Oct 27, 2017
You have to acquire the taste and build up a tolerance. I eat A LOT of absurdly spicy food and the only issue I ever had was in college when I ate an entire ghost pepper for a nug of weed. I woke up in the middle of the night with some mild stomach cramps.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
I eat spicy food daily, and I've really only had it effect my poop like a handful of times.

Flamin hot ruffles are the best. I also put Frank's extra hot sauce on like anything. Even if it's already supposed to be spicy.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Grow up on it so that you just think of it an insubstantial daily event.

Experience the burning anus, then forget it happened two seconds later.

Warszawa

Sep 30, 2018
Want to destroy your innards. Eat Sichuan food. Oil + Chinese Hot Spices + IBS and your laughing (screaming) all the way to the baño.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
You build a tolerance. When I first moved to Malaysia from England, I was shitting myself every other day. I wasn't even eating spicy food, just regular meals everyone here eats.

20 years later and nothing fazes my stomach.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I've often wondered if this is just made up or really does affect some people. I love spicy food but have never experienced ring burn to any degree.

bryehn

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa
I definitely get burning starfish syndrome too, OP - you aren't alone!

...I also happen to be allergic to cumin, turmeric and most peppers and sweat like mad, even if it doesn't taste particularly hot. Even with a grocery store samosa or a Jamaican patty.

Worth it most of the time, I do love spicy food

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I've often wondered if this is just made up or really does affect some people. I love spicy food but have never experienced ring burn to any degree.

It does, what's crazy to me is that people can get it from something as simple as hot cheetos lol.
Meanwhile I'm eating XXXXXX Hot Wings and being completely unbothered lol.

Lockheartilly9799

Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 23, 2017
Spicy food is easy peasy for me baby. I love the pain and suffering that comes with it. Cuilnary bliss. Every restaurant I go, I make sure to ask to get the dish spicier than the maximum level. I go out of my way to make sure my hot sauce is at worst, ghost pepper. Typically, I stick to Scorpion and Reaper sauces. Delicious.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Idk but yesterday my son was eating Szechuan beef and decided he wanted chili oil on it. Never once bothered him and the beef had my Mexican mother, a person that eats habaneros and jalapeños straight up, dying.

Probably has to do with how much and what kind of spicy food you had growing up. I can eat Korean and Indian food like nothing but give me one Thai chili and my ass is done for a day.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
You know that Simpsons episode where Homer eats the really hot chilli pepper and trips out by using wax before he eats it? That but the other side

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm Indian, and I don't ever remember experiencing it. Even as a child when I wouldn't be so used to spicy food.
The most I'd get is an upset stomach but my anus would be fine.
Eaten spicy foods in large enough quantities will no effects on my anus.

Legit I thought people who said "oh your gonna feel that coming out" was just a joke?

I thought it was a myth too until I started eating really really spicy things, stuff that burn your fingers.

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
Face it.

All of you 'hurr Taco Bell diarrhea' people are just working with inferior digestive systems.

Digest better scrubs.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
From my extensive research (mostly watching Hot Ones and eating a lot of spicy food) you'll burn on both ends depending on a couple things:
1) How much membrane and seed content is in the spicy thing you ate? That stuff is largely non-digestible and also where a lot of the capsaicin comes from so it'll burn on the way out.

2) How well you chew/eat the food. Ideally you'd want a majority of the capsaicin to bind on your tongue/mouth, not the other orifice to prevent the butt burning.

3) Any mitigating factors like general digestion, any dairy consumed that would work to neutralize the capsaicin, etc.

I burn on both ends and I just kind of got used to it. It's not super painful but it's definitely there. It's worth it for me to experiment (I grow my own peppers).

Oct 30, 2017
only happens to me if i eat spicy foods over consecutive days. it's bothersome enough that i've just learned to moderate how much and how often i eat spicy things

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I get this too. I didn't eat much hot and spicy food when I was younger but started getting into it as an adult. Spicy food is something you gotta start as a child, I guess.

The first time it happened, I was concerned that I was developing a medical problem or something down there. Then afterwards, I was like, "Wait a minute, it was just that hot sauce", lol. Crisis averted.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I can do a moderate amount of spice but every now and then it does leave me with an unpleasant bathroom trip or two. No idea how people can do high amounts of spiciness without extreme discomfort. I will take being able to eat all of the dairy in the world with no backlash over spice any day.

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
Love me some spicy stuff, and have never experienced pain from it. I thought it was a joke, like the Taco Bell ones.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
Invest in a bidet OP or baby wipes. Either way cool your butthole.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
I used to consume large quantities of spicy food and my stomach used to be completely fine with it... Until it wasn't. Now I avoid spicy food like the plague.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't happen to me all that often, and I eat spicy food pretty regularly.

And when it does, well, the bidet handles it pretty well. It's a whole new kind of relief to blast some cold water all over that.. lol.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
I used to consume large quantities of spicy food and my stomach used to be completely fine with it... Until it wasn't. Now I avoid spicy food like the plague.
Yeah I'm 44 and this is slowly starting to happen to me too and it pisses me off. I love spicy food and could handle it fine the vast majority of my life

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
I eat spicy food pretty much every other day, and probably have some form of hot sauce topping everyday with eggs and stuff. Never had "hot butt" honestly, outside of eating a massive bag of hot Cheetos in middle school one time lol.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Never experienced firey anus and I eat a lot of spicy food. Always get told by people I'm out with "Oh that's going to burn tomorrow". But nope. Nothing.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I eat spicy food all of the time and the "fire anus" thing has never once occurred outside of me being stubborn and eating an entire bag of hot fries while already having a stomach virus. My insides must be lined with resin.

lunlunqq

Oct 26, 2017
Go to Chongqing, China, and eat their food for a month. The astronomical amount of capsaicin they put into their everyday food will train your pain receptors to perceive all sensations as pleasure.

oJCdi0i.gif

Disclaimer: Small to medium chance to suffer permanent anus damage. User discretion advised.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I guess different people are built differently. I actually spent a few years thinking flaming assholes after eating spicy food were just a funny joke, and not something that people actually felt.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
If your body isn't breaking down all of the oils (capsaicin) by the time it exits you, it will burn.

I've always had a hard time breaking them all down, and now without a gallbladder it's even harder. I just started taking a digestive aid though so I'm curious if it will help with the butt burn. It's definitely helped me with normal digestion so that might factor in too.

You can try it yourself if you want. Just look up "Pure" brand digestive aid. Comes in capsules and contains a synthetic form of your own digestive enzymes.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I frequent a local Mexican restaurant for breakfast once or twice a week.

After smothering all of my food in green chili for a decade nothing phases my stomach anymore.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I love spicy food but I also suffer from this, but I have a couple of tips.
I've found that if you resist the urge and try holding it longer, the spiciness on exit is lessened. Sometimes that's not an option though. Immediate bidet afterward helps too
1) How much membrane and seed content is in the spicy thing you ate? That stuff is largely non-digestible and also where a lot of the capsaicin comes from so it'll burn on the way out.
This is also great advice. Sometimes the worst culprits for me are jalapeño poppers that aren't even that spicy on the way in

Last edited:

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I hate this, because I love spicy foods. It doesn't make my stomach hurt or anything. It's only when it comes out that it's torture.