Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've ever disconnected more from the general reaction to one of Hoyo's characters than Firefly lol
I'm conflicted as I love SAM's design, loved it ever since we got that one Stelleron Hunter animated trailer, but don't give a single shit about Firefly as a character. Hopefully 2.2 changes my mind about her.

Hoyo clearly knows what they're doing since I'm an outlier. HSR community as a whole won't shut the fuck up about her, and I know if SAM was a dude or a sentient robot/AI, or at the very least not a "tragic waifu", the hype would be nowhere near as high as it is right now. She's going to make bank.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Lmao, the first AS is all about weakness breaking, as expected. This ain't the hunt mode, it's the break mode. Get to building those Gallaghers and Xueyis if you're not rolling FF or Boothill.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Ult animation creep is real, feels like every patch has a new favorite one for me

Gonna be hard to wait till June

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Unless Jade beats him, I think Boothill's animations are probably the best in the game. Harmony MC gets surprisingly close though.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Firefly doesn't want/need Robin to be at her best. I just don't have it in me to pull for another two limited so soon after Acheron. Firefly was already a difficult ask. I have Ruan Mei, Fu Xuan (though she's tied to Acheron) and Huohuo. The latter might be nice to help with Firefly's energy regen? I dunno, need to wait for videos and everything to see.

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
Meanwhile I'm wondering if Firefly works well enough without Ruan Mei for me to consider pulling for her.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Firefly doesn't want/need Robin to be at her best. I just don't have it in me to pull for another two limited so soon after Acheron. Firefly was already a difficult ask. I have Ruan Mei, Fu Xuan (though she's tied to Acheron) and Huohuo. The latter might be nice to help with Firefly's energy regen? I dunno, need to wait for videos and everything to see.
Isn't Firefly all about break effect? Seems more like she'll need Ruan Mei to be at her best, not Robin.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
IMO SU expansions notwithstanding (those are better as drawn out content) AS might be the most interesting new endgame addition they've done. Looking at the info with the phase mechanics and stuff, it gives the feeling of an endgame boss raid.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Also the new abyss mode, AS.
Boss received reduced damage if their weakness is unbroken. Basically elite dinosaur on crack imao.

You would either need to pull Boothill or Firefly for it.
Silverwolf could be useful but she is no way as efficient as break carry who could automatically input weakness themselves.

Ruan Mei stay winning.
Fadekle and Trashbin in shambles.

Aventurine would be pretty good on AS as basically all boss have heavy aoe attack and they basically perform 2 actions each move.

I am very regret that I trashed/DISCHANT all my break effect rope on Arena set IMAO.

Last edited:

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
wow Hoyo knows the 2.2 banners are doomed, not even bothering with a Robin trailer 😔

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I figured it would have to be today because I don't think they've released one after the patch has gone live right? Weird

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
someone has got to find whoever it is at hoyo that keeps sticking rat tails on everyone

hecantkeepgettingawaywithit.gif

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Firefly all about break effect? Seems more like she'll need Ruan Mei to be at her best, not Robin.
Below is my worry.

She gets a whole free loop with Robin's ult.
Might not be needed though, I'll wait and see how she performs in Robin-less teams first. We should get a ton of analysis and everything with CBT starting.

…where the Robin trailer
For real. Less than 24 hours now and no PV. :(

Edit: Oh, no JP version yet though.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
RIP to all my fellow 50/50 losers on Ruan Mei's banner. Far and away the most valuable unit in the game, getting even more valuable as they add more break effect content. I wasn't that bummed at the time because I got Bronya instead, but in hindsight that was a disastrous 50/50 loss

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
How important is Robin going to be for Firefly's kit? And will Robin need her LC? I need to work out how I'm going to do this.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
That's the best part about her honestly, as long as they don't go the "oh no she's actually misunderstood and only kills really bad people" route.

During the reveal at the end of the most recent patch she compares herself to heartless killers which deserve no mercy, so I think she'll be fine there.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Also the new abyss mode would be a massive nerf towards Robin's ult:
in previous mode, if you clear out first wave within Robin's first ult, her timer would reset on wave 2.
New abyss does not have wave counter that means her ult timer could not be reset/delayed. Reduced her ult coverage from 2/3 to 1/2 or 1/3 I believe.

Also Robin and Sparkle's buff heavily countered/diluted by boss reduced damage before weakness break mechanic, Bronya's 100% action advancement with spd tuned could guaranteed to add double actions to ally.

Hopefully Sunday would become a Ruan Mei 2.0 basically limited edition of harmony mc

Last edited:

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Okay cool because I already have Ruan Mei and her LC. So feel like I might be able to skip Robin. How does Firefly E1 benefit from Robin?

Probably since her enhanced doesn't consume SP you can use the 100% advance after your first ult action for an extra turn without too much worry on your SP economy.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Firefly and Jade's animations....omg

credit-card.gif

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, to be fair, there's no dialogue in the trailer, and the song's only in English. One of the few times all versions of the trailer will basically be the same.
Yeah, didn't notice that before I posted it, haha. They did release the JP version later, but yeah no difference between any of them.

Interesting PV.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
jade sounding better and better each day.

#Jades4Jade.

that new end game sounds pretty much like it was described before

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually a bit disappointed on Firefly's animations, easier skip now. Jade's are great though.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what I was expecting from the Jade animations, with the amount of hype y'all were giving it.

Y'all just down bad, huh?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I might skip Firefly for Jade. I'm primarily a "waifu" player so the fact that Firefly will be in her mech suit most of the time would bother me. Plus Jade and those animations...

*sweats*

But yeah, it'll depend on how Firefly shakes out when I see team videos for her. I wanted to E2 her for that instant advance, but if it's only going to be worth it if you have Robin then that kills that for me.

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020

How important is Robin going to be for Firefly's kit? And will Robin need her LC? I need to work out how I'm going to do this.
You don't need Robin for Firefly. I'm just surprised at the level of synergy between the 2, because
Firefly is designed for a break team, while Robin works best in a FUA team.

Synergies
  1. Their ult cycles both use a 90 spd countdown, so if both start at the same time, then they both end at the same time, with Firefly getting the full buffs for the entire cycle.
  2. Firefly gets her ult back with 2 skills. Robin gets her ult back (depending on team setup) with 1 basic and 2 skills, but her ult ending advances her immediately. So if Firefly and Robin's ults end at the same time, they get their ults back at the same time as well.
  3. Robin gives Firefly 1000+ atk, which is like to more BE to Firefly than Ruan Mei because of FF's atk -> BE conversion trace. But more importantly, it greatly reduces FF's substat requirements (in a BE build) or allows her to build crit (in a crit/BE build).
The big downside is how intense this team is on sp, which you can alleviate with something like Luocha and Pela.
I expect Ruan Mei to be Firefly's best premium support, but Robin works with FF surprisingly well.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
OMG Jade's animation!!!!
:jonnycat:

Reposted a comment from Reddit:
"god bless the dinosaur that died to make the fossil fuel that was treated to become gasoline in the car that took her mom to the hospital to give birth to her 🙏"
:jonnycat:

Last edited: