Status
Not open for further replies.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
Mild shock.
Same with God of War, they ain't coming in 2021. It's a backlog year people and it's not a bad thing.
Also, I believe Jason was first to mention this?

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
The only major game I can see myself getting this year is Resident Evil 8. Honestly feels good to have a little break.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, if this is true then I guess my PS5 will remain as a Genshin machine until 2022. It be what it be.

xKLpno2.gif

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So the examples are a publishing deal and a console launch. I think most get the point of the post. They've let third parties have the fall since the PS4 launched.
I guess The Last Guardian (December), GT Sport (October), Death Stranding (November), Medievil (October), Uncharted Remastered (October), Driveclub (October) don't count either for reasons?

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
Why would it have an update in the SoP though? Even Ratchet wasn't in there and that is out relatively soon. I wouldn't expect any Horizon news before June or so. Again, people are jumping on a rumor. Unless Sony confirms it I would take it as just that, but it seems people here have already made up their mind.
Maybe because we haven't seen anything since June unlike Ratchet which has been shown multiple times and actually has a release date?

Look if it comes out this year then great but nobody is going to be surprised if it's delayed. And this is Era...all rumors get jumped on.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Jim Ryan also said in an interview that there were no plans currently for a new PSVR, and yet...
Not exactly a "No Plans" quote. It was vague but it essentially said the same thing that was confirmed in the Tuesday blog drop. He said back in 2020, "VR is very important to us but will it come this year(2020)? No, or next(2021)? No, but it will come.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
So the examples are a publishing deal and a console launch. I think most get the point of the post. They've let third parties have the fall since the PS4 launched.
I mean, you asked for the last time Sony published games from their internal studios after September. There's nothing really holding them back from doing it again.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
his "sources" said that PS5 would not get any major exclusive at launch, while Xbox would get more than 10
We know how that ended up

Fuck, my brain is slow today T.T I didn't realize it's the same person as the tweet in the OP...Okay well, salt intake just sky rocketed then.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
We are in Feb and you lot are trusting some guy on the Internet that a game probably due out at the end of this year will be delayed.

He has no way of knowing that they won't have decided on a delay yet either.

Volkama

Oct 30, 2017
I wouldn't believe everything he says. He also claimed that Hellblade 2 was supposed to be a Sony exclusive, but Ninja Theory deceived Sony and Sony was going to sue them, but decided not to do it so as not to spoil the image.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe because we haven't seen anything since June unlike Ratchet which has been shown multiple times and actually has a release date?

There's no reason for them to show anything right now. It makes sense to show games like Returnal and Deathloop, as they'll be out soon. Horizon is the type of game you're gonna show at E3 or whatever will replace it this year.

I just find it very weird people are jumping on a rumor from a guy who has posted lots of shit that never came to pass.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Doubt this person knows anyways as he's posted nonsense in the past.

Would not be surprising though as it seems like everything that was shown at the PS5 reveal has been delayed to some extent outside of Miles Morales and Demon Souls.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
No way this is delayed, considering they just re-affirmed it's 2021 and their two other previously announced 2021 titles have been delayed.

That would be atrocious.

Maximus2560

Banned
Sep 28, 2020
This is absolutely something that publishers should follow (*ahem*Nintendo), but we are currently living in a once in a 100 years pandemic. They are exceptional circumstances, so these things are hard to judge right now.
I get it....but still....this pandemic can't be an excuse for literally everything....especially HZD and GOW, the 2 big ones, delaying themself after beein announced around the same time

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
surprised so many people aren't surprised by this. Was in the first PS5 stream so should have been a shoe-in for this year. Ragnarok was perhaps a stretch for this year, and GT7 is its own universe of guesswork as to when Polyphony will release but this felt fairly nailed on for 2021

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Lol at the source of this, I think I'll believe Jim Ryan saying he's very confident in it hitting 2021 just a few days ago.

klauskpm

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
It's not that I believe that person, but I always thought both Horizon and God of War would be delayed to 2022. So 🤷‍♂️

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda thought Horizon would hit this year. I'm super hyper for it but I understand the delay.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Not even mad, I feel for the devs with covid and if it lessens crunch so be it.

would like a HZD PS5 patch as a consolation though lol.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
That first year of PS5 games has gotten thinner :( But then I can't get my hands on a machine anyway...

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
It wouldn't surprise me but I rather wait for an official announcement.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Um, why are people accepting this as fact? I thought from reading this that it would be Jason Schreier or something, but it's just some random guy who said the PS5 wouldn't have any launch games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.