• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly it looks pretty ok for the budget. Needs more impact (lol) and more flashy effects and that's about it. It's really just Killua that looks jank as fuck with that weirdass dash.

Alex de Souza

Jul 14, 2022
It could be better, but I like HxH and I like fighting games, so I'll buy it when it comes out. I just wish there was some kind of cool single player content. And I prefer individual fights over team fights.

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
Not really, it's a 3v3 game. 50~60% for a basic bnb + super is pretty common. You make around 450~500k damage with LMHS LLMH into super in MvC3.

Hitting the same LMHS into super and getting that dmg is fine. Hitting the same button over for that same dmg is a little oof

Getting two touched with someone hitting the same button repeatedly without any optimization idk man sounds crazy

Anyone find someone streaming this game at the event?

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Probably 60 bucks, and no one here is expecting the game to be a huge success. As long as there is crossplay and a good netcode, the community will be alright. There's enough people craving for a 3v3 game out there.

Look at it this way, DnF had like 40 times the budget this had and it never got crossplay.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
hunterhunter-ni.bushiroadgames.com

HUNTER×HUNTER NEN×IMPACT 公式サイト

『HUNTER×HUNTER』の本格対戦格闘ゲームが登場!
Website says no crossplay on the bottom
cry.gif

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of impressions on twitter from people at the event

View: https://twitter.com/Sajam/status/1784190851092279399
9T2FbAw.png

LK has a lot of impressions, so you should just visit his profile to read all of them

View: https://twitter.com/LordKnightBB/status/1784146585250914589
IUlH43d.png
Mbwm4Rv.png
x92E4MJ.png
ObMJ4n8.png

View: https://twitter.com/GREATFERNMAN/status/1784146083263996000
m28V82S.png

Sonicfox also seemed to really like it, which makes sense, he really loves him some degenerate gameplay lol

All i need to know is whether bungee gum has the properties of both rubber and gum, otherwise dead game

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This reminds me of the story when a middle school teacher wore random anime shirts to connect with her students and one day she came to school wearing a Hisoka one...
I can only imagine anybody who knows be like this to Sajam (and like anyone who likes playing him the most) now and in the future:
5y8nni.jpg

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017

Justin's prob right about this game might be tough to play on arcade stick vs pad or a leverless with the extra buttons. Wish manufacturer's would update/experiment the classic arcade stick design and move the two rightmost buttons above or below the classic 6 button layout or even add extra buttons like leverless controllers do. Only big shape up i can think of was Hitbox's Crossup controller.

Him calling Leorio the Doctor Doom of this game makes him a lock for my team lol. Netero's DP looks like ass, the hitbox seems tiny

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
I thought they would've picked Razor over Genthru as the Greed Island rep.

Genthru has more interesting moveset potential tbh.
Glancing through the video I saw one moment where he summoned one of his lackies, and I hope he has some timed or delayed activate bomb specials for interesting combo extensions.

Razer would still be cool to have though.

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
Very funny we barely see what Genthru does because Justin keeps getting cooked. Justin mentions at the beginning that they let him put Genthru in video since they were gonna announce him with a trailer at Evo Japan. I don't think there's been a trailer tho? Anyone know?

also it occurred to me earlier today that Feitan will likely be like Phoenix in Marvel 3 and turn into his Pain Packer form if he dies with all 5 meters like Dark Phoenix lol

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Very funny we barely see what Genthru does because Justin keeps getting cooked. Justin mentions at the beginning that they let him put Genthru in video since they were gonna announce him with a trailer at Evo Japan. I don't think there's been a trailer tho? Anyone know?
Yeah, not seeing anything. After Uvogin and Machi just being there in the first PV, and now this, definitely seems like some miscommunication happening. But they'll get PVs eventually.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
also it occurred to me earlier today that Feitan will likely be like Phoenix in Marvel 3 and turn into his Pain Packer form if he dies with all 5 meters like Dark Phoenix lol

Maybe that's why the game is 3 meters with plus 1 for each teammate KO, Dark Feitan is "balanced" around only being available last. 🤔

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, not seeing anything. After Uvogin and Machi just being there in the first PV, and now this, definitely seems like some miscommunication happening. But they'll get PVs eventually.
That's what I thought. Wonder if it's because it's Golden Week and some intern at Bushiroad said fuck that lol
Maybe that's why the game is 3 meters with plus 1 for each teammate KO, Dark Feitan is "balanced" around only being available last. 🤔
I hadn't even clocked that, oh dang. I wonder if they had been thinking about how to "balance" Dark Phoenix for years and settled on this lol

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know or can we expect this to have rollback netcode? it's the one thing I really need.

I hope that's already a given considering how almost every new fighter has it these days.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They want this to fail then? A small game like this is dead 100% with no cross play.
apparently this game is costing $600,000 to make.

like, the hxh fanbase may as well be the hail mary to somehow keep this game alive if it turns out to be above good cuz marvel fans are gonna stick with marvel and the like.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017

like, the hxh fanbase may as well be the hail mary to somehow keep this game alive if it turns out to be above good cuz marvel fans are gonna stick with marvel and the like.
What Marvel?
Marvel is super dead outside of a few modders.

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017

Marvel players will 100% try this at least. Whether they'll stick with it long term is another story for sure lol

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
The game looks hella floaty.
this keeps worrying me tbh. It looks so floaty in the air and rather slower than I'd want from a VS game. Same time i know that things always speed up once people know what they're doing. And people who have played it keep saying it feels good despite how it looks, so I guess i'll remain optimistic for now.