Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Did they change trace material drop rates?

I usually auto and don't pay much attention to the results but I was farming the new harmony Calyx and got 12 green, zero blue, and zero purple from a 6x run. Aren't you guaranteed 6 blue and 6 green and then more, if any, at random? A second run got 2 blue and 12 green.

Did another run and got 2 blue and 14 green. Looks like they upped the rate of greens and lowered the rest which is terrible since 6 blue is equal to 18 green.

Old Calyx seem to have the same drop rate.

Edit: somehow I changed to a lower difficulty and that's why the drops changed. I was wondering why the stage took seconds to complete.

Last edited:

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm nearing the end of the story and I'm a bit unsure if I understand it right.

the family used the Stellaron to create the land of dreams. This stellaron is able to sustain the dream by sucking up the emery of the dreams residents. Trapping them. Sunday wants to use the Stellaron and the dream to ressurect the aeon of order. So his use of the Stellaron differs from the original intent of the family and gopher wood. Do I have all that right?

Also is his intent to have the Aeon of order impact reality itself? Or just keep everyone in a dream?

I'm at the third act in the dream theater.
Not quite. I don't think these spoilers are for anything after where you are.
Sunday is not trying to resurrect Ena. The idea is something like that Order still exists in some form within Harmony. Sunday is trying to subvert Harmony and push it back somewhat toward Order, and the fact that there is no Aeon of Order is what would let him step in and seize Emanator-level power.

Gopher Wood is the Dreammaster and was in on it all along.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
We don't have a pure FUA destruction unit yet. Closest is Clara, and she's more about counter attacks, it all depends on your enemies attacking her than anything you do. That could work next.

Xueyi doesn't count? She puts out quite a bit at E6 at least.

Although apparently she has a Super Break build now.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
You know what? I take back what I said about Genshin balancing team being ass, not sure what I was thinking last night. There is definitely crazy powercreep present in HSR, even if hardly anyone is in objectively bad tier. Though I find a lot of the latest Genshin characters rather boring on a mechanical level compared to HSR team building.
I don't really think there is that much power creep in Star Rail either.
Acheron is absolutely in a tier of her own, but other than that they are still trying to have new characters fill unique roles and are even creating new archetypes with the upcoming Break focus instead of doing direct pure number creeping imo.
And I don't really consider a single character that is noticably better or worse than the average a sign for power creep, until that turns into a longer trend.
Yes, there's some power creeping going on but it's really not "crazy", yet, I'd say.

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
My records are weird af.

May_2024_Limited_Character.png

(The full record, though my Topaz rolls are missing for some reason, which would skew the stats even harder because I didn't lose any 50/50 to get her to E1 either)

image.png

May_2024_Limited_LC.png

May_2024_Standard.png

I am still Himeko/Bronya-less and I used my standard banner 300 pull selector on Clara, but I can't complain about my absurd/weird luck otherwise. Although now that I speak of this, I have probably cursed the shit out of myself.

Acheron is absolutely in a tier of her own, but other than that they are still trying to have new characters fill unique roles and are even creating new archetypes with the upcoming Break focus instead of doing direct pure number creeping imo.
And I don't really consider a single character that is noticably better or worse than the average a sign for power creep, until that turns into a longer trend.
Yes, there's some power creeping going on but it's really not "crazy", yet, I'd say.

Yeah, HSR balance definitely encourages building multiple teams, while in Genshin you only really need 8 strong characters and you're good to go (and they seem highly allergic to actually releasing supports nowadays, which really exacerbates the feeling when Xiangling and Bennett have been the best pyro support by a huge margin since the very start of the game).

I've come to the realization that we're definitely going to be seeing a lot more FuA characters in the future, and they might not be necessarily designed *for* FuA teams. FuA is merely a combat mechanic, while break effect and DoT/EHR are stats that you actually build for. It wouldn't be too far-fetched to envision a FuA DoT character that triggers their FuA based on how many DoT debuffs are inflicted on enemies for instance (and this is probably exactly how a Nihility Stoneheart would work, and I could also see an Abundance Stoneheart keeping track of HP changes in the party for their FuA too).

Last edited:

Vylash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still no notice update on the voice of Beauty fix being done...

qSYeGGz7DtDEo9Htk0.webp

At this point I wonder if there was a scheduling conflict with his va and they still have to actually record his lines... I fear if it's not resolved by tomorrow I may have to carry on with the story after all, I've gotta see how it ends this is painful.

The way this is deeply affecting my overall experience and enjoyment of the game... apolojade when.
7c906d7fab8a3458e3ad487ac435f18b.gif

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I consider her more break focused. It'd be like calling Kafka a FuA character, it's technically not wrong, but eh... It's not their main focus. Especially with Super Break now being a thing.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Not quite. I don't think these spoilers are for anything after where you are.
Sunday is not trying to resurrect Ena. The idea is something like that Order still exists in some form within Harmony. Sunday is trying to subvert Harmony and push it back somewhat toward Order, and the fact that there is no Aeon of Order is what would let him step in and seize Emanator-level power.

Gopher Wood is the Dreammaster and was in on it all along.

So the family serves harmony and Gopher wood the order? The family used the Stellaron to create the dream state but gopher wood and Sunday have their own intentions?

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017

Xueyi, realistically speaking, is likely already built for super breaks even with crit build, as long as you're at baseline 150%+ BE.

With a 200+ TB sharing 30% of their own BE, she can get to 200%, and if Ruan Mei is also on the team, mine is hitting 290% BE, and can do 100k ult, and 50-ish k skill super break damage.

Realistically, you'd want her, HTB, Ruan Mei, and either Gallagher (for heal) or Pela/SW for def shred (and just hope you can kill the enemies fast enough to not need heals)

Yeah, all in all, it seems like they're going for the 'slight upgrade overall for generalist use, but with big(ger) impact in one specific team-style' incremental upgrades.

Sparkle/Bronya, and now Robin/Ruan Mei, are realistically still fairly close.

Meanwhile, Acheron is by far the biggest example of DPS creep - before that it was DHIL and Jingliu doing hunt level damage with consistent blast attacks (thus hitting more targets and clearing MoC faster), and Jingliu especially being super easy to build, with her free 50% crit and massive attack boost via HP sipping.

I am curious as to how Boothill, and later (if no changes) Firefly will stack up, though.

Or future sustains, without starting to release crossover units a la Fu Xuan's harmony-sub-theme, or Aventurine's FUA/elation-sub-theme.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
I'm looking for strategy guides for the 2.2 boss
past, present and eternal show
but can't find any. (Also hard to find without spoilers) Can someone help me out?

billyofcourse

Jun 21, 2018
I think for my f2p account my next thing I'm gonna pull on is another limited sustain. I'm not really worried about max dps potential and just trying to make sure the account can clear content. Feels like fu xuan rerun would be my best bet in that regard?

I'm not really concerned about this account doing insane numbers or zero cycling or any nonsense like that. Would much rather invest my pulls in making sure I can clear things in a somewhat comfy fashion.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
AoE is king, what's your setup

Seele, SW. Bronya and Lynx are my gotos and the ones with most build up. I do also have Clara built up if I need AOE. I have Dan Heng IL but he's not built up a lot yet.

I do fine for the most part in the first phase but then one of the attacks takes off most of my hp from one of my characters and I can't figure out why.

Still haven't gotten to the second.

Got to the second phase. Died. Is there a specific enemy I should target if I'm not doing AOE?

Last edited:

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
finished getting all the visible treasures on the new maps and now im at 765 and now at 210 stickers

dont know if i missed any mini-game treasures or not

ozumas

Born to be Wise and Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 15, 2020
So I've been doing some MoC, and I am pretty happy with my performance (stuck in MoC 9) but after seeing some videos here or in general with Aventurine doing 100k damage with auto attack I kinda feel I am playing another game lol, though Aventurine is probably my MVP alongside Acheron (but using her is cheating).

I came to realize that a shielder or healer is probably the most important piece or at least one of the most important just for the fact that not dying is most important that doing tons of damage. The team that I play with Aventurine has no problem beating MoC 9 but the team with my poor E6 Lynx with good artifacts can't heal my party and is a bit sad.

Nothing new but I just realized how OP good shield and heal characters are in this game.

Baha

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally managed to 12 star PF before it expired. HMC + RM with Clara + Herta really helped me on that 1st side. No JL, Argenti, JY, built Misha really hampered my progress there for awhile. Now to work on MoC 12 for that final star.

Oct 26, 2017
You know what? I take back what I said about Genshin balancing team being ass, not sure what I was thinking last night. There is definitely crazy powercreep present in HSR, even if hardly anyone is in objectively bad tier. Though I find a lot of the latest Genshin characters rather boring on a mechanical level compared to HSR team building.

---

image.png

Getting Robin and getting the crazy idea to go Hypercarry Clara made all the difference.

---

I have a friend that has been testing out HMC/Ruan Mei using full break builds for characters that aren't normally built for break.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH84lno9_7A

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCxukAV5Tn0

My friend is already thinking about testing Break Herta + Break Jade + RM + HMC once Jade is released. And considering how hard the devs have been pushing FuA and break effect lately, we're wondering if the natural conclusion to all of this is a potential new character before the next planet that is specifically built for both FuA AND Break at the same time, trying to cram in as many attacks as possible while RM/HMC's ultimates are up.

When you see things like this, I can fully understand why people are saying Firefly is underwhelming and will likely be powercrept very quickly in her current state. Characters that aren't normally built for break at all have the flexibility to achieve good results when pivoting to break relics and used in a break team alongside HMC/Ruan Mei. Seeing all of the showcase testing with Firefly, I get the impression that Firefly E0 could very well be the weakest 5* in the entire game, there's a reason the majority of showcases are E2. Her E1 and E2 might as well be currently required, so a good first step towards fixing her would be to bake both of their effects into her base kit. Though that would make less money for what is probably the most hyped character in the Penacony patch cycle thus far.

As for Jade, she's clearly not meant to work with Topaz and Dr. Ratio at all. The way I currently see her, she's meant to be the cornerstone of AoE FuA teams, the same way Topaz is the cornerstone of single target FuA. Jade might look underwhelming now, but Topaz also looked underwhelming back when she was first released. Everyone who had the foresight to recognize that the devs were going to release more FuA characters and went for E1S1 Topaz back when she was first released won big time ever since, assuming they kept up with investing in the FuA teams.

The devs seem to be shifting towards designing a second FuA team built around AoE, and so far it seems like you don't really need to invest in Jade nearly as much as Topaz (a lot of her showcases are E0/S1). Jade + Herta already seems pretty nuts, along with just hypercarry Jade since she's SP-positive. I suspect we're going to see another FuA Erudition fairly soon that's designed to work extremely well with Jade (most likely Screwllum with a reworked kit at this point).

It's funny you mention follow up attack and Break because

There's info on an upcoming character that has a kit that is apparently related to weakness break and "possibly" follow up attacks.

Likely they will be able to do their thing without HMC and HMC will just be a bonus as they should be.

Also Firefly's already powercrept by Boothill.

She can't even trigger her own Break damage while he can to hilarious effect in videos.

Since they're focusing more on Break stuff they'll probably release another Break DPS in 2.x with Blast attacks that will implant their weakness and trigger their own Break damage on broken targets.

Vylash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seele, SW. Bronya and Lynx are my gotos and the ones with most build up. I do also have Clara built up if I need AOE. I have Dan Heng IL but he's not built up a lot yet.

I do fine for the most part in the first phase but then one of the attacks takes off most of my hp from one of my characters and I can't figure out why.

Yeah that's why lol, you need good aoe to stop him from wiping you out, Seele and SW are both single target characters

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Still no notice update on the voice of Beauty fix being done...

qSYeGGz7DtDEo9Htk0.webp

At this point I wonder if there was a scheduling conflict with his va and they still have to actually record his lines... I fear if it's not resolved by tomorrow I may have to carry on with the story after all, I've gotta see how it ends this is painful.

The way this is deeply affecting my overall experience and enjoyment of the game... apolojade when.

As a fellow follower of the path of Beauty I feel you. I, too, was uttery heartbroken in that moment.
Hoyoverse, let the voice of Beauty speak to us, sing to us! Or give us those apolojades. That also works.

OP
OP
SubvertedTrope
Sep 14, 2018

Got to the second phase. Died. Is there a specific enemy I should target if I'm not doing AOE?
They share an HP pool so, no. You could replace Bronya or SW with a second sustain and take it slow, there's no time limit.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to sit down and really enjoy the end of 2.2. Mihoyo does need to stop paying their writers by the word, the beginning of 2.2 was just a mess.
Overall, I really liked it, super strong patch unfortunately followed by a crappy event. I'm reading all of it because of the backstory it gives, but trim it down some next time mihoyo.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I thought after getting Aventurine I wouldn't want Fu Xuan
But Jing Yuan makes me want to put my head through a wall which makes me want her again...

Aventurine is in high demand and Luocha just isn't cutting it for me outside Jingliu/Ruan Mei/Blade team

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017

---

image.png

Getting Robin and getting the crazy idea to go Hypercarry Clara made all the difference.

---

I have a friend that has been testing out HMC/Ruan Mei using full break builds for characters that aren't normally built for break.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH84lno9_7A

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCxukAV5Tn0

My friend is already thinking about testing Break Herta + Break Jade + RM + HMC once Jade is released. And considering how hard the devs have been pushing FuA and break effect lately, we're wondering if the natural conclusion to all of this is a potential new character before the next planet that is specifically built for both FuA AND Break at the same time, trying to cram in as many attacks as possible while RM/HMC's ultimates are up.

When you see things like this, I can fully understand why people are saying Firefly is underwhelming and will likely be powercrept very quickly in her current state. Characters that aren't normally built for break at all have the flexibility to achieve good results when pivoting to break relics and used in a break team alongside HMC/Ruan Mei. Seeing all of the showcase testing with Firefly, I get the impression that Firefly E0 could very well be the weakest 5* in the entire game, there's a reason the majority of showcases are E2. Her E1 and E2 might as well be currently required, so a good first step towards fixing her would be to bake both of their effects into her base kit. Though that would make less money for what is probably the most hyped character in the Penacony patch cycle thus far.

As for Jade, she's clearly not meant to work with Topaz and Dr. Ratio at all. The way I currently see her, she's meant to be the cornerstone of AoE FuA teams, the same way Topaz is the cornerstone of single target FuA. Jade might look underwhelming now, but Topaz also looked underwhelming back when she was first released. Everyone who had the foresight to recognize that the devs were going to release more FuA characters and went for E1S1 Topaz back when she was first released won big time ever since, assuming they kept up with investing in the FuA teams.

The devs seem to be shifting towards designing a second FuA team built around AoE, and so far it seems like you don't really need to invest in Jade nearly as much as Topaz (a lot of her showcases are E0/S1). Jade + Herta already seems pretty nuts, along with just hypercarry Jade since she's SP-positive. I suspect we're going to see another FuA Erudition fairly soon that's designed to work extremely well with Jade (most likely Screwllum with a reworked kit at this point).

that's why my target is Firefly E2S1

Vylash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have they stated yet who the Companion Mission for this patch is?

I really hope it's Hanabi, Hanabi is such a little gremlin. Any time Hanabi is on-screen, Hanabi has my attention. I love all of the little tricks Hanabi plays and they way Hanabi interacts with others, and even Hanabi's VA is top-notch (Ueda Reina, too good). I love Hanabi's design as well. All of these things come together to make Hanabi such an interesting character to me, and it's just unfortunate that Hanabi is so criminally underused. Hanabi deserves more.

HANABI.
FBXfmqcXIAYT73c.jpg

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018

I really hope it's Hanabi, Hanabi is such a little gremlin. Any time Hanabi is on-screen, Hanabi has my attention. I love all of the little tricks Hanabi plays and they way Hanabi interacts with others, and even Hanabi's VA is top-notch (Ueda Reina, too good). I love Hanabi's design as well. All of these things come together to make Hanabi such an interesting character to me, and it's just unfortunate that Hanabi is so criminally underused. Hanabi deserves more.

HANABI.
OH you mean Sparkle :P

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Wasted all my supplies on levelling my S1 Swordplay before reading that the new F2P yaoi LC is better on Topaz and the guide hadn't updated to include it
Feels bad!!!

Jun 17, 2023

HANABI.
I wake up and open Era, and this is the first thing I read. Someone, anyone subjugate Chrono's mouth please.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

HANABI.
I am pretty sure she just shared a companion mission with black swan and won't get her own.

We didn't even get one for Acheron or Aventurtine but with Jade coming I can see an IPC companion mission that will have her, Aventurine, and Topaz

Or possibly Firefly gets one.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017

HANABI.

200w.gif

Vylash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the story

The story they were trying to craft was nowhere near interesting enough to justify characters droning on and on for hours in unskippable cutscenes, an absolute snoozefest, the writing in this game has been on a massive decline since belobog, you're given virtually no reason at all to care about anything until the final chapter. Why should I care about a murder mystery when nobody is actually dead? Why should I care about a traitor in the family when the family is just a faceless entity that's been completely absent in the world up until now? The final chapter was the only time when the player had any reason to be invested in the story, even though you could see the final conflict coming a mile away, the final fight was hype as hell and it was a solid conclusion but it doesn't make up for the rest of it. Really hope the writing improves for the next arc but I have no faith tbh

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping Firefly gets one because they haven't revealed much about the character.

Plus she seems different in the leaks (with the swords and all) so I'm guessing something happens.
I see the epilogue having a lot of Firefly and we would probably get some of that just because she is a loose end

And (2.3 event and possible story spoiler): Firefly shows up in the Bird candy crush event and everyone acts like that is normal so I assume she shows up in the main story just fine

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
On the day of our lord and savior Sunday, I finished 2.2. At this point I'd rate the patches as 2.1 > 2.0 > 2.2. Still the best storytelling in hsr by a longshot. I'm feeling better about what's to come and hope they'll have drawn enough lessons so that the upcoming Xianzhou arc can finally be good. How come Penacony has a better Law depiction than the actual latest Megaten game?

To me, the best aspects of this patch was the presentation, implementation of the Aeon lore, Sunday, Misha, Acheron and Gallagher, though Aventurine remains my favorite overall. The music was great, Super Break should make for some fun new party dynamics and the fights were pretty good. The Misha reveal was moving and Gallagher ended up being my biggest surprise. As someone who really enjoys the Aeon lore, I was really pleased to see the info in G&G manifest throughout this patch. There's going to be so much to speculate on - I noticed the eye in Ena's art and how he ressembles Aventurine's and love the idea that Gaiathra Triclops might just be Ena (Sigonia's fate is in line with other planets doomed by Ena's rule too). The Elio crumb was fun and I hope our anticapitalist king Sunday might join the Stellaron Hunters.

On a less positive note...many sections felt a little too drawn out, which highlighted that the cast was bigger than they had time to spare for. I was surprised that Boothill didn't feel like he came out of left field, but I found myself wanting more from Robin's writing. It felt like she was a supporting character to Sunday's story more than anything. A busted kit isn't going to change how pointless Sparkle felt and Argenti could have been replaced by someone else. I have mixed feelings on Firefly - there's a great character with a solid and compelling foundation underneath the superficial waifu pandering and that greatness only really came out when she wasn't interacting with the Trailblazer (her exchange with Sunday was great).

As much as I liked Acheron, twisting my arm into playing HI3 to find out more is having the opposite effect. The game already has an issue with the lore being too expansive and too spread out across content no matter how crucial it is, so being pressured to play another game is annoying. I don't actually feel like I'm missing out, it just makes me question the story's quality and worth a little and puts a damper on otherwise enjoyable content. Still, I did like the scenes that weren't begging me to go play their other game and I am really looking forward to how IX's gaze will play out.

All in all, pretty good and I hope they can nail the story on the next planet as well.

On a side note, I'm excited for what Super Break will mean for a character like Xueyi as a Xueyi Truther.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Another 2.2 story question. For those who finished it (I'm almost done).

I'm about to head to the "real" final confrontation, or return to the stage as the game is saying. So want to make sure I understand this right before (what I assume is) the ending.

Basically everything we've played through in Penacony has actually been within Ena's dream. Or chronologically speaking, 2.0 mostly begins after we lost the battle with Sunday and became trapped in the dream.

Correct?