stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
63f25cd1b4d8997bb16dc4f3348804a5.png

555fd0444041214892b7b8673d3a32e5.png

a77eb8894e7714b365b45e60c1af8daf.png

Releasing December 1st, 2023 exclusively in Japan. These should range anywhere from $50 to $80 USD to import from Japan on sites like PlayAsia.

As with all Split Pad Compacts, these have no rumble, no gyro, and are not wireless. You have to use an adapter (included with the metal slime variation) to use it wired, but you do get 3.5mm audio jack that way.

They have slimes on the analog stick, and on the back buttons.

Lji0SNQ.png
aC7ztv1.png

I'm probably going to sell my imported midnight blue ones now that these are announced (and the midnight blue are coming to NA next month for $49.99 USD). I love these controllers from an ergonomic standpoint, but these DQ designs are so cool.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm importing these.

Edit: Maybe. Just read that it lacks rumble so now I'm undecided. :/

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
They should've made a split pad that looked like their slime controller. lol

IrishNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
oh man these are cool, right in time for DQM3 too

Yeah, I'm importing these.

Edit: Maybe. Just read that it lacks rumble so now I'm undecided. :/

this was my thought process too, not sure how much i use that & gyro but losing em sucks
also immediately followed by the "am i gonna be scared to use these like my zelda ones because we all drift in inevitable with use" which really sucks

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
My local mom and pop stocks these and has imported the TOTK variant for sale. If they stock the blue slime edition, that shit is bought.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously it's subjective but I think you'd be surprised how little you miss rumble when it's gone tbh
I dunno. The gyro I don't generally use (find it finicky most the time) but I really enjoy the rumble, always have. I'm sure I could get used to not having it like I did back in the pre-N64 days, but I'd still surely miss it. :(

Lack of gyroscope and ruble is so disappointing because they're very comfortable.

this was my thought process too, not sure how much i use that & gyro but losing em sucks
also immediately followed by the "am i gonna be scared to use these like my zelda ones because we all drift in inevitable with use" which really sucks
Such a disappointment. Not a deal-breaker for many I'm sure, but it is to me. I need my rumble.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
Dumbass here thought it was Yuji Horii himself that announced the controllers, then I realized it was the brand Hori lmao

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta be honest. Given the slime history, I was really expecting, and hoping for some completely impractical, slime-shaped joycon.

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a huge fan of the Hori Split Pad Pros, fit well for my huge hands...but man I really love the design of these. I wonder if I'll like the compacts since they're smaller, lol.

SpaceUI

Oct 31, 2017
I want these so bad now >.< They look amazing. Only detail I don't love is the white letters with romaji.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I got the first run of these a year or so ago, really like them. They are great if you don't care about the extras like motion and rumble. Seems like they have been enough of a hit to keep releasing designs

N1corex

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 7, 2020
I have the eeveelution one its my favorite way to play in handheld

What are the FL and FR buttons referred to in the image?
The back buttons you can program each to be a controllers other button. On my right one I made it thumb stick push in. Left one I made just zl trigger

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
I have the eeveelution one its my favorite way to play in handheld

The back buttons you can program each to be a controllers other button. On my right one I made it thumb stick push in. Left one I made just zl trigger
Oh neat, I had no idea this existed for Switch. I loved my PS4 back button doodad and thought its late-lifecycle launch was a clear indicator the base PS5 pad would have back buttons, but it didn't and I can't afford the fancy one. Gah.

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
OH shoot I forgot about this. I guess it sold out, huh? Are there any more sites to try and get them at aside from PlayAsia?

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
The control stick caps having hidden slime faces is too good... but I don't need these. I'm pretty sure there wouldn't even be a good way to hook this up to a PC.

EDIT: Wait it literally mentions PC oops