CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
If Microsoft was to make a big game pass announcement in august, what would it be according to you ?

What new feature would you add ?
What policy would you realistically improve or create?
Which publisher would you like to see join Game Pass ?

For record, Microsoft added perks to Game Pass Ultimate and committed to release Xbox game studio game on GP on day one.

I would be surprised if we see Forza gameplay next month. They likely would have shown it last week if it was ready.

I'm not sure next month will be big on games in relation to Xbox honestly, at least new announcements. Might be new things to show, but I'd expect stuff on xCloud soon, hardware, big news related to Game Pass and a publisher - stuff like that from what I know

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
Remove the region restrictions. I have to purchase codes from 3rd party sites because it blocks my country.

Also why are DLCs for first party content not included???

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Games never leave the service once on.

Or at least make it sort of like PS Plus where if you simply played a game on Game Pass, you get access to that game as long as you are on Game Pass even if that game leaves Game Pass in the future for people who haven't played it yet.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Add more 3rd party game's and indie game's on day 1 release

already doing this some just take it 1 more step up

OP
OP
CliveLH

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
I think I would try to add ultimate edition of Xbox game studio games on Game Pass Ultimate more often. Uplay and Origin Access Premier already do this.

I would add Game Pass to Steam like EA Access is planing to do.

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
I'm answering from the PC side so I'm not sure if it's different on console but they need to have more of their older exclusives always available. Like they have the latest Forza Horizon but not Forza Motorsport 7. I'd stay subscribed for longer than a month here and a month there if they had that.

OP
OP
CliveLH

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
I'm answering from the PC side so I'm not sure if it's different on console but they need to have more of their older exclusives always available. Like they have the latest Forza Horizon but not Forza Motorsport 7. I'd stay subscribed for longer than a month here and a month there if they had that.
Agreed, and Minecraft

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, the service is pretty darn amazing for the price as is. The biggest thing they can do is improve their first party portfolio to be on the level or Sony or Nintendo. Getting first party games like that on day 1 would be huge.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly it needs a giant game like Cyberpunk day 1.

If they can get something similar, that's a huge win for the service and gamers alike.

But even if that doesn't happen, it's still pretty amazing value since you are guaranteed that all 1st party MS IPs are gonna be there. Plus lots of Japanese IPs that akipped MS are joining + amazing indie games like cross code and Indivisible among many.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
The most key thing they can do is continue to grow their first party offerings, both in terms of quantity / variety and quality. It sounds like they already know that, though.

Adding cloud options would have been another suggestion, but they're on it.

Uhh... it's already really great!

I think perhaps simplifying the offering and including online MP in the game pass sub, or removing it entirely, would help them. PS+ is already included in PS Now as far as I understand, and it's simpler for people who might be interested in joining in but not up to speed with XBLG requirements.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
It's unlikely, but it'd be huge if all of a publisher's future games were available on Game Pass day one. For example, all future Capcom games.

CQC

Oct 25, 2017
Games never leave the service once on.
Or at least make it sort of like PS Plus where if you simply played a game on Game Pass, you get access to that game as long as you are on Game Pass even if that game leaves Game Pass in the future for people who haven't played it yet.
This, makes the service hard to commit to if I already have limited play time and then the game I have been slowly completing suddenly get's yanked.

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Keep only indie and single-player games and make them available forever. Make all the gaas like Halo, Forza and others free to play.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, I've been happy with it since I initally signed up for it.
We have a system for that. It's called Games with Gold.

You people are wanting a different service that they already do. EDIT:And which is part of Gamepass Ultimate.

EDIT: Removed gendered language.

Last edited:

wartime

Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
Announce how long the game will be on the service (like PS Now does). Some games are just too long to complete for most people if they are only given 2 weeks notice before they leave.

1upmuffin

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Add Game Pass to Steam, or fix the Windows Store, I have so many issues on PC Game Pass.

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Ooooh this would be amazing. Doubt itll ever happen though.

Squirrel09

Nov 4, 2017
A simple piece of text somewhere on the page that states when that game is scheduled to leave. It could say "Unknown" or on "Nov 28th" for example.

And Game pass on Steam (EA Access is going on so why not Gamepass?)

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
I think games leaving is part of how they get third parties in the first place.

Either way, I want to see Ubisoft, EA and Activision be less gunshy about using it. Frankly, their games lose value so fast that it might give them a second lease on life, but it's never gonna happen with EA Access and UPlay+.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Gamepass on smart fridges.
RF56M9540SG-family-hub.png

Timlot

Banned
Nov 27, 2019
XCloud is going to be a major improvement. A streaming service with a lot of choices needs instant access. If I just want to try a game out I don't want to have to download it. I jump in and out of Netflix movies/shows all the time. It would a terrible experience if I had to download each show and take up hard drive space.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
I believe this is exactly what the developers are hoping

I think that's what makes GP attractive to third-party publishers. There's no upfront "expiration date", so some people might want to buy a game permanently, rather than hoping that the game is on GP just long enough for them to finish it. Personally, I started playing Yakuza Kiwami a few months ago. At the rate I'm going, I probably won't finish it before it leaves GP, so I ended up buying it, now that it's on sale.

AllBizness

Mar 22, 2020
Get the biggest 3rd party games on there when they launch. COD, NBA2k, Madden, Asscreed, and Fifa ect. Literally everyone and their mother would subscribe. Do it Microsoft!

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I think I would try to add ultimate edition of Xbox game studio games on Game Pass Ultimate more often. Uplay and Origin Access Premier already do this.

I would add Game Pass to Steam like EA Access is planing to do.

I thought this would become a normal thing with Microsoft games after they did it with gears, but I dont think they ever did it again which is disappointing.

Paper Wario

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
When they integrate Xcloud I would love it if there was a quick start demo of sorts that jumps you directly into a moment in the game that serves as a pitch for you to try it out without having to download the full game or go through any tutorials.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Parity between what is offered on consoles and PC would be appreciated- have more than once been excited to check something out to find it's only available on one side of the fence.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
I think that's what makes GP attractive to third-party publishers. There's no upfront "expiration date", so some people might want to buy a game permanently, rather than hoping that the game is on GP just long enough for them to finish it. Personally, I started playing Yakuza Kiwami a few months ago. At the rate I'm going, I probably won't finish it before it leaves GP, so I ended up buying it, now that it's on sale.
I made a thread yesterday about the success that some games achieved thanks to GP. There is little info, but from what I gathered, the biggest variable is awareness. When you have more people playing, streaming, others will buy thanks to the exposure

Check it out

Oct 25, 2017
They need more developers in house to ensure that the content doesn't leave the service. This is why you saw them go on a spending spree a year ago and why I believe they are not done.

As a person who predominately enjoys contained single player narrative games, I expect at least two or three of these kind of games from Microsoft a year within the next couple of years to ensure that I'm essentially getting my money's worth. At $15 a month, you are looking at a full priced game at $59.99, once every four months. I could purchase three single player games at launch that are also launching into the service, or I could pay for a service that allows me to try some other types of games I normally wouldn't play.

I would say they need close to 36 separate development teams to ensure that almost every single month a new first party title will be entering the service. (Obsidian has three, ninja theory has three, Double Fine can crank out a game a year once Psychonauts 2 is done so we can say they have three, Playground has two, and Rare has at least two)They have essentially 24 development teams now. I think an acquisition of WB Games would give them approximately 11 new studios and TT has several development teams. Not every experience needs to be AAA, but to ensure that people stay on the service you need to make sure the content continuously comes and that it stays. If they add WB and continue to work with smaller developers and ensure their games launch on Game Pass you are looking pretty set for the foreseeable future.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
When xcloud is fully out give devs the option to have a save we can stream so I can try games instantaneously.

Dhruvenator

Aug 29, 2019
It's unlikely, but it'd be huge if all of a publisher's future games were available on Game Pass day one. For example, all future Capcom games.
O.o

I would be surprised if we see Forza gameplay next month. They likely would have shown it last week if it was ready.

I'm not sure next month will be big on games in relation to Xbox honestly, at least new announcements. Might be new things to show, but I'd expect stuff on xCloud soon, hardware, big news related to Game Pass and a publisher - stuff like that from what I know

Just sayin....