kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Probably zero. Gamepass has plenty of content for me and I may buy a few games on sale here and there, but doubt I'll pay full price for anything when GPU gives me an ongoing backlog (all Yakuza games on there, for example as I'm part way through Kiwami 1 and 2 and still have the other 5).

Mandelbrot

Sep 16, 2019
  • Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
  • Skyward Sword HD
  • Pokemon Diamond/Pearl remake (if available and good)
  • Wind Waker HD / Twilight Princess HD (if available)

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
Monster hunter rise if there is a PC version. Waiting is always better since not only you can get the game cheaper but also with patches you can get a better experience than you would get at launch.
A recent example for me is Ghost of tsushima which received an update that made Loadouts available in the game. I could not imagine playing the game without it cause I like changing my equipment a lot.

Edit: the reason I make an exception with MH is cause I'll probably be playing that game for the next year so waiting is not really needed.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't bought anything at MSRP in ages. There are always discounts on digital cards and waiting until the holiday sales means you can pickup this years best games for $20-30.

DarkTom

Nov 9, 2017
Probably none, Game pass is there.

There is a little chance I buy Mass Effect Trilogy and Fifa 22.

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
Without knowing the release calendar, I'll go with less than 5 . Borrowing some from previous posters:

Returnal
Hollow Knight: Silksong
God of War/Horizon
NBA 2K

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Definitely will buy or already bought
  • Mario 3D World
  • Mario Golf
Strong Maybes
  • Skyward Sword HD
  • New Pokemon Snap
Games I would buy if not for GamePass
  • Halo Infinite

Honestly looking like a pretty light year for me, if I buy a new console it will be a Series S or Series X which will be a GamePass box, no next gen console yet. I plan on playing quite a bit of retro stuff this year and investing in some flash carts though, I'm getting a retro setup together next month at my new house.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil Village.

God of War 2 is not coming this year, no way.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
So far it will be Resident Evil and COD.

I'm challenging myself to buy way, way, way less games and actually play them. And replay the good ones.

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely:

BD2
MHRise
MHS2
NMH3
Rune Factory 5
Neo the world ends with you
SMTV

Waiting

GnG (physical version)
Skyward Sword (some worthy changes)
BOTW2 (If it releases this year lol)
SMT III (if they have the issues corrected in the physical version)

Last edited:

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
None. I don't game enough to justify full price purchases anymore. Plus, there is not a game anywhere out there or on the horizon that I simply MUST have.

Add to that I still have a TON of content to play through on PSNow & Stadia, along with the rest of my backlog and I am set for a LONG time.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing planned, silksong if it releases I guess. Only bought H3 so far.
Also lol elden ring isn't releasing

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
Depends on what actually gets released this year. I'm expecting delays on some of these bigger games but I'm happy to be wrong.

_Rob_

Oct 26, 2017
I do not know whether Psychonauts and Clive n Wrench will be full price (will the latter in its retail form, _Rob_ ?). Those are the only game I plan to buy on or around launch day that are currently announced for 2021. A new Sonic game is probably due 2021 though and I will buy that day 1.

Depends on your definition of "full priced", but certainly not AAA prices! Standard physical edition is up for pre-order at £34.99, presently.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Depends on your definition of "full priced", but certainly not AAA prices! Standard physical edition is up for pre-order at £34.99, presently.
Thanks, not full price then in the context of this thread (but a planned day one purchase if I am "free" at the time of release).