Oct 25, 2017
Next year, book it.
(List of release dates)
I think we might get multiple revisions next year tbh.

Thanks for posting the full list.

I think what jumps out at me is where they've made multiple yearly revisions where a particular console has a mixed success or was bordering on failure, and where they've let one remain on sale.

Of their past handhelds I would be willing to argue that they've usually had mixed launches followed by successful revisions that remove glaring issues.

I don't think the Switch really needs that. It's had a successful launch and what issues the hardware has can be resolved by smaller changes rather than whole new models.

I don't think there's the same urgency that we saw with the gba, ds or 3ds.

Apr 9, 2018
2019 holiday at the earliest and the first revision is likely to be a form factor / accessibility one imo if it's that soon, for Pokemon. The beefed up Switch Pro or whatever comes next isn't really necessary before next gen starts, so I wouldn't expect it before then.

If you want a Switch just get one now, it's unlikely any revision in the next 2 years will be significantly different from the base model.

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Summer - Fall 2019

2 revisions....Switch mini and switch xl.

Mini will be sold as a handheld without the dock. But it will be compatible with a special dock which will be sold separately.

Switch xl will have the same size as the og switch but with a much smaller bezel. So a bigger screen and better specs. It will use the pascal architecture which will allow it to work with higher clock speeds but the upgrade will be moderate. Expect the available games to run with stable framerates and games with dynamic res to drop less but nothing crazy like doubling the fps or resolution.

The mini will cost 199 and the xl 299

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I think they will have some kind of revision or add-on early 2019 and the announcement to release timeframe will be very short. They don't want to miss out on the holiday season sales. The new version will also guarantee their 20 million shipment target.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Good options I see for next year:

1) Lite style revision: minor cosmetic changes (less bezel, brighter screen, etc), same general formfactor, 14/16nm revision, no spec increase but other benefits from process shrink (longer battery life, passive cooling), compatible with current joy-cons, dock, etc, possibly more internal memory, holds pricepoint. Replacement to current model.

2) Mini/Micro style revision: handheld/kid targeted unit, built in controls, no dock/tv mode, 14-16nm, smaller formfactor, other cost revisions, multiple colors, appreciably lower priceproint (ex: $199 vs $299). Supplemental to current model.

3) Both 1 & 2.

Given Nintendo's current shipment targets I could even see something like option 1 launching as soon as within this fiscal year (so Jan-Mar 2019). Option 2 I wouldn't expect until next summer at earliest, probably as a lead in to Pokémon Gen 8. I don't expect a spec bump revision until 2020/21 and depending on what Nvidia delivers may just push to a full successor instead.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping the future of the hybrid console will have enough bandwidth to support an eGPU in the dock. My current notebook (XPS 13) supports eGPU through Thunderbolt and it's really cool.

I'm hoping costs go down enough for the Super Switch with "power dock" to be the default configuration so we can get more beefed up games.

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
Summer - Fall 2019

2 revisions....Switch mini and switch xl.

Mini will be sold as a handheld without the dock. But it will be compatible with a special dock which will be sold separately.

Switch xl will have the same size as the og switch but with a much smaller bezel. So a bigger screen and better specs. It will use the pascal architecture which will allow it to work with higher clock speeds but the upgrade will be moderate. Expect the available games to run with stable framerates and games with dynamic res to drop less but nothing crazy like doubling the fps or resolution.

The mini will cost 199 and the xl 299

The "XL" won't be Pascal. A new custom Tegra chip is unlikely to use X2's GPU. It will either be a shrunk X1 (which performs the same) or based on newer architecture, likely Volta, but without the Tensor cores, I also suspect that they will use 512cuda cores (double the GPU size) because at the smaller node, they will not greatly increase price of the chip, and they will be able to hit 400GFLOPs handheld and 1TFLOP docked much easier. (384mhz in handheld and 921mhz docked) They would also move on to faster memory and cpu, as X2's CPU is denver and Xavier's CPU is carmel, it's likely going to be something like A72, if not exactly that for the performance, price and power draw.

I'm hoping the future of the hybrid console will have enough bandwidth to support an eGPU in the dock. My current notebook (XPS 13) supports eGPU through Thunderbolt and it's really cool.

I'm hoping costs go down enough for the Super Switch with "power dock" to be the default configuration so we can get more beefed up games.

They don't need to worry about bandwidth, the USBC port the current Switch uses is greater than 600MB/s which is much faster than any disc drive (30x faster) all they need is a $10-$20 CPU on the dock, so that the game is ran completely by the dock and is only reading the game media from the Switch like a disc drive and a key for your account, it can also use the switch for bluetooth, wifi and other function to reduce the price of the dock well below a PS5, while offering PS5 performance (if they want).

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just want to say I absolutely love the idea of a Switch TV model. Screenless and for $200 comes with joycon and a grip.

Shawndroid

May 24, 2018
Canada
Every Nintendo handheld ever has had a revision(s). Surprised at the number of people who think the Switch won't get one!

The problem is that every disagrees by what they meant about it. A lot of the people saying no are the ones talking about more powerful hardware. The ones saying yes are split: something cosmetic improvements or slight variations on the hardware, others think a more powerful system.

Comments are all over the place and it's a little silly. I wish people would be more clear about what they are asking or give their answer to all the different scenarios.

Iwata told before about making a "family of systems", running the same games.

I believe Nintendo will do that, launching a smaller, portable only system and a microconsole.

Yeah, but that was before the strategy for the Switch was nailed down. They may or may not go that way. And what it means is also a question. Did he mean release TV only, portable only, and switching systems as the family? Or did me mean a long term overlapping device strategy with increasing power as the years go by? I don't know.

And it could have changed radically since then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tovPBY149I&t=5s
Nope that is still Tegra X1 (T210), not Tegra Mariko (T214). All we know is that Nintendo has a custom Tegra chip coming out for the Switch, currently they use an off the shelf part.

Errrm... No, they don't. It's been a customised chip from the start. Both Nintendo and Nvidia confirmed this on multiple occasions, and it says as much explicitly on their respective official sites. I disputed this "off-the-shelf-part" BS at the Old Place at the time, and I still stand by it today. Apart from the fact that such a claim is inconsistent with what's actually happening on the Switch, I've also been sitting on lots of readily available information, which I've compiled over two years. Also, Unless you believe that both have lied to customers, investors, and the press the whole time. then the bolded part shouldn't be taken as anything but false facts and fast conclusions. A few fancy die shots reveal nothing - What you have there is the equivalent of looking at clear liquid in a glass and assuming it's tap water, when it could be lemonade, vodka, acid, or rain. Even if it is water, you can't confirm that it's hot, cold, lukewarm, a bit of both, whether it's been boiled at any point, if soap had been added to it, and any bubbles which formed have now disappeared since the events.

For some time, It's become very deeply apparent that there's a set of disillusioned (Nintendo) fans, who, at the launch of every platform, feel a need to present Tumblr fanfic-esque "hypotheticals" about some perceived "more powerful" systems. They long for Nintendo to re-enter the race to the bottom that is "spec wars", and nothing that they put out would've been "good enough", until they released "a PSBox that plays Nintendo games with the same tired-ass 5th Generation Hardware Variants that they've been using for the last 21 years". On the other side of that, you have similar ill-thought "hypotheticals" such as "Switch Mini/Nintendo Vita", where the aim is to strip away the unique selling points to achieve cheap, unrealistic prices which they perceive as "satisfactory" for their products. Coming back to the topic, A Switch revision is entirely plausible in the near future, but it won't be "Switch Mini", or anything which sacrifices the unique points that make it a Switch. The New 3DS will continue to co-exist, and somewhere down the line, a dual screen successor which shares a library with the Switch might be possible. Whatever. I'll leave it here.

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is that every disagrees by what they meant about it. A lot of the people saying no are the ones talking about more powerful hardware. The ones saying yes are split: something cosmetic improvements or slight variations on the hardware, others think a more powerful system.

Comments are all over the place and it's a little silly. I wish people would be more clear about what they are asking or give their answer to all the different scenarios.

Yeah, but that was before the strategy for the Switch was nailed down. They may or may not go that way. And what it means is also a question. Did he mean release TV only, portable only, and switching systems as the family? Or did me mean a long term overlapping device strategy with increasing power as the years go by? I don't know.

And it could have changed radically since then.

Iwata did clearly say that Nintendo should make their systems around the OS, like iOS/Android so that they could react faster to the market and release different performance levels and designs without breaking game compatibility. He was very clear that NX would be the start of these devices and that they might increase their form factors from 2 to 3 and ultimately we would decide how many form factors there are. More recently Nintendo confirmed that Switch will have a family of systems, so a mini to replace the 3DS makes perfect sense, especially next year as 3DS sales have dropped off a large amount, especially in Japan.

Errrm... No, they don't. It's been a customised chip from the start. Both Nintendo and Nvidia confirmed this on multiple occasions, and it says as much explicitly on their respective official sites. I disputed this "off-the-shelf-part" BS at the Old Place at the time, and I still stand by it today. Apart from the fact that such a claim is inconsistent with what's actually happening on the Switch, I've also been sitting on lots of readily available information, which I've compiled over two years. Also, Unless you believe that both have lied to customers, investors, and the press the whole time. then the bolded part shouldn't be taken as anything but false facts and fast conclusions. A few fancy die shots reveal nothing - What you have there is the equivalent of looking at clear liquid in a glass and assuming it's tap water, when it could be lemonade, vodka, acid, or rain. Even if it is water, you can't confirm that it's hot, cold, lukewarm, a bit of both, whether it's been boiled at any point, if soap had been added to it, and any bubbles which formed have now disappeared since the events.

For some time, It's become very deeply apparent that there's a set of disillusioned (Nintendo) fans, who, at the launch of every platform, feel a need to present Tumblr fanfic-esque "hypotheticals" about some perceived "more powerful" systems. They long for Nintendo to re-enter the race to the bottom that is "spec wars", and nothing that they put out would've been "good enough", until they released "a PSBox that plays Nintendo games with the same tired-ass 5th Generation Hardware Variants that they've been using for the last 21 years". On the other side of that, you have similar ill-thought "hypotheticals" such as "Switch Mini/Nintendo Vita", where the aim is to strip away the unique selling points to achieve cheap, unrealistic prices which they perceive as "satisfactory" for their products. Coming back to the topic, A Switch revision is entirely plausible in the near future, but it won't be "Switch Mini", or anything which sacrifices the unique points that make it a Switch. The New 3DS will continue to co-exist, and somewhere down the line, a dual screen successor which shares a library with the Switch might be possible. Whatever. I'll leave it here.

Switch uses Tegra T210, which is X1, Maxwell, released in May, it isn't "custom" except for the name of the chip, maybe some power gating, it even has the same base clock of 76.8mhz, which is multipled to 5x and 10x for its different performance modes. Mariko is Tegra T214 which is a brand new design that hasn't been used before. The T210 is confirmed in the firmware, as is T214, it's officially Tegra X1 design, though modified while Mariko is a brand new design.

Also while I've noticed these people too, I'm not one of them, I'm a tech head who loves Nintendo and thinks the Switch is an amazing device, I also know that Nintendo's history is very clear, they always revision their handhelds, and have done so within the first 18 months to 2 year mark for the past 16 years.

EDIT: Switch Mini would not be different from how Nintendo dropped 3D and the clamshell design with the 2DS. I'm speculating, so feel free to disagree, but your fantasy is no more realistic, and fails the history test.

Last edited:

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
We are in uncharted territory. Nintendo usually doesn't do console revisions except make them cheaper and usually in the 2nd half of the lifecycle but they do lots of handheld revisions.

I want an X2 based Switch but we are just as likely to get no revision or simply a dockless sku with no major changes

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
2) Mini/Micro style revision: handheld/kid targeted unit, built in controls, no dock/tv mode, 14-16nm, smaller formfactor, other cost revisions, multiple colors, appreciably lower priceproint (ex: $199 vs $299). Supplemental to current model.

The only problem I see with this is why not at least offer docked/tv mode? You don't need to bundle a dock with the device but it should still have the same USB-C port at the bottom and be thin enough to be inserted into a dock. You obviously can't detach the controllers but then you can just use external controllers like any console.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I am getting a Switch in Feb 2019 so we will probably get a revision announced by July 2019. Every time in the last ~15 years I've bought a console after the release window a revision has been announced within six months.

PS2, PSP, PS3, Vita, DS, 3DS.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
I would love it if they would just put the hardware they have now in a non portable set top box with hdd support.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Hopefully they figure out a way to transfer all your data from one system to another by the time the revision comes...

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
The only problem I see with this is why not at least offer docked/tv mode? You don't need to bundle a dock with the device but it should still have the same USB-C port at the bottom and be thin enough to be inserted into a dock. You obviously can't detach the controllers but then you can just use external controllers like any console.
They could do a unique dock/cradle for tv mode sure. That'd be a nice value ad but I wouldn't expect it bundled like the normal Switch model.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
They could do a unique dock/cradle for tv mode sure. That'd be a nice value ad but I wouldn't expect it bundled like the normal Switch model.

No, I more meant that it should still be able to fit into the normal Switch dock.

Say you own a Switch and a dock and you want to buy a Switch mini for your kid. You'll get the Switch mini for $200 without a dock but they can still use your existing dock with that Switch mini. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't let a new smaller Switch with built-in controls fit in a standard dock.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
no revision. switch 2 in 2020 along side xbox 2 and ps5.

I honestly think one of the things that made the Switch successful is that it came out mid-to-late generation. One of the reasons that people are impressed with the Switch and buy (and are often re-buying) many games for it is because of the fact that its a handheld that can play current generation software. It really is astonishing that the console that is like 1/8th the size of a PS4 or Xbox One can play Doom 2016.

If Nintendo wants to keep this hybrid strategy going forward, I think their best bet is to release mid-generation, so that technology wise this is possible/affordable.

Moreover, they wouldn't release Switch 2 so early either because they will want to take advantage of the large installed base.

My guess is that we'll see a Switch 1 revision some time in the year after the new PS and Xbox launches.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
No, I more meant that it should still be able to fit into the normal Switch dock.

Say you own a Switch and a dock and you want to buy a Switch mini for your kid. You'll get the Switch mini for $200 without a dock but they can still use your existing dock with that Switch mini. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't let a new smaller Switch with built-in controls fit in a standard dock.
That won't work as Switch mini would likely change formfactors. It'd be smaller with integrated controls to reduce costs and appeal to kids.

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
That won't work as Switch mini would likely change formfactors. It'd be smaller with integrated controls to reduce costs and appeal to kids.

It could still fit in the current dock... The current dock has the Switch sticking out all around the device, you could still have it sticking out of the dock if it's a mini design, the big reduction in size would still likely be bigger than a Vita.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Yes, I acknowledged that in my post you quoted. I'm saying that they would likely still design it- even if it's smaller and has integrated controls- to be able to fit in a standard Switch dock.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
It could still fit in the current dock... The current dock has the Switch sticking out all around the device, you could still have it sticking out of the dock if it's a mini design, the big reduction in size would still likely be bigger than a Vita.
I'd expect a mini to be around Vita size tbh. Besides this way Nintendo can sell you a new cradle. ;)

Every 3DS model used a different cradle too.

Yes, I acknowledged that in my post you quoted. I'm saying that they would likely still design it- even if it's smaller and has integrated controls- to be able to fit in a standard Switch dock.
Yeah, that seems highly unlikely given Nintendo's track record.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
I expect a revision next year. Probably will still fit in existing docks. Bigger screen, lighter weight, little more power under the hood.

The big upgrade I want to the Switch concept is thunderbolt and a true eGPU in the dock. But that's a Switch 2 idea I think. I would actually be pretty pumped if the revision was a switch Pro and had eGPU.

Deleted member 3769

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They don't need to worry about bandwidth, the USBC port the current Switch uses is greater than 600MB/s which is much faster than any disc drive (30x faster) all they need is a $10-$20 CPU on the dock, so that the game is ran completely by the dock and is only reading the game media from the Switch like a disc drive and a key for your account, it can also use the switch for bluetooth, wifi and other function to reduce the price of the dock well below a PS5, while offering PS5 performance (if they want).
That's not pple have been saying here. It would be cool if they were to release a gpu dock but i doubt it.

Oct 27, 2017
I can't see it happening until fully 2019 with Pokémon, just like 2ds in 2013.

And i think it will be budget focused, trying to get the portable 3DS gamer since they've been going after console gamers this whole time with switch so far.

I would expect a $199 sku or a $250 sku. Maybe an option without the dock but everything still works on a model with a smaller screen. In a perfect world, a foldable system.

Hopefully they make it 7 or 10nm, take out the fan and shrink it a bit. Also, push battery life up to 5+hours (full brightness, so 7-8 hours low) with die shrinks. No point in adding more power especially since they will never upgrade the 720p screen. They never have upgraded screen resolution with gbc, gba sp, DS lite, dsi, new 3DS, etc

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'd expect a mini to be around Vita size tbh. Besides this way Nintendo can sell you a new cradle. ;)

Every 3DS model used a different cradle too.

Yeah, that seems highly unlikely given Nintendo's track record.

They could sell you an old existing dock too. Instead of having to open up manufacturing lines for this new, smaller dock.

And a side effect of designing it to fit into a standard dock will be that it could (likely) fit into the slots designed for the tablet in Labo kits too. After all, it's a product aimed at kids, just like the Switch mini would be.

I don't see Nintendo wanting to muddy the message by offering a new product that's incompatible with basically everything they've already released. It makes way more sense to design it to be compatible so that they can sell more of their pre-existing products and accessories, rather than have to design and sell new products and accessories.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
I'll wager anybody on ERA that Nintendo will have at least a Switch iteration by holiday 2019 and a "beefed up" Switch Pro with Pascal by Spring 2020. The next gen console releases should have Nintendo having a release.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
They could sell you an old existing dock too. Instead of having to open up manufacturing lines for this new, smaller dock.

And a side effect of designing it to fit into a standard dock will be that it could (likely) fit into the slots designed for the tablet in Labo kits too. After all, it's a product aimed at kids, just like the Switch mini would be.

I don't see Nintendo wanting to muddy the message by offering a new product that's incompatible with basically everything they've already released. It makes way more sense to design it to be compatible so that they can sell more of their pre-existing products and accessories, rather than have to design and sell new products and accessories.
I just don't see how a smaller unit with integrated controls could be designed to safely slot into the current dock. And I don't see the incentive for Nintendo to limit their industrial design teams to that sort of thing either, especially not for a handheld focused revision that could just as easily drop tv mode entirely.

3DS had 4 separate cradles for each model, and no official 2DS cradles or compatibility. I'm sorry to say you can most likely expect more Switch docks in your future too.

Metal B

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EDIT: Switch Mini would not be different from how Nintendo dropped 3D and the clamshell design with the 2DS. I'm speculating, so feel free to disagree, but your fantasy is no more realistic, and fails the history test.
They dropped 3D, because it could be a harmful for children and so they didn't wanted to scare away parents. The 3DS was a clear exception and not the rule.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't see how a smaller unit with integrated controls could be designed to safely slot into the current dock. And I don't see the incentive for Nintendo to limit their industrial design teams to that sort of thing either, especially not for a handheld focused revision that could just as easily drop tv mode entirely.

3DS had 4 separate cradles for each model, and no official 2DS cradles or compatibility. I'm sorry to say you can most likely expect more Switch docks in your future too.

Wait, really? I honestly only remember one 3DS cradle total.

And Switch docks are a bit more involved in terms of manufacturing, but I guess they can use the exact same electronic components and just use a different shell.

So yeah maybe you're right, it just seems like it would be a missed opportunity. Especially when it comes to Labo compatibility.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
They dropped 3D, because it could be a harmful for children and so they didn't wanted to scare away parents. The 3DS was a clear exception and not the rule.

They dropped 3D because the screens were expensive and i believe they lost a patent case and had to pay extra royalties per screen

In hindsight 3DS was held back by the 3D screen. It screwed up its pricing and put Nintendo in a huge bind

Oct 30, 2017
Imagine that larger screen here, moving the right joystick up, would actually make the entire device more comfortable to use IMO. This device would actually be larger than a 3DS or Vita, but not by much at all, it would still be far more portable, and moving to 16nm would actually increase the battery life by nearly 2 hours, while actually running the docked clock/performance. If it used A72 CPU, it could even have a 1.7Ghz CPU (about double the performance of the 1GHz A57 CPU it uses now) for the same power consumption.

There is also a lot of places to save on price, the Nvidia Tegra X1 Shield sells for as little as $140 dollars on sale (happened last week at best buy, there was even a thread about it here) so selling a Switch Mini for $199 that has similar performance, same size battery and no joycons/dock, should indeed be possible. Nintendo even sells the current Switch without a dock in Japan for $240, without any price saving reductions in complexity that a mini would bring.

All of this would still allow the device to dock without increasing the price, it simply wouldn't come with a dock or controllers, though a dock bundle with a pro controller or joycons could exist.

i think you are being extremely optimistic about power consumption. would this device still be actively cooled? how big a battery do you think would be possible? increasing the battery life by two full hours simply by going to 16nm is a pipe dream, for one thing, but even if that were remotely in the realm of possibility the move would be to get to a switch in the current size with workable power consumption. or larger!

i would not want to play the majority of switch games on a smaller screen — many of them like bayonetta and zelda are already pushing it. price reduction is one thing, but if you're predicating this on a die shrink, nintendo could similarly achieve more efficient costs while actually developing a more useful product by increasing the size or iterating on the current form factor. you think it'd cost meaningfully more to do exactly what you describe but with a 7- or 8-inch screen instead of 5.7-inch? no.

there's no reason to make the switch smaller. you'd lose its most unique capability and would gain almost nothing in portability. i'm absolutely convinced it won't happen unless it's a game boy micro-type situation way down the line.

the way to reduce the price of the switch is to reduce the price of the switch.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
They dropped 3D because the screens were expensive and i believe they lost a patent case and had to pay extra royalties per screen

In hindsight 3DS was held back by the 3D screen. It screwed up uts pricing and put Nintendo in a huge bind
And they probably had some data on a large portion of the user base not using it or not using it much.

Much like how their data shows that only about half of the Switch userbase actually use it as a hybrid.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, really? I honestly only remember one 3DS cradle total.

And Switch docks are a bit more involved in terms of manufacturing, but I guess they can use the exact same electronic components and just use a different shell.

So yeah maybe you're right, it just seems like it would be a missed opportunity. Especially when it comes to Labo compatibility.
The original 3DS actually came bundled with it's cradle. 3DS XL, n3DS and n3DS XL each had their own separate cradles too. The n3DS cradles were vertical while the originals were flat and none are intercompatible.

I'd also expect Switch mini to probably break Labo compatibility tbh.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
And they probably had some data on a large portion of the user base not using it or not using it much.

Much like how their data shows that only about half of the Switch userbase actually use it as a hybrid.

Huh? I thought it was something like 80% use it as a hybrid. Or was it something like 50% use it as a hybrid frequently?

The original 3DS actually came bundled with it's cradle. 3DS XL, n3DS and n3DS XL each had their own separate cradles too.

I'd also expect Switch mini to probably break Labo compatibility tbh.

I thought you were saying each 3DS model had 4 different cradles. Meaning something like 16 total cradles.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
The Switch is still selling like hotcakes. Releasing a revision so soon is going to canabalize the base and others will feel disgruntled in purchasing their system after more than one year in the system's lifespan.

It isn't going to be for a long time.

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its fine. If they dont make it then I wont get a Switch. I am not hurting for games to play. Just that Ive been playing Nintendo systems since the NES but I decided to skip the Switch because it just wasnt for me.

You're waiting on a specific revision even though the console isn't for you, and have been playing Nintendo games your whole life?

Makes a lot of sense.