Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks to you both, that was pretty helpful. 👍

After some consideration I changed my mind and I think i'll just wait and use my wishes on a good sustainer (Fu Xuan / Huo / Luocha or a new one) and a second heavy hitting main DPS, until then i'll focus on my Seele, Ting, Welt, Asta & Pela.

Yea, I would definitely keep an eye on the 5* Harmony characters we have coming (at least 3 in the next few patches iirc, and one is probably going to be
Harmony Trailblazer so we will get for free
which is nice) and also keep an eye on the aforementioned sustain units, those tend to keep their value longer than any one DPS. Bronya is still the only *5 Harmony character we have and she puts in work, will likely remain relevant for a while yet.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Argenti was a suprisingly very easy moc ten boss, only slightly tougher than punching bag Yanqing.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So drip marketing tonight or tomorrow (in NA time)? Need to know the HANABI situation.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the advice about Silver Wolf. I was kind of hoping I could safely skip her tbh. Nothing against her character really, I just don't find her kit very enticing, but if the weakness implant was super important I may have tried to get her.

As a f2p player I want to be very discriminating with my pulls going forward, and only spend them going for game-changing units like Jingliu or Fu Xuan. I know Ruan Mei is the big upcoming character that everyone is talking about, but since I got Argenti I doubt I'll have the pulls to reach a 50/50 on her banner.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the advice about Silver Wolf. I was kind of hoping I could safely skip her tbh. Nothing against her character really, I just don't find her kit very enticing, but if the weakness implant was super important I may have tried to get her.

As a f2p player I want to be very discriminating with my pulls going forward, and only spend them going for game-changing units like Jingliu or Fu Xuan. I know Ruan Mei is the big upcoming character that everyone is talking about, but since I got Argenti I doubt I'll have the pulls to reach a 50/50 on her banner.

The funny thing about Jingliu is by the time she comes around again, there will almost certainly be a new DPS that's also S+ (if Jinglui is still even there, incredible DPSers like IL Dan and Seele are "only" S after all). Not saying Jinglui is bad cause she's not, but games like this love releasing more DPS characters on a regular basis so you definitely shouldn't feel obligated to wait for her specifically if you don't want to. Limited support units from Abundance/Preservation/Harmony come around far less often.

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

Fu Xuan is game changing for sure if you don't have good sustain but not so much Jing Liu. She and DHIL are tied for the best DPS in the game... for now. In a patch or two she could easily be dethroned. I say this with her being my most well built and used character. Also, There isn't a single DPS that can't solo carry MoC as it stands. You can either clear it a bit slower with any DPS or not clear it at all without solid sustain and supports. We'll see about the two new floors though.

EDIT: What Kenai said.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready to be dominated by the HANABI --> Black Swan --> Acheron three-hit combo.

vixivian

Feb 25, 2021
Thank you! That's what I've been trying to focus on, actually. Although I am also working on Welt but i'm not sure he's great with Seele lol, I've been running Seele / Tingyun / Welt / Natasha

I'm also considering getting Silver Wolf since she seems to pair well with Seele but i'm still unsure

Welt's fallen off a bit, too SP hungry for that team. He's fun in his own team but I can't recommend building him unless you've got two DPS/two Survival units first. Seele will work on one side for you for sure. You can pick up any DPS of a different element and be set. Argenti running right now is an AOE damage dealer that seems to be set to dominate the meta in the new "Pure Fiction" mode coming in a few weeks. It's a wave based endgame mode. My pick for a new player would be dragon Dan or Jingliu. In terms of sustain, Fu Xuan and Luocha are my favorites, you can get by with one of them + Lynx/Natasha/Bailu on other side.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks Kenai and ArcticDonkey for the advice. Now that I have Argenti I will mainly be looking for top-of-the-line support or sustain units.

For now I'm quite happy with my main team of Argenti, Clara, Tingyun, & Lynx(E2) and assume they can carry me through the rest of the main story. The only times I still have some trouble are when I face enemies that spam AOE attacks, making it difficult for Lynx to stay on top of the healing, so that's where ideally I'd like to get a great sustainer like Fu Xuan to make things more comfortable. Most of the time this isn't an issue though, since Clara is performing great as my tank/sub-DPS, especially with her Lynx synergy.

Edit: You know, it just dawned on me after I posted that I could probably replace Clara with the Fire Trailblazer if I'm struggling with AOE defense... huh, I'll have to look into that. I'm kind of attached to Clara since she was my first 5* lol, I need to think outside the box more.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally cleared Swarm: The End. Actually getting the missions and surviving difficulty IV was the main issue. Now I've got to take a swing at the final difficulty and I'm kinda dreading it lol.

Some runs I end up with a mad strong setup then others kinda weak. I dont really know whats the reason either as I basically always shoot for all paths including interplay on preservation. Sometimes the resonance gits for a couple % of a healthbar then others it clear like 30% each hit. I always aim to upgrade as much as possible for resonance damage too.
Thanks Kenai and ArcticDonkey for the advice. Now that I have Argenti I will mainly be looking for top-of-the-line support or sustain units.

For now I'm quite happy with my main team of Argenti, Clara, Tingyun, & Lynx(E2) and assume they can carry me through the rest of the main story. The only times I still have some trouble are when I face enemies that spam AOE attacks, making it difficult for Lynx to stay on top of the healing, so that's where ideally I'd like to get a great sustainer like Fu Xuan to make things more comfortable. Most of the time this isn't an issue though, since Clara is performing great as my tank/sub-DPS, especially with her Lynx synergy.

Edit: You know, it just dawned on me after I posted that I could probably replace Clara with the Fire Trailblazer if I'm struggling with AOE defense... huh, I'll have to look into that. I'm kind of attached to Clara since she was my first 5* lol, I need to think outside the box more.
Yeah I was actually gonna recommend going with a tank and healer for the main story. Its a bit slower to clear but far safer too. Personally I only really started focusing on running single sustain teams for the story after I'd caught up and began trying to push through the bi-weekly MoC events.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Sadly mine is just at E0 but I'm in dire need of a good DPS until I get Argenti.
Another thing to keep in mind as well is that her auto also isn't great if that's a factor for you. My team is built enough to wear she still clears most content on auto even with just E3, but that's with several limited supports helping her (Fu Xuan and Silver Wolf, who's E2 so she's also a sub-DPS).

All that being said, she can do the job if you have no better options, and will scale well if you decide to go for her eidolons later down the line. I'd recommend trying her out on lower level SU content to experience her playstyle, and see if it's something you see yourself enjoying long-term. It's a pretty unique style that involves gambling with your skill points for massive amounts of damage buffs as well as an enhanced attack (and later on a potent follow-up attack with her E4). She's also very good in Simulated Universe, especially when you do Swarm Disaster and unlock the Path of Propagation, if you want a character that will do well for you there.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm still farming the Quantum set to make QQ, Future Xueyi better and since my Silver Wolf is E2 maybe I'll give her decent stuff too. Seele has great stuff on her. I just need 2 pair of speed boots since and don't want to use any of my self modeling resin yet.

Friday will be traces farming with 2x. I'll mostly be doing Harmony farming but may throw some Nihility in there too. I'll need Destruction stuff to for Fall of and Aeon/Xueyi but I'll wait to see if I even get her.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Another thing to keep in mind as well is that her auto also isn't great if that's a factor for you. My team is built enough to wear she still clears most content on auto even with just E3, but that's with several limited supports helping her (Fu Xuan and Silver Wolf, who's E2 so she's also a sub-DPS).

All that being said, she can do the job if you have no better options, and will scale well if you decide to go for her eidolons later down the line. I'd recommend trying her out on lower level SU content to experience her playstyle, and see if it's something you see yourself enjoying long-term. It's a pretty unique style that involves gambling with your skill points for massive amounts of damage buffs as well as an enhanced attack (and later on a potent follow-up attack with her E4). She's also very good in Simulated Universe, especially when you do Swarm Disaster and unlock the Path of Propagation, if you want a character that will do well for you there.
I will level her up more then , my DPS options are really limited right now, I most have great support/healers.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
At E0, she's serviceable. At E4, she does respectable damage. At E6, she's in the discussion of meta damage dealers alongside meta 5-star limited units.
Nah, I'd say she flips into meta at E4, and E6 is just quality of life. That one extra SP is very helpful, but careful SP management can accomplish the same thing, and it's not like E5 is a game changer.

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
After 87 tickets, I finally have Silver Wolf.

Honkai_-Star-Rail-Silver-Wolf-scaled-e1702336760680.jpg

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I will level her up more then , my DPS options are really limited right now, I most have great support/healers.

Sounds like a plan. Get ready for Qingquillions worth of damage.

Nah, I'd say she flips into meta at E4, and E6 is just quality of life. That one extra SP is very helpful, but careful SP management can accomplish the same thing, and it's not like E5 is a game changer.

I think that's valid, though I will say her E5 in particular gives her more value than the average E5, due to how it affects her scaling. While her default basic attack only goes from 100% to 110%, her enhanced basic attack goes from 240% to 264%, so an extra 24% attack on the main target while the side targets get an extra 10%, which will also apply to her follow-up attack. On top of that, while her skill goes from increase damage by 28% to 30.8%, her damage ceiling is when she uses her skill 4 times, so instead of a 2.8% damage increase, it can represent an 11.2% damage increase which is now increasing the beefier 264% enhanced attack on the main target, the follow-up attack if it also procced, as well as her ultimate since it is also affected by the 4 tile draws. Coupled with E6 basically helping to lessen her one major drawback, I personally think E4 to E6 is significant, but it's also fair to say she's already meta at E4.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017

You can also use March 7th and Clara to pretty good effect, they synergize really well. Clara was my 1st 5* and I didn't use another for awhile since I'm f2p (I get reasonably lucky on characters since I have a fair amount of 5*, but I never have enough mats/fuel for them all). Was rocking Clara + March + Natasha + Asta/Tingyun for a long time cause I just didn't have anyone else. But yea Fire TB + Lynx + Argenti + either Tingyun or Asta is probably a good team too, I wouldn't use Clara + Fire TB together since their taunts clash.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I think that's valid, though I will say her E5 in particular gives her more value than the average E5, due to how it affects her scaling. While her default basic attack only goes from 100% to 110%, her enhanced basic attack goes from 240% to 264%, so an extra 24% attack on the main target while the side targets get an extra 10%, which will also apply to her follow-up attack. On top of that, while her skill goes from increase damage by 28% to 30.8%, her damage ceiling is when she uses her skill 4 times, so instead of a 2.8% damage increase, it can represent an 11.2% damage increase which is now increasing the beefier 264% enhanced attack on the main target, the follow-up attack if it also procced, as well as her ultimate since it is also affected by the 4 tile draws. Coupled with E6 basically helping to lessen her one major drawback, I personally think E4 to E6 is significant, but it's also fair to say she's already meta at E4.
QQ comparable to 5* DPS at E4, and then her E6 is the equivalent of an extra eidolon or two for a 5* DPS lol

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Got speed boots by randomly crafting and just put them on Silver Wolf.
MDfwfao.png

Dunno If I'll try to Build her better but I'll at let get a Penacony set for her for when I go Mono Quantum. Maybe that Circlet can roll everything into speed.

QQ got to have her old Speed Boots since she needs crit more
s9mBQu1.png

I don't use her much but this should be better than ATK boots right? She sometimes get Jing Yuan LC when Himeko is not using it.

I just need another pair of speed boots for Xueyi now that hopefully get double crit.

There is always QQ old ATK% boots too
gjLtm97.jpg

I just need some decent gloves to have a complete set and move on to another cavern

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats! Hoping that'll be me soon too. Lost 50/50 to E1 Bailu at 80 pulls, and I'm 16 in so far towards guaranteed. Not sure if I'll get her in time but fingers crossed.

Thanks. You still have 14 days. I believe you will get her in time.

Very nice!! Congrats on your gamer gremlin get!
tumblr_0fb1b95c738c75a92a5ba24725a7bf09_f68292a4_1280.gif

Thanks. She's only at lvl 65 and not very well optimized but I can see already why people like this unit. She brings a lot of versatility to team composition.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Stage 10 Argenti definitely felt tankier than the swarm of the past MoC with the same Jingliu-focused hypercarry comp.

It is kinda interesting in that this setup straight up re-uses fights more than I feel previous MoC's did...and that 'enemy' Argenti is weak to physical (i.e., your Argenti) himself.

I just had Clara counters break all his shields in MoC, lol.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
You can also use March 7th and Clara to pretty good effect, they synergize really well. Clara was my 1st 5* and I didn't use another for awhile since I'm f2p (I get reasonably lucky on characters since I have a fair amount of 5*, but I never have enough mats/fuel for them all). Was rocking Clara + March + Natasha + Asta/Tingyun for a long time cause I just didn't have anyone else. But yea Fire TB + Lynx + Argenti + either Tingyun or Asta is probably a good team too, I wouldn't use Clara + Fire TB together since their taunts clash.

Yeah my idea would be to replace Clara with Fire TB when needed. Fire TB also benefits from Lynx's aggro-up buff like Clara, so that's a nice bonus.

Clara was my first 5* as well, and yeah that was my exact team: Clara, M7, Natasha, & Asta - later replaced by Tingyun. It definitely works, but when I started looking at ways to improve my team, a couple things really stood out:
  • Clara's reliance on getting attacked as my main source of damage. This started getting frustrating because it felt like I was relying too much on RNG - especially because enemies seem to love attacking Tingyun instead of her...
  • March 7 was working fine, but she didn't do much else aside from apply her aggro-increasing shield to Clara, especially since her freezing ult has anti-synergy with Clara. That's what made Lynx so desirable - it appeared that she could replace Natasha and M7, opening up a slot on my team because she's both a healer and has an aggro-up buff.
That's why Argenti's banner was just too enticing for me to turn down. Now I have a more straightforward main DPS unit, and Lynx has been a straight upgrade over Natasha and M7.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Stage 10 Argenti definitely felt tankier than the swarm of the past MoC with the same Jingliu-focused hypercarry comp.

It is kinda interesting in that this setup straight up re-uses fights more than I feel previous MoC's did...and that 'enemy' Argenti is weak to physical (i.e., your Argenti) himself.

I just had Clara counters break all his shields in MoC, lol.
He's weak to physical, ice, and fire

Coincidentally the last three elements of most recently released DPS heroes =)

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to predict or control which bosses you get in swarm? On the final difficulty I just cannot survive either Svarog or Kafka here but I could probably kill the deer with ease. It sure won't give me the deer though

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
worth the jades and investment over
No
just continuing to use Pela
Yes
Save the jades for RuanMei/Sparkle

2.0 system changes stuff

View: https://x.com/honkaistarrail/status/1734418432974815450?s=20

HoYoLAB - Official Community

HoYoLAB is the community forum for Genshin Impact and Honkai Impact 3rd, with official information about game events, perks, fan art, and other exciting content.

2.0 characters use complete new trace materials, sadge.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
The 1.6 Special Program is really at 6:30 AM for me Friday.

2.0 system changes stuff

View: https://x.com/honkaistarrail/status/1734418432974815450?s=20

HoYoLAB - Official Community

HoYoLAB is the community forum for Genshin Impact and Honkai Impact 3rd, with official information about game events, perks, fan art, and other exciting content.

Good about more LC added to the Forgotten Hall shop.

most exciting things are the new LCs for Forgotten Hall currency but would have loved to actually see them to see if it's worth saving.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Looking at 2.0, they'll be introducing new path materials for trace unlocking and light cone upgrading (new calyxes that drop, say, a different harmony character trace than the ones we have). So you probably shouldn't pre-farm the traces needed for unreleased characters going forward since they might need a new area's path material instead.

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
guess I'll Nihility Farm first
I think they are making new trace materials for 2.0. You can convert old materials into new materials, but I am not sure if there is an advantage to go old nihility -> new nihility compared to old any path mat -> new nihility.

Could they have made a more obvious "evil preacher" art? Well, I guess they could surprise us by making him not evil.

5clxxtn.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.