• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I've been in a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure mood lately, and I know this is the only PS4 game available. I LOVED All-Star Battle on PS3, but I played the demo for EoH and it was...

Weird? I couldn't get the hang of it, the movement and hitboxes seemed clunky, and it just overall seemed way less fun than ASB. The OST also doesn't seem as good.

It's not an arena fighter like Ninja Storm, right? Or is it and I just had no idea how to play it?

And, ultimately, is it worth picking up for a JoJo fan, or should I just go back to ASB on my PS3?

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
get it cheap if you're a fan. the combo specials are a treat. it's pretty much a fanfic story, but it's weighed down by having it center on stardust crusaders

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Not worth even free. Its story is uninteresting. The combat is alrighty at best but it ins't nearly as entertaining as ASB because it's basic and the design docs, i have no proof but no doubt, were only "translate the moves from the manga to the videogame" because half of the roster feels half assed.

Also, being a 2vs2 arena fighter, not haviong local multiplayer is atrocious, so you need one copy of the game and a PS+ suscription to play online. And that without knowing if servers are even up today.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
The ending of the story mode is so bad, being ruined by focusing so much on Stardust Crusaders

Oct 27, 2017
It's fine.
Could have been way better if the story was more interesting.

If it was up to me I would have wanted a 2d fighter like Capcom's version or like the PS3 game.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
It's okay, I think a JoJo brawler could be stupid fun but CC2 just can't figure it out

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got it for 10 dollars and it's still not worth it. Not even on the same level as games like MHA or Ninja Storm and I'm not even a big fan of THOSE.

I wish All Star was available on PS4.

JoJo fans are still waiting on their come up. I also still believe they can go crazy with the 2D plane. Like P4A but even more over the top and goofy as JJBA is.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a poor game with solid fan service. I bought it on sale and was pretty disappointed with what I got.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Story and gameplay suck but a lot of the fan service is fantastic. I had enough fun with it at full price, I'd say it's worth picking up on sale.