• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018
My Aventurine really has changed my account for the better, I was just able to clear MoC 11 for the very first time, feel so glad. :)

Honkai-Star-Rail-Screenshot-2024-04-26-19-01-29-69.png

Not sure I am ready for MoC 12 yet due to my relics but I will give it a try tomorrow. :)

Well done!

I need to actually get my Ratio relics…

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
So looking over all the units coming and reruns I'm unsure...
-From having Sparkle and Ruan Mei, Harmony seems to be the safest path to pull, with how transformative they are. So that gives points to Robin.
-Is there any point in investing in FuA teams without Topaz? Or is she likely to get replaced at some point.
-I like Boothill and Ruan Mei is there for him, but I have Argenti and Clara for phys stuff
-Fu Xuan, I like her role condensing with crit boost and heals, but I have Aventurine, Luocha, and Gallagher who do their jobs fine
-Firefly, I have too many destruction people, but fire outside of Himeko would be nice
-Jade, see Topaz

Other characters I'm interested in for reruns:
-Huohuo for Argenti energy
-Kafka for a DoT team
-the rumoured fox guy for Acheron

q6hFu4S.png

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
It would be hilarious if they treat Boothill like Vegeta - shows up all cocky, beats some minor enemies, then gets absolutely clapped by the main villain.

I mean they're already sending his banner out to die, might as well lean into it.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Tides of War was pretty fun. Good variety of challenges and also shows off the characters you haven't pulled yet, creating FOMO.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I went ahead and watched the PV and while it did show the final boss for the next patch, I also have no idea who/what it is, so I can't really treat it as a spoiler. It all looks very nice though, and it's nice to hear Robin's singing again (even if I won't be pulling for her personally).

All in on savings for Firefly (and whenever Jiaoqui arrives).

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't sound like the stream showed anything too exciting as far as new features and anniversary stuff goes, so I guess I'll just skip it and avoid any story spoilers

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny, with E6 Acheron I can basically 9-turn in MoC with one team and still be able to finish the 10-turn clear with Acheron alone.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
After getting absolute powerhouses in Ruan Mei and Sparkle it seems weird to get another Harmony character in Robin so soon...
She's first, right?
Somehow I thought we'd get Sam in 2.2 and Boothill in 2.3.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
The more of boothill i see the more tempted i am
the audaciously silly design, how extra his animations are, the comical one shot of bosses, he does look like a lot of fun to use

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Will probably skip her as well and cross the 200 ticket threshold by the time Boothill arrives.
Finally, someone pulling for Boothill!

I joke, but it'll be really interesting how his sales fall. I can't imagine him doing too well considering he's sandwiched between Robin and Firefly, but it could surprise me.

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
Finally, someone pulling for Boothill!

I joke, but it'll be really interesting how his sales fall. I can't imagine him doing too well considering he's sandwiched between Robin and Firefly, but it could surprise me.
I mean what else am I going to do? Skip three banners in a row?
Although, Topaz is getting a rerun? Who is she paired up with? I'll definitely get her E1. Depending on how that goes I might skip Boothill as well for Firefly...
unless Boothill slaps. I know Hunt gets shafted these days, but I dig his design.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know which cavern to use for the 3x relics, but it feels like a waste to not take advantage of it.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
If Boothill didn't release so soon after such a fuckin' wallet onslaught I'd probably go for his E1/2S1. But I REALLY need to catch up with building shit before I throw more money at the screen.

Dude looks AWESOME.

Don't know which cavern to use for the 3x relics, but it feels like a waste to not take advantage of it.

FUA / DOT seems like the best one for me personally, since you can't end up with a shitty set.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Boothill lowkey looks really fun gameplay wise, but he is coming out in the middle of the FUA deluge and adjacent to Firefly. Sorry Boothill. You and your shark teeth are cool, but not cool enough.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean what else am I going to do? Skip three banners in a row?
Although, Topaz is getting a rerun? Who is she paired up with? I'll definitely get her E1. Depending on how that goes I might skip Boothill as well for Firefly...
unless Boothill slaps. I know Hunt gets shafted these days, but I dig his design.
Yeah, about that. She's paired with Robin, so it looks like you'll have an interesting patch.

May you win all of the 50/50!

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
Very happy that I correctly predicted that Xueyi is on Topaz's banner - should be able to E6 her and Hanya.

Can always look at your characters in Fribbel's and target the pieces that are the lowest rated - that's generally how I approach this.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
I'm happy with the roster I've built so far, but from here on I'd like to build team synergies. The problem is when it comes to the current/upcoming premium comps like DoT, FUA, and Break Effect teams, it feels like I'm already too far behind and/or the timing is bad.

DoT - I don't have Kafka, Black Swan, Ruan Mei, or Huohuo. This seems like such a fun team, but there's no way I'm saving for all those reruns.
FUA - I have Ratio, Aventurine, and Clara, but don't have (and won't pull) Topaz or Robin, and Jade is a big maybe.
BE - I don't have Ruan Mei and won't pull Boothill or Firefly. I bet this comp will be very meta in the coming months, but the timing is impossible for me since I just blew all my jades on the 2.1 banners.

Basically, a future FUA team seems possible for me (especially as more IPC units release), but I just have to concede that the DoT and BE teams ain't happening for me.

The wisest path I can think of is to save up for 2.4 and wait for premium teammates for Acheron, and see what the next powerhouse team comp will be.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Easy. Not interested in Robin.
We only need two teams and I have Ruan Mei and Sparkle. No need for any other Harmony character...
Oh, I meant that you needed to win two 50/50 in a row with no buffer (Topaz and then Boothill). But it sounds like you've been saving for a while so you should be good on that end.

But yeah, similar to you I'm good on Harmony for a while. Bronya, Hanabi and Ruan Mei. Unless they really offer something new or unique, I doubt I'll pull for anyone else. Helps the saving a bit.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
...there must be a glitch in the matrix because I just got these 3 relics from my first two tries at the double. I am praying to yanqing, especially with the ring. if you don't hear back assume I spontaneously combusted

lTArRgU.jpeg

8MFMDDm.jpeg

NBpRlpQ.jpeg

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, I meant that you needed to win two 50/50 in a row with no buffer (Topaz and then Boothill). But it sounds like you've been saving for a while so you should be good on that end.

But yeah, similar to you I'm good on Harmony for a while. Bronya, Hanabi and Ruan Mei. Unless they really offer something new or unique, I doubt I'll pull for anyone else. Helps the saving a bit.
With my luck my stash will be gone in no time...

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I think I'll go with Boothill and Jade
Already have a very good Ruan Mei and Sparkle so I'm good.

Firefly/Sam would really, really need to be amazing for me to try.

But I do hope I can get more resources I only have 30 pulls lol

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
finally...i might be free from this hell

QjKMl3G.jpeg

DiewBFY.jpeg

Third was a dud but whatever. This event is already redeemed.

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
So Robin isn't just FUA buffs? I got the vague impression of that from this thread earlier
I already have Sparkle and Ruan Mei, is she preferable to them anywhere?
Robin works in any team, but she is only better than Sparkle and Ruan Mei in FUA teams.
Robin E0 gives the following buffs to the entire team:
50% damage (skill)
200 atk + 22.8% of Robin's atk as atk (ult)
20% crit damage (ult)
25% crit damage for FUA (ult)
action advance (ult)
every time an ally attacks, Robin does additional damage at 100% crit rate and 150% crit damage to 1 enemy hit by the ally (ult)

Her ult puts her in an ult state where she gives most of her buffs and is CC immune, but she cannot act. The ult state lasts until a counter that advances at 90 spd. You want her to be in the ult state as much as possible. She has a 160 energy ult (highest in the game), but she gains 2 energy every time an ally attacks. Because a full FUA team launches many more attacks than other types of teams, she works best in FUA teams.

With non-FUA team types you can build Robin with super spd so she spends as little time out of ult state as possible, but the result is going to be worse than Ruan Mei.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Stelle certainly has a big fan base. I think the team does a good job of making the split fairly even in the marketing, but I do think Stelle gets a little more love within the community.

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
2.2 trailer was pretty meh in comparison to everything else within this arc doubt that will be the same for the actual update story while confusing has been quite good,

for plot reasons robin is such a strange character to market around
girl is supposedly dead and i faintly remember talking to her once

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Despite some of the stuff people have raised in here, I think it felt like a trailer put together with the intention of not showing too much.

There's still stuff from the 2.0 trailer we've not seen in-game yet. I expected a really loud trailer that drummed up the hype and pretty much showed all the pivotal scenes.

It didn't really offer too much.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe I'm going crazy but the FUA onslaught is working on me- but not in the way hoyo probably planned lol.

Considering dropping the team entirely. Right now I've only got ratio and aventurine towards it and one of those is free/one is a god in pretty much any team + my only other team- acheron- would be delighted to have him. Pulling Robin means I'll need to pull another FUA support and likely a more synergistic sustain for acheron eventually OR at least an upgrade to Guinafen. Pulling Topaz means the same thing and from the chatter here might even mean I should really be pulling her E1 or S1 to keep her competitive with modern units plus shes even more niche in account value than Robin.

If I instead toss aventurine over to the Acheron team, it's pretty much set even with guinafen. I could then just ignore Ratio and pickup Boothill instead, who will work with the free hmc and my gallagher who is one of the highest eidolon units on my account as a new player thanks to the acheron banner and is already a character I'm building. Then the only pull post boothill actually "needed" would be Ruan Mei, which is less than either of the FUA scenarios and doesn't present all the options crammed into the next few months like FUA has been doing.

As a side effect, I'll also end up getting valuable Pela eidolons for my e1 Pela for the acheron team since shes on the boothill banner AND I wont have to deal with the Robin song.

Still going to wait on guides/beta testing for firefly and jade but I think the rapidfire fua unit deployment has actually successfully put me off the idea of building fua vs something much more achievable without immediate spending lol.

Jan 19, 2022
5lv1CmF.png

Finally got my newest sustain, since I haven't been giving them as much attention. Still missing the most expensive stat traces, so his defense will be a little higher.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
My biggest curiosity is around how they write Firefly -

1. Firefly and Sam have vastly different personas
  2. She's a Stellaron Hunter but appears to be working with the crew
  3. She talks about escaping the constraints of the script - is she trying to break free of fate?
  4. If the 2.0 trailer remains true, she's got to fight Acheron yet (previous battle doesn't match)