• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Sad they didn't even bother to re-render the video cutscenes despite advertising ultrawide support ... KojiPro definitely was more ambitious in supporting ultrawide

E: WTF even the main menu is 16:9 with their weird mirror blur solution on the sides ...

ascagnel

Mar 29, 2018
Sad they didn't even bother to re-render the video cutscenes despite advertising ultrawide support ... KojiPro definitely was more ambitious there

Did Death Stranding have pre-rendered cutscenes? In his past 3D games, Kojima has used real-time rendering as much as possible, reserving anything pre-rendered for credits or B-roll.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Man this game is running funky as hell. It is spiking CPU usage like I have never seen on my 3900x, and the GPU usage is hovering around 60-70% even during framedrops. Going to check the PCIe lanes and see if that helps.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Did Death Stranding have pre-rendered cutscenes? In his past 3D games, Kojima has used real-time rendering as much as possible, reserving anything pre-rendered for credits or B-roll.
I think the intro is pre-rendered, not 100% sure. But I was talking about cutscenes/ultrawide support in general

Kattlauv

Oct 28, 2017
Manila
Hope they can fix this port. Read that it is DRM free, and want to support the game just because of that. Got the game on PS4, and usually don't replay games, but I wanna throw them some cash.

NoctisLC

Jun 5, 2018
Anyone basing their performance on the benchmark numbers is gonna get a rude awakeining when theyre out in the world proper. Especially when it rains.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at Steam reviews, and seems like the crashing issue is quite widespread. Wonder why it was not mentioned in the DF analysis as they had tested the game on multiple systems. Maybe whatever they changed for the public release code is causing the issue?

Mark It Zero!

Apr 24, 2020
GTX 1080 stock latest drivers, Ryzen [email protected], 16GB [email protected], 90% 1440p Excl Fullscreen with Alex's settings and getting almost locked 60fps, capping at 60 with RTSS and Vsync through Nvidia drivers. Didn't have texture glitches even though I'm forcing AF16X.
I did have 2 crashes during the cave part, and another when hunting with Rost, and it stutters from time to time. The 30fps animations are just in cutscenes it seems, and even though i notice them i guess i can live with it.
It performs much better than i expected but I'm waiting for a fix for the crashes and stuttering, It's my first time playing it and don't want to spoil it.

IgnotumCL

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
All in Ultra except clouds (high) 1440p + 1080ti

4CBBE65EBEF8DFF69A32D77FDBE30D55DB1F7448

4C84010E9AC623926D18153BDF46CED4B3841923

E46AEE03844127072DAC5AF71BAB7674148EDE51

DFC8937648D4874ADF078BAAF13AE7D6B6354072

dsk1210

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh UK
Do not use the in game frame limiter, it lock as 3fps less than the v-sync.

Do not use in game v-sync either.

I seem to be getting a solid for the most part 60fps at 1440p at 60fps with HDR with 1080ti and 6700k at 4.5ghz.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The game plays freaking good with kb&m.
But alas, I had my right bicep tendon reattached at the elbow Thursday of last week and I cant quite turn my mouse wrist into the appropriate position. It's so annoying trying to shoot a watcher in the eye with an XBox One Controller when the mouse is just sitting there.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
haha dope, copy pasting of PS4 save worked (save needs to be decrypted obviously)

Game looks absolutely stunning, can't wait to dive back in after finishing DS. Hopefully they fixed the stutter and AF by then, seems to run as expected on my end otherwise.

E: terrain rendering bug below the tree ugh

Last edited:

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Playing on a i7 7700 with a 1070 ti.

Everything on high except clouds on medium and shadows on medium at 1080p.

Disabled vsync in game, enabled it in Nvidia CP. Unlimited frames in game, limited to 60 through RTSS.

Played the "get meat for the woman" quest and completed it.

So far, performance has been 60 fps, with constantly stuttering dips to 58-59 as I'm running around. Probably about 1 dip every 3-5 seconds as I'm moving. Sometimes I'll get a dip into 58 when stationary and moving the camera around.

It is pretty annoying. Would love to know how to get rid of those dips.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Pretty cool you can just copy + paste your PS4 saves, I wish that was possible with more games, especially when they get their PC port months or years down the road from consoles.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
haha dope, copy pasting of PS4 save worked (save needs to be decrypted obviously)

Game looks absolutely stunning, can't wait to dive back in after finishing DS. Hopefully they fixed the stutter and AF by then, seems to run as expected on my end otherwise.
Haha! That'll save a lot of time!

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty cool you can just copy + paste your PS4 saves, I wish that was possible with more games, especially when they get their PC port months or years down the road from consoles.
Wait, hold up. This is a thing you can do?

Is it really as simple as dragging and dropping it in? If not, is there somewhere that explains how to do this? I'd love to grab my PS4 end game save and jump into the DLC that I haven't played yet.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Is Nvidia Ansel working properly for anyone? I activate it but the game is not pausing, i can just see Ansel UI over the gameplay... WTF.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington

Is it really as simple as dragging and dropping it in? If not, is there somewhere that explains how to do this? I'd love to grab my PS4 end game save and jump into the DLC that I haven't played yet.
A couple other members have mentioned doing it in this thread, I was just reacting to those posts. Sounds like it works flawlessly though.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
I did it for MHW too before jumping into Iceborne on PC, was nice to play with my OG char again.

Well, technically it is as simple as that in this case (barring any issues I haven't discovered in the 15mins I toyed around with it). Only problem is the PS4 save files are encrypted by default, so you either need to jailbreak your console or – applicable in the case of HZD, but not all games – you can use Save Wizard to retrieve your decrypted save (Save Wizard is mostly an overpriced tool intended for save editing, but can be used for more useful stuff too).

But yeah, after that 5min process it's just drag and drop into one of the save folders of HZD on PC, basically.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Well, technically it is as simple as that in this case (barring any issues I haven't discovered in the 15mins I toyed around with it). Only problem is the PS4 save files are encrypted by default, so you either need to jailbreak your console or – applicable in the case of HZD, but not all games – you can use Save Wizard to retrieve your decrypted save (Save Wizard is mostly an overpriced tool intended for save editing, but can be used for more useful stuff too).

But yeah, after that 5min process it's just drag and drop into one of the save folders of HZD on PC, basically.
That puts a damper on things then. Not really keen on jailbreaking my console just for a save file. And I just looked at the price for Save Wizard ($50?!), so that's probably not happening either.

Ah well, it was a novel idea. I'll just have to replay through the game from the start again. I was planning on doing that already anyway.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
That puts a damper on things then. Not really keen on jailbreaking my console just for a save file. And I just looked at the price for Save Wizard ($50?!), so that's probably not happening either.

Ah well, it was a novel idea. I'll just have to replay through the game from the start again. I was planning on doing that already anyway.
Actually, I have one free slot on my save wizard license, so you could send me your save folder of the game (regular USB backup done via PS4 menu) if you want to and I can get it decrypted. Might as well fully document the process along the way for anyone interested.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I really dislike how foliage reacting to Aloy looks. There is something weirdly distracting about it. I want the option to turn it off. It could probably give us few frames too i guess.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
R5 3600 and GTX1080

Game can't hold 60 fps and has dips all over the place.

Sounds like a driver issue.

Also memory usage is 18 GB holy shit

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Dictator, I was able to confirm that weird issue with beards, fur etc. (see below) is caused by forcing 16x AF through Nvidia drivers. When you don't force it those things render properly.

8jvce6s.png

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, I have one free slot on my save wizard license, so you could send me your save folder of the game (regular USB backup done via PS4 menu) if you want to and I can get it decrypted. Might as well fully document the process along the way for anyone interested.
Whoa, that's very kind of you!

Give me a minute and I'll DM you the save file.

Subutai

Metal Face DOOM
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, you can use your PS4 saves but it needs to be decrypted?

Is there anyone here that could do that for me? I never finished the game on PS4 so it would be awesome to continue my save on PC.