• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How many streaming services are you subscribed to right now?

• 0 (Nirvana achieved)

Votes: 90 16.1%

Votes: 121 21.6%
  • 2-3

Votes: 197 35.2%
  • 4-5

Votes: 94 16.8%
  • 6-7

Votes: 32 5.7%
  • 8-9

Votes: 15 2.7%
  • 10+ (help me. my family is dying)

Votes: 11 2.0%

• Total voters

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Down to 0. I never used any of them.

Edit: Forgot I do technically have Apple Music but I only subscibe when they give me free trials.

dotpatrick

Oct 28, 2017
Criterion Channel is the only one that I get the yearly sub for. Everything else is getting rotated out on a consistent basis.

I've never felt like anyone streaming service has had enough stuff coming out that I can't catch up on by subbing for 3-4 months out of the year. Saves me a ton of money too.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Disney Plus Bundle I'll count as one.
Netflix - I wish I could quit, they just have too much worth watching
Amazon Prime - I have by default, my family orders so much product via Amazon it makes no sense to not have the sub to save on shipping.
Crunchyroll, I am grandfathered into an older Premium subscription that only costs a single payment of $59.95/yearly, no way I'll ever cancel this given the newer prices.
Max
Youtube TV
replaced cable in our home, I guess that counts.
Spotify for music. I buy the stuff I really like still to support artists and because I need my stuff in FLAC as a true pinky in the air audiophile, but Spotify is amazing for music discovery, plus I don't feel like managing local files on my phone when I'm on the go.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I just added Dropout which puts me at 9. Seven tv/movies + DC Infinite + Spotify. Plus I use Hoopla/Libby/Tubi regularly for free stuff. There isn't enough time in the world for all of them but I use them each month, and I want to support stuff like Dropout/Criterion anyway.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Technically just Hulu for $1/month for a while. I managed to swindle my way into family plans for Spotify and Disney+ which I haven't paid for lol. Used to be on someone's Netflix but got cut from that last year when they stopped allowing sharing, and Max I got logged out and haven't gotten back in yet.

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
Zero

I do technically have a subscription to Peacock Premium but I got that as an Xfinity Reward so I ain't paying for it.

Other than that? I exclusively use entirely free services like Tubi, Pluto TV, and Retrocrush (for my retro anime fix).

Am considering subbing to Retrocrush though to support them + some series and movies are exclusive to premium members, think it's only $50 a year.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
HBO Max and Crunchyroll. I have Netflix as well but that comes with T-Mobile for an extra few dollars so I don't know if that counts

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
7. Majority of them I have a deal or T-Mobile is paying for most or all of the costs.

XL Hoodie

Oct 25, 2017
U.S.
Dropped them all but Spotify.

The only reason I keep it is because I have a deceased family member on my plan and I don't want to lose their account.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
1. Apple One (TV/Music)
2. Netflix
3. Disney Bundle (D+/Hulu)
4. Max
5. Criterion Channel
6. Amazon Prime (for the shipping)

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Apple TV+ is part of my Apple One family plan. (Six people.)

The two or three oscillates between Netflix, Disney+, and Crunchyroll.

Jan 20, 2022
Spotify and Max are the only ones I maintain. Others I'll sub to if they have something that interests me but I'll cancel soon after.

I have Amazon Prime so I suppose that counts too. But I don't actually watch Prime Video

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
2-3. I pay for Max and the D+/Hulu bundle. We do also have Netflix in the household, but I don't pay for it or use it. *shrug*

Had trials for Apple+, Peacock, and Paramount+ and used them each exactly 0 times. Never even bothered with the rest.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
  • Netflix (paid for by T-Mobile)
  • Hulu (paid for by T-Mobile)
  • Prime Video (wife's account)
  • Disney+ ($2 a month)
  • Discovery+ ($2 a month)
That's pretty much it.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Hulu
Max
PeacockTV
Paramount+
Disney
Auto renew has been removed from all of them.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon Prime w/ Prime Music: Spoiled by Same/Next Day shipping, and Spotify still doesn't have lossless 3 years after I left for that very reason. Prime Video also has a handful of shows & films I'm invested in. Thanks again for Suspiria 2018.

YouTube Premium - I use YT daily on a variety of devices. Worth every penny.

Apple TV+ - They've had the most consistently quality line-up over the past couple of years, especially if you're a Sci-Fi fan.

Everything else is in shorter spurts - a month or two here & there. Although I have had Netflix running since the Holidays, which is the longest stretch in some years. HBO/Max was a staple for ages, but then Zaslav.

Jan 20, 2024
At the moment, two: Disney+ and Amazon Prime. Amazon is more so for the faster delivery but it's not hard to resubscribe when needed.

For D+, just gotta finish Malcom in the Middle and then I'm out.

Indurian

Oct 27, 2017
1 or 2 at a time.

1 video service at a time and Spotify premium when they give me 3 months for the price of one.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
just Dropout continuously

i sub to things when they got stuff i wanna see, but once its done i drop the sub

im currently subbed to netflix for Delicious in Dungeon, but once that ends i'll be cancelling

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Always on:
Max
Prime
Hulu
Pandora
Disney via my parents (so I think we can stop Hulu and watch with ads?)
Netflix via in laws

Only on Free trials/giveaways/whatever
Appletv
Paramount
Peacock
Mbltv T-Mobile Tuesday

May 10, 2018
I have Netflix, Hulu/Disney & Max.

My mom lets me use her Amazon Prime.

Currently on another free trial for AppleTV+ too. I've gotten about two years worth of free trials for that.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
Disney+, YouTube Premium and Netflix.

Occasionally will get a month of the other ones.

When password sharing blocking stops family members from using Disney+ or Netflix I will probably just go from having them continuously to a couple of months of the year.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Personally paying for my own Netflix and Apple TV+ accounts. I share Amazon Prime, Spotify, the Disney Bundle, and Max with my family, the last of which we have free through Verizon.

holeung

Oct 28, 2017
At the moment it is the peak of my number of subscrirtions, was given Apple TV+ for 3 months from a purchase of Mac mini, Disney+ for 6 months from a purchase of Samsung S24+ and 4 months of Youtube premium trial from a purchase of Galaxy tab S9+.

Netflix & Hbo go are included in my mobile data plan.

Mubi
Prime Video
and 4 niche local streamings you will never heard of.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Just Netflix. My backlog is immense just form Netflix alone so I dont know how I would have time to watch stuff from other platforms. But I will always only sub to one service regardless.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
Spotify
Netflix
Hulu
D+

Don't count Prime since it's a companion to the shipping perks as far as I'm concerned. I'm not sure I've ever used it.

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
criterion
max
prime
hulu
showtime
starz
paramount
peacock
apple
disney
amc
comedy bang bang world
audible

and there's nothing to consume still am i right

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
Netflix, Crunchyroll, Hulu, Paramount, and I think my wife still has Peacock. Amazon if that counts, not the reason I subscribe but it's there.

Decided not to renew Disney+ around December or so, and also stopped paying for YouTube. Pretty sure we'll get rid of Crunchyroll and Paramount/Peacock soon enough, too. Just rarely use them and it all adds up over the course of a year

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Apple Music
Apple TV+
Netflix
Disney+
Amazon Prime Video
YouTube Premium
Shudder
Criterion Channel

It's a bit much.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
YouTube Premium
YouTube Music
Crunchyroll

YouTube Music comes with Premium, but I've used it ever since it was called Google Music, so I'm not sure if I should count this as 2 or 3 subscriptions.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
Netflix - Still the best value for me, so much diversity. Documentaries, movies, tv shows, anime, and a lot of international content.
Crunchyroll - This has been getting most of my time for the past few months since I got back into anime, but it obviously has no value for people not into it.
Prime - I only really have it for games and stuff, and it's only 2 euroes a month, so it's whatever. They have some great stuff though, like Fallout.
Disney+ - I only really keep it because we share the account with a friend, but I'd have probably dropped it otherwise. Currently Shogun is pretty good, but I can't remember what was the last thing I watched on it before that. They also usually fuck us over here with their anime releases where they don't simulcast them and only release them months late.
Youtube Premium - It's a must. It not only enhances the YT experience by a lot, but gives access to YT Music, which means I don't have to pay for another music service. And for the same price as well.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Disney+ & Hulu are $4 with my Verizon plan, Max is free with my AT&T Fiber, and I subscribe to Dropout for $7 a month for fantastic improv+D&D live play. Those are my constant subscriptions. I sometimes subscribe to Netflix and Paramount+ when there are specials like for the current year.

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
HBO continiously, every once in a while Netflxi to catch up on stuff I want to see

Henry Jones Jr

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
MAX and Hulu+Disney permanently. Rotate in peacock/paramount/Netflix/Apple TV+ for a couple of months a year each.

Bobbetybob

Nov 11, 2017
Spotify and Netflix (and Gamepass if that counts), partner subscribes to Crunchyroll as well. I get Apple TV free trials pretty much constantly and subscribe to Disney+/Amazon when I want to watch something new.