• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Cautiously optimistic about this one. Excited to hear some first hand impressions. Love me some PvPvE.

Cross-play means it's got a chance in our group.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I really like the look of this. Wish I cared at all about playing with other people. I want a thief like experience where I do it all on my own.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I preordered this a while back. It's a benefit that it's not an expensive game either, so hopefully people take a chance B with it. I think it looks good from the footage.

The only thing that I think looks rough is the melee combat versus players. Just looks like you're flailing around.

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
Don't think I saw this before. The concept of medieval castle inflitration is pretty cool :D I'm not sure this specific instance of it is for me but I'll definitely keep an eye on it :)

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
This looks cool in concept, but is it going to be essentially MP only? Feels like a bit of a Sea of Thieves situation where you'd really need a solid group of people to properly enjoy it.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
The PVP and extraction mechanics give me some serious Hunt and Tarkov vibes.

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
Game seems fun, I'm cautiously optimistic. I'll probably wait till this game is out a bit though, and I can see how it works.

Also glad to see it's a $30 title.

OP
OP
Stacey

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
The game doesn't support ultra wide displays, hugely disappointing. Gonna pass on it now, come on devs it's 2021 for fuck sake.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Is it strictly PvPvE or can it be PvE if needed?

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Focus Home has been putting out some really unique and top shelf stuff lately. I'm excited for the prospects of this game, but the chances of me getting into a co-op game like this are pretty slim.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Keeping an eye on this game for sure. Smart move by them to make it $30 too.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I always like these types of multiplayer experiences, but I wonder how they discourage camping. Strategically, why spend resources going after the key and chest when it's probably far easier to set up an ambush to kill the other team after they get it. That also ensures you can safely extract it while they have to respawn. The team who initiates the PvE aspect seems like they will always be at a disadvantage.

I could see stalemates around the sheriff where each team is waiting for the other to go for it so they can intentionally alert the sheriff/guards and then attack so it's "2v1" so to speak.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
No.

Cross-play ✅
Cross-progression ❌
Cross-platform Invites ❌
The lack of cross-progression is disappointing. The lack of cross-platform invites is confusing.

They didn't want players to be forced to create another account just to play.

The dev also said if demand is high they'll reconsider in the near future.
Strange that it is not an optional thing they considered from the start.

The logic also doesn't make sense.. if the lack of cross-platform invites negatively impacts player count then the demand will be low because there are fewer numbers of players.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
They didn't want players to be forced to create another account just to play.

I totally respect the insistence to rely on console/platform specific UI instead of asking users to make more accounts, but in this case they're only erasing features by not doing it. Feels like cutting off the nose to spite the face.

PiPSmallie

Oct 25, 2017
I've played in all three closed betas for this and I'm sorry to say but it's nowhere near the experience Hunt: Showdown or EFT are.

It's actually really frustrating how much emphasis they put on stealth for their trailers etc when the actual game is just a bum rush to the objective and the AI enemies are a joke.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I've played in all three closed betas for this and I'm sorry to say but it's nowhere near the experience Hunt: Showdown or EFT are.

It's actually really frustrating how much emphasis they put on stealth for their trailers etc when the actual game is just a bum rush to the objective and the AI enemies are a joke.
I could definitely see that being the case. These trailer always promote the game being played the most ideal way, which is rarely ever how it goes in practise.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
medieval castle infiltration sounds cool on paper, but they it is explained it in the video ie strict phases of setting spawns, pickpocketing a key and then defending whoever carries the chest sounds a bit boring and eventually repetitive. Sounds like it takes away all freedom in how you might approach a heist.

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017

This is what I was mostly afraid of. They make it look cool in the trailers, but figured it would just be a mad dash to the loot, and every game would play out the same. Just rush the treasure, easily kill the mobs...then PvP at the end to see who wins.