Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I guess it depends on the time zone but to me it should be up after maintenance tomorrow at like 11 PM EST or a little earlier.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Vylash

Datamined Profile pictures for 2.3. Time to open your wallet! If they're BP-related, they might be free.

2-3-new-profile-pictures-via-firefly-lover-v0-h3lpk0vdlvyc1.webp

Edit:

Wait, the JP VA who voices Jade is the same one who voices Boa Hancock in One Piece? It...all makes sense.

e71b3c0e556f37c7e4d9f7fc32a8045796a0eca1-hq.gif

Ugh, want her so bad but she's sandwiched in-between Firefly and (presumably) Acheron's best support. :(

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What I have for Firefly
vib4eTE.jpg

And 2.2 is even more saving for me.

These should be free, pretty sure I saw 2.3 BP was Firefly and SAM
Think so yeah, but no confirmation yet. Ready the wallet just in-case.

This isn't a spoiler as it's already been officially revealed, but for the next patch I'll be buying the more expensive patch for the first time. I need ponytail Acheron.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Think so yeah, but no confirmation yet. Ready the wallet just in-case.

This isn't a spoiler as it's already been officially revealed, but for the next patch I'll be buying the more expensive patch for the first time. I need ponytail Acheron.
I caved in to the Kafka/Blade one and will cave to this Acheron/Boothill one. I forgot what are the other extras we get from that.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I caved in to the Kafka/Blade one and will cave to this Acheron/Boothill one. I forgot what are the other extras we get from that.
I'm in it just for the Acheron profile picture, anything else is extra, haha.

Normally I feel a little...hesitant in making multiple purchases in my gacha games (outside of monthly login passes which are an instant buy for anything I'm interested in), but for Star Rail I don't feel any guilt at all. The development team have been an amazing job, so myself spending a few additional dollars here and there to show my appreciation is an easy decision.

Pony. Tail. Acheron. How could I not?

Vylash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vylash

Datamined Profile pictures for 2.3. Time to open your wallet! If they're BP-related, they might be free.

2-3-new-profile-pictures-via-firefly-lover-v0-h3lpk0vdlvyc1.webp

Edit:

Wait, the JP VA who voices Jade is the same one who voices Boa Hancock in One Piece? It...all makes sense.

e71b3c0e556f37c7e4d9f7fc32a8045796a0eca1-hq.gif

Ugh, want her so bad but she's sandwiched in-between Firefly and (presumably) Acheron's best support. :(
4iP5xj6.png

I'm ready

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I'll be running around doing quests or killing mobs or something, and I just have to stop and contemplate how the devs greenlit Acheron's outfit design. I still can't get over how insanely heinous and out of character it is.

The kimono design you see a glimpse of after the Aventurine fight is soooo much cooler.

EIYBA3q.png

billyofcourse

Jun 21, 2018
I am very excited for new patch and pulling. Gonna build the robin/ratio/topaz/aventurine team. My gear is not optimal for any of them but also not trash. Hoping they can struggle bus through content. Looks like my dude gallagher gonna have to be back on the acheron team. Had no issues with him on that team before, but aventurine was just insane with the acheron team so he's been there.

hoping I have enough pulls in the end to pull a second of topaz's lightcone. My ratio does not have a good lightcone cause I just started building him and I have zero investment in hunt path characters before this and apparently hers is one of the better options after his personal one. I'll pick up his own whenever he reruns and topaz will get an upgrade to S2 XD

hoping I have enough pulls in the end to pull a second of topaz's lightcone. My ratio does not have a good lightcone cause I just started building him and I have zero investment in hunt path characters before this and apparently hers is one of the better options after his personal one. I'll pick up his own whenever he reruns and topaz will get an upgrade to S2 XD
Don't spend like this, just give Crushing to Ratio, S2ing in this game is too extra.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
I've been itching to pull and while the new banners aren't calling to me the reruns are very solid. I at least want Fu Xuan finally so I have 2 teams that cannot die.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Sometimes I'll be running around doing quests or killing mobs or something, and I just have to stop and contemplate how the devs greenlit Acheron's outfit design. I still can't get over how insanely heinous and out of character it is.
I personally like Acherons silly ass outfit. Theres no particular reason why she should be dressed that way with purple flames on her coat and everything else, but it does look good.

The design looks better in the actual game because of the transition to her white/black/red ult state. Its a nice contrast.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
When you preload the update does the game take a lot more space? I had to free a ton of space and now the game is like 37 gigs on my iphone which is like 1/3 of my storage...

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
I did a quest that was orange text and did not expect to form the ghostbusters into a super long quest chain lol

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
The orange quests are kind of like side trailblaze missions. The orange quests themselves tend to be similar in length to companion missions, but they often open up another quest that was originally a limited time event.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So the new endgame mode is, as most of us predicted, exactly like that boss rush challenge event from a while back. Kill the boss within the AV countdown. Faster you kill them, the more points you get.

Although there is a new QOL which I can appreciate. Once you cleared both sides, you can individually pick to re-challenge either side 1 or 2 with the same teams. Good for those situation where you messed up one side.

Last edited:

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Given that its supposed to be the Boothill/hunt mode, how easy is it going to be to get his trickshot stacks going? If it's straight into boss rush, I don't really recall how many bosses offer the easy kill fodder for building them up first.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Given that its supposed to be the Boothill/hunt mode, how easy is it going to be to get his trickshot stacks going? If it's straight into boss rush, I don't really recall how many bosses offer the easy kill fodder for building them up first.

It's not exactly a "hunt" mode, that's mainly because most bosses are ST with some summoned adds. In Boothill's case, they might give the boss multiple break bars, that's the one way I see him getting 3 stacks (does this trigger his stacks? I can't remember). If we're relying on solely killing boss adds, the ramp up time would be very inconsistent (and again, not all bosses have adds).

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
So... who is pulling for Boothill? I'm still farming for mostly Firefly and other misc materials (gotta hit lvl 70 trailblaze soon!)

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I did one last ten-pull to see if Aventurine would grace me with his E1, but no luck. Ah well, guess I'll see how Robin treats me tomorrow.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
I was considering it as the second team for apoc/potential team for moc when it makes sense as the boothill team seems pretty f2p friendly/4 star heavy, but some of the downplaying he's been getting relative to firefly makes me feel weird about the situation and as a new player I may just go all in on the two teams I'm trying to form right now first. Acheron can probably do all three modes? Maybe? And hopefully I can customize the fua team to swap around a few units to function in each too.

But if word is more positive by the time he hits and I haven't blown all my jades AND jade doesn't demand future savings, I may still pull him. I think he has legitimately the most personality filled animations in the game.

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
Just downloaded the pre install, mihoyo really out here trying to push every app that's not genshin and hsr out of the phone like a cuckoo chick

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
SAM KIT

For her E2, I assume Robin killsteals during ult will deny her the trigger? Not sure how often that will come up but might be an anti synergy

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Just downloaded the pre install, mihoyo really out here trying to push every app that's not genshin and hsr out of the phone like a cuckoo chick
That's why I bought the 512 GB model for my S23 lol. Won't have to worry about phone space for the next few years (hopefully). Also helps that I'm not interested in ZZZ.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I had some suspicion that her enhanced state would not be 20 energy per basic and 30 energy per skill. But not being able to gain energy at all during ult would change her likely best rotations. For a break focused characters, she has a weird number of synergies with Robin.

Yes, that's the second thing I noticed right after. No energy on the enhanced basic and skill is very glaring. Having to 2-skill between every ult is quite a big problem. It's like you said, Robin might end up being the best solution to this problem.

And now I fully regret rolling Sporkle instead of the Songtress, lol.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
SAM KIT

For her E2, I assume Robin killsteals during ult will deny her the trigger? Not sure how often that will come up but might be an anti synergy
Do have any characters that have "on kill" mechanics right now? Since Robin comes out tomorrow maybe thats something to test out. It would still trigger on break too.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
I think they're are some killsteal conflicts in game currently but can't recall the exact examples. Came up with some set or other support discussion I saw the other day. Not sure how Robin's effect will or won't cause issues there but I think there's a chance it screws up things similarly?

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
Do have any characters that have "on kill" mechanics right now? Since Robin comes out tomorrow maybe thats something to test out. It would still trigger on break too.
I think they're are some killsteal conflicts in game currently but can't recall the exact examples. Came up with some set or other support discussion I saw the other day. Not sure how Robin's effect will or won't cause issues there but I think there's a chance it screws up things similarly?
Theres been an issue with Ruan meis break effect thing stealing seele's kill i think? and then she doesnt get resurgence

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think I've ever disconnected more from the general reaction to one of Hoyo's characters than Firefly lol

I guess if it really becomes an issue they could change it to be an enemy defeated on her turn (and retroactively buff seele too).

Has hoyo done a functional change thats effectively a buff after a character has been sold? Outside the Zhongli outcry and response specifically.