Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
The release pace is another big reason; HSR has almost as many characters now as Genshin had at their second anniversary.
I do wonder how they are going to do things going forward towards 3.0. I hope they just have repeat banners coming up. But alas it seems they have enough characters in the pipeline until 2.6ish.

After 2 weeks my Aventurine is 80 from 70 and all traces unlocked thanks to Acheron farming. Next up is Topaz and Dr Ratio Trace farming then back to relic farming.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I though this was a beautiful image. I edited out the UID, in case anyone wants it, maybe as a background:

53715936505_a891747ba7_o.png

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I do wonder how they are going to do things going forward towards 3.0. I hope they just have repeat banners coming up. But alas it seems they have enough characters in the pipeline until 2.6ish.

After 2 weeks my Aventurine is 80 from 70 and all traces unlocked thanks to Acheron farming. Next up is Topaz and Dr Ratio Trace farming then back to relic farming.

TBH I've always been on the side where I don't mind the release pace; not every character is someone I'm gonna be excited about pulling. And even if I'm not, we get more named and unique characters in the plot rather than just NPCs.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Jade testing from CN sides:

E1S1 Jade+ E1S0 Aventurine carry(lol)+E1S0 Robin+E0S2 Sparkle 1 cycle MOC 12 Cocolia

【视频】【v1】11翡00花10.5鸟10.5砂1t新12上【崩坏星穹铁道内鬼吧】_百度贴吧

【v1】11翡00花..这个队花火感觉怎么样,翡翠砂金都不太缺爆伤,拉条也很难让两个人在鸟大内多动一次,换成阮梅会不会更好,毕竟这个队伍除了鸟都不吃点花火大感觉作用不明显?

E0S1 Jade+ E0S0 Aventurine +E1S0 Robin+Kuru Kuru 2 cycle PF 6 Kafka

E1S1 Jade single carry+ E0S0 Huohuo +E0S0 Sparkle+ Tingyun 2 cycled MOC 12 Cocolia

【视频】【v1】翡翠单c新12上,2t(5金)【崩坏星穹铁道内鬼吧】_百度贴吧

【v1】翡翠单c新1..视频来自:百度贴吧

E1S1 Jade single carry+ E0S0 Huohuo +E0S0 Sparkle+ E0S1 Blade 2 cycled MOC 12 Cocolia

【视频】【v1】翡刃逆风抗2t新12上,7金【崩坏星穹铁道内鬼吧】_百度贴吧

【v1】翡刃逆风抗2..视频来自:百度贴吧

E0S1 Jade compared to E1 RuanMei slot into E1S1 Blade team comparsion:

Comments from the testers:

"Similarly, starting with the disadvantages:

1. In terms of single-target damage, if you want to go MOC,she does not provide noticeable upgrade when you replace either Topaz of Dr Ratio. Same thing in Blade's team replacing Ruan Mei. She is terrible at single target environment.
  2. Her skill is a bit annoying to manage. During actual combat, when she really want to perform normal attack to trigger her Fua, she has to use the skill to buff allies. Mess up all the rotations and cycle.
Advantages:

1. She is the queen of pure fiction, she synergy with Kuru/Kura crazy.
  2. She is easier to build around and has low requirements for relics. She could self buff up to 150% CD.
Overall:
There's not much to say, the strength is similar to what was expected. If you really want a unit to use in MOC, she is not the choice.
Her damage mainly comes from Fua, her skill buffed damage is almost non-existence. I did not feel noticeable difference when Kurukuru is buffed.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Jade can get buffed to high heavens but her place still won't be the IPC team. Her topend would be lifting just about any comp into PF excellence? Well, the current IPC team at least. Maybe we'll get enough stonehearts that join her on the aoe side and form a second IPC team.

Genshin is probably legit the best balance I've ever seen in a gacha. Fontaine shows some worrying signs but still nothing too bad and if power creep comes in the form of like a Furina- that literally lifts units that had no place ever before up while lifting up other units that fell out of the meta- that's pretty ideal.

Neuv/Arle might just be straight creep though.

Genshin current balance nearing the end of version 4 seems better than HSR balance here at the start of version 2 even excluding comparison at equivalent times. Maybe that's just less familiarity with hsr on my part though.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that you need Tracks of Destiny to level 2 out of the 3 traces a character has. I'm fresh out and they're drip fed.

Guess I'm not going to be leveling any characters for a while. Finally got Himeko so I'm going to be finally building her and Herta.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Unless the next IPC unit is a Harmony to replace Robin or a really good follow up destruction ala Clara to replace Ratio I really don't see what they could do to improve the team set up. Slap an IPC hat on Robin I suppose.

Having leveled Robin and Topaz I can confirm they are really fun units to play with. Definitely less brain dead game play than your power carry sparkle teams.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Had only gotten 1 star on the new Follow-Up Pure Fiction.
Gave it a try again with Topaz, cause I was curious, even though her Traces aren't done (at level 4 😅 )
Tried Clara/Topaz/Himeko/Herta at first, but they killed Clara.
Used Clara/March/Topaz/Himeko with the "Whimsicality triggers every 3 Follow-Up attacks" buff and it was an easy 3 stars.
ZLsq3hC.png

...I also realized afterwards that Clara was on a Level 1 Light Cone, cause Jingliu had the correct one. Whoops.
But man that team is really fun.

Also, I need way more EXP books. Am all out again after getting Topaz to 75 to unlock her final crit Trace. Want to get her to 80. Need enough to get Firefly to 80. Gallagher needs to get to 80. I also wanna get March to 80 since she'll get a new version later this year.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Unless the next IPC unit is a Harmony to replace Robin or a really good follow up destruction ala Clara to replace Ratio I really don't see what they could do to improve the team set up. Slap an IPC hat on Robin I suppose.

Having leveled Robin and Topaz I can confirm they are really fun units to play with. Definitely less brain dead game play than your power carry sparkle teams.
We don't have a pure FUA destruction unit yet. Closest is Clara, and she's more about counter attacks, it all depends on your enemies attacking her than anything you do. That could work next.

Robin was made with FuA in mind, so replacing her seems odd.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
The only way to improve them would be a dps who attacks harder and more often than ratio. Robin/topaz/aventurine are close to irreplaceable in that team, and any improvement on ratio would almost automtically be the new best dps in the game.

its probably the most complete team in the game atm in terms of 4 five stars where every part of each others kits perfectly synergise with one another.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is absolutely bias, but yeah, FUA team legit feels like the best and most complete team in the game right now. They synergize so well. Makes sense since they're the most premium team in the game right now (I have E2 Topass which makes the team more comfy). Only other team that needs as much limited 5* characters is mono quantum, which was not worth the wait, if you ask me. Seele and Sparkle feel odd to play together with how fast Seele already is.

Dot is probably second, but even then they're missing a dedicated harmony and sustain. RM and HH are good, but aren't tailored made for DoT, so I could see dedicated units for both coming eventually. Imagine a harmony and sustain that provide good guaranteed burn and/or bleed.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
How much better is Robin than E1 Ruan Mei/Sparkle for the follow up team? I know she's better, but is it really that much of a difference? Realistically speaking the only time I'm not using Ruan Mei with that team is when doing MOC and the other team is Kafka/Black Swan, in which case the follow up team gets Sparkle.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
A Nihility debuff character with an FUA could theoretically replace Topaz, thats my cope since I lost the 50/50 for her again.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Another single pull using the login pass we got today
zkkp1Rw.jpg

Hanya E6 too like her sister now. No early Topaz or 50/50 loss but I'm not wishing more.

43 Pity for the Character Banner and 54 for the LC banner. If I convert my Jades/Use my Starlight I have 115 wishes on me now.

How much better is Robin than E1 Ruan Mei/Sparkle for the follow up team? I know she's better, but is it really that much of a difference? Realistically speaking the only time I'm not using Ruan Mei with that team is when doing MOC and the other team is Kafka/Black Swan, in which case the follow up team gets Sparkle.
I wouldn't, my Sparkle is in the mono quantum gulag but I used her sometimes with FUAs preRobin and she is really really good, I do have Topaz E2S1 and Sparkle E1S1 tho.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still no notice update on the voice of Beauty fix being done...

qSYeGGz7DtDEo9Htk0.webp

At this point I wonder if there was a scheduling conflict with his va and they still have to actually record his lines... I fear if it's not resolved by tomorrow I may have to carry on with the story after all, I've gotta see how it ends this is painful.

The way this is deeply affecting my overall experience and enjoyment of the game... apolojade when.

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway

qSYeGGz7DtDEo9Htk0.webp

At this point I wonder if there was a scheduling conflict with his va and they still have to actually record his lines... I fear if it's not resolved by tomorrow I may have to carry on with the story after all, I've gotta see how it ends this is painful.

The way this is deeply affecting my overall experience and enjoyment of the game... apolojade when.

For what it's worth, it's just a small handful of lines. His scene is very short.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

qSYeGGz7DtDEo9Htk0.webp

But today is Sunday. Just do it now for Sunday.

qSYeGGz7DtDEo9Htk0.webp

They did put out a note that it was a bug. (they could have said that to save face)

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
She the go to for FuA teams due to the absolute synergy.

Sparkle is built for hypercarry teams and Ruan Mei is more universal/break/dot oriented.

Robin is arguably the easiest harmony to build.

Sparkle is the hardest.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Have they stated yet who the Companion Mission for this patch is?

I really hope it's Hanabi, Hanabi is such a little gremlin. Any time Hanabi is on-screen, Hanabi has my attention. I love all of the little tricks Hanabi plays and they way Hanabi interacts with others, and even Hanabi's VA is top-notch (Ueda Reina, too good). I love Hanabi's design as well. All of these things come together to make Hanabi such an interesting character to me, and it's just unfortunate that Hanabi is so criminally underused. Hanabi deserves more.

HANABI.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017

I really hope it's Hanabi, Hanabi is such a little gremlin. Any time Hanabi is on-screen, Hanabi has my attention. I love all of the little tricks Hanabi plays and they way Hanabi interacts with others, and even Hanabi's VA is top-notch (Ueda Reina, too good). I love Hanabi's design as well. All of these things come together to make Hanabi such an interesting character to me, and it's just unfortunate that Hanabi is so criminally underused. Hanabi deserves more.

HANABI.
A fellow Hanabi enjoyer. Based take, my friend. The more Hanabi we get, the better.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018

HANABI.
This patch as in 2.2? There isn't one, like last time. Black Swan and Sparkle already had a joint one in 2.0, remains to be seen if either will have another. We also won't know about 2.3 until the livestream probably, but since it'll just be an epilogue and we've gone two patches without any I expect we'll probably get a few.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020

HANABI.
im sure this companion quest will sparkle

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
A fellow Hanabi enjoyer. Based take, my friend. The more Hanabi we get, the better.
d(^_^)v

It's been a few weeks, since I'm in the mood maybe I'll watch Hanabi's character PV again for that amazing music and visuals. Maybe Acheron's too, while I'm at it.

This patch as in 2.2? There isn't one, like last time. Black Swan and Sparkle already had a joint one in 2.0, remains to be seen if either will have another. We also won't know about 2.3 until the livestream probably, but since it'll just be an epilogue and we've gone two patches without any I expect we'll probably get a few.
I refuse to settle that her joint one with Black Swan counted as her own. I refuse!

Shame we're not getting one this patch, maybe in 2.3. Maybe it could have to do with her events in Penacony that we didn't see.

im sure this companion quest will sparkle
>:(

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I think if you're a fan of Black Swan or Sparkle, their shared companion mission was a little bit of a disappointment for both.

Black Swan gets some good stuff in the story though, whereas Sparkle less so. But there's still the epilogue.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't seen Sparkle's trailer because of all the hype and knowing I had to skip her.
You need to watch it. Now. Get that wallet ready for her re-run.

Also, don't think I didn't notice the bold text. >:(

I think if you're a fan of Black Swan or Sparkle, their shared companion mission was a little bit of a disappointment for both.

Black Swan gets some good stuff in the story though, whereas Sparkle less so. But there's still the epilogue.
Yeah, that's the hope. Epilogue, please save us.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018

Oh it definitely was a disappointment lol. But with all the characters who still need one and the fact that they haven't revisited any characters before, I doubt those two will get another unfortunately.

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
You know what? I take back what I said about Genshin balancing team being ass, not sure what I was thinking last night. There is definitely crazy powercreep present in HSR, even if hardly anyone is in objectively bad tier. Though I find a lot of the latest Genshin characters rather boring on a mechanical level compared to HSR team building.

---

image.png

Getting Robin and getting the crazy idea to go Hypercarry Clara made all the difference.

---

I have a friend that has been testing out HMC/Ruan Mei using full break builds for characters that aren't normally built for break.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH84lno9_7A

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCxukAV5Tn0

My friend is already thinking about testing Break Herta + Break Jade + RM + HMC once Jade is released. And considering how hard the devs have been pushing FuA and break effect lately, we're wondering if the natural conclusion to all of this is a potential new character before the next planet that is specifically built for both FuA AND Break at the same time, trying to cram in as many attacks as possible while RM/HMC's ultimates are up.

When you see things like this, I can fully understand why people are saying Firefly is underwhelming and will likely be powercrept very quickly in her current state. Characters that aren't normally built for break at all have the flexibility to achieve good results when pivoting to break relics and used in a break team alongside HMC/Ruan Mei. Seeing all of the showcase testing with Firefly, I get the impression that Firefly E0 could very well be the weakest 5* in the entire game, there's a reason the majority of showcases are E2. Her E1 and E2 might as well be currently required, so a good first step towards fixing her would be to bake both of their effects into her base kit. Though that would make less money for what is probably the most hyped character in the Penacony patch cycle thus far.

As for Jade, she's clearly not meant to work with Topaz and Dr. Ratio at all. The way I currently see her, she's meant to be the cornerstone of AoE FuA teams, the same way Topaz is the cornerstone of single target FuA. Jade might look underwhelming now, but Topaz also looked underwhelming back when she was first released. Everyone who had the foresight to recognize that the devs were going to release more FuA characters and went for E1S1 Topaz back when she was first released won big time ever since, assuming they kept up with investing in the FuA teams.

The devs seem to be shifting towards designing a second FuA team built around AoE, and so far it seems like you don't really need to invest in Jade nearly as much as Topaz (a lot of her showcases are E0/S1). Jade + Herta already seems pretty nuts, along with just hypercarry Jade since she's SP-positive. I suspect we're going to see another FuA Erudition fairly soon that's designed to work extremely well with Jade (most likely Screwllum with a reworked kit at this point).

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
So I'm nearing the end of the story and I'm a bit unsure if I understand it right.

the family used the Stellaron to create the land of dreams. This stellaron is able to sustain the dream by sucking up the emery of the dreams residents. Trapping them. Sunday wants to use the Stellaron and the dream to ressurect the aeon of order. So his use of the Stellaron differs from the original intent of the family and gopher wood. Do I have all that right?

Also is his intent to have the Aeon of order impact reality itself? Or just keep everyone in a dream?

I'm at the third act in the dream theater.