Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
When you need both Robin and Topaz to make the best FUA team and both are on the same banner. That's rough. Idk which is better to pull for in this situation. Though maybe Robin then you can do Aventurine, Ratio, Clara, Robin.

Besides that Himeko and Herta are worth getting to 80 and leveling up traces, gear just for Pure Fiction.
I would echo this. Robin is a strong core for your follow-up team but is also a 5 star harmony that works in a variety of different teams, so she would be good for your account. :)

Or you can wait for Sparkle to get released and use Sparkle/Ruan Mei/Trailblazer/Sustain.

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
So in the event that I'm left at E5 Xueyi for like a year, for a break team who is my best option for Boothill at home? Sushang or Luka?

Leaning toward Luka because of the Herta LC with some nice stats.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I'm skipping Robin and will also continue to skip Ruan Nay, lol.
Sparkle is my only limited Harmony 😅.
I like Robin, but I decided to go for Topaz instead and since we are moving into uncharted territory soon I kinda want to have a pull cushion in case they randomly drop a personal must have character.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
When you need both Robin and Topaz to make the best FUA team and both are on the same banner. That's rough. Idk which is better to pull for in this situation. Though maybe Robin then you can do Aventurine, Ratio, Clara, Robin.

Besides that Himeko and Herta are worth getting to 80 and leveling up traces, gear just for Pure Fiction.

Thank you, yeah Himeko and Herta are already carrying me through PF, it's thanks to them that I could 12* it lmao, should probably max them out but i'm really low on ressources lol

I would echo this. Robin is a strong core for your follow-up team but is also a 5 star harmony that works in a variety of different teams, so she would be good for your account. :)

Or you can wait for Sparkle to get released and use Sparkle/Ruan Mei/Trailblazer/Sustain.

Welp since you both recommended her, I ended up letting fate decide and went for a 50/50 ...

Guess i'm a Robin haver now.
egY0Fdu.png

(Didn't prefarm anything, it's gonna take so long to get her up and running 😭 but I don't think i'll regret it.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Thank you, yeah Himeko and Herta are already carrying me through PF, it's thanks to them that I could 12* it lol, should probably max them out but i'm really low on ressources lol

Welp since you both recommended her, I ended up letting fate decide and went for a 50/50 ...

Guess i'm a Robin haver now.
egY0Fdu.png

(Didn't prefarm anything, it's gonna take so long to get her up and running 😭 but I don't think i'll regret it.
Congrats! Now we both got an unexpected Robin today! :D I also had nothing prefarmed, gonna take a while to get her up and running. Need to do the new story and event to get the event light cone which is good for her.

If you are gonna be building her, check out the Prydwen guide. I checked it today when I got my Robin and it helped me focus on what to aim for. :)

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Congrats! Now we both got an unexpected Robin today! :D I also had nothing prefarmed, gonna take a while to get her up and running. Need to do the new story and event to get the event light cone which is good for her.

If you are gonna be building her, check out the Prydwen guide. I checked it today when I got my Robin and it helped me focus on what to aim for. :)

Yup i'm checking that right now, thanks!!

I'm glad there's a very good free lightcone for her. 🙏

I'm just glad to be able to have 2 good buffers now, one for each team. 😭

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Yup i'm checking that right now, thanks!!

I'm glad there's a very good free lightcone for her. 🙏

I'm just glad to be able to have 2 good buffers now, one for each team. 😭
I can imagine, I feel the same way! I do have an E1 Bronya too at least, but I wanted 4 built Harmony characters for my account and I enjoy my FUA team, so Robin will be awesome. And as an added bonus, Jing Yuan is my favourite DPS and she is his best harmony too, so it's a win win for me.

I just wish I had Topaz and Numby now lol. (But to work with Ratio she needs her LC anyway) At least my Guinaifen works really well with Ratio, so I will continue using her plus I have an E6 Pela I could level.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Really? With Acheron leveling multiple characters has never been easier albeit with a time investment now.

I never realized how expensive it was to level a character to 80 until I stopped using the exp books.

Do people actually do this?

I saw a guide on doing an hourly circuit with Acheron(and trick snacks) and you can go from 70-80 in like 3 weeks if you do it daily.

I got bored 15 minutes in.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017

I saw a guide on doing an hourly circuit with Acheron(and trick snacks) and you can go from 70-80 in like 3 weeks if you do it daily.

I did it until this current patch yeah.

Its not just XP its also a lot of credits and never having to worry about those farmable mats. Not ever having to waste resin on xp/credits is nice.

billyofcourse

Jun 21, 2018
I was also doing the route until the current patch. The new maps are kind of ass to route best I can tell and I haven't bothered to figure out an efficient route for them yet that I like. Will probably start again soon, though.

Didn't mind doing it as much before I started my second f2p account. But that's now consuming a lot of my free time. May just wait until I run out of quests and events to catch up on before I start again.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Where do I find more Penacony side missions? I've done all the ones I had and my clock statue is at lvl 38.

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The new MOC is more fun than the previous one, particularly because there's no Aventurine fight. And I think this was the first time that my FUA team outperformed my DOT team.

new-moc.jpg

Looking for advice on what to pull, would like to get opinions from HSR vets

This is my current roster:

M5uVTRO.png

It's a little doodoo because I basically dropped the game in 1.0 and came back in 1.6

I managed to get my first 36* MoC clear in 2.1 thanks to Acheron (E3, got very lucky with the pulls) and Aventurine, and I also managed to 12* Pure Fiction, and 36* the current MoC

But it's HARD, i'm doing 9-10 cycles clears and have to retry a couple times, i'm looking for the most optimal things to pull to boost my account and have an easier time.

Right now i'm mostly using a mid Ratio team, and an Acheron team.

Hesitating between getting new Harmony supports, like Robin currently, since my only 5* Harmony is Ruan Mei.
Or getting a new main DPS to replace my Ratio, which performs way, way worse than my Acheron lol

What would be the best thing to do?

I don't know If I'm qualified to be a HSR vet yet since I'm only playing this since October 2023, but I think your best option should be pulling for Topaz and make a FUA team with Topaz + Ratio + Ruan Mei + Aventurine.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017

Not going to lie. I listen to a podcast while I do this. That being said it literally saves you a million plus credits while you level 3 characters and a clear takes you 40 minutes to an hour and a half. To complete a run and you get around 60-100k credits. If you are F2P it is a really tempting option and saves me for more mat farming. Not to mention the candies you need are fairly easy to come by doing this method and secondary leveling material will never be a problem again.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So what's the target to aim for with Topaz? I'm currently going over what I've got while farming up some possible relic replacements as some are not great, and it occured to me I don't really know what I'm aiming for with her. Her speed is very low at 120, her crit rate is far too high at like 98% and her crit rate is about the same. I figure I wanna get CD instead of CR body and probably speed boots instead of ATK? Is her speed target the usual 134? I might be able to hit that with some nice rolls and keep the ATK boots if so.

Also have an ATK sphere instead of fire as I've not been lucky with that yet, but I figure I'll just wait on the new set before worrying about that

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Ok holy shit I used the Ratio, Robin, Aventurine and Topaz team in the new MoC and it's clicked for me.
I know the new one favours that team but I think it'll be fine even without it.

I absolutely loved it, I think Robin rounds the team out so nicely and Aventurine is just ridiculous in a follow up attack team. You don't even need to skill with him at all, he gets so many follow ups off I had nearly a full shield on all my units at all times!

The sheer amount of chalk, trotter, coins and power of music hitting the enemies was hilarious to me, they never stood a chance!

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I kinda wonder if they do "a Genshin" with Sunday as in

Just like Childe or Raiden forget all the atrocities he has done and give him some redemption arc ala "Well. It was just all a dream![

Triggs

May 3, 2019
So what's the target to aim for with Topaz? I'm currently going over what I've got while farming up some possible relic replacements as some are not great, and it occured to me I don't really know what I'm aiming for with her. Her speed is very low at 120, her crit rate is far too high at like 98% and her crit rate is about the same. I figure I wanna get CD instead of CR body and probably speed boots instead of ATK? Is her speed target the usual 134? I might be able to hit that with some nice rolls and keep the ATK boots if so.

Also have an ATK sphere instead of fire as I've not been lucky with that yet, but I figure I'll just wait on the new set before worrying about that
I'm pretty new to Topaz so someone may have better advice, but from what I understand you pretty much have the right of it, 134 speed, roughly 80/160 crit ratio if possible

Also she doesn't have any atk traces so atk% is actually pretty good for her, making atk% orb competitive with fire damage from my understanding, whichever has better sub stats should be fine.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Ok holy shit I used the Ratio, Robin, Aventurine and Topaz team in the new MoC and it's clicked for me.
I know the new one favours that team but I think it'll be fine even without it.

I absolutely loved it, I think Robin rounds the team out so nicely and Aventurine is just ridiculous in a follow up attack team. You don't even need to skill with him at all, he gets so many follow ups off I had nearly a full shield on all my units at all times!

The sheer amount of chalk, trotter, coins and power of music hitting the enemies was hilarious to me, they never stood a chance!
You're making me want to pull for her, and I need to replenish my savings! 😭

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty new to Topaz so someone may have better advice, but from what I understand you pretty much have the right of it, 134 speed, roughly 80/160 crit ratio if possible

Also she doesn't have any atk traces so atk% is actually pretty good for her, making atk% orb competitive with fire damage from my understanding, whichever has better sub stats should be fine.
Oh that's a good point. Iirc the fire would be beneficial if she had atk traces since it's multiplicative, but if there's no ATK traces then I guess it doesn't matter. I dunno if ATK sub stat rolls behave the same way and if so then fire might be the better choice but if not either should be fine. And now you mention it the 80/160 rings a bell. I'll have to try boost her up to that in the next couple weeks as she's been collecting dust waiting on that cone

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
You're making me want to pull for her, and I need to replenish my savings! 😭
lol I'm sorry! You must stay strong! Tbh the one thing about this game is that there are always multiple cool units on the horizon to save for aren't there. Although the pace of releases can get a bit overwhelming!

No sooner have I got the follow up team in a good place for me I'm now eyeing up a break team so wanting Boothill or Firefly!

Drachen

May 3, 2021
Is there anyone you guys regret pulling yet? I'm sorta there with Argenti, he's pretty good but I'm definitely feeling the lack of a Huohuo and she's not exactly a character I'm wanting to pull compared to others... Maybe he'll get some better options in the future.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyone you guys regret pulling yet? I'm sorta there with Argenti, he's pretty good but I'm definitely feeling the lack of a Huohuo and she's not exactly a character I'm wanting to pull compared to others... Maybe he'll get some better options in the future.
Luocha, I suppose. He's fine since he was my first 5* sustain but he doesn't see much use now that I have Aventurine.

Not to mention, I feel like in most hard content it doesn't matter that he can dish out insane healing since the attacks kill in one hit anyway.

I'll be pulling for Fuxuan and I'm planning on building Gallagher so I doubt he'll see any use anymore.

Maybe Jingliu too. I just don't feel like she does a lot of damage.

Blank

Oct 27, 2017

e0 Blade and e0 Dang Heng are probably my least played Gacha 5* at this point. Seele is also up there these days, but she was used a *ton* more early on. Blade is just really unimpressive damage at this point, there's almost always a better stand in for him. Dang Heng, I dunno if I just have super bad artifacts for him but e0 just fails to impress even with Sparkle.

Seele has almost entirely been powercrept from my roster by Jingliu in quantum set (with/without Silver Wolf).

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
probably Seele considering i pulled for her on her first re-run and by then she wasn't that great

Triggs

May 3, 2019
Luocha, I suppose. He's fine since he was my first 5* sustain but he doesn't see much use now that I have Aventurine.

Not to mention, I feel like in most hard content it doesn't matter that he can dish out insane healing since the attacks kill in one hit anyway.

I'll be pulling for Fuxuan and I'm planning on building Gallagher so I doubt he'll see any use anymore.

Maybe Jingliu too. I just don't feel like she does a lot of damage.
I kind of wonder if the next limited abundance character will need to have some kind of max hp buff or dmg resistance in their kit Fu Xuan style, because I can't help but notice my Fu Xuan and Aventurine teams are so much comfier than my Huohuo or Gallagher teams on high end content because, as you said, the damage is so high in single hits that healing can feel kind of fraught compared to the ease of damage prevention style sustain.

Or maybe they'll just stack on healing utility like Huohuo to make them more competitive idk

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019

General emotions on who I have
iHp10Sm.png

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of wonder if the next limited abundance character will need to have some kind of max hp buff or dmg resistance in their kit Fu Xuan style, because I can't help but notice my Fu Xuan and Aventurine teams are so much comfier than my Huohuo or Gallagher teams on high end content because, as you said, the damage is so high in single hits that healing can feel kind of fraught compared to the ease of damage prevention style sustain.

Or maybe they'll just stack on healing utility like Huohuo to make them more competitive idk
More likely to get a new healer directed into one of the types of gameplay rather than something like that. Break, Dot, FuA, etc healer

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wanna say SW. I'm actually quite fond of the character but I'm pretty sure I actually did her event, messed up and didn't lock the cone and gobbled it up by mistake eventually before I pulled for her on the rerun. I still get a good load of use from her with Acheron but she's also constantly teasing me with how much better she could be

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
ah yeah, Silver Wolf. i don't regret pulling for her since she is a Stellaron Hunter.

but i never use her

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
SW gets a lot of use in my Ratio teams since Topaz keeps dodging me.

I use Jing Yuan a lot still, but tbh maybe thats my biggest regret. I only use him when one side is lighting weak and Acheron is busy brute forcing the other side.

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I have many regrets. Aventurine would be better than Luocha, but I've also gotten a ton of use out of Luocha over the last almost-year.

Maybe Dan a little bit, since even though I use him and generally prefer him to Ratio, if I'd known I was going to have Ratio I probably wouldn't have pulled.

I like Silver Wolf a lot, and I've gotten a ton of use out of her E1 in Acheron's team, but I got her E2 on re-run and that's of more limited value. It occasionally gives Acheron some stacks and lets Gepard land his freeze more easily, but I don't think the sub-dps build makes sense in Acheron's team as opposed to going all-out speed and ERR. At e1 she often has a 1-turn ult.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I only kinda regret Silver Wolf, mainly because I feel like she's already a pretty limited use case character and she's real easy to powercreep as well. As soon as a 5* Pela comes out (which might be pretty soon lol) then I don't see myself using her much

Jing Yuan is kinda whatever but at least he has a purpose in PF

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Characters I Pulled (in order): SW, SW(E1), FX, HH, SW(E2), RM, Sparkle, Sparkle(E1), Acheron, Jingliu, Robin.

I'd say overall, I'm pretty happy with all my pulls. I explicitly went for extra eidolons for SW and Sparkle to support Qingque, and they've been good for that to this day. SW/FX/Sparkle for mono Quantum QQ has been an investment I haven't been disappointed with, as they've continually been good for one side of MoC no matter what the turbulence or enemy weakness has been. I can see folks not really needing SW if you don't like to use a Quantum character (QQ, Seele, Xueyi) for everything, though. FX and Sparkle have been good even outside mono Quantum, while I only use SW outside that with Acheron occasionally.

Ruan Mei is great. She can help everywhere and there's no issues with teambuilding, plus extra good in SU.

Huo Huo has also been great as a support/pseudo-harmony with her attack and energy gain Ult. I've used HH/FX as my sustain pair constantly.

Acheron feels almost like mandatory QoL for weekly SU and overworld farming. Just shortens the time you spend farming by a lot with her technique.

Jingliu is absurd as an E0 solo carry, especially since she seems pretty flexible to team build with compared to Acheron who really wants debuffs. I think she's arguably the best single-DPS character investment outside of Acheron since she's both easy to build with that innate 50% crit rate and not too SP-heavy either.

I just got Robin. She seems on par with Ruan Mei, BUT also not Weakness Break-focused, so I'd use her over RM when I'm using Jingliu on non-Ice Weak stuff like this MoC cycle. Having two Ruan Mei's is going to be great for the next Pure Fiction cycle and I'm looking forward to that.

Triggs

May 3, 2019
I don't really regret anyone honestly. The closest is silver wolf who I don't use super often anymore but she was a mainstay of the majority of my teams for months, so I'm still glad I had her for that period even if she's not getting a ton of play anymore.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
I don't regret anyone, I always use the "old" characters as well, especially in MoC.
Take Luocha for example, he was almost substituted by Aventurine, then I needed him this round for my DoT team because Aventurine was in the FUA one.
Jing Yuan is there every time that I don't want use Kafka/BS.
Bronya is there when I want to use Argenti.
Topaz wasn't seeing much use, then the PF with the follow up came and then Ratio. Now I use her in place of SW.
But then SW is constantly used, with Welt, in my Acheron team.

Characters come and go. If at some point you really wanted a character and pulled for it then that's it, you have reasons to reuse it eventually, even if it's not necessarily the best choice at the moment.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
Its hard to say I regret pulling Luocha since he was pulling his weight and then some for months following his release but as soon as I get my Fu Xuan I don't see him ever getting play again. Fu, HuoHuo and Gallagher life going forward for me. I guess I regret pulling Blade and his LC? He's just.. incredibly middling.

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing I really regret either, but I don't use Silver Wolf or Blade atm because I don't have the time/resources to build them atm. Penacony has been absolutely insane in terms of new characters and things to build.

I had a DoT team before 2.0, but adding Black Swan and a newly built Ruan Mei has made the team great. Always loved follow ups with Clara as my first 5 star, so that was always the second team I wanted to build, but Acheron blew me away and that became a focus. Now just in the last part of 2.1 and 2.2 my time is devoted to Robin and Aventurine, so just don't have time. Stuck at a point now with Clara's relics not being the best(at like 57 crit and 107 damage). I can get almost 100 crit damage with a team I'd put Clara on, which helps, but I have no crit LC for destruction. I probably would have been better off getting Blade's LC instead of Blade himself.

With Sparkle the mono-quantum dream came true, but just haven't had the time to build Silver Wolf to do it. Blade is mostly built, but Bronya for use with Sparkle in the same team isn't. This still doesn't count I just got Himeko on my second ever 50/50 loss and want to build Herta as I can't seem to go far in PF atm.

ALL of this knowing I'm avoiding Boothill, and wanting to go in heavily on Firefly, maybe as much as I did on Acheron. I think the only thing I kind of regret is not pulling for DIL, but I absolutely do not need him with both Blade and Jingliu already, and this was before Acheron.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
No Regrets. Silver Wolf is a Stellaron Hunter so she's cool and I used her a lot in the early days even if not a lot these days. I did get her to E2 even if most of that was for Serval eidolons. I do use her for Mono Quantum too like I always planed to do.

Blade also doesn't get used much these days but just like SW, Stellaron Hunter and helped me a lot in early days. Luocha I'd probably prefer Huo Huo or Aventurine but he came early when I wanted a Yukong and it's not like I knew about these 2.

Bonestorm

Oct 27, 2017
Really? With Acheron leveling multiple characters has never been easier albeit with a time investment now.

I never realized how expensive it was to level a character to 80 until I stopped using the exp books.
Omg because of this reply I learnt you can farm experience from overworld kills and not only experience books. How did I miss this.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I say this as someone with an E2 SW: the thing with SW, especially if you don't have her E2 or the event LC that came with her at launch, is that she's requires a lot of effect hit rate to make work as a debuffer at E0/E1. Her debuffs are decent, but Pela is comparable if you don't need SW's weakness implant, and is actually better than SW overall in AoE scenarios on top of being more SP-positive while not needing as much Effect Hit Rate (67%) to land her debuffs versus E0 SW (96%). At E2, SW's needed EHR drops to 47%, so she can be a good debuffer/damage dealing hybrid, or like someone else mentioned you can go more all-in on speed since you free up a lot of gear stats that were tied up by the EHR requirements, but that comes at a pretty hefty cost of potentially forgoing two other limited 5-stars that you'd add to your account.

SW can be good for a new player when your roster is limited, but as you get more characters, her weakness implant ability is less necessary unless you actively want it to use a character over other choices like how I want to use QQ for everything. Combined with being single-target when MoC likes blast (3 enemies) and PF likes AoE, and she's just a comparatively more situational character than many others who you can just slot in wherever because they're more generically good. Maybe the new endgame will favor single-target characters more, but in this current meta, there are several characters I'd put over her in terms of being helpful for a player who can only have so many limited 5-stars.

Last edited:

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
still ridiculous they never let ps5 players or anyone who started after sw's banner have a chance to get that event lc

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
I realized after completing the battle pass today, I really wish they added new LCs to it. Though that may have more to do with there being like maybe one or two good ones on it?

I know also the Herta LCs are heavily time gated(like 4 months I think for an S5?), and I know we're getting a new one there soon, but I wish there were more options.

...come to think of it, I think LCs are my only real complaint about the game atm. I find myself these days wanting character LCs because there are rarely good alternatives, or many of them I guess. Really happy the new event LC is so great for Robin, as it's similar to the pass SW event LC, and the Huo Huo/Guin one was just ok, but meh. Guess it hit me when I tried to get Clara up to fighting shape again and realizing that even though I have her 5 star LC and the herta shop one, I still would have rather had Blade's on her and now have to wait for a second rerun. It's like, yay, you added a bunch of new LCs to the forgotten hall, but if most are terrible, who cares?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm fine with the 4-star character selectors being time-limited since everything in there is in the regular banner, but yeah, the time-limited LCs that have yet to be re-ran in anyway sucks for newer players, especially when it's like SW's that literally gives a 5-star LC's worth of EHR. The only other LC options to hit the same amount of EHR are an S5 of SW's limited LC, or S1 of Black Swan's LC, while the 3-star cone only gives its EHR for 3 turns for some reason.