Oct 25, 2017
I've been watching some reactions to that fight on YT recently. Once Chrollo starts going with his abilities, everyone is like...

Gon-Freecss-Hunter-XHunter-GIF-GonFreecss-HunterXHunter-Mad-Discover-and-Share-GIFs.gif

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
It can definitely go over your head the first time you read it though.

Maybe if reading it all in one go during a full volume reading, but weekly i kinda found it fine to follow it because we had time to process it.
The abilities were simple to understand and Chrollo actions too, the problem was the order which he was doing it. But that was part of the fun, to try to figure out (like Hisoka) without having all the info.
Once the Sun and Moon trick was out of the bag then all clicked.

I actually found Knucle explanation more confusing lol manly because he was spiting all this terms like POP and AOP that never have any real usage or seen again.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of wonder if Togashi is just like,"Fuck it" at this point with the manga. Sucks to say that but even Miura has been more active in talking about wanting to finish Berserk and increase the pace of releases.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I kind of wonder if Togashi is just like,"Fuck it" at this point with the manga. Sucks to say that but even Miura has been more active in talking about wanting to finish Berserk and increase the pace of releases.
Different systems since Togashi releases in batches. And with him saying the basic foundation is set, and that he had the storyboards done for 391-400, definitely not the case unless something has changed.

I imagine people were thinking the same between 340-341 (26 months) and 349-350 (20 months).

Edit: But if he doesn't come back this year, I'll start to slowly move to your side. :P

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Im thinking of doing a rewatch simply becaus eof how amazing killua's character arc was goddamn

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hey hunters, is there any difference between the anime and the manga? Is one better than the other?
I've restarted watching it on Netflix some days ago after dropping it some years ago around episode 100 or so.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Hey hunters, is there any difference between the anime and the manga? Is one better than the other?
I've restarted watching it on Netflix some days ago after dropping it some years ago around episode 100 or so.
Yeah, anime butchered the gourmet hunter task and it's a bit rushed overall, it's not much and it's not that awful, but there are some serious tone and pacing changes

It looks so good though

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, anime butchered the gourmet hunter task and it's a bit rushed overall, it's not much and it's not that awful, but there are some serious tone and pacing changes

It looks so good though
Alright, well I guess I'll finish watching it and start buying the manga sometimes after :)

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017

2011 version also fucks up Kite introduction, this makes later developments a lot worse.

99 version and manga he's there from first chapter/episode.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
CR doing a little advertising.

Eg4GXfT.png

Wonder if any of these will ever get the '99 version to stream.

Deleted member 69771

Started watching with a friend, at episode 10, I love it so much! My favorite anime/manga is One Piece and this feels a lot like that, I really like watching it.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that record it getting close, at this point he gonna pass it.

EDIT:

Been re-reading Chrollo vs Hisoka fight again and is so good, Hisoka got the beat down of his life no wonder he is so salty. He only touch Chrollo 2 times in the entire fight, and that was in the beginning when he was rushing with sneak attacks. He could had killed Hisoka without even be seen or touch if he wanted.

Damn I might need to revise my favorite HxH fight... It still was Netero vs King but this re-reading is pushing this fight to number 1 spot.

Last edited:

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hiatus x hiatus.
We'll never know if Pariston was the rat that got Kurapika's tribe killed by the spiders :/

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
I think even then it was the fake dummy chrollo and not the real one

He had his puppets active so it was the real one.
If it was a fake it would need 2 hatsus to do it (phone and switch hands) so the puppets would not be active.

This is all the combo hatsus he used:

Fake Gallery + Sun Moon + Stamp Puppets (puppets/bomb creaction)
Stamp Puppets + Black Voice (single better control over 1 puppet from the puppet horde)

Convert Hands + Black Voice (fake clone)

Last edited:

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Chrollo is like my favorite anime/manga character period so I was fanboying really hard that whole fight.

Been rewatching a lot of new world review videos, dude is good and he's channel kinda blew up a bit because people are thirsty for HxH content

Jun 22, 2019
Background rewatched what Netflix had up with the English dub - which is rather decent for the most part.
(Tsezguerra was really bad though, felt as if the VA was unaware of the story and was reading lines given to him at random.)

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
The dub is like on the lesser part of decent tho imo.

Yeah I never even come into this thread expecting news lol.

Jun 22, 2019
The dub is like on the lesser part of decent tho imo.

Yeah. Like most English dubs, it fails to nail the extremely dramatic moments that rely on great delivery, but is pretty darn good with casual banter for the main cast.

Of the main cast, I think Leorio's voice is the worst as it doesn't match the character well, and since the VA (forgot name) is already everywhere in the dubbing market, that makes it worse, and I'm pretty sure that VA voices some minor characters in HxH with barely a change in his voice - the whole thing just comes off really awkward.

Killua and Kurapika are probably the best as far as the English dub goes, IMO.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
One day this will get animated. But anyways two weeks until it becomes the longest hiatus.

hiatus-hiatus.github.io

Hiatus Chart

Hiatus Chart

youtu.be

Hunter x Hunter : Hisoka vs Chrollo - ENG SUB - PART I [FAN ANIMATION]

Support the original Hunter x Hunter artwork by Togashi!I hope you like this little Fan animation of the chapter 351 !My Twitter: https://twitter.com/GoldenB...
Animators will get to finish this before Togashi comes back lol

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
One day this will get animated. But anyways two weeks until it becomes the longest hiatus.

hiatus-hiatus.github.io

Hiatus Chart

Hiatus Chart

Time to be optimistic and say the new record is because he is putting together two volumes to serialize in a row...

Could use it now that so many established jump series have ended/are ending. Though I wouldn't be surprised if we've got a ways to go now considering covid.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Finally checked out Ishida's Hisoka one-shot.

Pretty decent overall. Wish he had gone back and done a finished version, but I guess it was supposed to be a quick thing.

I started reading TG recently (and like it) and it would be great if he did more like this, but apparently he's planning to start a new series soon.