harleyvwarren

Oct 31, 2022
Illinois
I'm beginning the chapter and Phinks, Nobunaga arguing about where teleportation falls within the nen spectrum is art imitating life. Also, spooky chapter.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
FjckvEQUAAAcEVx

Source

Dec 2, 2021
look at this Vagabond ass panel
RV4ZD1.jpeg
Also does anybody know what the poster was for?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm feeling it.

I like that we're getting different pairings like this. The atmosphere and mood for this trap is pretty good as well. Feels like some awful shit could happen at any moment. I also like how it feels like there is a threat even though the Siders are involved. The power system makes it so they could still get got if they aren't too careful.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
I've always liked how there's a ship on the ship, because of course this royal family is like that.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Pretty sure that is suppose to be the boat that they gonna take to the real DC, thus why is detachable from the BW.
They're not going to the real Dark Continent. Like most of the other passengers, they're going to the New Continent. Only the Hunters/Zodiacs and Beyond and his people are going.

The usual guess is that it's a safeguard in case the main Black Whale happens to sink. Only the royal family and the wealthy on Tier 1 will survive. Beyond all that, it's most likely just a design detail to highlight the gap between Tier 1 and everyone else.

--

The group going plans to use Morel's ship:

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Phew, I'm back. Phantom Troupe flashback was amazing, legit cried at some points. They're just my favorite and I don't think this is the end of the flashback either. We still have a bit to go this arc, I imagine the final bit with come through Chrollo's eyes.

Morena playing chest out here

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
it's out

People arent gonna like it. I do think it's a little slow, if only because Togashi's output is limited. Good chapter though, Morena got a plan. Nobu, Feitan and Phink will probably regroup but man, Franklyn could have ended that whole room if he was around lol. Next chapter we know we'll be seeing some Pika, I'm excited

harleyvwarren

Oct 31, 2022
Illinois
Nobunaga cementing himself as best PT member. Friendlier than all of them. Digging his brief bromance with Hinrigh. One more chapter to go? I'm going to drool over the art on Sunday when we can full spoiler chat.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
They're not going to the real Dark Continent. Like most of the other passengers, they're going to the New Continent. Only the Hunters/Zodiacs and Beyond and his people are going.

The usual guess is that it's a safeguard in case the main Black Whale happens to sink. Only the royal family and the wealthy on Tier 1 will survive. Beyond all that, it's most likely just a design detail to highlight the gap between Tier 1 and everyone else.

--

The group going plans to use Morel's ship:

I thought that big ship was Morel's and was being used temporarily as Tier 1, before being detach from BW in the fake DC and used to go into real DC. Because otherwise where would Morel ship be then?

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I thought that big ship was Morel's and was being used temporarily as Tier 1, before being detach from BW in the fake DC and used to go into real DC. Because otherwise where would Morel ship be then?
Just another ship.

Same with Ging, Pariston, and the rest of Beyond's team who are most likely taking another ship.

DarkLegion

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Some cool art panels in this chapter. Slightly different style than we're used to. Guess it's to show intensity

Do we have a HxH discord?

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Caught up and man that forest scene with the Troupe hit hard, that note and the implications were so incredibly dark I felt a pit in my stomach, it's the kind of thing that hits harder when it's left unsaid.

The atmosphere is thick right now, Black Whale has become one of my favorite environments with how well realized it was.

Apr 12, 2022
I finished watching the 1999 anime until York Shin, and man, I really liked it. This version of York Shin was as good (if not better) than the 2011 version. The scene where Kurapika tells the mafia dude to get out of his way was so good. Speaking about Kurapika, the episode focusing on his training and his meeting with Senritsu was one of my favourites.

I thought all of the fillers were pretty good, especially the one they're all left stranded in an island and have to work together.

Also, when they think that the final exam is going to be a written test and Leorio makes all of those cheat sheets, lol.

harleyvwarren

Oct 31, 2022
Illinois
The art for when the knife Hinrigh throws enters the guy's head, an emitter with a cool ability, was really impressive to me. The irritated expression of that character after being interrupted in conversation, and the anger of activating his ability and crushing the hilt, I felt all that. Good stuff.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Back to Tier 1 and Kurapika for the end of the batch.

Hopefully he can get the next 10 out next year, but I'm just glad we got these after so long.

Oct 27, 2017
I finished watching the 1999 anime until York Shin, and man, I really liked it. This version of York Shin was as good (if not better) than the 2011 version. The scene where Kurapika tells the mafia dude to get out of his way was so good. Speaking about Kurapika, the episode focusing on his training and his meeting with Senritsu was one of my favourites.

I thought all of the fillers were pretty good, especially the one they're all left stranded in an island and have to work together.

Also, when they think that the final exam is going to be a written test and Leorio makes all of those cheat sheets, lol.
99 York Shin is unparalleled. Unfortunately the old OVA Greed Island looks REALLY bad compared to the 2011 anime version (holy shit it's been so long)

WindUp

Oct 30, 2017
Chapters like this are why this arc will never end. we're basically where we were pre teleport room except for the transmitter. Seems like the mafia / PT stuff will continue offscreen while we go back to kurapika though.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Chapters like this are why this arc will never end. we're basically where we were pre teleport room except for the transmitter. Seems like the mafia / PT stuff will continue offscreen while we go back to kurapika though.
Though Nobunaga also lost his katana.

Main point was to show that the Heil-Ly aren't just pushovers, especially at their base. After 391, many thought they would get easily beaten, even at their hideout.

Wish we knew where the arc is by 430 since he has it written to there at least.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
The sudden alliance of Nobunaga and Hinrigh was fun. They didn't need to succeed for these chapters to have been worth it.

That and they do have the transmitter hidden in their base, so that opens up some options alongside revealing a couple powers. We have several new pieces to this fight's puzzle.