• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone been keeping track on Era's statistics? I feel like it's gotten a bit quiet here sometimes. I have no idea what the posts per day used to be at GAF, but it feels like we're not quite as big. It even feels like discussion here has slowed down. 42k members is really good though for a forum these days, but how much new users are joining?

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My brother wants to join but he doesn't have an e-mail address Era will accept.

Beyond new members tho I haven't noticed much of a slow-down I guess.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm hungry so I think I'm going to heat up some pizza rolls.

Leave a message on this web zone if you want a pizza roll

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've got a head cold rn and am very unmotivated at work but otherwise I'm doing alright thanks

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Do you watch the statistics on the front page? It's pretty cool.

statsdtd07.png

We were very quiet for the holiday week (around 2,000 to 3,000 members online at any given time) but now we're back up to consistently 4,000-5,000 members online, which is where we were previously. Traffic also fluctuates with the seasons and around game releases. (Edit: This isn't a PR post. I just like stats. Ultimately who cares.)

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I recently broke up with my long term girlfriend and the mother of my two kids and now I have nowhere to live.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
I want some epic threads, on par with green wavy lines from the old forum. We're two days into 2019, I expect more from you, Era!

Other than that, not bad, thanks for asking.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Quality over quantity

I enjoy browsing and posting here because of the excellent moderation. Trolls, assholes and just general douchery plague pretty much every other forum I've used. Leaving GAF for Era was a no brainer and I continue to be happy with that decision, even if there aren't as many users as GAF had in it's time (compared to here, however, GAF still feels like ghost town).

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
Lots of threads seem to go faster than I can keep up with... so empirically it seems fine?

OP
OP
Olaf

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you watch the statistics on the front page? It's pretty cool.

statsdtd07.png

We were very quiet for the holiday week (around 2,000 to 3,000 members online at any given time) but now we're back up to consistently 4,000-5,000 members online, which is where we were previously. Traffic also fluctuates with the seasons and around game releases. (Edit: This isn't a PR post. I just like stats. Ultimately who cares.)
Damn that's not available on mobile. Just what I want!

Ryaaan14

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I feel like I use Reddit way more for actual content but I come here for bad takes and shitposting which have their place in the netverse

Oct 28, 2017
I am guessing that this place won't have the ability to pull in new users the way GAF did. GAF was made before things like Reddit and Twitter were big. It had a legacy appeal that brought people to it continuously. But this method of forum communication is simply dying. In another 10 years, I would expect it to be skeletal in traffic.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
You can use the sidebar to see online statistics. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.