XMlfDsz.png

RyK7VGd.png

To this
0pGGQQ2.png

FO22yXo.png

0SlM5mk.jpg

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
it's pretty standard video game sexual dimorphism i don't understand why you're confused

IzzyRX

Powered by Friendship™
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Dunno, the Temple itself it's a defense system, who knows if those were 'true' ancients? Or just really old and changed (by the Temple) ancients?
Ilfana was a pureblood.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty sure those cloaked grandpas aren't real ancients but some sort of guardians of the temple, warped by time.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Serious answer: the Ancients in FF7 were always human-looking. In fact, the non-Ancient humans were once Ancients themselves. They lost their ability to communicate with the planet, and thus use magic, after abandonning the search for the promised land and choosing to become sedantary. This is explained in the Nibelheim flashback by Sephiroth, but in the official translation, it's almost impossible to parse because of how garbage it is.

You'll also notice that in the Shinra minidoc on the Ancients in chapter 16 of Remake, the Ancients are all human-looking.

Rods

May 1, 2020
Serious answer: the Ancients in FF7 were always human-looking. In fact, the non-Ancient humans were once Ancients themselves. They lost their ability to communicate with the planet, and thus use magic, after abandonning the search for the promised land and choosing to become sedantary. This is explained in the Nibelheim flashback by Sephiroth, but in the official translation, it's almost impossible to parse because of how garbage it is.

You'll also notice that in the Shinra minidoc on the Ancients in chapter 16 of Remake, the Ancients are all human-looking.
Not sure why you bother, OP is not looking for this type of answer.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I thought that was a ghost?

The Cetra looked human

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
AuthenticM bump my ff7 unused text thread with thoughts and feelings 😡

I thought that was a ghost?

The Cetra looked human
Close enough

Wiki says:
While the party can find the spiritual manifestations of some Cetra in the Temple of the Ancients, which take the form of creatures with bulbous purple bodies and long beards, Aerith explains they are simply "spirit bodies" left aeons ago to protect the temple, having lost their true forms.