Oct 25, 2017
An American but feeling extremely down tonight. Evil seems to be spreading at a disgusting rate and it's hard not to want to stop caring about everything and myself. The chance that we can save our world is shrinking, and we're going to need more than half of everyone on board to do it.

I don't know what to do right now, but I don't want to give up. Help me not give up.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Just tune it all out bro, news blackout works for me

Learn to take an L from time to time

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Don't give up.

But don't force yourself to flip the switch to hope right away.

Go do something that makes you happy. And when you feel better, start to hope again.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Tune out the media. Nights like tonight have happened in 2001, 2008, 2016 - not to mention of course older stuff.

It sucks, and it's hard, but life goes on.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Not everybody likes kids or babies, but being reminded that I'm an Uncle gives me hope. They give me life and the force to keep on living. Seeing their smiles and hearing their laughter in my head brightens my day whenever I'm feeling like shit.

Besides that..... I don't find hope. I accept that L in my life and just continue on living. Well, I do drown myself in music so that's one thing to get my mind off of the brazy shit happening in this world.

Oct 28, 2018
The human race has gone through ebs and flows in progress throughout the history of our species. Overall we've always in the long run headed in an upward trajectory no matter the roadblocks.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I've never thought there was "no hope." There is always hope small or big. I also don't have a huge negative view/outlook on life though, so that helps.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The human race has gone through ebs and flows in progress throughout the history of our species. Overall we've always in the long run headed in an upward trajectory no matter the roadblocks.

This. It's just the death throes of the old guard. The leaders of tomorrow will be much more liberal.

It may be two steps forward, one step back. But in the end it's progress, slowly but surely.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Average quality of life has never been better. There are amazing inventions being made to solve problems everyday.

If you don't want feel like dedicating your life to combating climate change, or Trump, or whatever. Then instead just try to not base your worldview on your Era and Twitter news feed.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
For me, I worked on my self, spend most free time skateboarding, hanging with a cute girl and stoped watching the news. I read the headlines to know what current shit show is going on in America but unless something super important is happening I no longer watch cnn like I did years ago.

Illenium

Aug 7, 2019
A mood. One of my biggest flaws is that I sleep it off Bc sleep is the closest thing to death for me šŸ˜Ŗ

Mar 30, 2019
I'll tell you this. I don't know what I'm doing 80% of the time. It is winter and I know from experience that this is when I'm my most melancholic. You can pretend that there is no hope, but despair depends on you believing in its absence. They go together.

So make the conscious decision to be grateful.

That looks different for everyone by the way. I can't tell you what makes your heart sing, only you know that. Pain and suffering are just as fleeting as the good stuff. Which is why you should remember that this will pass. When things are pleasant, don't waste your time, savor it.

Slow down and take stock of what you can do and then do it. One small step at a time. I believe you can do it. I know you can do it. So believe in your natural resilience too. I had no one to tell me this. I had to read and learn the hard way.

The trick to not giving up is simply to not give up.