• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
I'm happy with the roster I've built so far, but from here on I'd like to build team synergies. The problem is when it comes to the current/upcoming premium comps like DoT, FUA, and Break Effect teams, it feels like I'm already too far behind and/or the timing is bad.

I'm pretty well invested in FUA and Break, but I want to build a DOT team, which means I need to save up for Kafka.

Of course, we have no idea when characters will be rerunning, and without knowing who else is coming between now and then, it's hard to plan for that.

For example, it seems possible that summon teams could become a thing with the introduction of Feixiao if her skill or talent gives Jing Yuan additional stacks.

Really wish the FUA team cadence had been more like the DOT team cadence, though, with multiple patches between characters instead of dumping them all in three back-to-back patches.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
My biggest curiosity is around how they write Firefly -

1. Firefly and Sam have vastly different personas
  2. She's a Stellaron Hunter but appears to be working with the crew
  3. She talks about escaping the constraints of the script - is she trying to break free of fate?
  4. If the 2.0 trailer remains true, she's got to fight Acheron yet (previous battle doesn't match)

My guesses:

Firefly is probably a representation of who Sam is/was/could be if it weren't for the genetic engineering done to the Glamoth soldiers. Sam mentions they can't dream but in the dreamscape everything is a dream.

Might just be a made up persona purely to lure Trailblazer along the path needed by "the script". It might be both too.

Stellaron Hunters have worked with the crew indirectly before. They're not enemies, they're just doing what Elio's plan requires(as I understand it)

As for Sam complaining about the script, it just sounded like frustration to me, they couldn't do what they wanted due to Elio's orders(as simple as they were). Sam is just a killing machine, this isn't the sort of thing they do or are good at(by their own admission)

I'm still wondering what Sam meant "Elio is right. In this land of the dreams, you and I will reap unforgettable gains"

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Boothill does look cool but the 4* on his banner and Firefly/Sam being after him makes it a skip. I'm still gonna try for that Xueyi final Eidolon on the first half since I'm only at 1 pity but dunno the banner I'll be pulling on. I was thinking Topaz since I did want her at some point but Harmony characters have been nice if I see an early 50/50 win somehow.

I dunno why you rolled in a piece with 2 non-speed flat stats.

I know I would usually not roll on pieces like that but with starting at 4* substats I was kinda hoping it would all go to CR% when I +14 it with every relic exp I had in one go since some people do get that lucky.

If it did it would mean my Acheron could just use a CD% chest with decent CR% on it instead of her current CR% Main stat one since she gains an easy 30% from E1+ Izumo she would still be at like 70%+ CR. I also have Fu Xuan for another 12% CR buff if I need even more.

Bonestorm

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'm going crazy but the FUA onslaught is working on me- but not in the way hoyo probably planned lol.

Considering dropping the team entirely. Right now I've only got ratio and aventurine towards it and one of those is free/one is a god in pretty much any team + my only other team- acheron- would be delighted to have him. Pulling Robin means I'll need to pull another FUA support and likely a more synergistic sustain for acheron eventually OR at least an upgrade to Guinafen. Pulling Topaz means the same thing and from the chatter here might even mean I should really be pulling her E1 or S1 to keep her competitive with modern units plus shes even more niche in account value than Robin.

If I instead toss aventurine over to the Acheron team, it's pretty much set even with guinafen. I could then just ignore Ratio and pickup Boothill instead, who will work with the free hmc and my gallagher who is one of the highest eidolon units on my account as a new player thanks to the acheron banner and is already a character I'm building. Then the only pull post boothill actually "needed" would be Ruan Mei, which is less than either of the FUA scenarios and doesn't present all the options crammed into the next few months like FUA has been doing.

As a side effect, I'll also end up getting valuable Pela eidolons for my e1 Pela for the acheron team since shes on the boothill banner AND I wont have to deal with the Robin song.

Still going to wait on guides/beta testing for firefly and jade but I think the rapidfire fua unit deployment has actually successfully put me off the idea of building fua vs something much more achievable without immediate spending lol.
This is exactly my account to a tee and I'm leaning the exact same.

Already having a Topaz would be different but as of now it feels like Boothill is the right choice. I have no other good physical units and I'm lacking good single target damage also.

Oct 25, 2017
I won't be tempted by the next banners.... and honestly I'm new and I shouldn't be getting a ton of characters when I don't even have the resources for them, so I'm going to keep saving for Firefly.

I also want Ruan Mei and Kafka but I assume/hope they aren't re-running anytime soon.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
*Randomly crafts Ice set boots*

Os38i4H.jpg

I already hate effect res but if it rolls at least twice into CR% my Jingliu will be close to a full ice set that uses ATK% boots.

Ok Only 1 Effect res roll but I still dont like it on my DPS
xZtycVA.jpg

I'll keep it for now just because double crit. I'll just hope for a CD% chest can get to 8~12% CR%.

Hoping for something good from 3x tomorrow. I'll probably still do Pioneer

Oct 27, 2017
Night just went from bad to worse, already was feeling shitty due to some bad news and I just made a mistake and wasted 20 pulls on jingliu's lc banner instead of the character😭

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
Really wish the FUA team cadence had been more like the DOT team cadence, though, with multiple patches between characters instead of dumping them all in three back-to-back patches.
I think this is more because:
1. FUA dps are only good in 1 of 2 endgame modes, while DoT dps are good in both.
2. People mistakenly think Topaz is good in PF FuA teams.
3. Topaz is mediocre in single target teams at E0S0.
4. A lot more people pulled for Kafka the first time than Topaz.

In terms of release schedule, though?

DoT best team:
Kafka: 1.2
Huohuo: 1.5 (+3)
Ruan Mei: 1.6 (+1)
Black Swan: 2.0 (+1)

FuA single target best team:
Topaz: 1.4
Dr. Ratio: 1.6 (+2, but he is free)
Aventurine: 2.1 (+2)
Robin: 2.2 (+1)

FuA AoE best team:
Herta: 1.0 (4-star and free up to E5)
Himeko: 1.0
Aventurine: 2.1 (+7)
Robin: 2.2 (+1)
Jade: 2.3 (+1)

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, Aventurine + Robin really isnt that much. But combine that with people going for E1 or S1 Topaz, going for Topaz at all, and saving for Firefly and its a mess.

FUA is literaly my favourite gimmick but I will have to wait another 5 to 6 months for Topaz unless I whale.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
scroll down and you will see the options

hsr13.hakush.in

Pela - Hakush.in

An intelligence officer for the Silvermane Guards. She has a serious personality and is revered by other members of the Silvermane Guards.
this makes much more sense, my usual site was telling me to use a wind set and I was so confused

I know some use the full wind set on her but I moved to 2 hacker space+ pieces that help go 161+speed and Broken Keel. You don't have to go 161+ speed.
DkxuRDG.png
I think I might go Hackerspace and glacial forest

billyofcourse

Jun 21, 2018
Think I need to start farming the diver set. It just feels so bad to farm because everyone that needs it wants the exact same stats.

Farming hackerspace always feels nice because it's 2 piece is so universal that almost any combo of non flat stats works for someone and the set with it is a great 2 piece option for hp based healers or supports who need more survivability.

Diver set is just "well everyone needs crit, crit damage, and atk%. Good luck cause we might give you one of those on each piece you get"

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017
this makes much more sense, my usual site was telling me to use a wind set and I was so confused
The reason you see the wind set recommended for supports is that it's hands down the best set if all you care about is having them take as many turns as possible. The only other set that helps do this is Hackerspace, where the 2-piece is giving you ~6 speed (the bonus applies to base speed), and the 4-piece gives you ~12 speed for one turn if you have an ally-targeted ult and you always ult right after your turn.

Wind gives you what amounts to a 33% total speed buff for the turn you ult as long as you don't ult right before your turn. If you have 150 speed after relics and buffs, this is like getting 50 speed for that turn. If you have a 3-turn ult it's on average like having an extra flat 14 speed. If you have a 2-turn ult it's like having an extra flat 22 speed. This is way faster than Hackerspace for the support themselves even with the 4-piece bonus, and Pela can't even trigger that.

The downside is that the ice set is only sometimes optimal on Jingliu and no one else, and it's a 4-piece where probably someday we'll get another 2-piece 6% speed set and that combo will at least get up to ~12 speed.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
In terms of release schedule, though?

DoT best team:
Kafka: 1.2
Huohuo: 1.5 (+3)
Ruan Mei: 1.6 (+1)
Black Swan: 2.0 (+1)

While Huohuo and Ruan Mei are currently the best options for DOT teams, I don't really consider them DOT team characters - both are excellent on almost any team, and just happen to fit DOT teams a bit better.

Aventurine and Robin are both much more explicitly for FUA teams because being on those teams helps them do their jobs better. And they put little things in their kits to make it clear that they're for those kinds of teams, like FUAs giving Aventurine stacks, Robin getting energy and specifically boosting FUA Crit DMG.

For example, an explicit DOT sustain to me would look like one that heals when their DOT procs, like that one Nihility blessing, so Kafka or another DOT character could also trigger healing when they detonate the DOTs.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
For what it's worth, I've seen a lot of claims that Robin performs more or less identically to RM in DoT teams. I assume Huohuo needs to be included in that though for her ATK and energy buffs.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
The more of boothill i see the more tempted i am
the audaciously silly design, how extra his animations are, the comical one shot of bosses, he does look like a lot of fun to use
Look at his 4* character banner would make you calm down real fast.
Pela and Luka literally just rerun on 2.1 and got put right again here. They definitely save the good one for Firefly or Jade.

Last edited:

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
Pela and Luka literally just rerun on 2.1 and got put right again here. They definitely savethe good one for Firefly or Jade.

The 4-stars on his banner are definitely pretty bad, but what are even good 4-stars for him?

Hanya, Gallagher, Tingyun?

The 4-stars on the Robin/Topaz banner are pretty solid, though, for sure.

Anumariku

Jan 8, 2020
I really do wonder how Robin vs Ruan Mei will be for DoT teams. I had to skip RM on her first run to make sure I was safe to be able to get Sparkle and Blackswan. I'm fine with waiting for RM rerun so I'm not in any rush, but just wonder if Robin would end up being better. They seem close but Ruan Mei's +10 speed would be perfect for my Swan + Kafka too, so I'm a little conflicted.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
Going great!

tBQQ5Pw.png

Anyway, the 2.2 didn't make me as hype as 2.1's but I'm liking the Penacony story too far not to be excited. I like the idea of FUA and would rather wait on Jade, but I just don't really like Topaz enough to roll for her (not really someone who rolls just for meta when the game has so many options). I fully expect more options to come in the future too.

I might still toss a few rolls at Robin just to see.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
The 4-stars on his banner are definitely pretty bad, but what are even good 4-stars for him?

Hanya, Gallagher, Tingyun?

The 4-stars on the Robin/Topaz banner are pretty solid, though, for sure.
Gallagher,Hanya and Luka would be pretty nice. Even Xueyi would be better pair with Boothill due to his weakness break mechanic.(and Fu Xuan rerun)
Hanya is nearly useless for Robin or any Fua unit, idk why she pairs up with Topaz/Robin at all.

1st Tingyun, Asta, March
2nd Hanya,Xueyi ,Luka would be fantastic

I guess they save Asta and Gallagher for Firefly. Qingque for Jade. (Copium)

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
Gallagher,Hanya and Luka would be pretty nice. Even Xueyi would be better pair with Boothill due to his weakness break mechanic.(and Fu Xuan rerun)
Hanya is nearly useless for Robin or any Fua unit, idk why she pairs up with Topaz/Robin at all.

1st Tingyun, Asta, March
2nd Hanya,Xueyi ,Luka would be fantastic

I guess they save Asta and Gallagher for Firefly. Qingque for Jade. (Copium)

I'm really hoping Gallagher is on Firefly's banner.

Asta also makes a ton of sense for her, too. But I don't think they'd put two Fire 4-stars on there.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
I'll just hope for Yukong to be on Firefly banner to E6 her even if I probably won't use her.

Yeah, honestly, I'm at the point where I don't particularly care about 4-stars. And having them E6'd already is a bonus because it means that I get my pull refunded.

I want to E6 Xueyi because I think she'll be good for Pure Fiction, and Gallagher because he's hot and actually looks to have some genuine value in MoC, but that's really it.

billyofcourse

Jun 21, 2018
I'm hoping we get tingyun and asta on banners soon. Would be nice to get more eidolons for them since I actually use one and plan to use the other in my firefly team.

Oct 25, 2017
Want to use the event for triple relics to prefarm for Firefly or Jade, but dunno what their BiS relics are.

I think Jade will probably use FuA so that's a safe bet and can also use it to try to optimize my Kafka/BS

Firefly I got no clue

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, honestly, I'm at the point where I don't particularly care about 4-stars. And having them E6'd already is a bonus because it means that I get my pull refunded.

I want to E6 Xueyi because I think she'll be good for Pure Fiction, and Gallagher because he's hot and actually looks to have some genuine value in MoC, but that's really it.

Yeah, the rate of new 5* character releases that eventually, anything that a non-E6 4* unit can do, either does, or will in the future. likely get pushed out as your account grows, via a 5* unit that does something similar.

Right now the main 'bastion' of 4* with universal appeal is kinda just Pela and AoE def shred, but that may be getting pushed out if rumors/leaks are to be believed.

After that, the only unique 4* utility (that I can think of off-hand, at least) is Tingyun's ult-battery status....well, there's also Guinafen as the sole fire dot nihility unit, and Asta/Yukong having their respective element boosts, I suppose.

(I'm obviously vastly simplifying, but it really does seem that pulling for new 5* is vastly taking precedence over 4* units)

Firefly I got no clue

Firefly will likely want the new set in 2.2 that seems to combine def shred with break effect.

As for now, you could try farming some Dead Pioneer/Watchmaker set to get 2-piece watchmaker with good crit stats....but she'll likely want the 4-piece for the def shred, same as quantum with its def ignore.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Want to use the event for triple relics to prefarm for Firefly or Jade, but dunno what their BiS relics are.

I think Jade will probably use FuA so that's a safe bet and can also use it to try to optimize my Kafka/BS

Firefly I got no clue

We can't be sure with Jade since the follow up set 4-piece bonus requires a multi-hit follow up attack to get the maximum attack buff. I doubt it'll be better on her than the quantum set but it might require some mathing out

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe I'm going crazy but the FUA onslaught is working on me- but not in the way hoyo probably planned lol.

Considering dropping the team entirely. Right now I've only got ratio and aventurine towards it and one of those is free/one is a god in pretty much any team + my only other team- acheron- would be delighted to have him. Pulling Robin means I'll need to pull another FUA support and likely a more synergistic sustain for acheron eventually OR at least an upgrade to Guinafen. Pulling Topaz means the same thing and from the chatter here might even mean I should really be pulling her E1 or S1 to keep her competitive with modern units plus shes even more niche in account value than Robin.

If I instead toss aventurine over to the Acheron team, it's pretty much set even with guinafen. I could then just ignore Ratio and pickup Boothill instead, who will work with the free hmc and my gallagher who is one of the highest eidolon units on my account as a new player thanks to the acheron banner and is already a character I'm building. Then the only pull post boothill actually "needed" would be Ruan Mei, which is less than either of the FUA scenarios and doesn't present all the options crammed into the next few months like FUA has been doing.

As a side effect, I'll also end up getting valuable Pela eidolons for my e1 Pela for the acheron team since shes on the boothill banner AND I wont have to deal with the Robin song.

Still going to wait on guides/beta testing for firefly and jade but I think the rapidfire fua unit deployment has actually successfully put me off the idea of building fua vs something much more achievable without immediate spending lol.

Lmao, you can join me in rejecting FUA.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the rate of new 5* character releases that eventually, anything that a non-E6 4* unit can do, either does, or will in the future. likely get pushed out as your account grows, via a 5* unit that does something similar.

Right now the main 'bastion' of 4* with universal appeal is kinda just Pela and AoE def shred, but that may be getting pushed out if rumors/leaks are to be believed.

After that, the only unique 4* utility (that I can think of off-hand, at least) is Tingyun's ult-battery status....well, there's also Guinafen as the sole fire dot nihility unit, and Asta/Yukong having their respective element boosts, I suppose.

(I'm obviously vastly simplifying, but it really does seem that pulling for new 5* is vastly taking precedence over 4* units)

Firefly will likely want the new set in 2.2 that seems to combine def shred with break effect.

As for now, you could try farming some Dead Pioneer/Watchmaker set to get 2-piece watchmaker with good crit stats....but she'll likely want the 4-piece for the def shred, same as quantum with its def ignore.

I got these boots a while ago thinking they'd be good for HTB before knowing what their kit was

IMG-2695.jpg

But these could work for firefly

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Himeko/Herta are my FuA crew!!!! I don't really want to invest into it for now. My Ratio has an okay team when I use him and Clara works fine.

I'll still accept an early Topaz when trying to get E6 Xueyi with a few pulls

Oct 25, 2017
Would Hackerspace be a good set for DPS characters? At least the 2 piece?

I am getting a lot of double crit with attack pieces while trying to farm speed gear for my Bronya

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Tbh I'm anticipating Jade mostly sitting in PF and running Sigonia but I'm hoping the beta shows she can do well in the other modes as well.

HaywireTomato

Dec 10, 2017

Firefly I got no clue
We know that Firefly has some sort of HP consumption mechanic like Blade, so the HP set can be used alongside the free crit from the 4pc effect. That domain is safe to farm even if you don't end up using stuff for her in the end. It's the same situation with Ratio where people just used Wastelander set on him until the Dreamdiver set dropped.

Oct 25, 2017
We know that Firefly has some sort of HP consumption mechanic like Blade, so the HP set can be used alongside the free crit from the 4pc effect. That domain is safe to farm even if you don't end up using stuff for her in the end. It's the same situation with Ratio where people just used Wastelander set on him until the Dreamdiver set dropped.

Might as well stick to farming that one then during the event.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Pela and Luka literally just rerun on 2.1 and got put right again here. They definitely save the good one for Firefly or Jade.

a mediocre 4 star line up didnt stop people rolling for aventurine
at this point a good 4 star line up is a nice bonus to have but i doubt it really affects how well a banner does