blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
On the 2.1 boss, and it always annoys me when bosses force me to build up characters I usually don't use because of the gimmick, as none of my main DPSs are AOE.

HaywireTomato

Dec 10, 2017
Otherwise....I'm not sure I see HTB being 'cracked'?

I'm admittedly not running any full break builds on any other units to take advantage of super-break-damage, but with all major traces active and TB having 200% break, the 'super break' from other units during the story boss fight, with my HTB having ~200% break effect, is hitting for like 10-30k.

Maybe that's just due to the boss having 4 adds (so the 'minimal' bonus), as well as only having the ultimate at level 7, but....I feel like I'm missing something?

I 'was' running with Kafka/Guinafen/Luocha (none of whom have super-big-toughness-depletion abilities), so maybe Xueyi/Seele/other hunt characters with bigger 'single-hit' toughness depletion abilities will have more damage throughput?

That being said, HTB does have good 'personal' break for bosses/elites, and I'm sure the last couple of eidolons will help, but I'm not seeing ridiculous 50k+ consistent numbers like was shown in the 'demo', at least with current units - will need more testing, I guess.

Regardless, could definitely see them + Ruan Mei being dual-support for Firefly or Boothill.
I was using HTB/Luka/RM/Gallagher against the triple elites in the previous fight and the damage was amazing there, against the boss the damage was certainly lower. I switched Luka for Kafka against the boss and the Super Break damage was nice, she ulted for 300k with 125k of it coming from Super Break alone which was quite a surprise.

Moving forward HTB/Ruan Mei/Gallagher seem to be BiS units for Super Break teams for now, because each of them has something that increases Super Break damage along with being able to do a nice chunk of damage themselves

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I will always pick dialogue options that tease/annoy march, if this game had affection charts or something she'd hateeee me haha

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I'm admittedly not running any full break builds on any other units to take advantage of super-break-damage, but with all major traces active and TB having 200% break, the 'super break' from other units during the story boss fight, with my HTB having ~200% break effect, is hitting for like 10-30k.
I mean yeah, if you're not using units they're designed to support it's not gonna be great lol. Do the combat trial for them.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I mean yeah, if you're not using units they're designed to support it's not gonna be great lol. Do the combat trial for them.

Right, and that's fine - but in the context of the 'bar' being Ruan Mei or Robin or Sparkle, Harmony MC not being 'as' universal/OP as some folks are saying was why I was asking.

I'll try out Xueyi in the new weekly boss with MC along with Ruan Mei and/or Gallagher, I'm sure I'll see better numbers, certainly - which would/could eventually replace Xueyi with Firefly or Boothill.

Last edited:

trailmix16

Oct 26, 2017
with jade and boothill coming out soon, i dont know if it makes sense to fish for xueyi eidolons and build her. i like her design, but at E2 (maybe E3 when she is on a character selector), I dont see myself getting her to E6 without getting too close to rolling Robin (im on a guarantee). kind of a bummer

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
with jade and boothill coming out soon, i dont know if it makes sense to fish for xueyi eidolons and build her. i like her design, but at E2 (maybe E3 when she is on a character selector), I dont see myself getting her to E6 without getting too close to rolling Robin (im on a guarantee). kind of a bummer

it's never a good idea to fish for a 4 star on a banner you aren't interested in lol

trailmix16

Oct 26, 2017
Story actually made me like boothill less :(

Feels like a pretty questionable hodgepodge of stereotypes by someone vaguely familiar with the pop culture identity of what they were cribbing from but without any actual understanding of the genre/its themes and conflicts.

Also just have him drop "fucks!" or don't hint at it at all. Fudge every other sentence is pretty oof.

Still might pull for him though. Just need to be sold him on him being worth expending warps over an already owned Xueyi.
i feel the same way. i still like his gameplay but his character is lame imo

Oct 25, 2017
HTB and Ruan Mei would probably go off in a Firefly team

But there is a question if you run both. Since both boost team mates Break Effect, how does them boosting each other work? Since they give a percentage of their break effect to team mates

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a few hours in and there's been a LOT of talking but I'm really enjoying this Sunday philosophy class sequence

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
is there a cap on the break effect %?

The buffs to break effect (and efficiency) should both stack. She has a cap on her attack scaling at 360% but that shouldn't matter for the super break and break damage, which gets better the more break effect she has.

Anyway to answer the original question the percentage of buff given should only take into account their own BE% before team buffs.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Acheron might have become my favorite character in HSR, which I wasn't expecting. In 2.0 I thought she was a cool character but not much more, in 2.1 it got me closer, especially during her conversation with Aventurine at the end, but I think 2.2 really brought it all together for me. Previously I just thought the scenes with the old guy were neat flavor things for her but those final few flashbacks really worked with it tying back into the Penacony story. I doubt this is the last we see of her but I would be sad if it is.

I think I'll post more thoughts on the patch once I've slept on it but I am extremely satisfied.

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
About HTB spoilers

Where is the dang E6?

Overall I'm extremely satisfied with the ending, even at the end with all the data dump, that someone soon will summarize better I hope (playing this after work is rough)

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
As a Megaten enjoyer, so far I really like Harmony continuing to be the Law route. 2.2 is interesting so far, Boothill's my current favorite of the featured characters with Robin and Sunday.

I was pretty meh on Gallagher initially, but the more we see of him, the more I like. I hope this means we can see other factions like the Mourning Actors or the Omen Vanguards in the future. Since the SU storylines often allude to future plotlines, I'm even more excited for future updates especially if Finality is involved.

2.4 lightcone leaks are pointing to Jiaoqiu and Screwllum it seems. Is this the first time we've had two male characters in an entire patch?

Oct 25, 2017
is there a cap on the break effect %?

Someone said that a breakpoint for BE for Firefly was like 350%

Ruan Mei's A2 gives 20% Break Effect
HTB at E4 will give 15% of their break effect, but is that including the 20% given by Ruan Mei?
In addition if you are running Watchmaker with HTB that is 15-30% from the ult and 30% from the relics.

image.png

This is mine currently, will probably swap out the Keeles for Penacony's. But if everything with the calcs make sense.

20% (from Ruan Mei) + 30% (15% of HTB (putting it at 200) )+ 30% (from HTB ult lvl10) + 30% (from the relics)

Thats 110% Break Effect bonus just having Ruan Mei and HTB in the party

Last edited:

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
2.4 lightcone leaks are pointing to Jiaoqiu and Screwllum it seems. Is this the first time we've had two male characters in an entire patch?
Still a possibility the FUA LC is for Feixiao instead of Screwllum, if she has a summon like JY does. Hope so because if they've held Screwllum for over a year until like the worst possible time for me they can fuck off lol

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017
You know, there's not actually much room to make a Pela+, who does what Pela does but better. And so I'm thinking Jiaoqiu is very likely to be able to solo sustain. That cone just does more defense reduction, which makes me think the reduction built into his kit isn't huge.

Nobody actually wants much more than 50% defense reduction. Most people prefer buffers. Acheron teams will have another debuffer, Firefly and Black Swan have access to a bunch of defense reduction, and even Boothill will be able to get to 34% with new relics and e1. Pela already inflicts debuffs at a very high rate, with the right cone. She has a 3-turn ult (or faster), is fully SP positive, and builds tons of speed. You can blatantly power creep Pela (and they've been reluctant to do this) and you're still not giving people much reason to actually spend jade.

One option would be to expand debuffs to more than just defense reduction. Give significant amounts of vulnerability or res pen, maybe. You're still power creeping not just Pela but Silver Wolf too. But the kit we have is defense reduction, and I'm not sure you really can power creep Pela with more of that, for the teams that actually want it over a Harmony.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
Still a possibility the FUA LC is for Feixiao instead of Screwllum, if she has a summon like JY does. Hope so because if they've held Screwllum for over a year until like the worst possible time for me they can fuck off lol

I think leaks are saying Feixiao is Hunt, isn't she? It makes more sense for her to be playable than Screwllum though, I agree.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
HTB and Ruan Mei would probably go off in a Firefly team

But there is a question if you run both. Since both boost team mates Break Effect, how does them boosting each other work? Since they give a percentage of their break effect to team mates

They stack very well?

You get both of them, so you're looking at +80% Break Effect if your HTB has 200% BE, and 110% with the Watchmaker Ult bonus.

The only thing that can't stack is the Watchmaker buff, so may be worth building your Ruan Mei with the Thief set instead of the Watchmaker set.

Another synergy according to Guoba is that Ruan Mei's 50% Break Efficiency also increases all Super Break damage by 50%, because one of the multipliers is the number of "Break Units"' of toughness damage in the attack. i.e. Most Ults without Ruan Mei have 3 Break Units, and 4.5 with Ruan Mei.

Really hoping that when a true 5-star limited Super Break character hits that Harmony TB's gear will move over seamlessly.

Last edited:

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea how far I am from the end, but I just gotta say the writers fucking cooked with this chapter

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
wow there is jade/ff gameplay footage already. Jade one isnt the best as its all e6 characters lol, but i guess it shows that combo of her and Blade works as expected.

Oct 26, 2017
I finished 2.2.

God damn.

Based on the upcoming character releases in 2.3 and how 2.2 ended it's clear the "epilogue" patch isn't going to be like the Luofu's that was like a wet fart.

This is probably going to be pretty meaty.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
Holy shit, that was damn good. It was a bit verbose at times but I seriously didn't expect such a satisfying resolution. I'm very looking forward to the epilogue.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Finished 2.2 story. Man that was looong.

I'm pretty impressived with how they've managed to tie and theme all these various threads together in a satisfying way. There are still a bunch of unresolved questions and threads (Sparkle buttons, IPC takeover, Firefly), which I assume will be handled in the epilogue, but so far this was a really strong showing.

I feel like Wildfire is still the single most undistilled hype moment in the game, but this was hype in its own way which actually makes it a more impressive in a way, given how the storyline and themes were incredibly more complex compared to the honestly pretty basic story Belobog told, which maybe makes me appreciate this actually more overall.
And honestly, the boss fight is close. The "church rock" in the first phase was great and then Robin came in and we fought alongside her song while slamming the entire goddamn train into the face of the boss while everyone from the crew got a cheesy line in. It's just cool, man.

I also think having the antagnoistic force be "Order" is brilliant given the foreshadowing from the SU update that told us how Order got absorbed into Harmony.
Also think Sunday was a good "villain". He's a good kid that just got really jaded over time but still wanted the best for everyone, and just went about it in a very wrong way. Curious what happened to him, I got a message from Robin asking me to help look for him when going back to the grand theatre, so there's still something there. And there's still the epilogue at worst. In the same vein, we still need to find out what happened to the Dreammaster unless I missed it.

The twist with Misha was also really cool, only brought down slightly because the EN translation fucked up in 2.0. (My biggest gripe right now is probably the EN QA at the moment, they have consistently messed up something in every 2.x patch which unncessarily lessens the experience).

The fakeout ending was fantastic. When you first defeat the boss and then Jing Yuan and Dan come in with the Xianzhou fleet to quickly wrap up, it felt incredibly unsatisfying, but plausible given this was setup as a potential outcome during the Dan and Boothill scenes. Then "it's over" and wraps up very neatly. It felt ever so slightly off at first, but got more and more "wrong" until the truth is revealed and everyone comes together in Harmony to break the false dream and do the real bossfight and get the real ending. Really good stuff.

Acheron got great moments, Black Swan did, hell even Boothill. Only Sparkle and Aventurine kinda didn't, but as mentioned expected follow-up to that in 2.3.

I also liked Firefly date 2.0 a lot better than the first once, even though it felt awkwardly placed. In retrospect I appreciate it though. Really curious to see what her "3rd death" is gonna be, and what the big gains are that Elio predicted she would get out of this endeavour. I guess she'll get healed in some way or another, which will tie into the upgraded SAM form we saw on the splash art.

Aside from the story I have to say I also really appreciate the way they are evolving the combat. The new mechanics combined with the new enemy mechanics are just really good stuff. I'm genuinely impressed with how this is their first ever turn-based game, cause at this point I think this has one of the best combat systems in the genre.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Asking so I know if I should use my stamina farming Harmony traces or not: Does this quest force you to use TB in the final battle?

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I was pre-farming harmony mats to use on either Robin or HMC, so I'm ready to get MC up to speed. Now all I need is for MotP to come back.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Finished the update before bed. I actually think that surpassed the end of Jarilo-6 for me and was just a lot of fun all around
the fakeout was very well done, although I figured it out pretty fast with how quickly they were moving things along
HTB is a LOT of fun and makes it easier to skip Robin even if I've warmed up to her. Story also kinda sold me on Firefly whenever she is going to show up but I will have to wait and see what my resources are like at the time. I really want to start saving up for Akash since who knows when he will (hopefully) make an appearance.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
How tf does Sunday expect me to follow anything happening in this "play" when he insists on talking at the same time as the mannequins. This shit is annoying as hell.

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Robin + Bronya = team/character forward shenanigans , i wonder what else could be possible also it seems the event LC is more suited for her than her signature one because you want to max attack Robin for the dmg bonus

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
So the story ending.
The hell? This was way way too conceptual a climax compared to the end of the previous worlds. The boss' entire scheme is just get us to the end of his rope to... have a fair fight with him? And our motivation is... just do it cuz that's what we do as trailblazers and we take the hard jobs?
Also why are we famous after this? We did nothing. We got bailed out! I have no idea why it has galactic consequences. I'm still not even 100% sure what we did other than protect some dreams. Did Sunday, like, die? Where's Robin? Was the festival just people watching our weird fight? What about the buttons handed out?

What a really really strange ending. I probably have 20 questions of things they didn't make clear. There are some dangling plot points teased that are just ignored. Ugh, rude to tease a bunch of interesting stuff and then not explain it. They're usually good at this!

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
How tf does Sunday expect me to follow anything happening in this "play" when he insists on talking at the same time as the mannequins. This shit is annoying as hell.

The winning strategy is not to listen to the drivel he's spouting. I'm almost at the end of the story, can't wait to shut him the fuck up already

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Got my E5 Harmony TB yesterday and some real sleep today. Didn't say much after beating it but I did enjoy 2.2 story.

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
just tried Robin + Kafka + BS + Huohuo, the DOTs hit harder

and if you finish the battle with Robin still in her ult, the reward screen bgm is replaced by her song lol

had to dip into the Firefly fund to get her, but it's worth it with all the team comps possible

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
Robin + Bronya = team/character forward shenanigans , i wonder what else could be possible also it seems the event LC is more suited for her than her signature one because you want to max attack Robin for the dmg bonus
You are very likely to extend your rotation by a turn if you don't use a ERR LC, like Robin's sig or Bronya's sig. I think a faster rotation is better than the higher atk buff on the event LC.