• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
I know pigs are pigs the world around, but how much of scumbags are Canadian ICE or whatever y'all call them? I'm not rich, I'm too ugly to have a Canadian sugar daddy and I don't have a valuable enough skillset to be considered a prime candidate for immigration, so the chances of me going through the proper channels are about as slim as a garter snake. That said, I got a feeling being undocumented in Canada is lightyears ahead of being a natural-born citizen of your swiftly deteriorating neighbor to the south.

rare

Oct 25, 2017
canada is harder to get into than the us
also certainly this thread'll get locked

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Youtube has been recommending I watch videos on this very topic for some reason for the past few months:

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
I always laugh when people think only the US is harder on immigration than other countries.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Don't do anything rash. I know times are tough but have a serious think about this before doing anything. Canada is more difficult to get into than the US.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
I know pigs are pigs the world around, but how much of scumbags are Canadian ICE or whatever y'all call them? I'm not rich, I'm too ugly to have a Canadian sugar daddy and I don't have a valuable enough skillset to be considered a prime candidate for immigration, so the chances of me going through the proper channels are about as slim as a garter snake. That said, I got a feeling being undocumented in Canada is lightyears ahead of being a natural-born citizen of your swiftly deteriorating neighbor to the south.

Canada Border Services Agents are up there with the US equivalent for being complete shitheads. I would advise you think long and hard about this move. A Save Old Growth protestor in Vancouver is being kicked out of the country right now after it was found he was on a student visa and not a citizen

Oct 25, 2017
Canada Border Services Agents are up there with the US equivalent for being complete shitheads. I would advise you think long and hard about this move. A Save Old Growth protestor in Vancouver is being kicked out of the country right now after it was found he was on a student visa and not a citizen

Even on ResetERA.com any time a Chinese person says something pro-China/CPP (understandable if they grew up there) you'll get several pages of "deport them"/"send them back".

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
As an extremely worried Canadian...Do you think living next door to fascists is going to be any easier?

I expect some steps back once Poilievre heads the conservative party and, as much as I want to pretend it won't happen, has a good chance of becoming prime minister.

Alberta is also poised to replace Kenney the goof with a full-on right wing nutter in the form of Brian Jean.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Like others have said getting into Canada undocumented is much tougher than getting into the US undocumented.

loco

Jan 6, 2021
Canada is hardcore strict on immigration and border security. Their entry criteria is pretty insane when compared to the USA. What is deemed as inadmissible is extremely strict too.

Oct 27, 2017
London
Don't be fooled by Canada being governed by a Liberal/Social Democrat agreement, Canada is generally a progressive country but super strict on border laws.

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
Yo all that shittiness in America is here in Canada too. We just hide it better.

The fascist shift is happening in Canada right now too, just like all western democracies.

You can't run from this shit.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
  1. You don't want to be an undocumented person - you are ripe to be used and abused by criminal assholes
  2. Canada may very well end up with its own right-wing assholes in power federally in upcoming years. Several provinces already do.
  3. Conservatives here try to take lessons from the GOP. The longer the U.S. has current trends the more it will try to creep into Canada too.

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
I had a friend from the US whose student visa expired and he was basically told "get out or we'll come after you".

We do have a lot of Australians that work in hotels and snowboard for half the year, not sure how that works.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
From what I've read U.S. is easy mode when it comes to living and working while undocumented. As we don't really have a SIN equivalent in the way Canada uses it. Without a SIN card there's also not much point living in Canada. You won't be getting any of the benefits immigrants or citizens get.

Oct 27, 2017
  1. You don't want to be an undocumented person - you are ripe to be used and abused by criminal assholes
  2. Canada may very well end up with its own right-wing assholes in power federally in upcoming years. Several provinces already do.
  3. Conservatives here try to take lessons from the GOP. The longer the U.S. has current trends the more it will try to creep into Canada too.

Also, Canada is far, far, far less cash-based than the US, and has a far less accepted pool of undocumented immigrants. Living here as one would not be good. This is especially true since 90%+ of the country is not survivable in winter without solid shelter.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
I had a friend from the US whose student visa expired and he was basically told "get out or we'll come after you".

We do have a lot of Australians that work in hotels and snowboard for half the year, not sure how that works.

Many countries have reciprocal agreements with Canada that allow young people to live and work on temporary working visas. I'm from Ireland and I initially came to Canada on a two-year work permit before going through the Permanent Residency, then citizenship process. At every step it was fucking difficult, stressful, and had a negative impact on my wellbeing

Status
Not open for further replies.