• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Steam Community thread and tester sign up
We are currently working on an unannounced project for PC. It is rather early in development but as the production moves forward we are going to need testers for it.

You can apply with this form.

If you get accepted, you will receive an electronic non-disclosure agreement that you need to sign. After that you will receive more information about the project and its future tests.
Expect something other than an arcade game.

Feel free to share this with your friends ;)

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
A shame Housemarque is staying away from the arcade genre but excited to see what kind of title they can pump out. I wish them nothing but success.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I've purchased and enjoyed every game they've made. I'm on board for sure.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Signed up as well. Hopefully they don't notice I've only put in 30 minutes into Nex Machina on Steam, but it's because I've been playing Dead Cells, I swear!

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Resogun is still the best, great weekly challenge this week too.

Can't wait to see what they do next.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PC? Testers? Early in development? Oh jeez. I guess Housemarque is done for me. Oh well. At least they gave me some awesome arcade twin stick overhead and platform shooters.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
That feel at the end of a Nex Machina level and the HDR voxels exploding gives you an eyegasm.

I'm in as long as it's not some rogue like thing.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Cautiously optimistic considering they're pushing their anti-arcade vision pretty hard still.

Bracing for a lootbox-driven grindfest.

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
I'm down with their anti-arcade vision if it means Outland 2 because fuck yeah Outland.

Ilmyr

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I don't have high hopes, but a new snowboarding game would be great. :)
Always liked Supreme Snowboarding and Transworld Snowboarding. I'm probably alone...

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
I'll assume they're gonna make use of Early Access.

It will break my heart if Housemarque go PC only.

I'm guessing they're a two game studio for now. Their last 2 games were pretty close to each other release date wise.

I doubt they'll leave console behind, they have a small but solid fan base. I'm guessing one experimental pc title and 1 more by the numbers pc /console title.

Outland 2 would be cool.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
TFW you're accepted to be a tester for their new game, but you unwittingly signed up with your home phone number and cannot receive a text message to verify and sign the NDA.

f7a.gif

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
Day One
So they're ditching their Playstation audience for this one?
Uh no

The developer realized the niche for neo-arcade games is very small and they need to go multiplatform to reach the audience

New arcade scene is small and spread across many platforms so they need to go multi and PC to be successful, exclusivity isn't a good idea for HouseMarque anymore

Before it was OK because SSHD could be seen as a premier reason to own a PS3, but the digital download arena has exploded so HouseMarque cannot stand out as an exclusive developer as much in this current digital marketplace

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Day One

Uh no

The developer realized the niche for neo-arcade games is very small and they need to go multiplatform to reach the audience

New arcade scene is small and spread across many platforms so they need to go multi and PC to be successful, exclusivity isn't a good idea for HouseMarque anymore

Before it was OK because SSHD could be seen as a premier reason to own a PS3, but the digital download arena has exploded so HouseMarque cannot stand out as an exclusive developer as much in this current digital marketplace

Where in the OP does it say multiplatform? Or anything other than PC?

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
Where in the OP does it say multiplatform? Or anything other than PC?
There are several articles about Housemarque going multiplatform

The announcement for this game might be just PC but that doesn't mean they won't go anywhere else. Matterfall couldn't go to other platforms, but their new direction is to be multiplatform as they did with Nex Machina.

They need to start somewhere because again their audience is small, if they are successful there's no reason they won't bring the game to other platforms.

So no they aren't "ditching the PlayStation audience" as you said earlier, this is just their new business plan as a niche game maker

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
There are several articles about Housemarque going multiplatform

The announcement for this game might be just PC but that doesn't mean they won't go anywhere else. Matterfall couldn't go to other platforms, but their new direction is to be multiplatform as they did with Nex Machina.

They need to start somewhere because again their audience is small, if they are successful there's no reason they won't bring the game to other platforms.

So no they aren't "ditching the PlayStation audience" as you said earlier, this is just their new business plan as a niche game maker

I will wait for an actual announcement of platforms rather than whatevet you just said.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
TFW you're accepted to be a tester for their new game, but you unwittingly signed up with your home phone number and cannot receive a text message to verify and sign the NDA.
TFW you actually use your mobile number, but are in Australia and the testing time is at 3AM or some shit on a Thursday morning.