• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Do you need to beat the main game to play this? I got distracted 40% in and just can't get back into it, I was hoping playing this, a new story from scratch would help with that.

ronaldthump

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are the mocap improvements carried over to the main game? I didnt venture back to main game locations to test it and I am just curious. The entire animation suite is improved, even simple things like running and jumping.

Running and jumping hasn't changed. You're imagining it :)

ronaldthump

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm usually great at games but playing this on Ultra Hard is making me sweat, still haven't die though but that Scorcher has the best AI I've ever seen, it's always attacking and never stops to chase me, Jesus christ this creature has to be the most brutal and hardest yet.

Lol... you just wait.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Played for about 2 hours this morning, and it's really great so far. Loved the trek to the new area and the music was awesome when the title pops up. It's more Horizon for sure, exactly what I wanted.

Hi everyone, IgnorantERA reporting in . . .

Can someone help me out and tell me if this DLC inserts a new area into Horizon: Zero Dawn, or if it 'paints over' a certain area with snowy weather? Also, the new robo dinos that are in this DLC, do they also appear elsewhere in the gameworld or only in the DLC area?

Also does anybody know where I left my car keys? Thanks.

It's a new zone in the northeastern section of the map. It's added on. Other than gear and upgrades everything is self contained to that area.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
kqFxI2F.gif

Oh yeah, I am ready.
The expansion is installed and I just have 3 more hours of work!

TheForgotten

Oct 27, 2017
motherfucking
Frostclaw, that thing was harder than i expected.

Man this game looks great.

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
TFW
You need Glass resources for the health regen outfit but you sold those useless piece of crap like they were candy

Anyone knows where I can find some glasses that isn't a vanilla bandit settlement?

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
look at Sunhil's gif. Ofcourse and every animation is tinkered. Frozen Wilds is not the only location featuring snow in the world of Horizon. :)

It has the best snow though, water also seems improved, they are paving the way for the sequel it's going to be something special.

Sloane Ranger

Oct 27, 2017
New Albany
Had this pre-ordered for a long time, super excited to play it .. but man with Wolfenstein 2 and Origins it may be awhile. So many fun games to play right now!

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017
This is a game i want to complete 100% (already have done so in the main game) as well as get all trophies.

Due to fear of spoilers I am not looking at trophy list, therefore I would love it if someone could tell me if there are any missable trophies I should know about (use spoiler tags if so please).

Thanks

Oct 25, 2017
Bought the game even though I won't play it yet. Waiting to get a 4K TV in a couple of weeks so I can be blown away all over again.

Nov 1, 2017
wow how i missed this gameplay. Its so awesome! For me on the same level of mgs5 which i think is the best open world 3rd person action game.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Hi everyone, IgnorantERA reporting in . . .

Can someone help me out and tell me if this DLC inserts a new area into Horizon: Zero Dawn, or if it 'paints over' a certain area with snowy weather? Also, the new robo dinos that are in this DLC, do they also appear elsewhere in the gameworld or only in the DLC area?

Also does anybody know where I left my car keys? Thanks.
It adds a completely new area in the north
26348586769_1cb3e3ccba_z.jpg

The undiscovered area is The Cut, the newly added area with the DLC. And I think the new machines only appear in the new area.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I know the recommended level is 30, but how is the difficulty at 50? I beat the game and I'm wondering if I should hop right back in or save the dlc for a replay.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Managed to get to the new area before work this morning.

The game looks so damn good. Somehow better than I remember. The way the snow deforms as you walk through it, the sparks from a fire being caught in the wind and swirling with snowflakes, etc. All of it looks fantastic. (Playing on a 4K HDR TV)

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
The ACG review, sunhis gifs and all the screenshots look awesome.

I'm looking forward to tonight.

TazKa

Oct 27, 2017
Game is great, just wandered though part of the map. Got my ass kicked on ultra hard, but getting a grip after entering a side quest.

Animations are a joy, characters face movement and body language is a big improvement over the main game.

The new clothes looking amazing, but I still need to earn the ressources. XD

Still my favorite Game of the Year.

Thanks to all women and mein, who worked and hopefully work in future on Horizon.
Thank you Guerilla Games. Thank you Sony to greenlight this kind of projects. :)

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
When a bought this game a week ago, i didn't knew that i would fall in love with it so hard.
But thats a problem for me, i want to do everthing before leaving the area, im already level 25 and have yet to reach meridian.
Are the other areas as packed as the first one? If yes, i will be in trouble

Oct 27, 2017
The controls are so responsive in this game for 30fps, almost feels like 60.

Especially noticeable if you come from Assassins Creed, another ubisoft game with their inherent input lag.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Oh sweet lord. I'm loving all of those gifs and screenshots. Can't wait to play it.

BTW... Hi ERA!

HebrewHammer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
When a bought this game a week ago, i didn't knew that i would fall in love with it so hard.
But thats a problem for me, i want to do everthing before leaving the area, im already level 25 and have yet to reach meridian.

Yes - and perhaps even more so.

OpiaN

Oct 29, 2017
I thought that at lvl 50, with the special armor and the best mods, this will be easy. 5 min into the DLC i was proven wrong..

Portman

Nov 5, 2017
Seeing the mentions of being rusty and the initial fights being tough has me debating on starting New Game + or just diving into the expansion. Haven't played since March so might wander around the map to get a refresher before going to investigate the new spot. Could be beneficial that I never wrapped up all the additional quests in the game after beating it.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this has already been answered, but what's the best way to access this? Should I load up my completed game save (which I believe places you at the final battle, I can't remember) or should I start a new game plus and access this area? Thanks!

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Only played it about 30 minutes last night but it feels great to be back. That huge spewing mountain in the middle of The Cut is beautiful.

Oct 31, 2017
I was lv 38 by the time I got to meridian. I have a kill all machines syndrome, can't help it. I'm lv 50 and still a ways from beating the game.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just played for a solid hour. Really glad to be back. I had almost forgotten just how fluid and easy to control Aloy is. Just a complete joy to play. Got the Tallneck fixed.

Oldest_Snake

Oct 29, 2017
UK player here, is there supposed to be a discount for PS+ subscribers? psprices.com show the game's price history with a discounted £14.39 but when I go onto the PS Store it's listed as £15.99 with no discount.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Um, shit. Guys, im at the beginning of a NG+ how can I start the DLC?

WITHE1982

Oct 28, 2017
UK player here, is there supposed to be a discount for PS+ subscribers? psprices.com show the game's price history with a discounted £14.39 but when I go onto the PS Store it's listed as £15.99 with no discount.

I'm seeing the same. The discount was there yesterday so maybe it was only for orders made before release day.

Um, shit. Guys, im at the beginning of a NG+ how can I start the DLC?

Can't you just reload as earlier save from your first play-through? I'm in the same situation having just started an ultra hard NG+ file.

backbreaker

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I messed up big time, I completed the game a while ago and reached level 50. In an effort to play on hard, I saved over my finished game save and wiped out my level. I have to start over.