DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
So a while back, I called out some racist idiot on twitter who openly declared that he thinks blackface is funny because it was true. The thing is, when I did, one of his idiot followers lied and left out details by making a vague tweet saying his friend doesn't deserve being called out and it's SJW nonsense. This saw his idiot friend being seen as some victim and like innocent, which is B.S. A while later, I called out both of them and this time, the coward just lied and didn't even address the situation and just made some crocodile tears on how he's not racist and needs help because he's 'shaking' and once again, left out details. What's worse is his idiot followers saw his racist buddy doing blackface, who doubled down on his defense and actually defended him while saying I'm a liar or slanderer and doing ridiculous mental gymnastics. I know it's online and I shouldn't give a crap but I find myself just really angry that people are defending a blatant racist in 2019 and the fact that this idiot just straight up lied and left out details to make himself look good. What's a good way to handle my anger?

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Idiots on the internet love making you angry. Just let them go. You don't even know them

Trust me, it's not worth getting invested in people who will cackle as they push your buttons

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
True. In general, I do have a short temper and just can't stand racist and blackface especially
Honestly the way I deal with is the same way I deal with other people on that hellsite. Assume they're trolls seeking to piss you off unless they have some mutual follows.

Oct 25, 2017
There's been an odd trend of threads recently of people getting unusually angry over randos on the internet being pieces of shit. I mean don't get me wrong, they suck, but why out of nearly a decade of random racist, misogynist scum, are so many people suddenly getting so worked up about faceless racist #793527?

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's text on a screen from someone you don't know. Let it go OP.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
There's been an odd trend of threads recently of people getting unusually angry over randos on the internet being pieces of shit. I mean don't get me wrong, they suck, but why out of nearly a decade of random racist, misogynist scum, are so many people suddenly getting so worked up about faceless racist #793527?
Its a tactic that gets used. THey bait you into saying something that's in some grey area and then mass report you to get you blocked off twitter. See it happen a lot with @Stonekettle.

Raina

Oct 25, 2017
I had to quit twitter because it affected me so badly mentally. My strategy was to stick my fingers in my ears and write stories with a bunch of like minded people in a closed chat. I'm done with reading about how so many people hate people like me day in day out. I'd rather just block it all out. And my mental health has improved since I did that. Demon found family non-withstanding. YMMV.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Report those idiots. It's best to avoid engagement.

Sadly Twitter is inept when it comes to addressing reports. They see only what others relay, and not the surrounding context.

This means that losers can use your replies against you. One of their tactics is to misgender someone (call a girl a "he" or a "man"), wait for their target to correct them, and report the target's replies for "harassment". That way they can trick Twitter into thinking the target is misgendering them and not the other way around. No that's not a hypothetical, that is exactly what happened to renfamous a month ago.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Your other topic on this page is about PewDiePie fans so you seem way too invested in random online idiots.

Who cares? You will never meet them. They do not affect your life. You won't even mention them to a real person in front of your eyes.

There is a world outside the internet. Check it out sometime.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Block and move on. Consider taking a step back from Twitter if they get to you so much.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
You're not going to win an Internet argument with morons like these. Why? Because they simply don't care as much as you, and they just want to be trolls. Don't even bother with these people.

Dec 23, 2017
So a while back, I called out some racist idiot on twitter who openly declared that he thinks blackface is funny because it was true. The thing is, when I did, one of his idiot followers lied and left out details by making a vague tweet saying his friend doesn't deserve being called out and it's SJW nonsense. This saw his idiot friend being seen as some victim and like innocent, which is B.S. A while later, I called out both of them and this time, the coward just lied and didn't even address the situation and just made some crocodile tears on how he's not racist and needs help because he's 'shaking' and once again, left out details. What's worse is his idiot followers saw his racist buddy doing blackface, who doubled down on his defense and actually defended him while saying I'm a liar or slanderer and doing ridiculous mental gymnastics. I know it's online and I shouldn't give a crap but I find myself just really angry that people are defending a blatant racist in 2019 and the fact that this idiot just straight up lied and left out details to make himself look good. What's a good way to handle my anger?
Time to step away from the internet and social media. Not sure if that is something you can or want to do. I never get involved in that shit because I don't have any social media accounts. With that being said there will always be idiots out there. No matter where you are so.... don't let it phase you.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Don't debate people who are acting in bad faith, you only stand to lose. It's a rule that has served me well.

OP
OP
DragonSJG

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Yeah, thanks a lot for the insight guys. I do spend time offline, just in general, I have a trouble letting things go

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
People are terrible, the internet removes all barriers and they show their true selfs. Just ignore it, don't bother, they're not worth your time. And maybe consider not using Twitter ;-)

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
Create a new account and start following them. Hunter becomes the hunted.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
You just can't get upset with idiots on Twitter.

Think of it with the laws of supply and demand. There's an unlimited supply of morons on Twitter, and your mental energy is in high demand by you. It doesn't add up and makes bad economics. Either block/mute/ignore and move on.

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
Your other topic on this page is about PewDiePie fans so you seem way too invested in random online idiots.

Who cares? You will never meet them. They do not affect your life. You won't even mention them to a real person in front of your eyes.

There is a world outside the internet. Check it out sometime.

Not to be a dick, but this shit right here. Try taking all social media off of your phone for 30 days. I did this and have never felt better.