Votes: 337 22.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 135 9.2%

• Total voters

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh, I wasn't super thrilled with their 1st party offerings. Everwild and Flight Sim are gorgeous, and AoE4 is the game of the generation and I will fight you, but the rest felt kinda… small. It's good that they're giving the teams the flexibility to work on what they want to work, truly, but I can't say I'm excited with the new results thus far. Bleeding Edge looks like it'll be fun, but clunky and kind of limited, and Obsidian's new joint just doesn't look my speed at all. It's trite, but I'm still looking for that big new WOW factor AAA franchise from XGS. Hopefully Fable will deliver, or whatever comes out of InXile and Obsidian going forward (Wasteland, for the record, looks great, but I am just done with post-apocalypse as a setting at this point).

Fortunately, the rest of the show was a tour de force. Gamepass is stupid good at this point, goddamn. Why buy things? Just sub to GP and play whatever wherever. Reminds me of how it felt to get Netflix streaming way back when, just this sense of there having to be some catch. But nah, it's just great.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like the format - feels like fake corporate excitement - and the Rare and Obsidian announcements were very disappointing, though I'm hoping the Rare game proves my expectations of it being something service and multi player focused wrong. Still a good show due to all the Game Pass announcements.

JustP_Gaming

Jan 5, 2018
I don't like the format - feels like fake corporate excitement - and the Rare and Obsidian announcements were very disappointing, though I'm hoping the Rare game proves my expectations of it being something service and multi player focused wrong. Still a good show due to all the Game Pass announcements.
I feel the exact way. Some parts of the show had me turning away from my TV in embarrassment, but I will still give it an A for effort. They just need to lock down the presentation.

JustP_Gaming

Jan 5, 2018
Oh yeah and Rikari needs to take control of the whole show. He came off the most genuine, comfortable and confident.

OP
OP
digitalrelic

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I've watched the Everwild trailer a few more times now, and it looks better every time I watch it. Can't wait for that one.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eh it was fine, but it was a lot of low key stuff because i imagine that most of their big hitters are set to be revealed when scarlette is

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Announcements in and of themselves were good (a few standouts, but nothing huge), but the format/presentation was just okay-to-cringe. It's the former that matters most to me though, so I still gave it a Good vote. :) Game Pass value to the player just continues to be bonkers. Like, it can't continue being that good before they make some adjustments to it with either content offerings or price.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I think they are doing some good stuff now and their game output is ramping up....nothing to interest me in an Xbox purchase personally but it's great to see them focussing on games in a big way.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I do wish they just did a Nintendo direct and then had interviews on Mixer afterwards with the hosts. I know that they want to involve the hosts so they don't talk trash about them as much (because they fired half of the hosts you saw at XO19).

I realllllllly disliked the EA interview and the xCloud section in general.They didn't pull it off and it made me cringe very very hard. I hated it. Make sure that the segments are necessary. Make sure the people up there can manage and read a teleprompter. Make sure it doesn't sound incredibly corporate.

as a huge Xbox fan, that was the most amazing thing ever for me though. I do, like many of you, wish the Nintendo direct style was adopted. Imagine how hype people would be. Everything would be positive. The long hour and a half show makes it feel like a slog when it doesn't need to feel that way.

and it felt like after every two segments there was an unnecessary ad unrelated to xo19

Tesser

Writer/Critic at Hardcore Gamer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
- The hosts continue to be trash and everyone talking comes across phony or overly preplanned and scripted.

The latter point especially was the one thing I was about to raise before I spotted someone else had already said it. For some reason, the way the higher-up's spoke really annoyed me. Not that the way the presenters spoke - or what they spoke about - wasn't annoying already, but you could tell that they weren't having a dialogue, more just regurgitating a carefully-scripted press release with a similar level of apathetic lifelessness behind it. I get you want to promote and talk positively about your brand, but just listen to this section...tonally alone, does that sound normal? Does that sound how an ordinary human being would talk to you...even if they were trying to market/promote something to you? The way specific words and phrases had just the right amount of emphasis and "up-swing".

"So instead of just talking to you like I would any other person"..."I'm GOOOing...tO-TALK...like this...in ORder to SOUND...as LIFELESS...as VACUOUS...and as iNhUmAn..........as possible. Best-of-all.......it's fReEeEeE."

...which is a shame because there were some decent new game announcements that I'm at least curious on keeping track of.