Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
How do you people even see your damage numbers? Sure, they pop up on the screen when doing damage, but it's just a huge clustered mess of multicolored numbers that disappear before my brain even realizes they are there. There's got to be a better way since everyone keeps talking about the damage numbers they are dealing... right?

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
How do you people even see your damage numbers? Sure, they pop up on the screen when doing damage, but it's just a huge clustered mess of multicolored numbers that disappear before my brain even realizes they are there. There's got to be a better way since everyone keeps talking about the damage numbers they are dealing... right?
You get a total in the top right

Apr 24, 2024
BTW is there a way to see which of your 3 guest characters people use the most? I'd like to swap some of them out but I know from my own experience that there are certain ones I like to use when farming relics or talent materials. I had to retire my Jingliu after her re-run because I wasn't getting any money. Put in my Himeko and started getting a lot of money again. There's also been a renewed interest in RM with HTB so she might be the money maker. My Topaz is pretty good but since people have the opportunity to wish for her I'm thinking of retiring her. I'd rather not if people are still using her though

Oct 26, 2017
Hoyo is evil

1st half: Firefly and Ruan Mei, 2nd half: Jade and Argenti

If this turns out to be true I'm even more convinced that Firefly won't receive any changes I'm personally looking for in beta.

Reasoning below

If you want to get the most out of Firefly right now you need to run HMC. Because Firefly doesn't have her own form of triggered Break DMG like Boothill does in his kit.

This means you need to rely on Super Break completely to do any type of Break DMG outside of the initial Break hit upon reducing the toughness bar to 0.

Super Break scales off of the toughness damage inflicted by the attack which Ruan Mei buffs with her Weakness Break Efficiency buff she grants to the team which increases Super Break damage by a lot.

While everyone can get something from Ruan Mei's buffs Firefly is more dependent on it and HMC's contribution because she has an incomplete kit and having to rely on Super Break provided by the HMC's Ultimate that is heavily buffed by Weakness Break Efficiency buff.

Putting both of these characters on the same banner creates a strong incentive to pull both of them if you want Firefly to do any damage.

If they were to give Firefly her own form of triggered Break DMG like Boothill then it would diminish the incentive to also pull Ruan Mei because she won't be desired as much even though she still provides strong buffs it's not bringing up Firefly's base performance as much.

TLDR buffing Firefly will result in less pulling/sales in this banner and it's good that she's bad or made worse from a money making perspective to increase pulling incentive. Firefly has stans as well who will defend anything as well because love for fictional characters messes with the capacity to reason in humans so there's that too working for them.

Already seeing posts that go like "don't worry guys Firefly is good just pull both characters!".

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Hoyo is evil

1st half: Firefly and Ruan Mei, 2nd half: Jade and Argenti

Oof
On one hand I don't have Ruan Mei and would certainly like her. On the other I would really prefer to only be wanting to roll for Firefly and just have her come back another time.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Other than the continuous blabbering, I thought that all three main arcs are really, really good.
THe Loufu is constantly criticized, but I feel like part of it is due to the way they split the whole story in multiple patches with no reasons at all. I enjoyed the scene-to-scene story, all in all. It's probably the one that I like less as well, but the characters were all so good in all the interactions. The luck of having Jing Yuan, Dan Hang, Welt and the such interacting is huge for me.

Belobog is reallly good because it has the best pacing and the most straightforward story, but the final boss of 2.2 is miles and miles ahead in terms of depth compared to Cocolia, it's like night and day. Penacony employed way too much dialogue with so many unnecessary concepts that give us a resemblance of depth and lore, but the way it's presented discourage the player to go and actually interact with it. If they need to talk this much, we need more cutscenes at least.

I do think Star Rail will improve in the future on this regard, though.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
Tthe dialog in Penacony really just comes off as someone on the writing staff took an online philosophy course and really wanted to share what they learned. That said I really liked pretty much everything about Aventurine and his story was better than a lot of what these writers have done in the past, genuinely glad I pulled for him.

I'll be honest though, I'm surprised people don't seem to like events in Star Rail, the big ones have all been ideas that I have quite enjoyed, the Pokémon battle sim, rebuilding the museum and now the theatre, helping the merchants in Loufu, Ruan Mei's creature breeder, I think it's a shame that they didn't do more with some of these features. I seems like it would be a piece of cake to continue adding new character themed lifeforms, and the Pokemon thing could have allowed for a non P2W pvp mechanic.

In general though I've come to the conclusion that there is a portion of the audience who just do not care about additions to the game that aren't 100% combat focused.

Oct 26, 2017
The writing is bloated in part because they like to stuff a ton of similes and metaphors in the character dialogue.

That's fine for a particular character or two having that as a character trait.

But when everyone does it it's bad imo.

It's a thing I've noticed with some games, where the writer has a problem with transplanting a character trait onto every character instead of it just being something a few characters have due to their personality.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
If this turns out to be true I'm even more convinced that Firefly won't receive any changes I'm personally looking for in beta.

Reasoning below

If you want to get the most out of Firefly right now you need to run HMC. Because Firefly doesn't have her own form of triggered Break DMG like Boothill does in his kit.

This means you need to rely on Super Break completely to do any type of Break DMG outside of the initial Break hit upon reducing the toughness bar to 0.

Super Break scales off of the toughness damage inflicted by the attack which Ruan Mei buffs with her Weakness Break Efficiency buff she grants to the team which increases Super Break damage by a lot.

While everyone can get something from Ruan Mei's buffs Firefly is more dependent on it and HMC's contribution because she has an incomplete kit and having to rely on Super Break provided by the HMC's Ultimate that is heavily buffed by Weakness Break Efficiency buff.

Putting both of these characters on the same banner creates a strong incentive to pull both of them if you want Firefly to do any damage.

If they were to give Firefly her own form of triggered Break DMG like Boothill then it would diminish the incentive to also pull Ruan Mei because she won't be desired as much even though she still provides strong buffs it's not bringing up Firefly's base performance as much.

TLDR buffing Firefly will result in less pulling/sales in this banner and it's good that she's bad or made worse from a money making perspective to increase pulling incentive. Firefly has stans as well who will defend anything as well because love for fictional characters messes with the capacity to reason in humans so there's that too working for them.

Already seeing posts that go like "don't worry guys Firefly is good just pull both characters!".

Yeah, that's an angle I've been considering.

Would really prefer some improvements that would allow FF to do great damage without needing HMC so much. Them working well together is fine and all but it should be more of just a general boost to her overall kit rather than being an aspect cut out of it and foisted onto another character.

But the money angle I could totally see even if HMC is a free character.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Penacony arc blows Belabog out of the water.

I still might give the edge to Wildfire as it's more memorable.

I think the complaints about Sunday are a tad overblown when you have Cocolia as a generic one note villain.

Sunday didn't even want to fight and spent all that dialogue trying to convince everyone.

Cocolia took Bronya on a little trip and made the lamest excuses on how she's right.

Yeah Cocolia you're supposed to uphold the preservation, your fortress is literally named after Qlipoth but the Stellaron("cancer of all worlds") is correct lol.

Between the two, Sunday was more interesting as a villain who thinks they're the hero.
It was a very good take on a megalomaniac. Someone whose crazy but whole heartedly believes what they're doing is correct. So much so they'll do anything to level the playing field.

The biggest weakness of anything post belabog is the main story doesn't feel super cohesive on it's own between patches due to them expecting you to do everything else in the down time as the in-between story. Purely sticking to the main story has weird gaps not in belabog because it was written as something to be done all at once with side stuff as a bonus
It did make me consider popping open the SU lore finally. Which i think is where the writing suffers the most. Huge lore dumps in all the SU writing.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
Belobog would've been so much better if we had seen ANYTHING of Cocolia pre-stellaron. All the Svarog stuff felt much more engaging imo.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
threw some random stuff i had off characters i don't use anymore and it somehow worked out. Though i need to grind for attack boots
Robin-5-13-2024-18-25-51.png

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the new FUA set coming in 2.3, is it worth holding off on farming for Arch Duke for Jade for the new set?

Not really sure what to do with my fuel asides from optimize my current characters, but I think I will go insane if I keep grinding Pioneer/Watchmaker

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the new FUA set coming in 2.3, is it worth holding off on farming for Arch Duke for Jade for the new set?

Not really sure what to do with my fuel asides from optimize my current characters, but I think I will go insane if I keep grinding Pioneer/Watchmaker
Jade is going to want both the new relic set and the new planars. I reccomend saving up your immserifiers just before patch so you can get new planars

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019

From what I've seen, I don't think Jade does enough hits to max out the stacks on the FUA set, so you'll want the new set.

Oct 25, 2017
Jade is going to want both the new relic set and the new planars. I reccomend saving up your immserifiers just before patch so you can get new planars

From what I've seen, I don't think Jade does enough hits to max out the stacks on the FUA set, so you'll want the new set.

You think those plannars would also be good on Topaz? I need a better sphere for her and am using Salsatto. But dunno if I should hold off farming and just use fuel to have upgrade mats prepped. I do have 2 resin, but I am fear installed on using them because of the high likely hood of getting terrible substats.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
You think those plannars would also be good on Topaz? I need a better sphere for her and am using Salsatto. But dunno if I should hold off farming and just use fuel to have upgrade mats prepped. I do have 2 resin, but I am fear installed on using them because of the high likely hood of getting terrible substats.

Sorry, was talking about the Archduke set.

The new planar set should be the best options for Jade, Topaz, Dr. Ratio and Clara - basically anyone who has most of their damage come from FUAs and has enough FUA frequency to max it out pretty quickly.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Harmony experiment sans Firefly/Boothill was....ROUGH on MoC 12 lower half.

Harmony MC doing ~70k super break on Kafka with 316% break damage (admittedly due to some of the 'bounces' hitting the add-on elite) + Ruan Mei Res-pen with level 80/80 cone, and level 11 ult (of which I'm pretty sure the ult doesn't for their own personal damage at all)

Gallagher is doing maybe 20k for basics, 35k for ults, and 60-75ish k for enhanced basics.

Ruan Mei is doing ~20k, and my final (admittedly not helping much) Blade was doing 15-ishk 'additional' damage on top of his regular so-so damage (I probably should have just brought Xueyi, or maybe Sampo/BS for faster breaks)

I'll try it again with Xueyi, maybe - still got within 10 turns, but was by the skin of my teeth.

Also, the enemy health pools in 11/12 are getting absolutely insane.

edit:

Just brute-forced bottom half with BS/Kafka, lol - way faster.

Last edited:

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The full FuA team is absolutely hilarious, super fun to pilot too.

hBe2Ptl.png

Took me like 6 cycles on the Acheron side. Felt pretty painless overall but the HP was definitely getting high.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
I have a good Topaz, a decent Aventurine and Ratio, and an absolutely slapped together Robin but FuA is still a ton of fun. Gonna probably focus on getting better relics for them this patch.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Well I went all in on it so it basically needed to be or I was going to have some regret but yes, FUA team is definitely the most fun comp I've played. Targeting choices and timing seem to matter a bit more than all the others I've seen/played and it absolutely trucks when working.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Rumors are out for the next banners.

Hope you guys like Space China because it looks like we will be there a while.

Screwllum is Imaginary Erudition finallt filling out the last Imaginary spot.

Jioqiu is Fire nihility amd seems heavily tied into the Firefly mono fire build. Sounds like Pela on steroids.

Fiaoxiu and Yunli are the rumored 2.5 banners. One sounds like a physical Clara like preservation probably for Boothill builds.

The other launches missiles that debuff and enters a special state(?). No clue who that might be for.

Last edited:

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Question for those that played HI3rd. I haven't finished 2.2 yet (stuck on the final boss) but I assume this question can be answered safely with the story that's been revealed so far. Also I played up to chapter 32 of HI3.

Are we supposed to assume that Acheron/Raiden Mei is the same Mei from HI3rd, that ended up on a different branch of the imaginary tree? The conversation between her and Welt suggests both of them are the same characters as HI3

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
Question for those that played HI3rd. I haven't finished 2.2 yet (stuck on the final boss) but I assume this question can be answered safely with the story that's been revealed so far. Also I played up to chapter 32 of HI3.

Are we supposed to assume that Acheron is the same Raiden Mei from HI3rd, that ended up on a different branch of the imaginary tree? The conversation between her and Welt suggests both of them are the same characters as HI3
Yes, the implication is that Acheron's home world was a version of Earth as seen in Honkai 3. It was not a bubble universe, because there were no indications that it was unstable in itself, leaving another branch of the imaginary tree as the only remaining possibility.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Rumors are out for the next banners.

Hope you guys like Space China because it looks like we will be there a while.

Screwllum is Imaginary Erudition finallt filling out the last Imaginary spot.

Jioqiu is Fire nihility amd seems heavily tied into the Firefly mono fire build. Sounds like Pela on steroids.

Fiaoxiu and Yunli are the rumored 2.5 banners. One sounds like a physical Clara like preservation probably for Boothill builds.

The other launches missiles that debuff and enters a special state(?). No clue who that might be for.

The new nihility unit being AoE Def shred makes sense, as that's one of the only other things that affects the super-break damage

Otherwise, I think we've known via leaks that we'll be back on
one of the new Xianzhou ships for possibly the rest of 2.x, yeah - IIRC it's supposed to be Sushang's worldship, and/or the prison worldship where Jingliu and Luocha are currently stationed?