• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
https://uploadvr.com/rockstar-games-not-done-with-vr-says-vive-studios-boss/

HTC is praising Rockstar's LA Noire VR, a game which essentially let you play LA Noire in VR with support like motion control.

Back then I praised Rockstar for raising the standard for porting a traditional game into VR, so glad to see they are continuing the effort rather than an one time thing.

LA Noire VR have support for Oculus Rift and launches on Oculus Store too, so whatever they are cooking for Vive will likely have Oculus support as well.

Hopefully GTA V VR is a thing

Turning his attention to Rockstar specifically, Breton praised the work the company did on last year's L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files. "That one, that was lovingly handcrafted," he said. "They went through everything, every art asset, every animation. Any part of the game that didn't work, they cut from the VR experience so things that ended up in those seven cases that are in the VR version, those were very very selectively chosen. They figured that would work."

So, you know, they're not done either," Breton said of Rockstar's work in VR. "So we're very very supportive of these studios both on the hardware side and the software side and the optimization side."

cakefoo

Nov 2, 2017
The timing of this tease seems very deliberate. It's a great time to tease RDR VR or anything Rockstar-related.

Hopefully, whatever it is, it'll be more impactful than Case Files.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Oh man I hope that's true. Would love day and date VR support. Also hope they allow it in multiplayer with cross play with standard control users.

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh man I hope that's true. Would love day and date VR support. Also hope they allow it in multiplayer with cross play with standard control users.
Nothing would probably drive VR sales up like your friends watching you doing all kinds of wacky shit in VR while they are stuck with standard controls.

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
I'm always the no-fun-allowed asshole in these threads lol... that does not sound very interesting to me at all tbh. There was a time I thought GTAV would be cool in VR and over several gameplay videos of people playing the game in VR there was very little enthusiam left, there is barely any mechanic in these games that works well (driving seemed to work well) and the rest is a clumsy mess in VR, these games need to be overhauled quite a bit to be a compelling VR game mechanics wise and not just another "tacked on VR mode". I think most people just want to explore the world of GTA or RDR in VR but that's the beginning and the end of it really.

As always tho, If I'm proven wrong on this in the end... I'd be quite alright with that!

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There's references in the Read Dead Redemption app to VR devices apparently. So maybe, just maybe that.

FancyPants

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Hopefully GTA V VR is a thing

It's been a thing for a long time, and it's pretty mediocre at best, straight up bad at worst.

We need games tailored for the kind of immersiveness VR brings to the table, and much, much more interactivity than what GTA V can deliver. It has to be a brand new title for me to give a damn.