SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
SPOILER FOR 2.2 Aventurine's fate:
Bro got saved by Argenti in true dreamscape offscreen .
In honor of his helping, all Midgenti doomposts should halt for half a week

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
Can we stop posting story leaks, especially 2 days before the story goes live?

I am aware it is not against the rules, and there is a spoiler tag. It is still annoying, especially if the spoiler tag does not label what the spoiler is, and other labels get lost in the quotation chains.

Oct 25, 2017
So what stats would firefly be looking for?

I know break effect for sure, but would she also need the crit stats, ATK and HP? She sounds like a really hard character to build

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
So what stats would firefly be looking for?

I know break effect for sure, but would she also need the crit stats, ATK and HP? She sounds like a really hard character to build
Spd until she has 181 spd during ult so she can act 3 times during ult. I believe her ult gives ~50 spd at L10, so depending on what spd buffs she has from team mates, probably 122 - 131 spd shown in the stat screen outside battle.

BE until 250% for the first break point for def ignore. She gets BE from atk above 2,400, so atk is good as well.

Beyond that, the next BE break point is 360. Be careful with this one, because it is pretty harsh on substats to get there. If you cannot get to 360, it is best to build crit instead.

Oct 25, 2017
Spd until she has 181 spd during ult so she can act 3 times during ult. I believe her ult gives ~50 spd at L10, so depending on what spd buffs she has from team mates, probably 122 - 131 spd shown in the stat screen outside battle.

BE until 250% for the first break point for def ignore. She gets BE from atk above 2,400, so atk is good as well.

Beyond that, the next BE break point is 360. Be careful with this one, because it is pretty harsh on substats to get there. If you cannot get to 360, it is best to build crit instead.

Ruan Mei seems pretty essential as a team mate because of her 10% speed increase to team mates and the fact she would give 36% break effect if she is at 180 which I do have

There is also something else, but will wait for 2.2 to be out before talking about it

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
Sometimes I'll be running around doing quests or killing mobs or something, and I just have to stop and contemplate how the devs greenlit Acheron's outfit design. I still can't get over how insanely heinous and out of character it is.

I hate it.

I think you can almost make an argument for Jade's outfit being a blazer dress (even if the backless part just makes it look silly now), but Acheron's just looks desperate to ensure a character that doesn't pander in the usual ways still feels palatable, like Topaz.

Apr 24, 2024
I have my RM at 150 speed and using the Watchmaker set because I wound up with a lot of good pieces. I think her BE is around 235% or so.

I am at 67 or 68 pity now so if I don't get Aventurine before the patch switch, I am unsure if I want to go for Robin. I have Sparkle and Bronya so I don't know if I need another support. I also think I will get FX on the second half of the patch. Isn't Topaz part of this patch? I need her LC I guess.

J-Shy

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Early beta leaks nice! Firefly's kit sounds interesting, definitely one of the more unique DPS kits thus far. Very curious to see how it turns out and what ends up being her best builds and teammates. I'm hoping to have enough Jade to grab her E1 or S1. But if Ruan Mei ends up being ridiculously good with her, I may have to go with E0 Firefly and save the remaining Jade for the Mei rerun.

Jade's kit sounds interesting. I'm down for a Topaz style kit with more focus on AoE over ST. Though I hope she can do great numbers outside of PF. Very curious to see how her kit turns out throughout the beta.

Finally gave the new PF a go and:
5QykMI6.png
Phew this PF was tough. My first attempt got 58k and I knew I could get to 60, but was worried how many attempts it would take. Thankfully my second try just barely got over 60k, couldn't believe how close it was. For it I moved Tingyun in over Black Swan, and if that didn't work I was going to try replacing Ratio with Serval. Definitely feel like I struggle with PF more than MoC overall. Jade is tempting in that regard......

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017
Firefly has some interesting speed interactions. A huge breakpoint for Firefly is going to be being able to generate 120 energy during her enhanced state, since then she only needs one unenhanced skill to ult again. If you only need one unenhanced skill to get back to 240 energy, 179 Spd lets you maintain your ult constantly and is much faster overall than 180 Spd (although getting 3 turns during one ult is going to make it easier to generate that energy than with 2).

And then there are a ton of options like bringing in Bronya/Sparkle/Robin to manipulate her turns, let her generate more energy per ult, and minimize downtime. Given how much easier her E2 would seem to make this in addition to the extra turns themselves being very strong, it seems kind of ridiculous. I could see that getting nerfed.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
that animation really is putting me over the edge for pulling for Jade

firefly was a given so dont think ill even give robin the random "30 and hope for the best" pulls

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
I think for my sanity, I'm just going to focus on main stats for relics. I will never have an optimized char build, but at this point, it's the only way I can continue to enjoy this game. Substats are just going to be a nice bonus if I get them.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Want to see Jade's animation, her ult icon is snake biting a shoe.

Since her own damage is barely noticeable, my S5 BP LC is ready!.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
I think for my sanity, I'm just going to focus on main stats for relics. I will never have an optimized char build, but at this point, it's the only way I can continue to enjoy this game. Substats are just going to be a nice bonus if I get them.
thats the right way to look at it. Just get the main stat you want than over time see if you get some pieces with the substats you want

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Whatever animation people are talking about aside, Jade is going to be an AoE follow-up attacker, right? I generally don't look at leaks but I am trying to make a follow-up team that I like. I built Ratio and Topaz but it just isn't really clicking for me. So I checked out some of what Jade is going to have and the idea of building stacks seems fun. But I'm not smart enough to imagine what the best teams for her will be. I saw people saying Herta and Himiko unironically? Or is that a joke? I have Himiko I was just told to not bother building her. lol

My real question is will Adventurine be needed? I was gonna pass on him because I really don't need preservation, my E1 Fu Xuan was always my go to. But if I choose to build a Jade team later will I be out of luck if I don't grab Adventurine now? Got one day left on his banner.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Whatever animation people are talking about aside, Jade is going to be an AoE follow-up attacker, right? I generally don't look at leaks but I am trying to make a follow-up team that I like. I built Ratio and Topaz but it just isn't really clicking for me. So I checked out some of what Jade is going to have and the idea of building stacks seems fun. But I'm not smart enough to imagine what the best teams for her will be. I saw people saying Herta and Himiko unironically? Or is that a joke? I have Himiko I was just told to not bother building her. lol

My real question is will Adventurine be needed? I was gonna pass on him because I really don't need preservation, my E1 Fu Xuan was always my go to. But if I choose to build a Jade team later will I be out of luck if I don't grab Adventurine now? Got one day left on his banner.

Himeko/Herta are both extremly good in pure fiction, two of the best in the game at the moment, herta probably the best overall. Jade looks to have a similar kit to what makes them good in it as well (she can attack multiple times outside her regular turn) so safe to say she will be pretty good in it too.

Dosent look like aventurine will be needed/dosent particularly synergise with her other than a small fua buff.

Triggs

May 3, 2019

Aventurine will perform well in a Jade team but is not needed for Jade to do well. Based on my current understanding the way Jade works is that she buffs another character on the team, and each time that character attacks an enemy she charges up. This works well with follow ups because they generally attack a lot, and it works well with AoE because each enemy hit provides a separate stack, which makes Herta and Himeko natural partners.

The buff is more valuable on your actual dps than someone like Aventurine, so I don't think he'll really be creating stacks for her. But she'll synergize well with him so he's still probably the best sustain with her but not needed if you have other sustain options.

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021

Jade is basically AoE follow up attack enabler the same way Topaz is single target follow up enabler. People are talking about Jade synergizing with Herta, Himeko, and Jing Yuan, but there's also the option of Blade who will love her speed boost and HP reduction mechanic, assuming the synergy works (we have no reason to believe it doesn't, considering how he works with Jingliu).

Man, the Firefly + Jade patch is going to be expensive for me. I'm debating pulling for Robin or skipping her entirely in an attempt to get E2S1 Firefly and E0S1 Jade. I already have all the major FuA characters and have started on a DoT team with Black Swan and E6 Sampo, so I'm waiting for a Kafka rerun for the DoT team. The idea of starting a break effect team since I already have E1S1 Ruan Mei is really tempting. Robin doesn't seem particularly necessary.

I do have 20k jade saved up for Robin already, but if I skip her and Boothill I'll probably have about 40k worth of pulls by the time Firefly is out.

Ashes of Dreams

May 22, 2020
Appreciate the responses. Yeah I have no issues with MoC but Pure Fiction is a bit of a struggle. I built Topaz and Ratio and realized they aren't really the team for it either. I do have Jing Yuan and Himeko but they aren't too built. So I grab Adventurine, it'd be like... Adventurine, Jing Yuan, Himeko, and... what? Ruan Mei? It's always Ruan Mei lmao. And then Jade would replace one of them when she's out?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Aventurine will perform well in a Jade team but is not needed for Jade to do well. Based on my current understanding the way Jade works is that she buffs another character on the team, and each time that character attacks an enemy she charges up. This works well with follow ups because they generally attack a lot, and it works well with AoE because each enemy hit provides a separate stack, which makes Herta and Himeko natural partners.

The buff is more valuable on your actual dps than someone like Aventurine, so I don't think he'll really be creating stacks for her. But she'll synergize well with him so he's still probably the best sustain with her but not needed if you have other sustain options.

Her buff is primarily speed so it technically could even work giving HIM the buff, so he gets more turns which resets his counter between other FuA, and when he drops the chips he'd give her a lot of stacks. Doubt it's better than a normal AoE attacker but it sounds pretty funny atleast.

Main weird thing with Jade/Aven is her HP draining the target while he is only shielding, but he is so insanely strong that having someone at 1hp with a giant shield isn't as crippling as it would normally seem.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Now that 2.2 story leaks are happening, if we're going to post them here could we please be careful about stuff like this?

"I just finished the new story content and I was surprised
Pompom died
. I was not expecting that!"

or:

"Damn, that was a twist! I didn't think that Herta would send her clone of puppets to attack the Astral Express and betray the whole team!"

It's not technically hiding the spoilers in this way. Not saying anyone here will do this of course, just making sure. Spoilers would be best hiding behind the tag and not inline as you can sometimes hover over and catch glimpse of something you don't want to read while scrolling.

Something like this:

"I just finished the newest story patch, and

I really enjoyed it overall, but especially appreciated the Acheron, Kafka and Black Swan onsen scene. I'm surprised MHY went that far. One thing I didn't care for however, was the introduction of Paimon. I thought we'd be free from her here but I guess not.

2.3 should be great, as the epilogue seems to imply that Constance is in-pursuit of the express. Banner incoming!"

Would be greatly appreciated!

Ashes of Dreams

May 22, 2020
Is there ANY situation or team where E0 Adventurine would be better than a E1 Fu Xuan? The Crit Rate and Crit Damage buffs are so good.

Catchphrase

Nov 28, 2023
Now that 2.2 story leaks are happening, if we're going to post them here could we please be careful about stuff like this?

"I just finished the new story content and I was surprised
Pompom died
. I was not expecting that!"
lol my eyes immediately jumped to the first spoiler you wrote and I'm like "DAMMIT!"
but then I read the whole post, and yes I agree

Triggs

May 3, 2019
Is there ANY situation or team where E0 Adventurine would be better than a E1 Fu Xuan? The Crit Rate and Crit Damage buffs are so good.
From a sustain perspective he's better at handling heavy AoEs, although in my experience Fu Xuan only really starts to struggle in that department deep in swarm disaster or gold and gears, I've never had any issues with her survivability in MoC.

From a team efficiency standpoint, he can contribute a lot of toughness bar damage on imaginary weak enemies and will help Robin build ult faster if you plan to pull for her.

But honestly if you're already happy with your overall sustain situation then no he's probably not going to make a huge difference.

Ashes of Dreams

May 22, 2020
From a sustain perspective he's better at handling heavy AoEs, although in my experience Fu Xuan only really starts to struggle in that department deep in swarm disaster or gold and gears, I've never had any issues with her survivability in MoC.

From a team efficiency standpoint, he can contribute a lot of toughness bar damage on imaginary weak enemies and will help Robin build ult faster if you plan to pull for her.

But honestly if you're already happy with your overall sustain situation then no he's probably not going to make a huge difference.
Yeah I just use Fu Xuan or Huohuo depending. But I like Adventurine as a character and I want to do a FUA team. I am just worried that I'm gonna skip Adventurine and regreat it. I wouldn't be able to get his LC either. (Though I also don't have Fu Xuan's, which does hurt me sometimes when the party can't be healed)

Apr 24, 2024
I spent this past weekend trying to fine tune my Seele. I never got a good planar set for her but I had a good Sigonia set that was Quantum damage, and the passive seems to work for her style since she powers up anyway with the more enemies she KOs. She's got a 58% CR and 148% CD. Problem is her attack is just under 2500 and I know it needs to be around 3000. I'd have to redo all of her relics and hope I get the right substats and then hope the bonus rolls go to those same substats

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Weird I thought I played every day but this is the first time I didn't complete the pass. I procrastinated on the mixing drinks event until the end and thought that would put me over the top but I was still just short. Oh well, not a huge deal.