• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
USA
No earlier than April for the shutdown of the PS4/Xbox One versions of the game.

That doesn't mean the PS5/Series X/S version couldn't come earlier than that as it might make a bit of sense to run them along side each other for short period of time to give people time to swtich over.

That said, I think it'll be after April.

My guess is May/June but I'd love to be wrong and for it to be earlier than that.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
So i redownloaded the game on PS5. Damn this game changed. Tutorial is great, UI is atrocious, there are so much stuff and i couldnt figure out how the event and BP works, its a mess. Played a few round and deleted it because it looks fucking awful. Cant wait for the PS5 version tho. I was surprised how fast i found matches. Hopefully this game will get a second chance on console with the new versions. This with new engine and native PS5 gfx will be fucking great

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I started playing with randoms in duo. I have a much better success rate now lol. Solo is damn hard, but i love this game still. Im glad it survived for this long and i cant wait for the new engine upgrade and newgen support. Hopefully it will be much more popular on console aswell, because there is no other games like this on consoles

Oct 27, 2017
On the one hand, I respect the thinking to booby trap the entirety of Davant Ranch around the Butcher, then go away leaving the boss alive. On the other hand, fuck instant* kill traps, Christ. We killed the entire server so these were kills from beyond the grave.

*I know you can theoretically just about escape one but I've never managed it yet.

cosi

Jun 9, 2023
This event had balanced traits so that was good but the ash is dumb. People already complain about vision and headsman so let's just make it worse. Want to see a snow storm event.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
On the one hand, I respect the thinking to booby trap the entirety of Davant Ranch around the Butcher, then go away leaving the boss alive. On the other hand, fuck instant* kill traps, Christ. We killed the entire server so these were kills from beyond the grave.

*I know you can theoretically just about escape one but I've never managed it yet.
Those deaths feel so deflating. I dedicate a consumable slot to a big antidote shot into every match to avoid it

cosi

Jun 9, 2023
I feel like I run the same thing for tools consumables every time. Knuckle knife, med, choke, flare. Stam, regen x2, ammo box or another stam.

Last edited:

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I run the same thing for tools consumables every time. Knuckle knife, med, choke, flare. Stam, regen x2, ammo box or another stam.

You can get creative with freeing up the slots, use a weapon or secondary that has a melee attachment, take a choke beetle instead of choke bombs, use throwing axes instead of a knife. It means you might have extra trouble with certain mobs, but as long as you're aware, its never too difficult to manage.

Oct 27, 2017
You ever get those runs where nothing seems to connect? Shots just seem to miss completely when you could have sworn they were a solid hit, hunters not dying to damage like you feel they should? I've had a hunter shrug off a close range fully drawn arrow, one has just escaped a frag bomb right behind them. Just weird sometimes.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Redownloaded the PC version after playing alot on PS and goddamn shit looks so much better. If the PS5 version gets anywhere close to the current maxed PC version look im gonna be happy. Game is really fun, but looks so bad on PS.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
You ever get those runs where nothing seems to connect? Shots just seem to miss completely when you could have sworn they were a solid hit, hunters not dying to damage like you feel they should? I've had a hunter shrug off a close range fully drawn arrow, one has just escaped a frag bomb right behind them. Just weird sometimes.
Hunt Giveth.
Hunt Taketh.

Mostly Taketh.

Oct 27, 2017
Haaaa, had a very chaotic and crowded fight at Davant, total carnage in the smaller barn, three teams all pushing each other at once, in the carnage I was trying to revive a teammate and wondered why my other teammate was punching me; of course it wasn't my teammate and I got punched to death before I figured it out. They must have been whaling on me wondering why I wasn't fighting back.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been having incredibly boring dreams lately, the latest one was I was laying wire traps in Hunt, but it was a new one which goes off with a load bang and covers the hunter and surrounding area in white paint so they're more visible and they leave white footprints everywhere for a short time. It was a very 🤔 moment when I woke up.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
lol. Barry and JackFrags are doing a great job of keeping this game permanently on my mind even when it's off the HDD. May have to reinstall to try again. I love the concept and setup, but matches are simply too tense and fighting other players is so stressful. Hopefully will get used to it and enjoy it fully at some point.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
lol. Barry and JackFrags are doing a great job of keeping this game permanently on my mind even when it's off the HDD. May have to reinstall to try again. I love the concept and setup, but matches are simply too tense and fighting other players is so stressful. Hopefully will get used to it and enjoy it fully at some point.
I don't know who Barry is but I watched JackFrag's recent video. It's always nice to see it getting more exposure.

I asked Dictator on Twitter about covering the upcoming engine update and he said he does plan to cover it so that could also bring in a lot of new eyes to the game as Digital Foundry has a rather large audience and if the PS5/Series X|S versions are good, it could be a great boost for the game, not to mention if the PC version runs and looks better.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I meant our own BarryFishFinger in this very thread!

Reinstalled on PS5 last night. Got to grips with all the new features and menus. Couldn't find any matches so messed around with trials and aim settings. I'm feeling the pull for sure, but I think it'll have to wait until the native PS5 version drops. Improved load times would go a long way, and hopefully the update brings more people (back) to console.

Oct 27, 2017
I am summoned.

I've not generally had issues finding a match on PS5 lately but the end of the event approaches so I daresay a fair percentage of players are just a bit weary of hunt at the moment.

I enjoy Jack Frags, he genuinely seems to like Hunt which is nice, the more coverage the better. I'm hugely looking forward to the native PS5/X/S versions, hopefully that bumps interest and continued engagement.

MMR remains a curiosity to me, I'm a 3 star player who flirts occasionally with 4 stars - I've actually been on a bit of a hot streak lately, a solid week of murdering pesky hunters and I've been a 4 stars all the way, then I had a bad game the other night and died a few times and immediately dropped down to 3 stars. I don't care of course, I'm absolutely a mid range player so 3 stars suits me fine, it's just a bit obtuse how it works.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I meant our own BarryFishFinger in this very thread!
Ahh, totally missed that, assumed it was some other YouTuber.

MMR remains a curiosity to me, I'm a 3 star player who flirts occasionally with 4 stars - I've actually been on a bit of a hot streak lately, a solid week of murdering pesky hunters and I've been a 4 stars all the way, then I had a bad game the other night and died a few times and immediately dropped down to 3 stars. I don't care of course, I'm absolutely a mid range player so 3 stars suits me fine, it's just a bit obtuse how it works

I wish I could stay in 3 star land instead of the sweat fest hell hole that is high 5-6* MMR. There are times where the game is just not fun to play.

Last edited:

cosi

Jun 9, 2023
I go to 4 or rarely 5 and it's time for drunk showdown. A good night of drinking and hunt brings me back down to earth.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I am summoned.

I've not generally had issues finding a match on PS5 lately but the end of the event approaches so I daresay a fair percentage of players are just a bit weary of hunt at the moment.

I enjoy Jack Frags, he genuinely seems to like Hunt which is nice, the more coverage the better. I'm hugely looking forward to the native PS5/X/S versions, hopefully that bumps interest and continued engagement.

MMR remains a curiosity to me, I'm a 3 star player who flirts occasionally with 4 stars - I've actually been on a bit of a hot streak lately, a solid week of murdering pesky hunters and I've been a 4 stars all the way, then I had a bad game the other night and died a few times and immediately dropped down to 3 stars. I don't care of course, I'm absolutely a mid range player so 3 stars suits me fine, it's just a bit obtuse how it works.

Its similar to chess. You dropped because that person was prob low 4* or high 3*.

cosi

Jun 9, 2023
I'm PC and don't care about being great. I like to shoot people with random cool weapons and have fun.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I've created update maps for the workbenches.

tbHa7zv.jpeg

0nz3F8J.jpeg

r5x4pvE.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
USA
So Vombuz was streaming today with David Fifield (Hunt General Manager) and he confirmed a few things. I only watched for a bit so I'm sure there were questions/answers that I missed.
  • The upcoming event, Desolation's Wake, starts in March.
  • Once this event is over, they will start talking about the engine update and what it all entails. We'll learn about the new map. We'll see the complete UI overhaul (they said in a prior stream that not a single UI screen was untouched). We'll learn more about their plans for the PS5/Xbox Series X|S versions.
  • The old console versions will not be shut off any earlier than April. He specifically stated this does not mean they will be shut off at the end of April, just that they gave April as a date last year to give at least a full 6 month warning to PS4/Xbox One players that their version of the game is going away. The shutdown of the older console versions will coincide with the release of the engine update/new map, whenever that may be.
  • They have at least a 10 year plan for the game. He mentioned they have ideas for multiple new maps.
  • Weapons/tools/consumables that do not have BB skins available are higher on the priority list for new skins than other weapons. He said they did an audit/check and looked at what doesn't have any skins or only has exclusive skins (tied to an event) and are looking to put out BB skins for those items so that everyone can have at least one non exclusive skin option. He did not mention how DLC skins factored into this. My take is they want at least one BB (so is earnable without spending $$$) for each item.
  • They removed the stats from the attributes.xml file because it meant that Hunter stats were being published to 3rd party stats without the user having a chance to "opt in" to it. They have no plans to make the data available in any other fashion but do acknowledge that having more stats in game is something the community does desire and maybe something for the future.
  • 2D Map replay isn't being worked on (is harder than it seems) so don't expect it anytime soon. He talked about doing something like a static map at the end of a round but a dynamic replay (like what Evolve had) isn't an easy thing to do.
  • Apparently reporting people in-game does actually do something (I'm not convinced) so keep reporting people who cheat. They may look into doing something like notifying you if actions were taken against someone you reported, like other games do.
I think I'm remembering all this correctly.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
So Vombuz was streaming today with David Fifield (Hunt General Manager) and he confirmed a few things. I only watched for a bit so I'm sure there were questions/answers that I missed.
  • The upcoming event, Desolation's Wake, starts in March.
  • Once this event is over, they will start talking about the engine update and what it all entails. We'll learn about the new map. We'll see the complete UI overhaul (they said in a prior stream that not a single UI screen was untouched). We'll learn more about their plans for the PS5/Xbox Series X|S versions.
  • The old console versions will not be shut off any earlier than April. He specifically stated this does not mean they will be shut off at the end of April, just that they gave April as a date last year to give at least a full 6 month warning to PS4/Xbox One players that their version of the game is going away. The shutdown of the older console versions will coincide with the release of the engine update/new map, whenever that may be.
  • They have at least a 10 year plan for the game. He mentioned they have ideas for multiple new maps.
  • Weapons/tools/consumables that do not have BB skins available are higher on the priority list for new skins than other weapons. He said they did an audit/check and looked at what doesn't have any skins or only has exclusive skins (tied to an event) and are looking to put out BB skins for those items so that everyone can have at least one non exclusive skin option. He did not mention how DLC skins factored into this. My take is they want at least one BB (so is earnable without spending $$$) for each item.
  • They removed the stats from the attributes.xml file because it meant that Hunter stats were being published to 3rd party stats without the user having a chance to "opt in" to it. They have no plans to make the data available in any other fashion but do acknowledge that having more stats in game is something the community does desire and maybe something for the future.
  • 2D Map replay isn't being worked on (is harder than it seems) so don't expect it anytime soon. He talked about doing something like a static map at the end of a round but a dynamic replay (like what Evolve had) isn't an easy thing to do.
  • Apparently reporting people in-game does actually do something (I'm not convinced) so keep reporting people who cheat. They may look into doing something like notifying you if actions were taken against someone you reported, like other games do.
I think I'm remembering all this correctly.
Thank you for this.

Did not expect a new event before the big 2.0 update but alright, should be good timing for when Helldivers 2's launch content starts losing steam for me.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Got Luna Wolf from the drops. At first was disappointed because I never was a fan of how she looked but now that I actually could zoom in on her and pay close attention to the details she actually looks pretty damn cool, glad I got her.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
So still no news or even a tease about the new content and engine upgrade? I stopped playing on ps5, just waiting for the PS5 version at this point

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I like the weather tweaks, I found the dominance of the "intense" periods of ash bloom/rain far too long and frequent. The new Hunters look great, might get them all this time round.

Edit: I'm not sure why they made all the melee options a small slot? They need to rethink all the melee options in terms of what they offer because noone is going to pick up a machete over a katana. Price alone isn't enough to differentiate here.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I can't get into this new event at all. Not sure why, just not really feeling it. It's the first one where I'm not particularly bothered to chase the unlocks.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Definitely one the most unexciting and filler ones so far.

The game is still fun but I'm trying to not play too much before Hunt 2.0 to avoid being in a phase of slight burnout when that drops.

I'm still doing the battlepass because I like to collect skins in this game but I'm just beelining the weeklies fast at the start of the reset and not playing much the rest of the time unless I see friends need help with their weeklies.

Not a fan of people being able to bail out on burning teammates and then coming back later to rez without a token. The changes to big melee weapon availabilty in boss lair are rough too.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
All the latest events have been filler. Not trying to be negative but the real events are the few weeks between these spreadsheet grinds.

Also like the poster above, need to get that second of the duo or the third before they disappear...

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of people being able to bail out on burning teammates and then coming back later to rez without a token.

I'm mostly okay with it. Instaburning bodies has really impacted the ability to make a comeback and while I don't think this is the solution, its a bandaid for an issue I think they need to eventually address. I really think they should rework how fast flares/fuses burn hunters, or perhaps how much burn damage they do. It's not really what I want out of the game. For now, a remaining third straggler has to go sacrifice their health bars, bring people back, and then someone has to run all the way to center map to recover them. If you're bounty team, you're most likely long gone. The only time that its really an issue, is if its a random fight where you've "beaten" such a team on the way to bounty, it sucks to have them ambush you again. They could try increasing the cost of using the health cache, but I don't think it'll really stop these strategies.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
So its almost may now. Where the hell is the ps5 version and the engine upgrade? I feel like this will get delayed again until fall... Its not even on their test server yet