amara

Nov 23, 2021
These are good enough for me: Beaten / Dropped / Multiplayer / Playing / Unplayed

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
I just don't. No point organizing. I search for something if I want to play it to figure out if I already own it or not 😅

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
I keep a list of games I haven't played more than a few hours, and try to play them more and then if I don't like them after that session they get moved to The Dumpster. I have some games that got added for whatever reason that I won't play, they also find their way into The Dumpster. This section is always hidden.

I also have a rotating list of all-time favorites and lean on that when I want to play something familiar.

Finally, I have a list of games I'm done with and won't be returning to, which is also hidden.

Flambe

Faster than Light
Oct 25, 2017
Completed.
In progress.
Rainy day.

Uncategorized (where all newish games are because I was too lazy to update them)

Siri

Nov 7, 2017
On Steam Deck, I have three tabs thanks to TabMaster: Installed Games (both Steam and Non-Steam), All Games Owned, and Apps (for Heroic/Geforce Now, etc).

When I finish a game, I file it under a 'completed' category, uninstall the game, and hide it in my library. This also hides it in the 'All Games' library, but I can always pull it up elsewhere.

I also have 'trash' and 'infinite/multiplayer' categories as well, with the multiplayer games not being hidden. I also hide extra bits and pieces (like original versions of remastered games, server/beta programs and so on).

But ultimately: play game, hide game when done.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
My Steam Library using Steam itself has no organization.
If I need to search for anything, I use the search bar.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I did try at one point but gave up. I just order by recently played and find that good enough, lol.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I have a folder for "Games I'll Never Play" which is a lot of free crap I redeemed codes for and have no interest in playing, and I also made one for TellTale games since they have so many entries each and it clutters up otherwise. The rest is just the wild west.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Collections By Genres based on how I personally categorize game genres, not by tags in Steam.

Collections By Series for game series I have the complete collection of like Final Fantasy, Souls, Megaman.

Then Collections by Currently Playing, Games I want to play next, Games I started but will get back to.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Just categories for Priority, Finished and Unfinished. Anything I'm certain I won't play is set to hidden.

If I need to sort by anything else I just use the search filters.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
A few favorites
Completed
Double dip (so what I played previously on another platform)
Didn't finish (and probably never will)
Later (games I got for some reason but likely won't ever play)
And then just everything I never played

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I generally have everything in a folder named by a game's franchise (or sometimes, I'll name the folder after the dev... apparently).

Nothing special.
PABiqBg.gif

If it's a one-off, then I'll put it in a generic "genre" folder.

I move things I want to play into my favorites, and remove them when I'm done with them.

I don't really scroll past my favorites, unless I'm looking for something specific. Even then I'll generally search for it rather than wading through the folders, lol.

Oh! Looks like I still have 76 games "uncategorized," lol. I'm too lazy to do anything about it, lol.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Installed ordered by Last Played. Keeps things relatively focused, but even then, it can get out of hand...

GSOp4PG.png

I use Playnite if I want to do more curated looks at my overall collection across all/most libraries.

I used to be REALLY into organization/tracking, but I realized it was taking up almost as much time as actually playing stuff, so I scaled back and now just track what I finish.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
By genre, theme, play state (backlog/retired/finished) and game length.

Shrike

Oct 25, 2017
I've thought of organizing by genre, but it's too much work with how big my library is these days and kinda pointless now that you can use store tags in search filters. Instead, I largely organize by completion state:
  • !In Progress: Usually outdated but meant to be games I'm actively playing
  • Beaten: Games I've actually finished
  • Endless: Games that don't really have an end but I've played enough to move it past incomplete
  • Incomplete: Games I've started and played a significant amount of but never finished
  • MMO: Self-explanatory, seeing as they keep updating
  • Non-Game: Software like Blender
  • Social: Mostly social VR games like VRChat and Resonite
  • Uninterested: Games I've mostly gotten via bundles and such that I have no interest in playing
  • Unplayed: Games I haven't played any of but that I'd like to someday
  • Unplayed DLC: Games that I've beaten the main campaign but not any extra DLC for it

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Alphabetical, sometimes recently played. I like scrolling the library and seeing if there's anything I'd llke to try out, either again or for the first time. Also like customizing grid art.

The recently played main screen on Steam Deck is where I spend most of my time though.

L4DANathan

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Fairfax, VA, USA
Finished games, Non-Games (Think old betas that don't work, mod tools, etc), and Grind (for those games that I swear I'll go back and grind to completion at some point but are mostly beaten)

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I have lists of all the obvious genres, but then I don't add anything to them for years and just have an extra tab with all my games on it.

Just have Installed only ticked mostly.

RGB

Nov 13, 2017
Games (Only Installed)
Software (Always hidden)
New Folder (None of your business)

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Everything displayed. Everything installed. Either alphabetical or by hours played. But I only have around 150 games.

Carm

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
It's currently kind of a mess, I'm probably gonna nuke most of the genre categories and go with Series categories and the Completed Per Year, Installed (Drive) and New Games Per Year.

Currently Playing Through
Action/Adventure
Arcade
Assassin's Creed Series
Completed
Completed in 2023
Completed in 2024
Dungeons & Dragons
Fighting Games
FPS
Fromsoftware Games
Horror
Installed on D: Drive
Installed on E: Drive
Installed on F: Drive
Installed on H: Drive
Installed on Steam Deck (had to add that one to PC Steam list wasn't there like on the Deck itself)
Metroidvania
MMOs
New Games 2004
New Games 2005
New Games 2006
New Games 2007
New Games 2008
New Games 2009
New Games 2010
New Games 2011
New Games 2012
New Games 2013
New Games 2014
New Games 2015
New Games 2016
New Games 2017
New Games 2018
New Games 2019
New Games 2020
New Games 2021
New Games 2022
New Games 2023
New Games 2024
Open World Action/Adventure
Open World Survival/Crafting
Platformers
Point & Click Adventures
Puzzle Games
Racing
Real-Time Strategy
Real-Time Tactics
Resident Evil Series
Rogues
RPGs
Sim/Management
Simulations
Souls-Like
Steam Deck Playable (Dynamic Collection)
Steam Deck Verified (Dynamic Collection)
Tower Defense
Trine Collection
Turn-Base Strategy
Visual Novels
Yakuza Series

LuciusAxelrod

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my system:

1 - Now Playing (games I am currently playing)
2 - The Queue (games that I want to play soon)
3 - Single Player, Unbeaten (games with a single player mode that can be finished that I have yet to complete)
4 - Multiplayer (games with a significant multiplayer component that I might want to play)
5 - Single Player, Beaten (see 3)
6 - Other (odd entries that are generally redundant, e.x. "test server" versions of games, expansions that have individual entries even though they can be access through the main game)
7 - Fighting Games (just to keep track of them)
8 - Collections (entries that are more than one game)
9 - Sorting (Steam will remove games from the Uncategorized section after adding it to any collection. This staging area lets me add a game to multiple collections without having to hunt it down again after adding the first)

Sometimes I will add Dynamic collections based on tags as well, but I don't keep them around for long.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I've been using LaunchBox playlists for Steam and pretty much my entire digital library. It's a great tool to use for organizing everything.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to make folders by genre and got as far as a Fighting Games folder and a Roguelikes folder but that's about it lol.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
  • Collections by genre
  • Now Playing (the few games in current rotation. Useless tbh.)
  • To Finish (the games in my library I've decided I'll finish someday. Also useless.)
  • Finished
  • Demos
  • 1 Credit Clear (for shmups I've managed to 1cc. Barely worth a collection lol)
  • Never Played

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Roughly by genre. I need to do some cleaning because some are getting a little to generic.

GNQIPAxWEAAokeP

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
I put anything I might actually play in "Favorites" and everything else just rots unsorted

ArcticWolf

Nov 29, 2022
I tried to make folders by genre and got as far as a Fighting Games folder and a Roguelikes folder but that's about it lol.

Same, kudos to those that can take a fine toothed comb to each title for genres but I ended up only organizing by genres I genuinly gravitate towards rather than being exhaustive.

So basically shooters & not-shooters.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
I have a couple of groups which I fill with games I'd like to play soon and remove them from there when I've beaten them. That's about it really.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
PLAYING
FINISHED
GAAS
EARLY ACCESS
PROBABLY NOT GOING TO TOUCH AGAIN
WHY DO I HAVE THIS?
UNCATAGORIZED