I'm one of those people who have to have the mc in at least 1 active team, regardless of how good they are)

I doubt the current forms are the last we will see, although it's a crapshoot how good whatever next form will be until we see it live.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017

Technically no, there's always a chance to hit your desired stat.

And even at 15, you get some (all? I'm not 100% sure) of the excess XP back as more mats.

But with the vast increase in weapon XP required at higher levels, I generally don't go above 6 if I'm not getting either of my 2 desired relic substats to proc - maaaybe 9 if I've got some mats/castoffs to spare.

But it also depends on A) Whether or not I have ANY suitable gear for the set in question (i.e. if it's the first piece, I bear with going to 15 even if it's bad substats), and/or whether it has 2 or 3 desired substats

(And C)Whether or not the gear has only 3 substats to start with, or all 4).

....That being said, the number of times I've had all 4 levels ups go into the one solo flat HP or DEF stat is - or at least seems like - far higher than I would like/it should be.

Folding one armor piece into another does lose you some XP compared to just feeding materials directly, yes, though I'm not sure on the amount/%.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Robin ANY TEAM
Boothill Break team but needs to attack weakness
Firefly ?? DPS but the leaked kits do a lot right now, wait for beta.
Jade FUA buffer but can slot in Mono Quantum, wait for beta kit a little difficult to parse right now.

So Robin isn't just FUA buffs? I got the vague impression of that from this thread earlier
I already have Sparkle and Ruan Mei, is she preferable to them anywhere?

Light Valyis

Apr 19, 2024
I doubt the current forms are the last we will see, although it's a crapshoot how good whatever next form will be until we see it live.
Very true, from what I saw in Genshin the MC will continue to get more cool stuff, we'll have to see how effective but it doesn't really matter to me, I'm gonna keep using them haha.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Also, don't forget/FYI - the daily login has additional bonuses for logging in right now - it's not a lot, but basically zero effort to get them.

So Robin isn't just FUA buffs? I got the vague impression of that from this thread earlier
I already have Sparkle and Ruan Mei, is she preferable to them anywhere?

From what I understand, Robin's 'advance everyone 100% + power everyone up' really does help follow up a lot, specifically, because it cycles through a whole additional wave of follow-ups from Ratio/Topaz/Aventurine/etc.

Sparkle is still (in theory) better at single target/skill-point heavy hypercarry focus - Robin would, in theory, be especially useful in dual carry comps (though how she stacks up compared to Ruan Mei will need testing)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Debating whether I should watch the PV or not, but I'm sure even if I don't MHY will still find some way to spoil me on it (probably have the 2.2 main boss directly on the launcher or something).

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone who keeps up with leaks give a brief summary of what teammates Robin/Boothill/Firefly/Jade go with?
None of em really stand out to me at this point and I'd prefer to pick one that slots into a team I have available rather than starting to spend currency on a whole new team archetype I don't have the pieces for
Robin works best with FUA units but is a fairly universal buffer, especially for dual-DPS teams
Boothill wants break efficiency + break effect supports - Ruan Mei and Harmony Trailblazer will be his likely best team
Firefly doesn't have a finalized kit, but focuses on self-manipulating her HP and break effect. She also has a transformation ult that you'll want to stay in as long as possible. She'll likely want Ruan Mei and/or HTB and/or a turn advancer like Bronya or Sparkle, and most likely a healer instead of a shielder.
Jade also doesn't have a finalized kit. She wants either another FUA teammate, a blast/AOE DPS teammate, a really fast DPS teammate, or likely some combination of the above.