Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just as a warning, you can only play in duos, and it's probably closer to DayZ than L4D in how it plays. Although it's not really like either.
Ah, but can I join up with randos to complete my duo?

Also, honestly, I liked the idea of Day Z, but its freeform boring ass gameplay that consisted of very little with large swaths of boring is what turned me off. This looks much more contained, much more populated, and not based entirely on griefing.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Ah, but can I join up with randos to complete my duo?

Also, honestly, I liked the idea of Day Z, but its freeform boring ass gameplay that consisted of very little with large swaths of boring is what turned me off. This looks much more contained, much more populated, and not based entirely on griefing.
Oh right, yes you can play solo, with matchmaking, or with friends.

And if that was your problem with Day Z then I think you'll probably love this.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Scarlet0Pimp

Feb 4, 2018
Great game, had a couple of decent matches with random team mates last night, killed 7 hunters in one game, then got killed while banishing the spider.
I have the xbox and pc version. Hope they allow cross play between all platforms pc only if you're using a joypad though

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Xbox one X Performance
  • Resolution increased from 1080p to 1800p (1800p rendering upscaled to 4K with native 4K UI).
  • Improved texture filtering.
  • Increased texture pool to reduce instances of blurry textures.
  • Improved water shader quality.
  • Improved SVOTI quality (global illumination).
  • Improved Shadow quality.
  • Increased Anti-Aliasing options (SMAA 2TX instead of SMAA 1TX like the standard consoles).

1.0 is out on xbox with X support.

Oct 26, 2017
No way man, the uncertainty of it is what makes it so good. Having to keep your guard up but also deal with the PvE elements is what makes the PvP work so brilliantly. I think if there wasn't the zombies the game would lose the majority of its flavour and tension.
Oh, I definitely love the PvP and wouldn't want it gone-gone. Just every once-in-a-while I like just going after hunters without the bosses necessarily? I really like the Quickplay solo mode, and wish it existed with a buddy.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Still waiting for the PS4 version but without any PR this game is doomed imo. I heard there are barely any players on xbox :(

Such a shame.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot this game was even coming out (and the fact that it is out). Feels like a game that would benefit off a month of gamepass or PS+ to boost awareness. Or even a deals with Gold option.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
There was a free trial weekend a few weeks ago on Steam with 10k concurrent players. Now it's 6k-7k on average.

If it comes to console, it needs crossplay (like any multiplayer game) so I can play with my buddy who only plays on/has a PS4.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Dev livestream tomorrow and the game is coming out to PS4 on february 18th!

Also there will be crossplay between consoles which is fantastic news

Murfield

Oct 27, 2017
I feel they kind of ruined the gunplay in 1.0.

Shotguns don't feel powerful enough and long range weapons are too easy to use now.

Close combat used to work because the weapon sway when people panicked made them miss pretty consistently.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
I feel like I need to get good at this game as a starting point to getting good at Escape from Tarkov.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
Picked this up recently with a friend and am having a ton of fun with it. Gotta ask though, are there only three objectives?

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Waiting for the PS version. Im playing on PC but its kinda hard againts old time players and with a controller. Hope the PS playerbase will be decent, this game needs some marketing :(

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
No digital preorder is pretty dumb tho. This game will stealth release and a lot of people will miss it