Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
chrono trying to steer the conversation back to dommy mommy jade while knowing full well it's futile, I respect the commitment and dedication, a true trailblazer

SushiReese

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
For Blade main who want to pull Jade:
E0S1 Jade V.S E1S0 RuanMei in e0s1 Blade's team

Sadly, Ruan Mei would be still better:
1.Jade's ability does not trigger on Blade's fua turn, so many stacks get completely wasted.
2. Jade's own damage multipliers is...bad, like she is only viable in PF. Ruan Mei would be more universally used in all mode including SU.
3.You have to build Jade as a carry, the relics requirement is way higher than building Ruan Mei.

Reviews from CN testers, e1s1 Jade:

Pro:
1. Queen of PF

Cons:
1.Not noticeable upgrade if you slot her in any existing meta team for MOC/PS.
(1)She performs worse than you replace either Ratio or Topaz in Fua team.
(2)Still worse than Tingyun in Jingyuan/Argenti's team.

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
So basically they both lose overall 50% damage on their own. Free Firefly?
It like building Jingliu/Blade without Bronya when they released. At least HMC is free to everyone right away.
She already deals such impressive damage with free HMC and a 4* sustain for now.
That's no way MC would be the one and only superbreak enabler in a gacha game.
No.

Per skill use
With 2+ debuffs from team mates: 150% atk (skill multiplier) + 270% (talent multiplier) * 100% (chance to trigger)] * (100% + 24% damage taken) (sig LC 3 stacks) = 521% multiplier per turn
Without team mates' debuffs: [150% atk (skill multiplier) + 270% (talent multiplier) * 60% (chance to trigger)] * (100% + 8% damage taken) (sig LC 1 stack) = 337% multiplier per turn

337/521 = 65%. So Dr. Ratio only loses 35% of his damage per skill use.

Ult
With 2 debuffs from team mates, 4 cycle ult: [240% (ult damage) + 2 * 270% (talent multiplier)] * 124% (sig LC 3 stacks) / 4 turns = 167% multiplier per turn
Without 2 ebuffs from team mates, 5 cycle ult: [240% (ult damage) + 2 * 270% (talent multiplier)] * 108% (sig LC 3 stacks) / 5 turns = 117% multiplier per turn

117/167 = 70%

Total
With 2+ debuffs from team mates: 521% + 167% = 668% multiplier per turn
Without 2 debuffs from team mates: 337% + 117% = 454% multiplier per turn

454/668 = 66%

Conclusion: Dr. Ratio only loses 1/3 of his damage output from less consistent triggers of his talent and lower stacks on his sig. FF's damage loss is far more severe than Ratio's. And that's ignoring the fact that Dr. Ratio has access to repeated FUAs without specific team mates' mechanics, while Firefly cannot deal break damage to broken enemies at all without HMC.

How about that Jade? She's Stellar.
Bad costume. Boring dominatrix aesthetic style. Minimum story role. I guess she goes nicely with Herta in PF, but that is more the power of kurukuru.

Last edited:

SushiReese

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
No.

Per skill use
With 2+ debuffs from team mates: 150% atk (skill multiplier) + 270% (talent multiplier) * 100% (chance to trigger)] * (100% + 24% damage taken) (sig LC 3 stacks) = 521% multiplier per turn
Without team mates' debuffs: [150% atk (skill multiplier) + 270% (talent multiplier) * 60% (chance to trigger)] * (100% + 8% damage taken) (sig LC 1 stack) = 337% multiplier per turn

337/521 = 65%. So Dr. Ratio only loses 35% of his damage per skill use.

Ult
With 2 debuffs from team mates, 4 cycle ult: [240% (ult damage) + 2 * 270% (talent multiplier)] * 124% (sig LC 3 stacks) / 4 turns = 167% multiplier per turn
Without 2 ebuffs from team mates, 5 cycle ult: [240% (ult damage) + 2 * 270% (talent multiplier)] * 108% (sig LC 3 stacks) / 5 turns = 117% multiplier per turn
2sZkX2m.png

???

Last edited:

SushiReese

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You calc these, then. Show your work, and that this is anywhere near 65% of the damage output like HMC is doing for Firefly.
Based on your own calculations alone, Dr Ratio lost more than Firefly without specific support with that 50% damage boost and 3 turns of CR/CD building-up.
Funny that you omit Dr Ratio's 2 of 3 core extra abilities when if they do not fit in your narrative.

HaywireTomato

Dec 10, 2017
Ruan Mei being stuck to Firefly for her best team comp means your DoT team is going to need Asta if they are used on the other side, and losing the damage bonus from her skill, ult res pen and delay.

With the amount of doom and gloom regarding Firefly, I might just end up skipping her entirely and use my pulls for eidolons on rerun banners lol.

t4aYGYW.gif

On the same team and relic build, E2 Firefly needing to break enemies to deal comparable damage to E2 DHIL when she has higher def ignore and multipliers on her skill is so shit lmao, 242k vs 307k

Based on your own calculations alone, Dr Ratio lost more than Firefly without specific support with that 50% damage boost and 3 turns of CR/CD building-up.
Funny that you omit Dr Ratio's 2 of 3 core extra abilities when if they do not fit in your narrative.
Bro doesn't even play Ratio and is trying to explain his damage numbers lmao

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
Wrong.

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that Dr. Ratio has no crit equipment and has not unlocked any crit minor traces.

With 6 debuffs: 150% + 270% * 100% * (174%) * (20% * 180% + 80% * 100%) = 867%
With 1 debuff: 150% + 270% * 60% * (108%) * (20% * 180% + 80% * 100%) = 350%

350/867 = 41%, still not as much as Firefly is losing by just not having HMC in the same party.

Notice that I keep making assumptions in your argument's favor. For example, the lower the crit, the more valuable Dr. Ratio's crit major trace, so I assumed that he has no crit equipment. Notice that I have also assumed that there are no tradeoffs for Dr. Ratio to get 6 debuffs on the target.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Man swarm disaster feels like ramming my head into a wall it is so slow and repetitive.

All I have left to 100% it is the hunt choices.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't planning on pulling Firefly, but I do like the idea of team where the Trailblazer is useful.

SushiReese

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wrong.

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that Dr. Ratio has no crit equipment and has not unlocked any crit minor traces.

With 6 debuffs: 150% + 270% * 100% * (174%) * (20% * 180% + 80% * 100%) = 867%
With 1 debuff: 150% + 270% * 60% * (108%) * (20% * 180% + 80% * 100%) = 350%

350/867 = 41%, still not as much as Firefly is losing by just not having HMC in the same party.

Notice that I keep making assumptions in your argument's favor. For example, the lower the crit, the more valuable Dr. Ratio's crit major trace, so I assumed that he has no crit equipment. Notice that I have also assumed that there are no tradeoffs for Dr. Ratio to get 6 debuffs on the target.
OK. I believe you.
Let's hope Firefly would get more buff along the way!

Last edited:

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Acheron rerun when? I need her talent for exploration

"Already?" If you've kept up to date with the previous patches, you get E5 basically for free almost immediately upon finishing 2.2's story.

I see... I'm not up to date, I only have E1. I haven't done treasure hunting in Penacony, I don't even know if the birds give a reward

Jan 19, 2022
Remember when people were doomposting Robin?
Firefly is the most anticipated character ... like ever.
Mihoyo likes money. Firefly will be good after beta tweaks.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
For Blade main who want to pull Jade:
E0S1 Jade V.S E1S0 RuanMei in e0s1 Blade's team

Sadly, Ruan Mei would be still better:
1.Jade's ability does not trigger on Blade's fua turn, so many stacks get completely wasted.
2. Jade's own damage multipliers is...bad, like she is only viable in PF. Ruan Mei would be more universally used in all mode including SU.
3.You have to build Jade as a carry, the relics requirement is way higher than building Ruan Mei.

Reviews from CN testers, e1s1 Jade:

Pro:
1. Queen of PF

Cons:
1.Not noticeable upgrade if you slot her in any existing meta team for MOC/PS.
(1)She performs worse than you replace either Ratio or Topaz in Fua team.
(2)Still worse than Tingyun in Jingyuan/Argenti's team.
Jade pros: has style, a cool hat and nice animations. Ruan Meh has none of those, so Jade it is for my Bladie!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I really do feel like Firefly will get a ton of reworks. It might be copium, but I don't think it is. Being a fan favorite can only carry them so far, especially in regions like CN where they're liable to pull for meta over all else. If MHY drops the ball with Firefly (they won't), it'll be money lost for them. I do suspect that they'll listen to the beta comments on this one and act accordingly.

We probably won't learn much with the next CBT update though, we'll probably have to wait for CBT 3.0.

chrono trying to steer the conversation back to dommy mommy jade while knowing full well it's futile, I respect the commitment and dedication, a true trailblazer
I do what I can.

Bad costume. Boring dominatrix aesthetic style. Minimum story role. I guess she goes nicely with Herta in PF, but that is more the power of kurukuru.
Bad costume? How can you hate that hat?

I think she'll be pretty prevalent in the next story patch (likely tied into whatever Hanabi has planned), but I guess we'll see.

SushiReese

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Agree with Crit Firefly is just trash and waste like 2/3 of her traces. Like building Critka/solo carry Black Swan while completely ignore their mechanics.

E2 Firefly does not consumes SP at ult state and she gets extra turn on Broke enemy or killing adds…. Remind you she buff herself upon 180 Spd on Speed boot and move faster than most units in the game.Like speed-tuned a 180 spd unit with Bronya/Sparkle would be already messy.

E2 DanHengIL has to consume 3 SP per rotation and he is basically locked in with Sparkle or Tingyun, and his buff coverage is… bad.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Man. I'm kind of shocked how bad Jade is. IPC team is dead. At least she will be an easy skip.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Ruan Mei being stuck to Firefly for her best team comp means your DoT team is going to need Asta if they are used on the other side, and losing the damage bonus from her skill, ult res pen and delay.
I mean, Ruan Mei is a break support. As break gets more fleshed out and endgame content starts demanding it (hello, Apocalyptic Shadow) she's gonna be pulled away from the DoT team regardless. The team is still very good with Asta, Robin is more or less equivalent to RM's performance in a DoT team, and there will certainly be a 5* support specifically catered to the team eventually.

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
Bad costume? How can you hate that hat?
I am not a fan of the extremely open dress that shows her lace bra. Or the almost completely uncovered legs (again).

I also dislike the pretty vanilla dominatrix aesthetic. Ruan Mei has similarly terrible design, plus the terribleness of looking too similar to other Xianzhou characters. But Ruan Mei redeemed herself by being a complete psychopath who starts her appearance by drugging TB into doing her bidding. Jade so far just comes across like any other sexualized woman in a position of power. Maybe 2.3 will make her more interesting, but so far she is not.

SushiReese

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
t4aYGYW.gif

On the same team and relic build, E2 Firefly needing to break enemies to deal comparable damage to E2 DHIL when she has higher def ignore and multipliers on her skill is so shit lmao, 242k vs 307k
Bro, it's only 35% of her damage output now because she lost 65% damage without HMC and RuanMei! /s

Agree with Crit Firefly is just meh and waste like 2/3 of her traces. Like building Critka/solo carry Black Swan while completely ignore their mechanics.

E2 Firefly does not consumes SP at ult state and she gets extra turn on Broke enemy or killing adds….

Remind you she buff herself upon 180 Spd on Speed boot and move faster than most units in the game.Like speed-tuned a 180 spd unit with Bronya/Sparkle would be already messy.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Reading people cope in the reddit about how Firefly will absolutely receive buffs is hilarious.

Mihoyo is not a normal company.

This is the same company that put out Dehya, a character that got tons of feedback that she was garbage and they pushed her to release anyway.

Mark my words, Firefly will receive no actual buffs and will pretty much release as is.

Why? Because they fucking can and you're still going to roll for her while they laugh all the way to the bank.

Dehya is standard banner, not comparable at all

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Feeling like I'll go for Booty boy now. If I lose the 50/50 I guess I can go for Firefly instead. Gonna leave it up to RNG

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Finished the story this morning and I think, taken as a whole, they did a really great job with it.

I think I need to see how the epilogue plays out to make a final declarative statement, but I feel this is probably their best work overall.

There's still some dangling threads I'd like to see addressed and if they can do that I'll be super pleased.

I'll write something really chunky soon, but just wanted to throw my initial two cents in. I've had a blast reading everyone else's thoughts and feelings over the last dozen pages or so.

They took some big swings with this one and I think it pays off. I'm desperate for the closure of the epilogue though!

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I'm sorry for whoever keeps renting my unbuilt Robin for support, I'm sure you're getting a horrible idea of her worth

Oct 28, 2017
Acheron rerun when? I need her talent for exploration

I see... I'm not up to date, I only have E1. I haven't done treasure hunting in Penacony, I don't even know if the birds give a reward
Do birds, they give Clock Credits and Jades at half (usually 10 per area) and New 4* MoC LCs at full amount (20 per area-ish).

Plus they're cute.

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
Dehya is standard banner, not comparable at all
They made the announcement that Deyha was going to be in standard banner during the patch livestream one week before she was actually released. There was zero indication that she would be standard banner before that, compared to everyone knowing about Tighnari much further in advance. And IIRC the staff was on holiday for a week or two during that testing period for a major Chinese holiday too.

They could not and did not care to salvage her, so they stuffed her in standard banner last minute.

That said, Genshin balancing team is very bad nowadays, ever since early Sumeru, it feels like everyone that isn't an Archon, second to the Archon, a Harbinger, or from Liyue is in immediate skip tier.

Meanwhile, there's no 5* in HSR that's objectively bad, everyone has uses in different aspects of the game. I think Firefly does need a buff (and I'm confident she absolutely will get one, HSR characters get substantial utility buffs during beta, like Aventurine's former E1 getting buffed into his base kit), because it seems goofy as hell that most of her damage is actually coming from HMC and Ruan Mei more than anything else.

I think in her current state, she will be powercrept extremely fast, especially since I suspect the devs are going to end this patch cycle with a FuA break effect character since they are pushing the hell out of both concepts, shoving in as many attacks as possible while HMC and Ruan Mei's buffs are up and enemies are broken.

Last edited:

SushiReese

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm sorry for whoever keeps renting my unbuilt Robin for support, I'm sure you're getting a horrible idea of her worth
>Saw a E6S5 Robin as support in friend list ଘˊᵕˋଓ
>Borrow her for weekly boss
>Begins at 0 energy Ծ‸Ծ
>Literally have to wait 3 cycles to allow her to charge up (◔‸◔)
>Nuke everything from her singing, my Pela hits like 200k a normal attack imao

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Fireflop is one of a kind, the first limited 5* to get power crept in advance before release, by Bootyhill no less. Going by the videos I've seen, I'm only half-joking.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Did they change trace material drop rates?

I usually auto and don't pay much attention to the results but I was farming the new harmony Calyx and got 12 green, zero blue, and zero purple from a 6x run. Aren't you guaranteed 6 blue and 6 green and then more, if any, at random? A second run got 2 blue and 12 green.

Last edited:

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
One thing I haven't seen that much mention about in the ending:
We never see who is the narrator of the second credits, and as far as I can tell, it's someone we never heard before. I highly suspect that it's Elio.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
That said, Genshin balancing team is very bad nowadays, ever since early Sumeru, it feels like everyone that isn't an Archon, second to the Archon, a Harbinger, or from Liyue is in immediate skip tier.

I couldn't agree less but go off I guess.
Chiori is the only one I feel was completely undercooked from Fontaine, and I can still make good use of her

I mute the game when the FuA gang comes out

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
One thing I haven't seen that much mention about in the ending:
We never see who is the narrator of the second credits, and as far as I can tell, it's someone we never heard before. I highly suspect that it's Elio.

Kinda thought the same, wonder if he will be playable eventually, they haven't done a youngish boy banner yet(or girl really unless you count huohuo)

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Kinda thought the same, wonder if he will be playable eventually, they haven't done a youngish boy banner yet(or girl really unless you count huohuo)

It'll be really weird if the core of the Stellaron Hunters wasn't playable when the rest of them are. But I'm not expecting him soon. Probably 3.X since the Stellaron Hunters seem to get involved in every major story arc.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah saying Genshin balance is bad in comparison to HSR is a wild take lol

At least when we are talking about the 5* characters. Genshin hardly ever releases a straight up bad one with Dehya possibly being the only exception, and there hasn't been hardly any straight up power creep at all except for arguably Neuvillette. 4*s are more of a crapshoot where they can range from ass to pretty good, and almost always require a lot of constellations.

Though can't say HSR is any better in that regard either lol

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The release pace is another big reason; HSR has almost as many characters now as Genshin had at their second anniversary.

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Topaz LC secured. Heart skipping a beat when I see the Hunt symbol dreading getting Yanqing'd even on a non-character banner. Depleting the jade stock this much will likely lead to regret next patch but… fuggit.

Still a ways off from building Topaz fully but I am a bit worried about how much the lack of Aventurine will hamper her team. Without him, it's going to be very single target focused. Hopefully it will shine in the new mode to make Boothill look good.