Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
1.jpg

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is kinda dumb. If you vote in one place and not multiple who cares?

I voted in Florida when I lived in New York because I've constantly moved and my parents house was my only "permanent address"

And your state citizenship in based on where you INTEND to make your permanent residence (as long as you have lived there), not where you're currently residing, this is well established at least in federal legal proceedings. Its only when I moved to California and intended to make it my current residence that I left my florida citizenship

Last edited:

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is kinda dumb. If you vote in one place and not multiple who cares?

I voted in Florida when I lived in New York because I've constantly moved and my parents house was my only "permanent address"

And your state citizenship in based on where you INTEND to make your permanent residence (as long as you have ties and probably have lived there), not where you're currently residing.

um, people that actually live in the state and have to be represented by people elected by outsiders?

a vote in NY is not the same as a vote in FL. Even for a national election like President, thanks to the electoral college

and the intent you mention requires actually having a residence there not a vague desire to live there, even with ties

Senator Toadstool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
um, people that actually live in the state and have to be represented by people elected by outsiders?

a vote in NY is not the same as a vote in FL. Even for a national election like President, thanks to the electoral college
Trump and his press sec. Have lived in florida and have declared their intent to return there. They're citizens of florida because that's where their domiciled. Their current residence doesn't change that. This is a concept that federal courts use in diversity jurisdiction cases.

For purposes of diversity jurisdiction, state citizenship is determined by the concept of domicile1118 rather than of mere residence.1119 That is, while the Court's definition has varied throughout the cases,1120 a person is a citizen of the state in which he has his true, fixed, and permanent home and principal establishment and to which he intends to return whenever he is absent from it.1121 Acts may disclose intention more clearly and decisively than declarations.
Voting in Florida is clearly an act which shows they intent to return.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump and his press sec. Have lived in florida and have declared their intent to return there. They're citizens of florida because that's where their domiciled. Their current residence doesn't change that. This is a concept that federal courts use in diversity jurisdiction cases.

Trump lives in Florida. McEnany does not. Having once lived there is not the requirement. (Also, this is not even relevant to the part of my reply you quoted which was in response to your claim that "This is kinda dumb. If you vote in one place and not multiple who cares?")

Legal residence-Permanent. Legal residency is not defined in law. However, over the years, the courts and the Florida Department of State/Division of Elections' have construed legal residency to be where a person mentally intends to make his or her permanent residence.1 Evidence of such intent can come from items or activities such as obtaining a Florida driver's license2, paying tax receipts, paying bills for residency (light, water, garbage service) and receiving mail at address, claiming the property as homestead,3 declaring the county as domicile, and doing other activities indicative or normally associated with home life. Therefore, legal residence is a convergence of intent and fact. Once residency is established for voting purposes, it is presumptively valid or current until evidence shows otherwise. See Op. Atty Gen. Fla. 055-216 (August 26, 1955). A business address is not typically a satisfactory legal residential address but if the person resides there despite the zoning ordinance, the address could become the person's legal residential address.4

Trump is the latter. He is using Mar-a-lago even though he is not allowed to live there due to zoning restrictions. McEnany is using her parent's residence and has demonstrated no intent to live there. She has no property there, no bills, no drivers license, etc.

Senator Toadstool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump lives in Florida. McEnany does not. Having once lived there is not the requirement.

Trump is the latter. He is using Mar-a-lago even though he is not allowed to live there due to zoning restrictions. McEnany is using her parent's residence and has demonstrated no intent to live there
Voting is an intent. How do you know she doesn't want to return. She's not voting where she's living. Instead she's voting in Florida. That shows an intent she considers it her home.

person mentally intends to make his or her permanent residence

I'm glad you can read her mind.

This is very dumb "gotcha journalism"

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Voting is an intent. How do you know she doesn't want to return. She's not voting where she's living. Instead she's voting in Florida. That shows an intent she considers it her home.

I'm glad you can read her mind.

This is very dumb "gotcha journalism"
She does not have a residence there to return to, or intend to return to

It doesn't require mind reading, it only requires reading the rest of the paragraph which demonstrates how one can establish intent -- all of which require actually having a residence or being present in the state. The intent is only the distinction between your primary residence and some other residence.

Senator Toadstool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She does not have a residence there to return to, or intend to return to

It doesn't require mind reading, it only requires reading the rest of the paragraph which demonstrates how one can establish intent -- all of which require actually having a residence or being present in the state. The intent is only the distinction between your primary residence and some other residence.

McEnany voted in both the 2018 primary and general elections in Florida using her parents' waterfront address in Tampa as her legal residence rather than the house she and her husband bought in 2017, located a mile and half away ― all while living and working in Washington as a full-time employee of the Republican National Committee.

In August 2019, McEnany gave an interview to a Tampa radio station stating that she worked in Washington, but traveled to Tampa "pretty much every weekend."

In November 2019, according to Hillsborough County records, she changed her legal residence from her parents' address to that of her own house. It's unclear how much time she has spent there since.
She had the address changed, and she literally has a home in Florida. This is clear intent.

and this is very dumb by the huffpost

At the time, McEnany's driver's license and car registration showed an address in Edgewater, New Jersey. Those documents can only be obtained by proving residency in that state, according to the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission website.

Residency /= citizenship and domicile

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
This made me remember, wasn't one of the first things bunkerboy did when he went into office was make some sort of commission to investigate voter fraud? What ever happened to that?

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everything Trump accuses of others, he's done himself. That's why he accuses others, if he has no morals and will lie, cheat, steal to win, he assumes others will do the same.