• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How big is your ideal pocket pants be?

• I want the smallest PHONE pockets that can still fit my iPhone 23!

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • 3 inches (7.5 cm) x 5.5 inches (14 cm)

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • 4 inches (10 cm) x 6.5 inches (16.5 cm)

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • 5 inches (12 cm) x 7.5 inches (19 cm)

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • I want the baggiest CARGO pockets ever!

Votes: 63 72.4%

• Total voters

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
YES, that's definitely right! 15th Generation portable handheld console.

We're in the 2040s here.

Technology has advanced to the point where Digital Privacy Protection Laws are amended into most first-nation's Constitutions.

You have nearly 80% of the human population driving on electric cars.

China and India both have just recently started to have negative growth in human population for once!

And now you have your gaming tastes on the latest 15th Generation Gaming Console, portable everywhere, with 9-hours battery life per charge. And yes, can play DOOM 9!

And you are tired of Star Citizen v1.1 patch update. and 3 DLCs. You feel like you wanted to play something on the go, but you don't want Nintendo consoles, because you already own them.

And OH MUH GUSH! You realized: Sony, Microsoft, and now even VALVE of all things joined into the hardware space to become the BIG 4 PLAYERS almost 2 decades ago (mid-2020s). Sony and Microsoft go head-to-toe with graphics and performances, while Valve provided a nice Linux alternative. So you shell out your pocket changes, and break your piggy bank. You go to Amazon Department Store near you, go up to the cashier, and say you want the newest and latest portable, dedicated gaming console.

And boom-bada-boom, you have your portable console!

But the alright question arises the moment you put your hands down.... into your pocket...

Tell me, how big should your pants pocket sizes be to fit this portable console, and you grinningly satisfied with your purchase. Completely 100% no buyer's remorse.

POLL TIME!

BY THE WAY,

You have 2 votes!

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the Switch just barely fits in the baggiest of my pants pockets (with JoyCons detached), and it has a 7" diagonal. So I think we've already reached critical mass, back here in the present. Lol.

Enlarge the pockets any further and you are basically just wearing a storage pouch around your legs instead of pants.

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I mean, the Switch just barely fits in the baggiest of my pants pockets (with JoyCons detached), and it has a 7" diagonal. So I think we've already reached critical mass, back here in the present. Lol.

Enlarge the pockets any further and you are basically just wearing a storage pouch around your legs instead of pants.

True... so do you want a pair? :D

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
in 2040 giant purses are a gender neutral fashion accessory so you won't need cargo pants

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
It's 2040 I don't wear Cargo shorts anymore Delete. I wear pockets in the shape of shorts. All of my short is a damn pocket now. So gimme a portable the size of my leg idgaf

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
You won't need pants. It will be a wearable.

The future of gaming will be like Star Trek's "the game" only you'll be paying real money for every roll and not getting the neuro-high, but rather rewards that expire when the season ends. It will be seen as a social thing like drinking or smoking, and extensive conversations over the merits of "the game" will happen during your favourite blood sport. The average player will spend hundreds of dollars during the first phase of "the game".

Globally, "the game" will be embraced worldwide as the way to play. The lone exception is in the UAT (the United American Territories) where it was banned over fears that it distracted from civic duty.

Its motto is, "the only winning move is to play the game", which struck a chord for how true it is; because even when idling, you can only win "the game".

"the game" is the logical conclusion of video games as a product.

Oct 27, 2017
I imagine by then we will have folding tablets that reduce to the size of a GBA or smartphones and portables will be passé so idk

Unless you're John Cena idk if cargo shorts are an option. Not a good look and it only works for him because no one can sees him.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Why don't i have an AR overlay uplink implanted so I can stream content directly to my eyeballs? what am I? some kind of pleb?

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
EHypDgL.gif

Deleted member 6215

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I have to worry about cargo pants in 2040, something has gone horribly wrong.
I'll just stick with my Game Boy Micro.

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
By 2040 I expect at least a portable drone that carries my stuff and follows me everywhere. Otherwise biggee the better.

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
So, for the entire time, the entire thread is telling me the next innovation in gaming is wearable consoles by 2040? Hmmmm..........

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully by then cargo pants will have died in a fire and men will be more comfortable with using bags. There is seriously nothing wrong with using a small bag.

Also, it's totally ok to NOT carry your console everywhere you go.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The pockets should be big enough to carry a newborn baby in them, anything smaller may as well qualify as skinny jeans in my mind.

That should give you enough space to carry half a dozen of the systems of the future, if not more

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I love this question but I think expecting Star Citizen 1.1 by then is a bit aggressive.

I voted for the two extremes because I figured either augmented eyes will be common and folks will be able to see on smaller screen again OR everyone will be holding ipad pro 12" sized portables by then.

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I love this question but I think expecting Star Citizen 1.1 by then is a bit aggressive.

I voted for the two extremes because I figured either augmented eyes will be common and folks will be able to see on smaller screen again OR everyone will be holding ipad pro 12" sized portables by then.
Hmmmm, what would you put it as then?