ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'm tempted to build Xueyi but she seems like a pain to build, and I only have her at E2.
Yeah E6 is apparently very big for her.

But on the building side it's not as bad as it looks. It's about as painful as a traditional crit DPS.

Again haven't built her myself so grain of salt, but from showcases I've seen you just want to build her for crit with the quantum set + break effect rope.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah E6 is apparently very big for her.

But on the building side it's not as bad as it looks. It's about as painful as a traditional crit DPS.

Again haven't built her myself so grain of salt, but from showcases I've seen you just want to build her for crit with the quantum set + break effect rope.
Thats the ideal but funny enough the gear I got for her the crit and crit DMG rolls were meh for now but her break effect is so high she's still slapping out 100k+ ults on average

She scales all the way up to 240% break effect which is absurd

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is that everyone outside the express is undercooked in belebog. I really did not care about what was happening until the finale cause the writing was just not there.

Hoping penaconys style of writing continues. With some minor adjustments it'll be even better

Yeah Penacony arc blows Belabog out of the water.

I still might give the edge to Wildfire as it's more memorable.

I think the complaints about Sunday are a tad overblown when you have Cocolia as a generic one note villain.

Sunday didn't even want to fight and spent all that dialogue trying to convince everyone.

Cocolia took Bronya on a little trip and made the lamest excuses on how she's right.

Yeah Cocolia you're supposed to uphold the preservation, your fortress is literally named after Qlipoth but the Stellaron("cancer of all worlds") is correct lol.

Between the two, Sunday was more interesting as a villain who thinks they're the hero.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
Not being able to transfer my mobile account to PS5 without losing all progress in Genshin is so infuriating. What the hell were they thinking with this..

I just wanna play the damn game on a big screen

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Not being able to transfer my mobile account to PS5 without losing all progress in Genshin is so infuriating. What the hell were they thinking with this..

I just wanna play the damn game on a big screen
If all else fails you could just create a new PSN account solely for Genshin but yeah, their account linking is super inconvenient.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I just assume people don't want anything beyond a generic by the numbers shonen plot if they think belabog is still the best

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018
If they went back to the Belobog "style" of writing after Penacony I would find that way less engaging.

(I've loved all three arcs though, Xianzhou included)

J-Shy

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Nearly finished exploring and taking care of all the post story quests in Penacony. It's been fun, going to miss this place.

Also I gotta say, tell me I'm not the only one who, while exploring the Grand Theatre for the first time, got big Ganondorf's castle vibes. The music, design of the area, and Sunday's monologue all brought me back to going through Ocarina of Time's final dungeon for the first time. Really loved that whole area, was such an awesome lead up to the final battle.
I though this was a beautiful image. I edited out the UID, in case anyone wants it, maybe as a background:

53715936505_a891747ba7_o.png
Thanks for this, new wallpaper!

Last edited:

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The biggest weakness of anything post belabog is the main story doesn't feel super cohesive on it's own between patches due to them expecting you to do everything else in the down time as the in-between story. Purely sticking to the main story has weird gaps not in belabog because it was written as something to be done all at once with side stuff as a bonus

Karew

Jul 5, 2022
Belobog's story was fine and appropriate for an early planet but doing more of that now would be stunningly boring.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Belobog's story was fine and appropriate for an early planet but doing more of that now would be stunningly boring.
Agreed, honestly I'd love for them to keep trying different story telling methods and themes between the planets. Kinda like how one piece shifts themes around quite a bit

Oct 28, 2017
Sometimes I feel like the only person who appreciates the Herta Space Station. I don't know why, but I think the entire vibe is very Phantasy Star and that automatically made me fall in love with HSR from the jump. I like how silly some of their quests are too. I know it is the baby tutorial level, but I can't help myself.

I also started on like official Day 2 and that sense of Exploration and figuring out how the game works was thrilling, banging my head on elite chest guards and finding rewards that took multiple days to fully unlock were excellent.

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
Welp this MOC ended by streak of 3 starring MOC 12. Can't even 3 star MOC 11. Not having a quantom dpc has really screwed me over for MOC11 2nd half.

As for MOC 12, fuck Gepard and his overly inflated hp.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Sometimes I feel like the only person who appreciates the Herta Space Station. I don't know why, but I think the entire vibe is very Phantasy Star and that automatically made me fall in love with HSR from the jump. I like how silly some of their quests are too. I know it is the baby tutorial level, but I can't help myself.

I also started on like official Day 2 and that sense of Exploration and figuring out how the game works was thrilling, banging my head on elite chest guards and finding rewards that took multiple days to fully unlock were excellent.

I loved going back there ahead of Penacony. Exploring the section of the station without power and fighting invisible enemies was a lot of fun.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Penacony > Belobog > Luofu

Penacony is one of the bets worlds created for sure, so lively and attractive yet mysterious and gloomy. I don't know about the past ones but they are equally bad for me. I didn't enjoyy exploring both at all. I hope the upcoming worlds will be better but reading the leaks, I don't have high hopes. :/

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017

Nah, the Space Station is great. Visually it's a bit unimpressive, but the vibes are immaculate - all of the silly secret side stuff sold me on the game back in the day. And it has some great tracks.
Also, Woobaboos.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
any location run by Kuru Kuru is automatically the best

5 star Kuru Kuru (ie the real version of Herta) is probably my most anticapted i just want to see what the character looks like. Second would be Diamond but they feel like they will be years and years away.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
The next ipc team with Jade and the rest of the stonehearts is something i am looking forward to but yeah thats is probably years away

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Penacony is the best planet theyve done by far. Its so much more interesting than Belobog and the Luofu its not even funny. Herta Space Station is cool too, but short. The Master Control Zone has great vibes.
In space, no one can hear your weeping over bad relic rolls, but we share your pain.
Its a pain we all know

Last edited:

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I tried the tracker for the first time. It doesn't go over 6 months so that Clara looks great but that was another hard pity.

starrailstation-warp-11.png

Can't complain too much with the 50/50s treating me generally well. Still, I deserved that Topaz.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just assume people don't want anything beyond a generic by the numbers shonen plot if they think belabog is still the best
Eh, I feel the story being done in one go and being generally shorter made people like it more.

For me, the highs of Penocony far succeed anything in Belobog, but the lows are worst than anything in Belobog. Belobog is just overall more consistent. That and I have a general hatred of fake out deaths, especially in what starts as a whodunnit.

All that leads Belobog to edging it out for me barely, though I appreciate what they did with Penocony's story and hope they continue to improve in the future. The Aventurine stuff is by far the best writing I've seen in the game, while anytime Acheron opens her mouth for word salad, I want to quit.

We can all agree that Luofu is the worst though.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Xueyi is like any other hypercarry, simply break effect was not a dead stat like it could be for an Argenti or a Blade for instance: the only marginal difference is to use an atk orb and a break effect rope instead of a dmg boost orb and an atk rope. Now that Super Break is a thing, she is just ten times better.
Also today I got my Xueyi to E3, I'm risking on Topaz's banner but right now it really feels good.

Also, the standard banner pity gave me Himeko E1 and I'm not mad about it, even if I would have preferred another Bronya's LC or Bronya/Welt E1. Anything that is not related to those characters is meaningless to me at this point; I really wanted Gepard in the past, but now that i have Aventurine it feels redundant.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019

Because that's what the writers are capable of handling, anything beyond that is a total mess
I'd prefer something simple that works than 7 turgid hours of word salad with 0 emotional impact

For me part one of Penacony was the game at its best before fucking it all up

If the writing in Luofu and the last part of Penacony was in any other form of media nobody would think that shit was good

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I really think Belobog was even worse than Xianzhou Luofu. It was just standard JRPG fare that we knew since the 90s, no surprises. Really predictable.

I mean I know more about Mikhail than Cocolia, even just with the event we had.

Last edited:

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Welp this MOC ended by streak of 3 starring MOC 12. Can't even 3 star MOC 11. Not having a quantom dpc has really screwed me over for MOC11 2nd half.

As for MOC 12, fuck Gepard and his overly inflated hp.

Isn't Kafka the boss in MOC 12? I guess you're talking about MOC 11 still.

Hoyo is evil

1st half: Firefly and Ruan Mei, 2nd half: Jade and Argenti

New rumors? The previous was:

Firefly / Argenti
Jade / Huohuo

Tbf, I can see them do that because of the limited team comps available for Firefly.

Apr 24, 2024
If all else fails you could just create a new PSN account solely for Genshin but yeah, their account linking is super inconvenient.
I did this, its not a big deal. I thought the PS5 version was coming much sooner than it did and when they said it wasn't dropping for another 6 months or so, I said screw it and set up a PC acct. This was also at the time of the Kafka patch and I wasn't going to miss her. When the PS5 version dropped, I found I could not add it to my main acct that had GI, so just created a new acct. Only thing that sucks is if they do any PSN specials like they do for GI, I cannot take advantage of those.

So I got Topaz's LC and finished the story, and I'm about 20 pity into Robins banner. If I get her, yay, but otherwise I'm fine getting FX when the banner switches. I'll save my lat 2 swipe bonuses for Firefly and maybe Jade.
Did some artifact farming for CHAR fine turning. The one thing I noticed is I can never get the ATK% substat to increase on anyone ever for any reason. I have better luck with the CD and CR substats increasing. As suck, a lot of my DPS characters have attacks in the 23-2500 range and its so hard to get anything to raise those numbers.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
I just got Yanqing's LC. Break it to me everyone - is it good for anyone?

It's functional as just a stat stick for any Hunt character, but performs pretty badly otherwise.

Like you shouldn't be having massive Crit issues if your character is built properly, so all of that stuff is pretty wasted. And even if it's not, it's only 1 in 3 turns.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Is there anyone besides me that because some of the characters talk slow (like Acheron) that it actually makes it harder to understand what they're saying? The way my mind works is when speech is slower it's harder for me to pick up on what's being communicated. In fact sometimes when listening to podcasts or some non-fiction material I'll speed it up and I'm able to grasp it better.

Kind of the opposite I guess from how others might be where they appreciate the slower communication, but for me with a game whose story is as complex as this, the slower dialog can make me struggle more with comprehension.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK

It's functional as just a stat stick for any Hunt character, but performs pretty badly otherwise.

Like you shouldn't be having massive Crit issues if your character is built properly, so all of that stuff is pretty wasted. And even if it's not, it's only 1 in 3 turns.

Well, you gave it to me straight. I can't ask for more than that.

*cries*

Well, my climb back up to the summit of the standard banner pity mountain starts now.

Apr 24, 2024
I think I need a good lore companion for HSR to get the most of the story. I'm not always clear on what they intend the paths to be or what they really want them to represent. It seems intentionally nebulous so they can try to not write themselves into a corner but it doesn't always work. I've heard some complaints where some people feel the overall world building is kinda sloppy, nowhere as tight at Genshin. But Genshin borrows a ton of established lore and folk tales. HSR is the 19 year old liberal arts student discovering Carl Jung and Eastern Religion at the same time and trying to figure out like what it all means, maaaaaaaaaaaaan

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This MoC, could try for less cycles but I don't feel like it.
xAd9u9j.png

It was nice to use my recent Jingliu somewhere. I should really get Bronya to 80 like everyone else.

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017
I watched Molly Zhang (Seele's VA) play the end of 2.2 last night and it reinforced my understanding of what happened there.
Black Swan's realization is just that the "real" hotel is also part of the Dreamscape. There's no suggestion that anything prior to the first fight with Sunday wasn't real. The place was always rich in memoria and the Stellaron was somehow causing reality and dream to mix. The Family, influenced by Order because of the Dreammaster, was somehow siphoning people's ambition and whatnot and deriving some kind of power from that. During the first fight with Sunday, March mentions that she feels Sunday trying to tune the party and that she sees another world. Then you enter Sunday's illusion. What characterizes the Order dream is that everything works out great for you and there is no conflict at all, like the IPC agreeing to back off and Screwllum and Ratio being friends. The people in this dream are often not real -- it might be that all the actual people are having separate Order dreams. Jing Yuan is certainly not actually present. Acheron is so untouchable by this power that no one in the false dream can even remember her. Later you run into Robin and she explains that she independently woke up from the Order dream because, in hers, Sunday agreed with her views on birds and she realized that that wasn't like him.
Overall I thought the Penacony story was pretty solid. 2.0 was the most fun but also the easiest to pull off as a writer. 2.1 works pretty well if you regard it as Aventurine's character quest even if not much actually happened. 2.2 felt a little sloppy with the setup, and the audition sequence was kind of a mess, but the ending was great.

It's got the usual anime writing sins. There were bits where I'd let the dialogue go while doing something on the other monitor. But of course if you don't spell things out repeatedly and clearly you get people not understanding what happened like with the spoiler above.

Blank

Oct 27, 2017

There's some semi-niche upside here. Multi-hit attacks (like Seele's 3 hit skill), if the first hit doesn't crit the next 2 will get the buff. Any followups will also get the buff and the effect will end at the END of your next turn. So as a random 'best case scenario' (heavy use of air quotes here) you could do something like Dr Ratio skill (no crit) follow up gets crit bonus. Next turn, you get crit bonus on both skill + follow up attack. 3rd turn -> won't proc/no bonus. 4th turn -> repeat.

But yeah, unless you're incapable of pulling Swordplay no one really wants this LC.

Apr 24, 2024
I watched Molly Zhang (Seele's VA) play the end of 2.2 last night and it reinforced my understanding of what happened there.
Black Swan's realization is just that the "real" hotel is also part of the Dreamscape. There's no suggestion that anything prior to the first fight with Sunday wasn't real. The place was always rich in memoria and the Stellaron was somehow causing reality and dream to mix. The Family, influenced by Order because of the Dreammaster, was somehow siphoning people's ambition and whatnot and deriving some kind of power from that. During the first fight with Sunday, March mentions that she feels Sunday trying to tune the party and that she sees another world. Then you enter Sunday's illusion. What characterizes the Order dream is that everything works out great for you and there is no conflict at all, like the IPC agreeing to back off and Screwllum and Ratio being friends. The people in this dream are often not real -- it might be that all the actual people are having separate Order dreams. Jing Yuan is certainly not actually present. Acheron is so untouchable by this power that no one in the false dream can even remember her. Later you run into Robin and she explains that she independently woke up from the Order dream because, in hers, Sunday agreed with her views on birds and she realized that that wasn't like him.
Overall I thought the Penacony story was pretty solid. 2.0 was the most fun but also the easiest to pull off as a writer. 2.1 works pretty well if you regard it as Aventurine's character quest even if not much actually happened. 2.2 felt a little sloppy with the setup, and the audition sequence was kind of a mess, but the ending was great.

It's got the usual anime writing sins. There were bits where I'd let the dialogue go while doing something on the other monitor. But of course if you don't spell things out repeatedly and clearly you get people not understanding what happened like with the spoiler above.
I watched her play through 2.1 and at one point she was like "I'm so confused, like I feel stupid" I was like, right there with you, girl

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Easiest MoC 12 in a while. They should retire Kafka as a boss, she has always been a joke. DHIL destroys her and Boothill is just going to nuke her from the screen.