DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I don't!

I mean, it's pointless. I'll keep the 'installed' filter on and occasionally do a search on name or tag (for local co-op, for example) but I don't do any of the manual categories.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
Favorites are currently installed games I intend to play. Others are categorized into "beaten" or "unbeatable." There's also a hefty "unplayed" folder.

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
I've gone through and "permanently deleted" a ton of trash I've accumulated over the years via various bundles and freebies. You can always reinstate the license, and it just feels much better only scrolling through games I actually care about and appreciate. I also do custom artwork for most games and anything that doesn't have a clean vertical artwork. Other than that I just switch between full library and currently installed, that's it.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really, except to put games in collections based on the bundle/sale I bought them in. This is so I can look at all the games I bought in a Steam sale a decade ago and feel despair that I've only played 7% of them.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
  • Now Playing
  • Backlog
  • Ongoing (Multiplayer/roguelike/non-story based games I play at least on a regular basis but not all the time)
  • Replay (Games I finished but want to replay)
  • Shelved (Games that I am done with for the foreseeable future)

Teppic

Oct 25, 2017
I have games I might want to play installed and show only them. I also have a category for multiplayer games I like so I don't have to look for them. That's it.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Terribly.

Have it set to

To Play

Replay

Maybe

Beaten

Multiplayer

Then hide whatever stuff I'll never play (bundle stuff not for me).

It's not the worse but the "Maybe" section is way too unwieldy. Need to specify it somehow

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
Usually just have installed games showing. I do have a collection for "Completed Games" that I fill in any time I beat a game. Otherwise it's like 1000 games in uncategorized that I never view.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
I have favorites, cool games, meh games, and a whole lot of games essentially in a to-do list that I either haven't finished or have never even played yet.

JSRF

"This guy are sick"
Aug 23, 2023
Steam Deck Internal Storage
Steam Deck SD Card 1
Steam Deck SD Card 2

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I do genres for the most part

steamcat.png

Walnut

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Austin, TX
I have like 2500 games in there. I tend to add whatever I'm currently playing to Favorites and then when I know I'm done with it for a while remove it. Going too crazy organizing it seems like a lot when I'm really just there to launch games

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
I just hate how I turned on the dynamic collection setting and suddenly there's all these useless tags at the beginning of my games page and can't seem to turn it off

spiel

Oct 28, 2017
Steam is my main game library so I pretty much use it to track my gaming history. The filters and sort options are very useful.

The categories I have:
  • Backlog
  • Completed
  • Played - games that I gave up on for various reasons
  • Play forever - games with no clear end, like Stardew Valley, Cities Skylines
  • Good games - those that I completed and enjoyed
  • Favourites - personal all-timers

ReclusiveHaze

Sep 1, 2022
Only 3 categories:

- Demos
- Games
- Hidden Games (Games redeemed from bundles I will never play or games I will never touch again)

Dirigibleduck

Jul 27, 2023
Mine is categorized by genre but I don't find that to be very useful. I mainly just use the Favorites feature as sort of a "currently playing"/"to play" list and decide what to install from there. I just use the search feature to figure out if I own a particular game.

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
Publisher then genre, sometimes by series. I basically have every RE game on steam so that gets it's own category, etc

Freshmaker

Oct 28, 2017
Organize?

I mainly just scroll down the alphabetical list and make sure I install all my games owned that I don't ever play. (Have to keep buying bigger drives.)

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Backlog and uncategorized

Everything new I buy goes in the backlog and when I finish the game/lose interest it gets removed from the backlog and just has no tag on it

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Finished
Gifted games
My brother's games
Won't play/ broken
Maybe later
To play
Playing

senj

Nov 6, 2017
Alphabetically.

It's pretty fast & easy to scroll through in big picture, I don't really see what the appeal of creating a bunch of folders would be.

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Alphabetical, except for some franchises that don't all start with the same letter, like Borderlands. I slso have folders for completed gsmes and other games made redundant by special editions.