• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
My number one pick is Hi-Fi Rush. The art style and character design goes a long way with the game and how much I like the full product. Chai as a all-arounder, Peppermint as a speedy, light zoning character, Macaron as a heavy, close-combat brawler...the movesets just make themselves. Those three are a given to me, along with Banjo-Kazooie, Spyro & Crash (assuming the activision deal goes through), who else are you adding? What characters and movesets would make sense for you? What franchises should be represented? What about guest characters? Who would fit within that branding as a guest character? And as an added bonus, who develops it?

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lbtquns.gif

Blue_Toad507

May 25, 2021
Raz
Banjo & Kazooie
Conker
Joanna Dark
Chai

are probably the top 5 I'd most want to see in such a title.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
I want a lot of the early Xbox mascot-esque games included. And if we don't have levels based on the green slime era of the first Xbox I don't want it.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The roster would actually be insane at this point, regardless if the Activision deal goes through or not. Like shitposting aside you can make a badass roster out of what MS owns currently.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
Banjo-Kazooie again because why not, they should be in more fighting games, but let's go further: Nuts n Bolts Banjo-Kazooie also gets in and they're this game's Dr. Mario. Sort of an echo, but tweaked enough to be just a little bit worse :)

I'm having trouble thinking of fighters I associate with Xbox outside the obvious, but I will say, the Microsoft funded Smash Bros. clone could be a perfect opportunity to celebrate not just Xbox but also PC gaming (Microsoft's history with the medium as a whole).

This is a long way of saying I want them to put 3D Pinball for Windows - Space Cadet into the game and I want it to be the final stage in classic mode.

Clippy is assist trophy tier, like Microsoft Sam

Clippy's final smash is calling upon the voice of Microsoft Sam to delete the files in his browser (his enemies)

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
  • Boeing 747 from Flight Sim
  • Deck of Playing Cards from Solitaire
  • The ball from Jezzball
  • Mine from Minesweeper
  • Monk from Age of Empires
  • Beetle from Midtown Madness
  • Custom Character from Asheron's Call
  • Al Leiter from Microsoft Baseball 2000
  • Arnold Palmer from Links LS 2000
  • Spaceship from Starlancer
  • Nathan Zachary from Crimson Skies
  • Elephant from Zoo Tycoon
  • Yeti from Ski Free

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Raz (Psychonauts), Eddie (Brutal Legend), Blinx, Banjo, Ori, Steve (Minecraft), Master Chief, Reaver from Fable (lmao), Chai (Hi-Fi), Kaim (Lost Odyssey)

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Thorgi did one less than 2 weeks ago

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDV9w8XSc8k
www.youtube.com

XBox Smash - The Microsoft Fighting Game - Build the Roster

A brand new year is here and that means it's time for a brand new Smash Clone. Today we're taking the XBox and asking what if they had a Smash Bros all for t...

Personally I think he feel into the trap of gettings lots of fighters with similar movesets, but I don't blame him on trying to give halo lots of characters.

I would go for more IP representation and less same characters from different ips.
And yes, the Forza car absolutely would be a fighter.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Master Chief
Marcus Fenix
Steve
Banjo-Kazooie
Conker
Joanna
Rash/Pimple/Zits
Fulgore
Saberwulf
Sebastián (Evil Within)
Chai (Hi-Fi Rush)
Doomslayer
Ori
Shu (Blue Dragon)
Kaim (Lost Odyssey)
Raz (Psychonauts)
Blinx
Senua
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Jack Joyce (Quantum Break)
Nick Ramos (Microsoft owns Dead Rising 3, right?)
Some Elder Scrolls dude
Some Fallout dude
Some Fable dude

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
Master Chief, Raz, Steve, Senua, Banjo, Marcus Fenix, Joanna Dark, Forza Car, Vault Boy, Doomguy, Chai, Ori

truth is that they shoudn't do one until they have enough iconic characters.
it would be kinda neat though because smash, with the exception of two microsoft characters, only features japanese characters.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Put Killer Instinct combo mechanics in a platorm fighter setting.

Idk if thats even possible, but do it anyway

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
The roster wouldn't be the problem. It'd be the developer. Smash is well made because of Nintendo. Who would Microsoft get to make it? Rare? Or would they look to Capcom to make it?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

www.youtube.com

A brand new year is here and that means it's time for a brand new Smash Clone. Today we're taking the XBox and asking what if they had a Smash Bros all for t...

Personally I think he feel into the trap of gettings lots of fighters with similar movesets, but I don't blame him on trying to give halo lots of characters.

I would go for more IP representation and less same characters from different ips.

I already posted that video. But at least Thorgi takes ethnic diversity into consideration, which is more than I can say for most this thread (the OP is one of the exceptions, as he at least brought up Macaron). I'm still surprised I'm the only one who mentioned Deathloop.

TurkishDelight

C++ Developer at Microsoft
Banned
Oct 5, 2022

www.youtube.com

adding gears 5 protoganist instead of a unique monster like general raam is joke

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Let's get Billie Lurk in there as well since Microsoft owns Dishonored now.

latest

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Master Chief
Banjo and Kazooie
A pirate from sea of thieves
Cuphead
Some dude in power armor from fallout
Chai from hi-fi rush
The Dragonborne
Marcus fenix
Kat from gears
Colt from deathloop
Ori
Minecraft Steve
The doom slayer

Just some off the top of my head, would probably also get some third party ones.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Cole Train baby! Wooo!

The roster wouldn't be the problem. It'd be the developer. Smash is well made because of Nintendo. Who would Microsoft get to make it? Rare? Or would they look to Capcom to make it?
Nintendo does not even make those games, HAL and Namco did. There are already rumors going around that Namco is working on a new Killer Instinct. I could absolutely see that having stuff like Doomguy and Dragonborne already. My dream of Kaim from Lost Odyssey probably will not ever happen, but I think Chai has a decent shot at showing up in a new KI like that. Fingers crossed!

Kent

Jun 4, 2018
Ctrl+F "Phantom Dust"

...You all are missing out on the absolutely wild potential moveset for a Phantom Dust rep.