• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
One of the best art styles in recent games. Glad to hear more support .

I wish there was a more substantial solo mode. The lore is so cool it seems very untapped for some world building.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
IMO that seems like a rather healthy multiplayer game on steam for being the morning in the EU on a monday.
huntr4eg4.png

yep

hunt players are dedicated af to the game, the playerbase is stable above all else

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
Obviously there has been expansions for games only on current-gen but is this the first game to officially end support for a GAAS on last-gen?

Last time I can think of is when the PS3 was dropped for FFXIV and OG Destiny's Rise of Iron expansion.

And in this case, it's becoming fully unplayable rather than just not getting the latest stuff which is similar to FFXIV.

it wont be the last! more coming in the next two years.

'old gen' is dipping to 25%-ish in player activity on many titles, and as that gets lower, memory sizes/other limitations old gen holds back as content on services games grow and engines evolve are really holding back the experiences of the current gen versions, which then makes it harder to acquire as your updates have less impact.

so eventually you reach the conclusion that as you dip below 20, 15% of player activity on old gen (mind you, revenue generated from these older players is often less revenue per playing user anyway, so the return is less and less) - you're better off dropping the platform and finding ways to migrate people over

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Terrified about controller aim assist on PC not gonna lie. I don't care about any of what people say to defend it, that has ruined many PC games for me.

Ah yes... another MP shooter getting ruined by crossplay because of AA.

In Modern Warfare 2 its hilariously OP against M/KB. Even the devs admitted it after MW19 and proceeded to even increase it in MW2.
Even PC streamers use controller as input because of it.

Yep.. people need to loudly fight back about this before it's too late. It'll just end up with pads dominating and people using input remappers to spoof their mkb as a gamepad to get AA so they can compete.

Like how many games have to be completely ruined by this before people wake up.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I may try this again on the ps5, because the ps4 version was honestly one of the ugliest games I've played in recent memory.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Yep.. people need to loudly fight back about this before it's too late. It'll just end up with pads dominating and people using input remappers to spoof their mkb as a gamepad to get AA so they can compete.

Is anti cheat not targeting those as well?

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
This game effectively saved Crytek, right? Glad to see it's still kicking along. It really is a very unique and engaging game, and was early to the party with the whole extraction thing so this is a trend setter not a chaser. I'd love a single player game set in its world.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I still play several times per week. One of my favorite games of all time. It getting a full PS5 version and all sorts of really great updates fucking rules.

I have over 1k hours on the PS4 version and will be dumping hours into it until who knows when. Gameplay loop is amazing.

FellowTarnished

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2022
Uhm. Sucks for people playing the game on PS4, X1.
I'm surprised they are still releasing updates for the game, though. It's pretty old and (as far as I know) not very popular.

I've been playing since beta and it has a very healthy community, it has actually been growing for a while now too. It's an incredible game too, unlike anything else. And the music is banging.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
I've been playing since beta and it has a very healthy community, it has actually been growing for a while now too. It's an incredible game too, unlike anything else. And the music is banging.
I!ve watched some streams of the game back in the day. Audiovisual design was amazing. But I think the gameplay loop isn't for me.

I'm glad the game is doing well. Just completely missed the fact that the game was growing.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, I was thinking about the hardware spoofers that were getting detected now.
The hardware spoofers are mainly on console and haven't been reliably detected yet. Even Mousetrap for Siege has been circumvented.

What I'm talking about is just simple software that pretends to be a gamepad on PC, which have become rampant with the domination of controller AA in games these days.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they clean up the few visual bugs and blurriness. It's a game with amazing style, but the rendering just isn't where it needs to be, imo.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018

That has been a thing for a while. It's probably not going away because it's a pandora's box situation, you nerf it and people will complain the game sucks now because their K/D goes down.
I don't believe it's entirely because of PC Crossplay, they have slowly buffed AA on COD to keep people playing more if they are able to get more kills and have less frustrating games. Activision is pretty good at these stats to keep their MAU's high.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I hope ongoing games with cross-gen support all drop last gen and start focusing on current gen cus this is how they can push the envelope even more, and it is starting to show of right now.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Nice to see CryEngine still getting some love. I just looked up the wiki page and learned that CryEngine 6 is in development!
Crysis games still hold up so well especially after the RT updates. Really excited to see what they do with Crysis 4. Path Trace the hell out of it Crytek!!

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Is this upgrade still coming this month?

Seems unlikely, has there been any mention at all since the original announcement? Certainly no media, trophy leaks or articles that I've seen.
Definitely not. I think one of the last things they said about it is that they will start talking about it after the current event is over, hinting that it's the next big thing after it. Current event ends May 8th.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely not. I think one of the last things they said about it is that they will start talking about it after the current event is over, hinting that it's the next big thing after it. Current event ends May 8th.

Cool, thanks. I'd be surprised if they launched it without an event to promote it too so I'd say the soonest will be the next event. Would that be Halloween ish?

Dec 6, 2017
US
I check in on the Discord here and there and definitely not coming in April. The way they've talked about it in there sounds...like it's a ways off honestly. Don't take my word for it but I'd be surprised if it hits even after the event.