How many of your dualsense controllers has suffered from drift?

Votes: 216 23.8%

Votes: 122 13.4%

Votes: 38 4.2%

Votes: 28 3.1%
  • 5+

Votes: 17 1.9%

Votes: 487 53.6%

• Total voters

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thankfully none, and it has been my main controller for the past two years.

My first joy-cons and my Pro Controller had drift, but the worst luck I've had was with the 360 controller, I went through five or six of them.

CabooseMSG

Jun 27, 2020
Ive only owned two, but my first one had drift and like a 3 hour at best battery. My new controller has no drift and like 4-4.5 hour battery. So ive stuck with that lol. Always thoroughly underwhelmed with Playstation controllers

Oct 25, 2017
I have drift issues with my first controller. It got so bad that it was drifting all the way to the left. I got it repaired a few days ago for about $15.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
None of them. Just on my Dualsense edge alone I've played more than 50 hours on FF16, Ragnarok, Elden ring, RE4 remake and no stick drift.

On my OG Dualsense controllers I have over 100 hours on TLOU2 & Elden ring and no stick drift. Wtf are y'all doing to your controllers.

g-m1n1

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
Launch controller still OK.

Had an issue with the DS4 on PS4, but got a replacement after a few months and it never occurred again.

MrTomato

Jan 20, 2022
None, even though PS5 is my main platform. Stick drift hasn't been an issue at all so far.
Especially compared to the PS4 controllers

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
None but my R1 got mushy twice, too much Elden Ring I suppose. I hope the R1 thing doesn't happen on my Edge.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Non, I've got 2 (launch and one of the newer versions purchased last year) and both are completely fine. Guess I've been lucky, never had stick drift with any of my controllers on any console, all the way back to PS1.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
Of our 3 controllers just one developed it bad enough that using contact cleaner stopped working to fix it.

So I soldered in some HE analogs. No more drifting since.

Burny

Oct 26, 2017
To those people who kept buying controllers due to issues with the sticks: Are there no replacement sticks available? My first intuition would be to buy a replacement stick, open the controller and put the replacement in. Or is it more involved (soldering rather than connectors?) in the Dual Sense controllers?

Replacing the entire controller sounds wasteful, unless there's more to it I'm not seeing.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
To those people who kept buying controllers due to issues with the sticks: Are there no replacement sticks available? My first intuition would be to buy a replacement stick, open the controller and put the replacement in. Or is it more involved (soldering rather than connectors?) in the Dual Sense controllers?

Replacing the entire controller sounds wasteful, unnless there's more to it I'm not seeing.
Soldering. Plus the time spent calibrating rhem.

Burny

Oct 26, 2017
Soldering. Plus the time spent calibrating rhem.
Shame on Sony then for designing the controllers that way.

Still holding out for a PS5 Pro after the Slim wasn't much of a Slim, so I might face the drift issue in the future. Overall though, the soldering involved looks doable with a bit of practice. There seem to be even cheap hall effect replacements available online. If someone has never soldered and lacks the equipment altogether, I can understand going for a new controller instead. I'd also probably go for a new controller to immediately have a working replacement and try to fix the old one as a quiet evening project later, so I have multiple working ones.

View: https://youtu.be/gutW_ABGlUA

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
Shame on Sony then for designing the controllers that way.

Still holding out for a PS5 Pro after the Slim wasn't much of a Slim, so I might face the drift issue in the future. Overall though, the soldering involved looks doable with a bit of practice. There seem to be even cheap hall effect replacements available online. If someone has never soldered and lacks the equipment altogether, I can understand going for a new controller instead. I'd also probably go for a new controller to immediately have a working replacement and try to fix the old one as a quiet evening project later, so I have multiple working ones.

View: https://youtu.be/gutW_ABGlUA

Granted I have the tools and experience for it, but it wasn't too difficult or lengthy a process. Calibrating took longer.

I think the ones I bought from Amazon were $16?

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
No drift from my launch or two subsequent controllers however one has an issue with the R2 button as it now offers no resistance and will activate from the lightest touch.

W17LY

Aug 29, 2018
I had to sent the for repair to Sony the one included with the console and another one I purchased separately.

Sony sent to me brand new controllers in both cases. One of those controllers suffers drift again.

So 3.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
4. I'm on my 5th and 6th Dualsense now. These fuckers are not built to last.

Radical Ein

Jan 25, 2018
I've had 3, and all 3 have gotten it. The first one after about a month back in 2020. Got it replaced under warranty, and that one, and one I bought last year, have both recently started drifting.

wanderjahr

May 8, 2020
8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G Controller has hall effect, back paddles, customizable and is $50. I bought one after 2 of my xbox elite controllers broke and I'm so glad I did. Great controller, I use it for PC and it's flawless and battery life is amazing.

Stavo

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 26, 2022
Brazil
I'm on my first one and the left stick had some awful drifting a few weeks ago. I got it repaired/replaced, only for it to still have some minor drifting.
I've owned it for like 6 months. ):

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
My Starlight Blue one started drifting upwards when I was playing FFVII Rebirth, less than a year after I bought it. I've found that spraying a bit of electrical contact cleaner around the stick, rotating it and leaving it to dry fixes it, but only temporarily. It always starts doing it again after a few days of use.

My original white one has a different issue with a creaky L2, I think I only used it for a week or two before it became too annoying. It happens intermittently, so I'm not sure they'd find anything wrong even if I tried to get a replacement. The blue controller has started having the same issue too, but with R2 and less frequently.

ALXJ

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Feb 16, 2021
I'll try to enter in contact with sony tomorrow to see if there's any kind of warranty

just got after the phone call with SIE support, their warranty is 12 months, not 16.
Fortunately there are LAWS where I am that protect me against things like controller* drift. I'll probably need to sue them for them to start doing something (fortunately, the 'low' value of the DualSense makes it possible to do it without a lawyer, for free.)

I'll keep you posted (though no one asked for haha)

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
My launch console controller has it, but it's below the dead zone of most games, so i don't often notice it.

Most recently i ran into it in the skill tree menus of ff7 rebirth. Cursor Kept jumping off of the skills i was trying to buy.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still on my pack-in launch controller without issues. But going by my other modern controllers, it takes me a minimum of 7 years to wear down a stick to the point of developing drift.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I had two go bad, my launch unit and a replacement. I found an Edge on sale at Best Buy and got that instead and have enjoyed it a lot... as I will when replacing a single stick costs me far less than a new controller.

Birdito

Oct 30, 2017
I voted 0, but that was before the left stick on my blue one went, now it veers left. And the rubber on both sticks on my red one is starting to chip a bit and come up. Not cool. Meanwhile I have like 8-year-old DS4s that are still kicking.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
I own 1 and it started to show stick drift after about a year of relatively light use.

It's the only controller I have ever owned that I've had stick drift issues with.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Out of my two controllers, one drifts pretty bad, but only on certain games for whatever reason. Horizon: FW is unplayable with it.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Two of them got drift. The one that came with my PS5 had it's R2 button completely fail. Which was really frustrating.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I've had two for a year and a half and have yet to experience it frequently. Only noticed one start to do it if I flicked it just right when playing Borderlands 3 the other day. But that's just par for the course.