• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
My apartment is somehow big enough for a couch. Couches are a weird thing in that you can spend several grand on one or a guy on nextdoor will just give you one if you can get it out of his house. And everything in between.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
$800 for a generic leather couch. Next one will be a $1100 mid century modern fabric couch.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
We got ours for like $200 from brother-in-law's parents. They threw in two end tables and a coffee table and transported it to our place as well. I've broke a spring on it a couple times, but I've also learned how to replace it.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
ā‚¬0. Got a two and a three seater for free from someone who moved to another country.

Oct 25, 2017
We have a white leather one that was about $800 and a gray power reclining leather couch in our basement that was like $1200.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I should go to bed I read the topic title wrong and lost it.

roughly 500 years ago

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Around $400 for a pretty basic one, liked the blue color since I wanted my apartment to have sort of "funky feeling". But fuck me, the fabric/material on it ain't that soft, so I have it covered with soft blankets and pillows. It really does look pretty funky now though!

Is velvet couch to go for? If you want a softer fabric? I haven't done my couch research, but I'm thinking of replacing mine in a near future.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
$0. Got my love seat couch from my parents years ago. Thinking of picking up a new one since the cushions are getting a bit flat, though.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cloth one was about $1000, the leather one about $1200. Both pretty comfy.
Cashed in a bunch of credit card miles because I'm not traveling any time soon, which paid for both of them.

br0ken_shad0w

Oct 27, 2017
Washington
Had a $100 Ikea that worked in a pinch, but eventually trashed. Eventually I'll get something modular and easy to disassemble like a Lovesac or Campaign because if there's one thing I hate with moving, it's bulky and awkwardly shaped furniture.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
It was just over Ā£4k, that did include an extra single seat and a footstool though.

I don't really like it much to be honest but my wife loves it, I'm looking forward to replacing it this year.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Not a dime actually. It's a really nice leather corner sofa that my parents bought but they ended up not liking it and stored it. When I moved out they gave it to me. I don't know what they spent, but I know it was pretty expensive, maybe 4 or 5k.

Oct 27, 2017
Ā£2k for a 4 seater and a 2 seater. The wife wanted a sort of velvet finish which stuck the price up by like Ā£300. It's a lot of money but they're really comfy and with any luck will last for decades.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Got a cheap one from Big Lots. It's alright, sometimes I wish I had a better one. The cushions aren't the best.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
About 2K or so for leather. I'm ok with fabric but my daughter went to town on my old couch spilling all kinds of shit on it that I said screw it and went leather.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Ā£380

The list price was actually Ā£3,000. But my partner worked for a furniture store, and was made redundant when the company went under. We managed to get a hell of a deal on a really cool sofa, which helped soften the blow.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
A few hundred bucks at Ikea. It's survived a really long time, despite having my ceiling cave in on it one time.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
About $900AUD from Fantastic Furniture - it's a decent couch, I sleep on it fairly often, and it's comfortable enough. In hindsight, I would've spent a little more though.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
A shade under $3,000CAD. It's a pretty nice sectional we got this year and we're very happy with it so far. Our previous couch and loveseat were free from my spouse's parents who downsized, though they probably spent quite a bit on them.

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I got this from my parents home but I'm currently using 1 3 seater teak eames sofa in brown leather and 1 2 seater teak eames sofa in brown leather

they are discontinued hence not knowing the price anymore
photo.png

Last edited:

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Just got a couple for Ā£1k each but they are electric recliners with a console in between.

Would have been 700 without they options.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018

found a nice one on sale that was big enough to let both my SO and I lie down on it at the same time comfortably.

our old couch wouldn't even let one person lie down šŸ˜© absolutely worth it for the nap potential