Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Xueyi is fun
I have 4 😭😭😭

I only wanted 1 but
qs2bSDt.png

54 Pity and I don't have Topaz or Robin so I don't really want their LC. I'll just hope it randomly shows up in my 2.3 pulls like Misha LC did but I had that one.

It's not like I would use it with Acheron already having her signature LC.

toadkarter

Oct 2, 2020
Having a bit of trouble with the Argenti boss in the new patch, anyone have any tips on who to build? I feel like I can barely get their ads down before they summon more.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
There's obviously rumours swirling around of returning to a previous region for a prolonged story and I for one, really welcome that approach.

I made a post in the GI thread the other day saying I was longing for a little bit of novelty in the content distribution in that game. It's a new area every other patch, the same festivals, mini games, etc.

It's become clockwork. Regions host events but nothing ever really moves forward and it feels like each nation is in stasis, telling fluffy temporary stories that disappear after a couple of weeks.

I loved the approach of 1.X in Star Rail where we revisited old areas for new meaningful stories, which unlocked new areas and moved the characters forward.

I also love how this content dovetailed into big, meaty, permanent events.

So what would I love even more than that? Well, just not doing that again. The idea of going back to an old area for a chunky new story, with new characters, sounds awesome to me.

I don't want this game to forget its casts and keep moving on, discarding characters, only to bring them back for limited events where they get ten lines of dialogue and then disappear for years.

The biggest strength of this game - or one of them - is that it's got an erratic playful energy. You don't know what the devs are going to do next.

Let's give March a new path, likely linked to some upcoming story involvement? Awesome.

A multi-patch story (even if it's just two) in an old location? Sign me up.

A random endgame drop, more SU updates, a pokemon event, ghost-hunting shenanigans with a whole social media built around it? Please go on.

I do wonder how long they'll be able to keep it going. But for me, I just welcome them continuing to do something different. I really appreciate that novelty.

It doesn't feel like they've made a formula yet in the same way GI has, and long may that continue.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
I loved the approach of 1.X in Star Rail where we revisited old areas for new meaningful stories, which unlocked new areas and moved the characters forward.

I don't really think this will change moving forward.

Even if we end up on a new Xianzhou ship every major version number, I fully expect to see the Luofu characters show up for both main story and events.

Obviously they're teasing another Belobog continuance, and I'm sure we'll get a Penacony Continuance, as well. One of these may not be in 2.x, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if Herta Station is "done" story-wise, with the exception of Simulated Universe stuff. Of course they can surprise us, but just don't see a ton of story potential there compared to other areas.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Not being able to transfer my mobile account to PS5 without losing all progress in Genshin is so infuriating. What the hell were they thinking with this..

I just wanna play the damn game on a big screen

What problem are you having? Did you accidentally start a new game and linked your PSN account to a new Genshin account? It didn't used to be possible but it is now possible to delink a PSN account these days. I did it last year when I tried to go back to Genshin.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
What problem are you having? Did you accidentally start a new game and linked your PSN account to a new Genshin account? It didn't used to be possible but it is now possible to delink a PSN account these days. I did it last year when I tried to go back to Genshin.

I want to keep my Genshin account on my PSN while simultaneously adding Honkai to it.

But that is apparently not possible. So I have to choose one or the other.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I want to keep my Genshin account on my PSN while simultaneously adding Honkai to it.

But that is apparently not possible. So I have to choose one or the other.
Ok that's odd.

For me, my PSN was linked a different Genshin Impact account (let's call this account 2) because I accidentally started a new game when the game first came out.

And for reasons that I can't remember, I could not get my original Genshin Impact (account 1) game onto another PSN account.

But last year what I did was I linked account 2 to a new Mihoyo account, and unlinked my PSN from account 2. And I deleted account 2.

After that I managed to get my original account onto my PSN. I wonder if there's a similar process for Honkai Star Rail.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
2UDgTQs.jpeg
You know Luofu's story/narrative is something else when a shitpost make you better understand/ make more sense of high cloud quintets' storyline than 3 patch and nearly 6 hours of gameplay combined.
I legit laughed because this
1) Actually put Luofu into context in 30 seconds that I got none of on my playthrough.
2) Makes me respect/disrespect Jing Yuan all the more. Just imaging him chilling in the background as all this shit goes down is hilarious.

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
uh been lucky this current banner, won both the 50/50 in Robin and Topaz, so for Topaz, which is better? E1 or S1?

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Final Victor is a really good cone for Topaz with more or less guaranteed high uptime, so I would say her E1 is a much more substantial upgrade. But yeah, S1 is much safer to go for.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I will still hate hate how this and Genshin love to force you into story stuff. Unless it's a specific story mission your already in, you should always need to talk to an NPC to begin a story.

I just wanted to do MoC, I hadn't started the latest story content yet but now I'm forced into it cause I had the audacity to go to the ship.

Edit: This cutscene feels like it's goddamn 20 minutes long, I just wanted to do MoC...

Last edited:

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
Final Victor is a really good cone for Topaz with more or less guaranteed high uptime, so I would say her E1 is a much more substantial upgrade. But yeah, S1 is much safer to go for.

Oh, I had never really looked at Final Victor, and damn that's a great LC for her - 14% over Cruising the Stellar Sea from a completely F2P LC is legit nuts.

Definitely makes me lean more towards E1.

Last edited:

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
Really trying to stop myself from rolling on Topaz and Robin. I love Ratio and FUA team seems great but I need to hold off for Firefly.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
I will still hate hate how this and Genshin love to force you into story stuff. Unless it's a specific story mission your already in, you should always need to talk to an NPC to begin a story.

I just wanted to do MoC, I hadn't started the latest story content yet but now I'm forced into it cause I had the audacity to go to the ship.

Edit: This cutscene feels like it's goddamn 20 minutes long, I just wanted to do MoC...
Yeah, it sucks, especially because they love putting all these auto-trigger quests in places you have to go frequently. Luckily this time I saw someone here warned that the new story is triggered immediately if you go to the express and it's pretty long so I could set aside sufficient time for when I go there.

Genshin recently introduced "focused mode" for quests and that prevents NPCs and locations to be "engaged" and that made me think that they should add "focused mode" for when you just want to do non-quest stuff too and make it so that you can't trigger any quest when this mode is on.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Having gotten Robin E1S1 and Topaz E1S1 all I can say is worth it. Well likely be my go to PF team for a long time.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
how does it compare to Only Silence Remains, i have E5 on that
Final Victor is about a 10% increase over Silence, and that's assuming 100% uptime on Silence. It's also really easy to S5, you can get two copies for free by getting all origami birds in Reverie Dreamscape and Clock Studios, and the rest can be gotten from the MoC shop.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
lol I got Topaz's LC 2 hours ago 😭

I won't pull for Robin because I already have RM, Bronya and Hanabi
What I need is a hard carry, male DPS are mid so it will probably be Firefly over Boothill

I regret not planning for Acheron, her technique is OP. I will burn my ftp badge for that

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure who to grind for now, mostly happy with my main characters relics, maybe the dot characters could be a bit better, and no real desire to build any more characters atm, even the hatblazer as fun as they look. Cant even pre farm Jade since i think her relics/traces arent coming until next patch.

wiQ1DoL.png

2x2D53f.png

OwqaYDz.png

wqT9sSK.png

ECneKRF.png

SzcbLaD.png

J2umRyX.png

cUJWre1.png

iTgLb1i.png

jthAVjR.png

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Ok that's odd.

For me, my PSN was linked a different Genshin Impact account (let's call this account 2) because I accidentally started a new game when the game first came out.

And for reasons that I can't remember, I could not get my original Genshin Impact (account 1) game onto another PSN account.

But last year what I did was I linked account 2 to a new Mihoyo account, and unlinked my PSN from account 2. And I deleted account 2.

After that I managed to get my original account onto my PSN. I wonder if there's a similar process for Honkai Star Rail.

Everything regarding the account system is so confusing to me. I wanted to link my mobile with my PSN but I guess that just isn't possible despite me trying to work through it.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah this is genuinely rough. Even outside of the forced starts, sometimes you just talk to one person and it thrusts you into a ton of back to back cutscenes without ever giving you control back for a good stopping point. This patch felt particularly bad about that with some PoV switching + flashback scenes where you never control anyone all grouping together.

Pretty sure anyone who stopped on the train before the patch hit instantly had to watch all of those scenes too.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Anyone else have "I wish I had 2 Aventurine" issues

I was very lucky to have not started this patch on the train lol

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I started the patch on the train you son of a nice lady!

I don't really think this will change moving forward.

Even if we end up on a new Xianzhou ship every major version number, I fully expect to see the Luofu characters show up for both main story and events.

Obviously they're teasing another Belobog continuance, and I'm sure we'll get a Penacony Continuance, as well. One of these may not be in 2.x, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if Herta Station is "done" story-wise, with the exception of Simulated Universe stuff. Of course they can surprise us, but just don't see a ton of story potential there compared to other areas.

I just hope we revisit these places from time to time and they aren't forgot about. 1.X gave us that and it looks like 2.X might build on that by telling a really meaty story in an old place.

That's cool and I hope it's the standard. I know that'll become more difficult as time goes on, but I hope they pull it off.

It was cool to see Topaz in Penacony. She should appear in every new world!

Apr 24, 2024
Final Victor is about a 10% increase over Silence, and that's assuming 100% uptime on Silence. It's also really easy to S5, you can get two copies for free by getting all origami birds in Reverie Dreamscape and Clock Studios, and the rest can be gotten from the MoC shop.
I have one of those, would that be better for Ratio? My Stellar Sea is locked to Seele right now and I have the YangQiQi cone on Ratio for the moment

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
I have one of those, would that be better for Ratio? My Stellar Sea is locked to Seele right now and I have the YangQiQi cone on Ratio for the moment
Don't think so, Ratio deals few but strong blows, Topaz instead deals multiple instances of dmg in her skill.
Yanqing's cone is not ideal for the same reason, but it would be better because it would at least guarantee that the follow-up attack from Ratio's skill will always crit when the effect activates (but then again, you want a high crit ratio with him to begin with, as you don't want to find yourself in the situation in which his FUAs don't crit). I would switch victor to Seele and give Cruising to Ratio tbh

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Everything regarding the account system is so confusing to me. I wanted to link my mobile with my PSN but I guess that just isn't possible despite me trying to work through it.
It should be possible but it depends what you're trying to do. I assume you have a Genshin account on PSN and Star Rail account on mobile? It's been a while since I had to mess with this but iirc playing from PSN without an account already registered with hoyo will have made a hoyo account for you. It IS possible to unlink this, and I beleive even relink it as needed.

Personally when I was looking into the process I decided that was far too much effort so I instead just unlinked my account from psn and started fresh on Genshin with my account made for star rail by linking that one to psn.

Iirc I actually posted the convoluted steps I went through to do this back when star rail released on ps5 in either this thread or the genshin one so I'll have a dig and see if I can find what I did in case it can help

HaywireTomato

Dec 10, 2017
how does it compare to Only Silence Remains, i have E5 on that
Final Victor might be the best F2P LC on Topaz. The crit dmg buff is basically permanent on her, you only lose it once her turn ends, but Numby can stack it up to max on its next turn, and any subsequent Numby actions get the full crit dmg buff, which lets Topaz start her turn with maximum stacks. Unless you have something like S5 Swordplay, Final Victor is probably going to be better than all the other options. The only exception is if your crit rate is abysmal and you can't stack it instantly.

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Final Victor might be the best F2P LC on Topaz. The crit dmg buff is basically permanent on her, you only lose it once her turn ends, but Numby can stack it up to max on its next turn, and any subsequent Numby actions get the full crit dmg buff, which lets Topaz start her turn with maximum stacks. Unless you have something like S5 Swordplay, Final Victor is probably going to be better than all the other options. The only exception is if your crit rate is abysmal and you can't stack it instantly.

makes sense, still trying to build Topaz , thanks for the info guys

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OK I found the post where I'd struggled my way through it with the help of DNAbro. Can't quote it with link as its an old dead thread but here's what I'd posted after solving my issue. Hopefully it will be a start towards what you're trying to do. The account system is odd tbh.

OK! So I got my account linked finally so I'm just gonna put how just in case anyone else runs into a similar issue. DNABro was right that it was linked to a dummy account so here's how to fix that. I probably sacrificed my Genshin account this way but I've not played in a long time anyway

1. Boot up Honkai and get no log in screen? Play until you can access the menu, you already have a dummy account.
2. In the menu go to the account setting and link the PSN account to an email address that doesn't have a Hoyo account or make a throwaway to do so. It's now separated from the dummy account.
3. Log into the Hoyo website using this newly created account and from the account settings unlink the PSN account.
4. Boot up Honkai again and you'll be taken to the log in screen and can now link your mobile or PC account to PSN.
5. Log into the game and you'll now be on the correct account instead of a forced dummy account

Bear in mind I was knowingly sacrificing a Genshin account to keep a Star Rail account I was happy with, so if you're looking to keep both you'll probably need to adjust a step or two. You should be able to keep both, it's mostly a matter of unlinking from one and linking to another.

Last edited:

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No, but I'm predicting a lot of:

"I wish I had 2 Ruan Mei."
"Why did you skip Robin?"

That's kind of why I pulled for Robin. I skipped Ruan Mei because I was saving jade for Kafka and Black Swan. Ruan Mei and Robin have different strengths but overall they are very comparable to one another.

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
i'd say getting 2 from Sparkle, Ruan Mei, Robin is pretty good, unless in the future you would need 3 teams lol

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Now that I have Topaz and Robin I'm actually making an effort to build Ratio who I neglected in favor of DHIL before. And my god, I have never farmed so much without getting a single workable piece. This shit is insufferable.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Now that I have Topaz and Robin I'm actually making an effort to build Ratio who I neglected in favor of DHIL before. And my god, I have never farmed so much without getting a single workable piece. This shit is insufferable.

I was in there the moment they added it and I have never experienced such pain. The only benefit is I had a ton of spare pieces for Acheron and mountains of watchmaker pieces I haven't even sorted that will probably make great break characters.

I STILL don't have a particularly great chest piece for Ratio/Acheron which is absolutely insane for how much I've been there.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
So I was just doing the new Memory of Chaos and then also did some Pure Fiction, tossed my wishes on the banner and it seems I was at pity again after getting my Aventurine without even noticing, I was just trying to get some Hanya and Xueyi constellations and tada...

Honkai-Star-Rail-Screenshot-2024-05-14-17-19-48-60.png

Daaang, I did not expect that YAY. As a Jing Yuan main, this is awesome as she is super awesome for his teams. And my 2nd team is Aventurine/Ratio follow-up attack, so she slots in there even better.

This now gives me more flexibility in where I want to put Ruan Mei. And if I play Erudition on both sides Argenti can get Ruan Mei and Bronya and Jing Yuan Robin and Tingyun. :D Really happy with my roster now as a f2p with just some monthly passes, although now I kinda want Numby for my FUA team lol...
Screenshot-2024-05-14-173146.png

Time to read up on Prydwen how to build Robin, I have nothing prepared lol.

I also need to do the new story, have not started it yet.