Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona
It's not about being strong (this isn't a humble brag, nice try though) I simply think I pull too hard on the triggers when I'm playing tense games and tend to break the little plastic piece the clicks the trigger in to place. I'm sorry I disrespected your favorite controller though?

Y'all both being unbearable lol.

The original XONE controller's build quality was pretty bad. Even the original Elite model suffered from the same issues as the standard models. Thumbsticks wore down quick and the bumpers would break very easily. Thankfully the XONE S controller model and XONE Series 2 Elite have addressed this issue.

I think nowadays both controllers have a fairly similar build quality and everyone's personal experience will vary.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
DS4 has trash battery life, as in I almost have to charge it more frequently than my phone. Xbox One is somewhat better but it still uses AA batteries in the year of our lord 2019. Switch Pro wins because it has such a long battery life I sometimes forget that it has to be recharged.

Aug 27, 2018
Y'all both being unbearable lol.

The original XONE controller's build quality was pretty bad. Even the original Elite model suffered from the same issues as the standard models. Thumbsticks wore down quick and the bumpers would break very easily. Thankfully the XONE S controller model and XONE Series 2 Elite have addressed this issue.

I think nowadays both controllers have a fairly similar build quality and everyone's personal experience will vary.
I legit just said I like the Xbox One controller more because it fit in my hands better because I just have big ass hands and I have broken the R2 on 3 DS4s because I was playing a tense game and pulled too hard breaking the trigger, I feel like it's reasonable to understand why I feel the way I do.

Couldn't agree any more.

I actively will avoid playing playstation games, very much in part because of the terrible controllers. It's such an awkward, unergonomic way to position your thumbs. And the split, yet single piece D-pad is a travesty.

They literally just stuck two analogue sticks on wherever they could find space on that thing in the 90's and left them there.

Wretched design that should have been redesigned with the PS2.

Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona
I legit just said I like the Xbox One controller more because it fit in my hands better because I just have big ass hands and I have broken the R2 on 3 DS4s because I was playing a tense game and pulled too hard breaking the trigger, I feel like it's reasonable to understand why I feel the way I do.

Your initial comment was fine lol, I just don't think you had to respond to their snarky response with your own snarky response lol, but live your best life.

Couldn't agree any more.

I actively will avoid playing playstation games, very much in part because of the terrible controllers. It's such an awkward, unergonomic way to position your thumbs. And the split, yet single piece D-pad is a travesty.

They literally just stuck two analogue sticks on wherever they could find space on that thing in the 90's and left them there.

Wretched design that should have been redesigned with the PS2.

tenor.gif

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
How anyone feels good playing a FPS with that controller, is beyond me. I hate that the sticks are so close together, and on the same line!
How anyone feels good playing fighting games with that controller is beyond me. I hate that the D-Pad is doesn't have arrows like on the DS4. Am I doing it right OP?

I prefer the Xbox controller for shooters and the DS4 for other games

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
Never for me. The analog sticks placement on Xbox controllers is what makes it superior for me

I went and got the Astro C40 for the PS and that controller just gave me what I need to game longer on the PS4

immortal-joe

Oct 25, 2017
Size, shape and weight feel perfect in my hands
Better feel for the face buttons
Better D-pad
Symmetrical sticks

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For me the DS4 is not only better but far better. It's more comfortable in my hands, the buttons and sticks are chunkier and offer more precise control (the sticks on an XB controller, by comparison, feel too tall) and the dpad is vastly superior. It's the best controller ever made. Switch Pro comes close but doesn't quite cut it (in part because of its digital shoulder buttons). Xbox One is a distance third.

seroun

Banned
Oct 25, 2018
For me DS4 (and other controllers in its style) is just more comfortable, the DPAD is pretty useful and when I first tried an Xbox controller I felt strain in some of my fingers. Everyone's got different hands so it will depend on the person.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I prefer the xbox controller over the Dualshock for 3 reasons.

Thumbstick placement
Better trigger (Dualshock trigger are not curved enough so sometimes my finger slips off)
Better battery. I use play and charge on my xbox and it easy works for a couple of days. Dualshock is always empty after maybe a day of hard gaming or 2 with some decent gaming.

This is not to say i think Dualshock is fine. If i use it its fine mostly. Just going back to the xbox controller always makes me. This controller is just abit better overall.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, that's how it feels. I get that some people prefer that setup, but X1 is just a very good, comfortable controller. It may have some durability issues but I don't think I've ever seen a super durable controller anyways (bar the NES hurting brick maybe).

Edit: Given how much I play with my Switch these days, I wish they made a pro controller as comfortable as the X1 (they almost made the same controller anyway, bar analog triggers and face button naming).

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
I generally like both controllers and can go between them easily but for my hands ds4 is better fit. Also bumpers on Xbox controller dig into my index fingers after some time. Ds4 on the other hand have shit battery and peeling sticks.
These are all opinions and one can feel more comfortable than other. Same with symmetrical or unsymmetrical sticks. I don't feel much difference on both

Here are some facts tough.

- ds4 sticks have more tension and are larger.
- ds4 has better dpad and face buttons.

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
I don't like DS4 bumpers they feel wrong and have some sticky/floaty feel, the share and option buttons are in weird locations forcing games to use the touchpad as giant select/start buttons and has too many distracting and battery consuming gimmicky functions like the touchpad, lightbar, speakers, motion controls, etcetera... and I had serious durability problems with them.

It's all the Xbox One for me specially the one that came with the Xbox One S it's simple and straight to the point. The one that comes second as best controller would be the Switch Pro but the diagonal dpad problems and the lack of analog triggers takes a toll on them.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Switch Pro controller is perfect to me, although I can't speak about with authority because I rarely play switch docked, so I haven't used it enough.

The Xbox 360 controller, the PS4 controller, the Xbox One Controller, all 'bleh'.

Stadia controller looking like the Switch Pro controller makes me optimistic.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
For those who say the sticks on the DS4 controller are in a terrible spot and kill your thumbs. The right stick on Xbox is in the same spot, why doesn't that kill your thumb the same way?

Jorgie

Mar 28, 2018
Philadelphia
I think it's all about size. I have big hands so the XB controller feels best to me whilst my friend with smaller hands much prefers the PS controller. At the end of the day it's all about preference because they do the same shit.

Voyevoda

Nov 1, 2017
Paris, France
Preferences I guess, yeah.

I was personally disappointed with the XBO controller after the near perfection that the 360 pad was. The sticks were a bit too high and too small to me, and I hate the RB/LB bumpers on it. I also found the angle of the handles to be a bit too wide (if it makes sense; they drift apart too much for my liking). The triggers and its build quality are amazing, though.

I love the Dualshock 4, and haven't had any problems with its build quality, even though many have, apparently. Guess I'm just lucky and/or careful. (EDIT: Even though, yeah, DS4 battery life sucks. Good thing I have two controllers, one charging while I play)

I'd say 360 pad > DS 4 > XBO pad, as a personal preference.

Dec 18, 2017
The Xbone pad gives me thumb cramps, I even wasted money on an elite controller but my left thumb still aches within 20 min of play time no matter what size stick type I use. The left stick placement is just off for my hands it's too close to the left edge.

I'm absolutely fine with the Switch pro controller and even the 360 one but I've always preferred the PlayStation layout as you can play 2D properly with a D-Pad. The Dual Shock 4 to me is one of the best controllers I've ever used.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
First of all the switch pro controller feels a lot nicer to hold than the Xbox one controller. 2nd the Xbox one controller has really bad analog sticks, they are far too sensitive. In the end they all have their pros and cons, no controller is perfect.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
i don't know, for me the ds4 is a shitty gamepad.

but x360 gamepad is slightly better than xone pad at least for me.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't stand the sticks on the ds4. It feels cramped.
I like the size of the Xbox controller and the triggers feel better.

DJKippling

Nov 1, 2017
the DS4 is pure trash. feels oddly sized and the triggers are horrendous not to mention the horrible cheap rubber that peels off the sticks.

kiKs__

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 3, 2019
MS had the upper hand when it came to controllers this gen IMO. I think that's the only area where they had Sony beat. Hopefully the DS5 closes the gap some.

Metal Slugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
St. Cloud, MN
DS4 is an okay design ruined by a terrible, unreplaceable battery and shoddy build quality.

MS has been king of the standard controller since the OG Xbox S pads. The V1 Elite controller is tops right now.

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
I'll tell you. It's just the newest iteration of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" from Playstation. It feels good to hold and use. The touchpad and speaker in the controller are neat additions, and unlike the bumpers on the Xbox One, which are awful in my opinion, all of the triggers on the DS4 are great.

The Xbox One controller is by no means a bad controller, and it does triggers and analog sticks well, but I still feel the 360 controller is the peak Xbox controller for me.

DS4 is only beaten out by the DS2 to be honest for me.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Your initial comment was fine lol, I just don't think you had to respond to their snarky response with your own snarky response lol, but live your best life.

tenor.gif
People really are fucking awful at expressing their opinions. They can't just say that something isn't for them - everything has to change to cater to their preferences and it's impossible to recognize that others actually really love the DS4 design. Nope, gotta change it because it's old and outdated because I SAID SO.

I dislike the Xbox controller, I truly do, but I don't go around saying they have to redesign that fucking thing because I don't like it. It's a matter of preference and obviously it's no better or worse than the DS4 because at the end of the day, it's what each person prefers to use.

Can't stand some people, man. lol

Oct 25, 2017
As someone that mostly plays on PC, I've used my DS4 for 2D games and my Xbox One controller for 3D gaming. It's that simple.

The new 8bitdo controller is replacing the DS4 for me on PC as well, it's so good.

Oct 25, 2017
D pad is better. L'1/R1 are better. Face Buttons are better. touchpad as a giant button is better. Triggers are the same. Sticks are a bit worse. Stick Positions don't matter to me.
So yeah. DS4 is better for me.

Arih

Jan 19, 2018
On the subject of controllers, when i play destiny pvp my hands sweat like crazy. How do you guys recommend i clean my controller?
I always wash my hands before touching the controller but after a few pvp matchs it gets sticky...

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I've been using the dual shock shape since 96, it's my go to controller. It's nicer to hold. The R1 and L1 are LIGHTYEARS better than the hard plastic crap Xbox has. It has a good dpad. Touch pad is sweet. DualShock all the way.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
the d-pad and placement of the d-pad is vastly superior on DS4 to me. I feel like I have to stretch my thumb too much on the xbox controllers.
For analogue games the xbox one controller is usually best as my thumb sometimes start to slike off the DS4 stick after a while.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
DS4 got plenty of flaws, but the D-Pad being objectively better than the Box one makes it the clear winner for someone like me who he using it a lot for fighting games.