Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I might skip Firefly for Jade. I'm primarily a "waifu" player so the fact that Firefly will be in her mech suit most of the time would bother me. Plus Jade and those animations...

*sweats*

But yeah, it'll depend on how Firefly shakes out when I see team videos for her. I wanted to E2 her for that instant advance, but if it's only going to be worth it if you have Robin then that kills that for me.
Kafka would want you to get Firefly!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You don't need Robin for Firefly. I'm just surprised at the level of synergy between the 2, because
Firefly is designed for a break team, while Robin works best in a FUA team.

Synergies
  1. Their ult cycles both use a 90 spd countdown, so if both start at the same time, then they both end at the same time, with Firefly getting the full buffs for the entire cycle.
  2. Firefly gets her ult back with 2 skills. Robin gets her ult back (depending on team setup) with 1 basic and 2 skills, but her ult ending advances her immediately. So if Firefly and Robin's ults end at the same time, they get their ults back at the same time as well.
  3. Robin gives Firefly 1000+ atk, which is like to more BE to Firefly than Ruan Mei because of FF's atk -> BE conversion trace. But more importantly, it greatly reduces FF's substat requirements (in a BE build) or allows her to build crit (in a crit/BE build).
The big downside is how intense this team is on sp, which you can alleviate with something like Luocha and Pela.
I expect Ruan Mei to be Firefly's best premium support, but Robin works with FF surprisingly well.
Yeah, I'm definitely going to wait and see how her team videos look. It's way to early for me to make any decision right now. Hell, 2.2 hasn't even started yet, lol.

Glad to hear that she's not a "required" piece, though.

Kafka would want you to get Firefly!
I think Kafka would endorse Mommy Supremacy with Jade, though.

But yeah, Stellaron Hunters do stick together...

Jun 17, 2023
Y'all just down bad, huh?
Exhibit A: Chrono

I'm actually a bit disappointed on Firefly's animations, easier skip now. Jade's are great though.
Me too, I was whelmed. I was honestly expecting more. Where's the transformation?!

"god bless the dinosaur that died to make the fossil fuel that was treated to become gasoline in the car that took her mom to the hospital to give birth to her 🙏"
I don't know how people come up with these, but this is gold.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Pretty annoying that the new endgame mode mostly sounds like a RM check when I both do not like her and feel like I'm already suffering enough from not having her.

Also don't get why people think the only appeal of Jade is the horniness and not the cool cane whip or giant purple snake. Jade's animations are sick and I am not into women lol

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Firefly's technique is really disappointing. Hearing that she actually does transform into SAM for it was exciting but to see she just flys off screen and you move around a reticle is lame.

Very happy with her battle animations though. Thank god they had the restraint to have her be SAM the whole time and not pander to people just wanting another cute anime girl. The mecha suit in ultimate form looks cuter anyway.

Raizzan

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Well, I think Mihoyo is in the bdsm phase or calling out fans who are outright downbad.
image.png

Naha-

Feb 6, 2019
Well, I'm one that is happy that SAM is 100% on during firefly's animations. Yeah she's cute but I want the Mech 24/7.

Jade's follow up attacks are wild. I don't care about horniness, she's cool just for her bloodborne ass cane lol

Anyway, I'm getting both. I'm just asking to win one 50/50 for the next 3 banners I'm rolling to be able to get either Firefly's LC or Jades.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
They clearly put some extra effort into these but SAMs boss ult is better than any of her actual player animations.

Also kind of hate the swords. Can't help but think raiders of the lost ark gif when I see a mech like that pulling them out. If she can't shoot, at least let just do the fists and flames everywhere instead.

I like the snake.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
If you get invited to CTB, remember to doompost feedback Jade so she could get some buff.
ezgif-5-22d6d32421.gif

Last edited:

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Count me in among those disappointed in Sam's animations. Not nearly as cool as Sam the boss.

My jades are safe until 2.4

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
little whelmed by sams animations. They are cool but there was chatter they were expected to acheron levels insane but no where near that level.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
As an overall package Firefly looks pretty darn amazing imo. Acheron has the better ult, but Firefly everything else.
I mean, we currently have Arlecchino, Thelema and now Jade. Kinda blatant at this point. Though Thelema isn't really a tall woman, I think.
Thelema isnt tall but shes the most blantantly BDSM of them.

Last edited:

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
I like Jade's ult - the snake aspects made it a little more interesting to me. It's kinda hard to have to follow up after Firefly's animations, but I'm a little underwhelmed.

Firefly's kit is calling to me more, but I like rolling for characters I enjoy more than for meta though and Firefly is, well, okay. I don't dislike her or anything, but I feel that what we actually get out of an otherwise pretty interesting character concept that could really have gone places in terms of narrative is mere pandering so it's disappointing. Penacony's cast is strong and I think that she and Sparkle are the two characters who pale the most next to pretty much everyone else. It could be worse though.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
As on overall package Firefly looks pretty darn amazing imo. Acheron has the better ult, but Firefly everything else.
This may be blasphemy but I've kinda turned on Acheron's ult. It looked like the sickest shit at first but it goes on for so long and being able to change her target during it feels pointless. Maybe I'm missing something but hitting the enemy it selects automatically always feels like the right move.

In comparison, I think Firefly will age a lot better because her animations are snappy as fuck.

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017
I think Firefly looks pretty cool. An in-battle transformation would have been better but I'm also happy with Sam all the time, and the ult looks great with the translucent wings. I'm inclined to get her, maybe her cone, and then Ruan Mei on a rerun who I already regret not having.

Firefly not generating energy during her ult means you either need to find 120 energy somewhere, get a lot of action advance, or suck it up and take 2 turns charging. With E1 there are probably some very complicated but strong speed tuned setups with Bronya. Maybe you do a basic attack during Firefly's ult and then meet up right at the end to advance her first charge. Asta could ult off-sync with Firefly to accelerate her slow turns.

But her natural team, as people have said, looks like an upcoming support character and Ruan Mei with a sustain. Running the numbers I actually think that Firefly can probably get away without a BE rope and still hit 360%. The buffs from support characters could plausibly give +100% and she can get ~213 from her kit, cone, and relic set bonuses. That would let you take an Atk rope and ease some of the substat pressure, or keep the rope and ignore BE substats to just build crit.

Last edited:

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
The last four rewards in all endgame modes will give 80 jades instead of 60 starting in 2.3, for a total of 800 if you get all stars.

Is Ruan Mei due a rerun soonish do we know?

In terms of release order, next up is Huohuo, Argenti, and RM. But we're also getting to the point where Seele etc. is due for a 2nd rerun and we don't know when they plan to introduce a third banner or if they're gonna keep messing with order a lot like they did by holding Luocha's rerun for so long.

HaywireTomato

Dec 10, 2017
So is Jade just we have Bayonetta at home?

The biggest crime is that Firefly's flying kick skill is just ST while the boss form is a Blast attack.

Oct 28, 2017
I love Jade, complete sucker for snake characters. I am going to see if I can get her on my one f2p account that has Blade, since I also have Herta, Himeko, and Clara in decent shape there. It is also my only account that has resources to pull after the great Acheron spend, so... if I lose the 50/50 I think that's okay though, I'm still pecking away at getting characters to 80 on that account.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I was never gonna expect stuff like the boss version after Kafka. Boss Yanqing also got cool stuff mine will never have. I still like the animations so now I just wait for late June.

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
NGL Firefly is the first character I'm considering going for eidolons. Both E1 and E2 look crazy good.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I think the Sam boss is what spoiled the actual Firefly animations for a lot of people. After that boss fight, and all of the leakers saying that Firefly's animations and such were "expensive", "luxurious", etc., I had my expectations set sky high. And...they weren't met. At all. They aren't bad in any way, it's just not what I expected.

Meanwhile Jade, a character I only had a passing interest in ('cause ~ara ara~), ended up being a lot more surprising and appealing to me. I don't know, maybe I just need a bit of time for things to settle, but as it is Firefly kind of looks a bit boring to me (animation-wise). One thing that really bothers me is that when you use her technique and turns into Sam on the overworld, you don't even see her flying around (only see a targeting reticle). :(

Anumariku

Jan 8, 2020
If you get invited to CTB, remember to doompost feedback Jade so she could get some buff.
ezgif-5-22d6d32421.gif

Two changes I would like to see,

1.) It would be nice if her action advance trace is simply just 100% at the beginning of the battle, so you don't have to worry about weird speed breakpoints on the debt collector target, since they won't have the speed buff for a little bit of AV. Just makes the speed tuning a bit wonky.

2.) Effect res traces becoming crit rate instead. No idea why effect res is a trace for her. Even if it isn't crit, at least make it hp or def for something useful for her lol.

OniBaka

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
You will need to be super fast to go before jades 50% advance, other than enemies she should be going first. As for the other point they probably did that since her LC and e2 gives crit which honestly is bs.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit whelmed by both of their animations.
Sam is cool, but Boss Sam is way cooler. Still gonna get her.
Jade is cool too, but that's it. I'm not having the "holy SHIT :O" reaction I did for say, Black Swan or Acheron animations.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I think the Sam boss is what spoiled the actual Firefly animations for a lot of people. After that boss fight, and all of the leakers saying that Firefly's animations and such were "expensive", "luxurious", etc., I had my expectations set sky high. And...they weren't met. At all. They aren't bad in any way, it's just not what I expected.

Meanwhile Jade, a character I only had a passing interest in ('cause ~ara ara~), ended up being a lot more surprising and appealing to me. I don't know, maybe I just need a bit of time for things to settle, but as it is Firefly kind of looks a bit boring to me (animation-wise). One thing that really bothers me is that when you use her technique and turns into Sam on the overworld, you don't even see her flying around (only see a targeting reticle). :(

I do think my expectations were too high as well, oh well. They look great but certainly not mind-blowing like the first time you seen Acheron's lol. The problems of the leaking game.

Then again, I'm coping, but after the initial few weeks you grow numb to all the animations anyway lol. My plans are unchanged tho. Plus I am just not interested in Jade or FUA at all.

Last edited:

Anumariku

Jan 8, 2020
You will need to be super fast to go before jades 50% advance, other than enemies she should be going first. As for the other point they probably did that since her LC and e2 gives crit which honestly is bs.

I don't even mean to make sure she goes first, just the AV/speed breakpoints on her designated target then gets wonky. For example in MoC -- 134 breakpoint for 2 actions on the initial cycle, you can't just assume you need 104 spd + jades 30 speed buff = 134 since there will be that little bit of initial AV where the debt collector doesn't have that extra speed.

So you would then need to build more speed to hit whatever the real breakpoint is, but then that additional speed you built becomes redundant once the next wave starts. Anddd on top of all that, if you're trying to speed tune around bronya or sparkle, makes it even more annoying lol.

I doubt they'll change her trace to 100%, but it certainly makes it a bit strange to build around otherwise imo.