• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is the most primitive human you would you pash?

• Neanderthal / Denisovan

• Homo Erectus

• Homo Heidelbergensis

• Homo Erectus

• Homo Habilis

• Australopithecus

• Last common Human/Chimp ancestor

Results are only viewable after voting.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
So I was browsing Reddit and came across a thread asking people if they would hook up with an Australopithecus Afarensis. It's a wild question and my thoughts were:

1) Ew
2) Can they even consent? They lack abstract reasoning and the power of speech
3) Would the fun bits even fit together without injury? Modern humans are much larger than Australopithecus and are equipped with proportionately monster-sized genitals compared with other primates. Gorillas weigh double a typical human and top out at 7-8cm (2.5") fully erect.

Anyway, it made me wonder how far back in time you could go and still be attracted to /attractive to the locals. I know all modern humans outside of Africa have Neanderthal and/or Denisovan DNA thanks to some inter-species hanky panky, so it was clearly possible going back at least 100K years.

Go back further to Homo Erectus days and you run into problems. Yes, they had fire and tool use, but they didn't appear to have art or music. Did they have language? Their brain sizes increased substantially over the history of their species too, so the further back in time you'd go, the more and more ape like they'd seem to you and the more baby-like you'd seem to them.

I feel like Homo Heidelbergensis then is the furthest a person could reasonably go before they stop looking "human".

Anyway, it was an interesting thought experiment. Can love bloom on the mammoth tundra? Let me know your thoughts.

aKI6xTV.jpg

Last edited:

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck.

EDIT: I'm sorry I have nothing to contribute to this conversation.

what the fuck though

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
There is a Resetera cave wall that would ban you for dismissing concerns about consent. Then they would eat you.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if Neanderthals had their version of resetera back then.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Alright era time to play rape or not rape. Are any of the contestants able to consent to sex with you without it being rape? Vote now!

Seriously what is this thread?

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
People have demonstrated time and time again the plasticity of attractiveness, and their willingness to fuck literally anything, especially if it's vaguely humanoid. No limits or restrictions.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I'm picturing the OP in that scene from Bone Tomahawk pretty soon after arriving.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
the end of the latest Jurassic World was a dino threesome with full penetration

talk about domination

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I read the title and smiled thinking about clapping ancient Roman/Greek cheeks

This thread took it to a much darker place than I was expecting

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
Question is basically how far back would you go before you come off like a disconnected weirdo. I think a decade would be very generous. Cave people is pretty funny. People many centuries later would probably happily murder you the moment you opened your mouth.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
it's Wednesday

... I thought OP was just seeing if anyone else wants to go back in time to clap cleopatra's cheeks but bro has other ideas

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Can I just go to 1960 to hook up with Shirley MacLaine circa The Apartment?

...or Pam Grier in 1973...

Nov 4, 2017
Modern humans are known to have interbred with Neanderthals, homo heidelbergensis, and homo erectus. Neanderthalensis and heidelbergensis had pretty big brains, so they may have had fairly good language and reasoning skills. I think it would still be unethical to do.

Also your mum calls me homo erectus.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
OP about to become his own great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandfather

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Never because any weirdo crazy enough to time travel just to get a taste of some prehistoric loins is the kind of person who could never even imagine hooking up with someone in their native time period.

OP
OP
viciouskillersquirrel

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
The question is: Would you be able to have babies? Because think of the monstrosities you would create.
As far as we know, yes, if they're Denisovans. However, it seems the Neanderthal DNA we have seems to come from the male line only. Maybe there is some sort of genetic difference that means it doesn't work the other way around?

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Imagine going back like 2.3 thousand years ago and becoming the main attraction at a Roman orgy? I know my next goal.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Somebody going back in time and hooking up with the apes from the beginning of Space Odyssey 2001 eh

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Wish we could get a release date for the wheel, feels like it's going to get pushed into next year since half the dev team got mauled by saber tooth tigers."
wheel was invented way after these ancestors and saber tooth tigers, its only like 5,000 years old. it was invented by fully modern humans (and after humans had moved to the americas since they never invented it or at least used it on a large scale)